PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Photo Shoot And Poker Run June 16

Poker Runs West
05-09-2007, 05:01 PM
The helicopter, the houseboat, three photographers, lunch stop, card stops, party location and most importantly the hot models are in place for this years SHASTA PHOTO SHOOT AND POKER RUN Saturday June 16. Everyone is invited to join in but you must register. Cost is only $100.00 and will include an 8x10 aerial photo of your boat delivered to you Saturday evening at the party at Bridge Bay. Go to www.pokerrunswest.com for the schedule of activities and to register. Do it now so you are guaranteed your helicopter time.
Hot BOAT MAGAZINE WILL BE COVERING THE EVENT...
If I can figure out how to do it I will start posting the boats registered next Monday.
IT'S GOING TO BE A BLAST.
CHRIS:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Poker Runs West
05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Greg, won't you have your hands full already?

Rock-it man
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM
I will be there . Thanks !! Chris for helping to make this event grow into something more than it was .
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologoes,llc

DCBob
05-10-2007, 08:04 AM
I will be there . Thanks !! Chris for helping to make this event grow into something more than it was .
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologoes,llc
Hey Wayne, how ya doing? How did the boat prform @ Desert Storm? Saw a lot of pics and it looked real good! :)

DAVEO
05-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologoes,llc
Whats wrong with the way it was?

DCBob
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Whats wrong with the way it was?
Hey.......good point!

DAVEO
05-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey.......good point!
Just wondering if I missed something. I thought it was Great.

Poker Runs West
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
In my opinion the Shasta Cat Attack has always been, and will continue to be a very cool get together. What we are doing is in no way meant to detract from all the fun associated with it.
Some people had suggested we add a new aspect to it for those that are interested, so we have done so. We are intentionally leaving our stuff pretty loosly orgainized so the original laid back outlaw feel of the weekend still prevails.
No one is required to join in with us for the photo shoot, or participate in any fashion, although we hope they do. For those interested be sure to pre-register so we have enough helicopter time for everyone. Additional information and registration is available at www.pokerrunswest.com.
Thanks,
Chris

DCBob
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
In my opinion the Shasta Cat Attack has always been, and will continue to be a very cool get together. What we are doing is in no way meant to detract from all the fun associated with it.
Some people had suggested we add a new aspect to it for those that are interested, so we have done so. We are intentionally leaving our stuff pretty loosly orgainized so the original laid back outlaw feel of the weekend still prevails.
No one is required to join in with us for the photo shoot, or participate in any fashion, although we hope they do. For those interested be sure to pre-register so we have enough helicopter time for everyone. Additional information and registration is available at www.pokerrunswest.com.
Thanks,
Chris
Awwwwww..........ya had me at loosely organized ;) I sent in my money today :) The Cat Attack is going to be great this year, can't wait!!!!!!

DAVEO
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Im not sure if we are going or not. I hope we go.

acatitude
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
aw cmon Dave ya cant just peter(using that loosely, lol) out on all the trips bro...

acatitude
05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Awwwwww..........ya had me at loosely organized ;) I sent in my money today :) The Cat Attack is going to be great this year, can't wait!!!!!!
if you bring all your boats, ill leave mine at home and drive yours:D :D . And Ill put big Joes cooler in it...... FULL;)

DAVEO
05-10-2007, 08:58 PM
aw cmon Dave ya cant just peter(using that loosely, lol) out on all the trips bro...
Trust me I will try and make the shasta trip. Just lots of crap going on with the move so no time to get the sled ready.

acatitude
05-10-2007, 09:03 PM
yea I totally understand that.... Maybe you should bring the boat instead of the sled:D :D :D :D arent I just so fockin funny sometimes.. yea I know like a pain in the arse, lol....... hope you make it

DAVEO
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
yea I totally understand that.... Maybe you should bring the boat instead of the sled:D :D :D :D arent I just so fockin funny sometimes.. yea I know like a pain in the arse, lol....... hope you make it
LOL:D :D

serviiice
05-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologoes,llc
Wayne, Its me Chris from Bridge to Bridge. I was your neighbor on the docks with the red and white flamed Ultra. Will be nice to see you again.

charitycase
05-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Damn,we will all be out at CFW that whole week.You guys have fun & be safe.
We hope to make that trip one year.

ELIMINAT THIS
05-11-2007, 08:52 AM
This sounds like fun I may have to check this out....:idea: :)

DCBob
05-12-2007, 05:08 AM
This sounds like fun I may have to check this out....:idea: :)
Well......yeah! ;)

acatitude
05-12-2007, 07:14 AM
hey Kaler is Los bringing the nor tech to shasta??

Washed Ashore
05-12-2007, 08:44 PM
hey Kaler is Los bringing the nor tech to shasta??
YEP!!

DCBob
05-13-2007, 07:03 AM
YEP!!
Now, if Jeff is only bringing the DCB :idea: ;) :)

Washed Ashore
05-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Now, if Jeff is only bringing the DCB :idea: ;) :)
:(

Poker Runs West
05-14-2007, 11:13 AM
In response to all the calls with questions about what we are doing, it is spelled out fairly well at www.pokerrunswest.com. Click on the Shasta event and it will fill you in.
HERE ARE THE BASICS:
Register now and cost is $100----you get a 8x10 aerial photo delivered to you at the Sat. cocktail party, one poker hand, two tickets for both cocktail parties including some hordourves, right to buy a CD full of event pictures for $40 mailed to you later, PRW power tour shirts for only $15, and we will be printing pictures of your choice from the days shoot Saturday at BRIDGE BAY FROM 6-8 IN THE BAR for only $20.00
Friday from 6-7 at Bridge Bay bar late registration $125 ---- Cocktail Party with finger food for registered participants. PICK UP DRIVERS PACKETS.
Saturday 10am super late registration on house boat by dam $150
PICK UP DRIVERS PACKET
10:45 Drivers meeting at houseboat.
11-12 Individual helicopter shots of registered boats only
12 Group run to Silverthorn for optional lunch
Afternoon is open to hit card stops that will listed in
drivers packet--------you DO NOT NEED TO MAKE ALL
THE CARD STOPS-----but if you do you get a 6th card
at the awards cocktail party Sat. evening.
7-8 Awards cocktail party with food for registered participants
Poker hand winners announced
Pictures handed out
Photos printed while you wait, t-shirts available,
Order CD's, Try to hook up with the models
I will be posting names of registered participants later today and add to it as more come in.........

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
05-14-2007, 12:18 PM
YEP!!
I remember towing oops, being pushed by that boat @hooky day, oh and bye the way where is my cocktail you promised?
BIG JOE SSMF:D

Poker Runs West
05-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Here is the list of sign ups for Shasta so far. Last year there were around 40 boats involved. Get your registration in early to save late registration fees and gaurantee your helicopter time.
ELIMINATOR BOATS IS SPONSORING THE HELICOPTER
FRISCO'S FINEST & BRENTWOOD TOWING ARE SPONSORING FRIDAYS PARTY
Carlos Guzman 36 Nortech
Steve Sherman 22 Talon
Charlie Schadewitz 28 Velocity
Robert Sherman 26 Eliminator
Chris Gonzalez 22 Advantage
Greg Lennon 28 Eliminator
Chris Leach 28 Eliminator
Toby Strauch 35 Formula
Bob Leach 36 Eliminator
Dean Tognotti 22 Eliminator
Dr. Evil 36 Nortech
Larry Deskins 18 Keaton
Debbie Burness 21 Sanger
Kevin McDonald 28 Eliminator
Wayne Kruse 44 Liquid Technology
Rob Anthony 25 Eliminator
Darin Collins 38 Fountain
Brian Barbarick 24 Cheetah
Cam Dudley 28 Bullet
Jerry Kinney 36 Spectra
John Dipietro 25 Warlock
Chuck Seaton 28 Nordic
Brian Pickney 29 DCB
Dan Bouchard 26 DCB

grads2112
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Is that the list for Shasta Cat Attack or the Eliminator regatta? :D Nice showing of Eliminators.

Dave C
05-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm gonna get 4 or 5 more eliminators signed up too.....:D
see all you fawkers there...

Mrs. Restless22
05-16-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm gonna get 4 or 5 more eliminators signed up too.....:D
see all you fawkers there...
Damnit, does that mean we have to put an Eliminator sticker on our boat again??:rolleyes: :)

Dave C
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
No. be proud of who you are..... kool aid for life.. isn't that how you roll? ;) :D besides every group needs an odd-man out.
Sorry Mrs. R. I forgot about our "black sheep." Make that 4 Eliminators and one blacksheep (DCB) ;) ;)
see you there ... ;) :D
Damnit, does that mean we have to put an Eliminator sticker on our boat again??:rolleyes: :)

DAVEO
05-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mrs. Restless22
Damnit, does that mean we have to put an Eliminator sticker on our boat again??
I'll be passing them out at the launch ramp.:)
cool Ill need something to start the BBQ with....:D

acatitude
05-16-2007, 02:04 PM
too funny :D

Boatmaster
05-16-2007, 08:37 PM
No. be proud of who you are..... kool aid for life.. isn't that how you roll? ;) :D besides every group needs an odd-man out.
Sorry Mrs. R. I forgot about our "black sheep." Make that 4 Eliminators and one blacksheep (DCB) ;) ;)
see you there ... ;) :D
Not to worry DCB will be making a very large presence.:D Trust me!

Eliminator 4 Life
05-16-2007, 09:53 PM
JUST REMEMBER who made you STOKER:mad:

Eliminator 4 Life
05-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Ill be registering this week.:D

twowheeledfish
05-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Hmmm... might have to add my old school Eliminator to the list.

Dave C
05-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Are you the black sheep of the DCLB group?? or does that title belong to someone else?
Good it makes me happy when you guys are there... finally someone more broke than I am.... ;) ;) :D :D
see you guys out there!!:D

DAVEO
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
JUST REMEMBER who made you STOKER:mad:
Ido it was Al in johns custom marine...:D

Eliminator 4 Life
05-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Ido it was Al in johns custom marine...:D
Yea who laid it up:devil:

DAVEO
05-17-2007, 02:28 PM
:rolleyes: Yea who laid it up:devil:
Al did:rolleyes:
Dont mater anyway cuz it will not be there. If Im bringing a boat it will be an advantage sport cat..

DCBob
05-17-2007, 05:56 PM
:rolleyes:
Al did:rolleyes:
Dont mater anyway cuz it will not be there. If Im bringing a boat it will be an advantage sport cat..
Now thats what I'm talkin about ;) :)

NICE PAIR
05-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I hear Talon will be well represented also.:D

DAVEO
05-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I hear Talon will be well represented also.:D
Who? :D

Obsessive Compulsive
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
What!!!

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Where:d

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Where

Obsessive Compulsive
05-22-2007, 01:23 PM
How...

Poker Runs West
05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Everything is falling into place for a great day at Shasta. Bridge Bay is all set for the cockatil parties on Friday and Saturday.
Read earlier posts for an overview of the schedule or go to www.pokerrunswest.com for all the info.
I will be posting more names of those registering soon.
Register soon so we have enough helicopter time for you and you can also save money over the late registration fees.
Chris

Poker Runs West
05-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I have added new names to the list of registered boats today May 27. The list is near the top of this page---page 2.
Chris

DCBob
06-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Bump ;)

Poker Runs West
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
New participants names were added to the list on page 1 of this thread.
All registrations must be received by Tuesday June 12 to avoid late registration fees.
Participant packets and shirts etc. will be available at the FRISCO'S FINEST TOWING / CARLOS GUZMAN sponsored cocktail party Friday at Bridge Bay bar from 6-7.
The Jones Valley Resort HQ houseboat will be in front of the dam by 10am for late pick up.
Drivers Meeting at HQ houseboat 10:45am Sat by the dam. Get as close as you can to the houseboat and turn off engines so all can hear. Feel free to raft off.
PHOTO SHOOT SET FOR 11AM with all boats as close to the houseboat as possible for a group shot then I will send you off one at a time. After your photo run return to the houseboat and wait for the group run.
Group run will be in formation with pace boat at 55mph until signal to go is given. It will be a fairly long time as the helicopter manuvers to get shots of everyone. BE CALM, BE COOL, BE SAFE AND BE PATIENT.
The group run is to Jones Valley Resort. Boats are to pull into Jones Valley and get near the docks so we can get pictures of your boats near the facility.
When the helicopter leaves go to Silverthorn for lunch.
Afternoon is open to hit the stops or not. Awards and pictures 7-8 cocktail party at Bridge Bay Bar.

TUNNEL T
06-07-2007, 04:46 PM
fri show up at drews houseboat with lots of friends proceed to drink
sat wake up slightly (i say slighty) foggy ,go for hell rips and more hell rips proceed to have more drinks with friends on drews houseboat .
sun wake up a little foggier than sat morn and say goodbye(and good ridence) to some great friends . TUNNEL T:D :D

Poker Runs West
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Sounds like you have your plan well in place. No sense ruining some good drinking time with an over the top boating experience. I would really appreciate your staying clear of our group if you are intoxicated and driving your boat. Hope you manage to stay safe in spite of your plans.
Chris

ELIMINAT THIS
06-07-2007, 05:31 PM
fri show up at drews houseboat with lots of friends proceed to drink
sat wake up slightly (i say slighty) foggy ,go for hell rips and more hell rips proceed to have more drinks with friends on drews houseboat .
sun wake up a little foggier than sat morn and say goodbye(and good ridence) to some great friends . TUNNEL T:D :D
Does his new houseboat have a hot tub I can piss in.....:jawdrop:

TUNNEL T
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
no you just have to go find a rental!
hey chris , if your saying that no one should have a beer at your event yo'll be one lonely fella . and believe me common sense is still at the top of the list with all of us boaters ,so keep your panties on! TUNNEL T

Washed Ashore
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
AGAIN !!!!!:)

deltarat
06-07-2007, 09:31 PM
no you just have to go find a rental!
hey chris , if your saying that no one should have a beer at your event yo'll be one lonely fella . and believe me common sense is still at the top of the list with all of us boaters ,so keep your panties on! TUNNEL T
Chris I believe that what Tunnel T is saying is that we all need to remember that long before this event became so organized it was our yearly trip to Lake Shasta. It has always been a weekend of fun and safe boating as are all of our trips. If someone sees something that they don't approve of they should remove themselves from the situation, and have a discussion about it at a later time in a private setting. You have been around us and been on enough of our fun runs to know that safety is first and foremost in our minds and will never be jeopardized in exchange for fun. I hope you all have a great trip to Shasta this year and I look forward to seeing some great pictures when you all return.

acatitude
06-07-2007, 09:52 PM
well said Terry sorry you can't make it but we will catch up with you soon

Boatmaster
06-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Ditto!! Hope to see you on the water soon Terry. I will call you today on your gears.

Familycat
06-08-2007, 06:30 AM
Picked up the drive last night from Drew. Put it on and had the boat running before dark. It is gassed up and ready for a shakedown run this weekend at Don Pedro. Probably hanging with Gary "Bocco". Again thanks Drew. looking forward to Shasta.
Rick

Rocket-J
06-08-2007, 08:27 AM
It's probably not fair to Hi-Jack Chris's thread here, when the Cat Attack group has its own thread. This is Chris's business and the Cat Attack is our addiction. :D Al

deltarat
06-08-2007, 08:30 AM
It's probably not fair to Hi-Jack Chris's thread here, when the Cat Attack group has its own thread. This is Chris's business and the Cat Attack is our addiction. :D Al
Al you are correct, but my statement stands as written.

Poker Runs West
06-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear from everyone that safety is a concern for all. I just didn't get that impression from Tunnel T's first posting. Tunnel T thanks for clearing that up and please stop by for a drink and you will see that I am far from lonely. Oh by the way no panties here, usually ball free in the summer.
I respect the desire of those who want the "Cat Attack" to remain unorganized and unstructured and have stated so previously. I know some talk behind my back about my "stealing their event" but that is simply not the case. I was asked by a variety of people who have attended cat attack for years to organize something in conjunction with it, responded to their wishes and have been thanked for doing so. The wonderful thing is no one has to do anything or get involved in anything they don't like whether it be my loosly organized photo shoot, poker run and parties or, in my case, wasting precious time responding to negative issues on this forum. Which is why I will not comment on this particular issue further and move on to more enjoyable pursuits like fun boating experiences.
Regardless of how you choose to spend your time at Shasta I wish you a fun, memorable, rewarding and safe time there.
Chris;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

TUNNEL T
06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Chris I believe that what Tunnel T is saying is that we all need to remember that long before this event became so organized it was our yearly trip to Lake Shasta. It has always been a weekend of fun and safe boating as are all of our trips. If someone sees something that they don't approve of they should remove themselves from the situation, and have a discussion about it at a later time in a private setting. You have been around us and been on enough of our fun runs to know that safety is first and foremost in our minds and will never be jeopardized in exchange for fun. I hope you all have a great trip to Shasta this year and I look forward to seeing some great pictures when you all return.
terry ,once again well put , chris no harm no foul, once again we are going to the lake for one reason .TO HAVE A GOOD TIME with good friends .i'll take you up on that cold one ! see ya there ! TUNNEL T

Poker Runs West
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Tunnel T it will be on ice.
Chris

DCBob
06-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Geeeze you guys get a room!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: ;) :)

Poker Runs West
06-10-2007, 09:54 AM
FREE PIZZA AT THE LUNCH STOP. Silverthorn resort will be helping with docking for all and setting out 10 of their killer pizzas for the crowd to chomp on while ordering drinks and lunch.
It just keeps getting better and better:) :) :) :) :)
Chris

Poker Runs West
06-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Two DCB owners Bouchard and Pinckney were just added to the list. Could it be the free pizza at lunch????????????
To open up more free lake time to pursue your favorite Shasta activity there will be only two mandatory card stops, one at Jones Valley Resort and the lunch stop at Silverthorn Bar. Just follow the helicopter during the group run from the dam and you won't get lost.
Chris:) :) :) :)

Lot Lizard
06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Rumor has it Chris from Poker Runs West will voluntarily pay the $75 entry fees for any DCB boats that attend. Being he was nice enough to pay for Boatmasters silent entry he decided to pickup the tab for all DCB's.
LL

Lot Lizard
06-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Except for Tunnel T...............drinking problem?

acatitude
06-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Rumor has it Chris from Poker Runs West will voluntarily pay the $75 entry fees for any DCB boats that attend. Being he was nice enough to pay for Boatmasters silent entry he decided to pickup the tab for all DCB's.
LL
hey thats awesome chris. please sign up and pay for my new DCB.... thanks buddy:D :D

DSIDan
06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
hey thats awesome chris. please sign up and pay for my new DCB.... thanks buddy:D :D
Thats some funny shiat! I gotta learn photo shop, then I could stretch mine 3 ft and pick up $60k, maybee add 1 more motor for another $10k. :o

DSIDan
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
what happened to Fabio? My wife said if comes with the boat she may want one of her own.

Poker Runs West
06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Tunnel T gets the free beer and maybe some time with the models if he behaves himself.:idea: :idea: :idea:

acatitude
06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
what happened to Fabio? My wife said if comes with the boat she may want one of her own.
that comes on the mach--o mach--o man f26 princess cruise model..:D

Poker Runs West
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Ken, I called Dave to order your new DCB and he wouldn't sell me one to give to you. I couldn't really understand him clearly since he was screaming but he was saying something about no frogs, fabio's or any faggot princes's will ever be in one of his boats. Sorry I tried.........Blown Carrera will have to do.;) ;)

acatitude
06-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Ken, I called Dave to order your new DCB and he wouldn't sell me one to give to you. I couldn't really understand him clearly since he was screaming but he was saying something about no frogs, fabio's or any faggot princes's will ever be in one of his boats. Sorry I tried.........Blown Carrera will have to do.;) ;)
predjudice lil fock aint he??:D ...

Poker Runs West
06-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Anyone wanting specific or special shots of their boats need to let us know by email tomorrow or at the cocktail party Friday night at Bridge Bay. We will process what we think is the best picture of your boat from the air Saturday afternoon and have it for you at Saturdays party. Other pictures that people want to purchase will be printed at the party, the following day or mailed to you later.:) :) :)

Poker Runs West
06-13-2007, 06:24 AM
CAT MAN DO and you Oregon boys are in. You can negotiate with Morgan concerning any late registration fees owed.:D :D :D

Poker Runs West
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
All registrations are filed and numbers assigned. Pick up registration packets at the Cocktail party at Bridge Bay Friday night from 6-7:30 or Saturday morning at the houseboat near the dam before 10:30.
If anyone needs to reach us at the lake try 916-704-7022 or 704-7033.
Everyone have a fun filled safe weekend.:) :) :)
Chris

Poker Runs West
06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Some pics are posted at www.pokerrunswest.com for all to see. Many picutes of the SHASTA PHOTO SHOOT & POKER RUN are also being shown in the cat attack thread. Thanks for the additional exposure guys.:) :)
MANY THANKS to all who registered and participated in the event. It was your commitment and involvement that made the weekend one to remember.
SPECIAL THANKS to Bob Leach & ELIMINATOR BOATS as well as Carlos Guzman & FRISCO'S FINEST TOWING for stepping up and sponsoring the Helicopter and parties respectively.
CD's with about 800 pictures will be mailed later this week to those who pre-paid at the event. Others can be purchased for $40.00 by contacting us at www.pokerrunswest.com or calling 916-652-7022.
I will post more info later.
Chris:) :) :)

DCBob
06-20-2007, 05:43 AM
I think the PRW Photo Shoot and run to Jones Valley and Silverthorn were a nice addition to the Cat Attack! I love the photos and the run wasn't so long that we Cat Attackers missed out on our regular dailey runs/floats. My only observation is; if the events are to be piggybacked (good idea!) Chris should post a list of prices prior to the event (like now) ie the Photo Shoot is $100 (or whatever) per boatload wristbands included for all passengers. Included in the original price are the boat photos, T-shirts, parties etc. If the Cat Attack peeps (or anyone else wants to join with one of the parties or buy a shirt or something short of registering for the whole event he/she can do so at a reasonable price like a small cover charge to participate each night. That way no offending Cat Attacker will steal a cheeseball or slice of free pizza and "wreck the whole event!" I think if you poll the entire group most of the peeps will say the Cat Attack was there first but the PRW Photo Shoot was a nice addition to the weekend!! These events should not be in competition with each other they actually compliment each other and they both came off pretty sweeeet! end of rant!

Poker Runs West
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I think the PRW Photo Shoot and run to Jones Valley and Silverthorn were a nice addition to the Cat Attack! I love the photos and the run wasn't so long that we Cat Attackers missed out on our regular dailey runs/floats. My only observation is; if the events are to be piggybacked (good idea!) Chris should post a list of prices prior to the event (like now) ie the Photo Shoot is $100 (or whatever) per boatload wristbands included for all passengers. Included in the original price are the boat photos, T-shirts, parties etc. If the Cat Attack peeps (or anyone else wants to join with one of the parties or buy a shirt or something short of registering for the whole event he/she can do so at a reasonable price like a small cover charge to participate each night. That way no offending Cat Attacker will steal a cheeseball or slice of free pizza and "wreck the whole event!" I think if you poll the entire group most of the peeps will say the Cat Attack was there first but the PRW Photo Shoot was a nice addition to the weekend!! These events should not be in competition with each other they actually compliment each other and they both came off pretty sweeeet! end of rant!
Bob, thanks for the input. I never took it as a rant, just good discussion. I never said nor implied that anyone tried to wreck anything. I agree with you that things came off rather well for everyone on the lake from what I have read and heard. We did have a pricing structure for those not registered but no one asked about it as far as I know. Could we have done a better job controlling how we ran the event ABOSLUTELY. But that dam hindsight is way better than my foresight. I too thought that my event and what the guys do on cat attack complimented each other. However I have heard that some think I am stealing cat attack. Some have also said that I should do it at another time when cat attack isn't there. See the Tahoe Photo Shoot thread here to see what I mean. I do have some legitimate safety concerns too that came up during the group run. So to avoid any problems or offending someone I set my Shasta date for next year to be June 13 & 14. Someone had to pick a date and I hope my picking that one does not interfere with anything others have planed for Shasta next year.
I will state again that I think having my event when cat attack guys are doing there thing at Shasta works well and is highly desirable by many people who want to partake in both during one trip to Shasta. However I do understand if those in the cat attack group want to visit Shasta when we are not there.
I hope I have clarified anyones questions and addressed any concerns. Still trying to find that one #@^*?<+#> cheeseball I can't account for.

acatitude
06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
not to get in a pissing match Chris but if your refering to my statement you should also see that it was made after your post#8 incinuating cat attack folks were trying to take credit for YOUR evnt pics...... I tried to explain in the other thread and just saw this so Im not buying it. I just responded to your accusation.............just seemed like a poor statement coming from you. I didnt expect it, unless you can explain a different meaning from it... and one of the cat attack even sponsored your event. maybe you should rent a special room at BB then you wont have to worry about the general public also buying drinks in the bar or stealing your cheeseballs , lol to funny

Poker Runs West
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
We are burning the CD's for those that purchased them and they will have over 1200 pictures on them. They should get mailed this weekend. All of Erik's from the helicopter are there and most of Jasons will be on it also. Seems I had to edit out some of Jasons from the houseboat party Saturday night and put them into my personal collection...............:eek: :eek: :eek:
If anyone has a particuarily funny or unique story from the weekend run let me know it if it would be suitable for print in a magazine.

grads2112
06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Seems I had to edit out some of Jasons from the houseboat party Saturday night and put them into my personal collection...............:eek: :eek: :eek:
I can't understand why:sqeyes: :D :D :D

Frequent Flier
06-21-2007, 02:54 PM
HEHEHE.....:D :D :D :devil:

Napanutt
06-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Seems I had to edit out some of Jasons from the houseboat party Saturday night and put them into my personal collection...............:eek: :eek: :eek:
I was told by a certain individual that could have possibaly been included in those said "personal collection photos" to get a hold of Jason and inquire about copys of them etc. ...:sqeyes:
How do we get a hold of Jason (or anyone else with access to "personal collection" photos)...:D

Mrs.Daytona
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Uh oh..you mean that wasn't Grads camera flash going off? :jawdrop:

Napanutt
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Uh oh..you mean that wasn't Grads camera flash going off? :jawdrop:
I got this one
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/brinsus/DSCN2120.jpg
Was there more to be concerned about after we left...:sqeyes:

grads2112
06-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I got this one
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/brinsus/DSCN2120.jpg
Was there more to be concerned about after we left...:sqeyes:
At least their clothes are on in that one:)