PDA

View Full Version : The "new Crowd" In The Channel

Not So Fast
05-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Has any body noticed the bunch of homeless indigents hanging around under the big tree, island side about in the middle of the channel. Yesterday as we passed them I guess they had been drinking and were very boisterous yelling at us and flashing some kind of stupid hand signs. Things are bad enough there and its hard to believe the city can't do something about it. City Guy, care to comment!!!!!!!!!! Let the wise cracks flow :D NSF

ChumpChange
05-10-2007, 06:53 AM
They won't last long with the heat coming.

BajaMike
05-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Has any body noticed the bunch of homeless indigents hanging around under the big tree, island side about in the middle of the channel. Yesterday as we passed them I guess they had been drinking and were very boisterous yelling at us and flashing some kind of stupid hand signs. Things are bad enough there and its hard to believe the city can't do something about it. City Guy, care to comment!!!!!!!!!! Let the wise cracks flow :D NSF
Pics??
:idea:

VEGASBABY
05-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Probably all the people who used to own businesses on the channel before they jacked with it!

That Guy
05-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Probably all the people who used to own businesses on the channel before they jacked with it!
:D :D

BALLSDEEP
05-10-2007, 07:26 AM
We made the mistake (I don’t know if it was a mistake because they were pretty damn entertaining) of parking in front of this group a few weeks ago. It’s amazing what meth does to people. When we saw them, there was a kid (probably in his early 20’s) with his fat girl friend who were part of the new group. This kid went up and socked this older man (also part of the new crowd) in the face for trying to take one of his Natural Lights. This older guy had to have been in his 50’s but hard to tell between the years of sun and meth. Long story short the older bum was bleeding all over and had blood pouring out of everywhere. We all sat there in shock; hard to believe that some young punk would beat the shit out of someone at least twice his age, it was like a Jerry Springer episode and we had front row seats

Big Warlock
05-10-2007, 07:31 AM
ROFL!!!!!!:D

CityGuy
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Here's how you can help us help you. Take out your cell phone and store this number in your phonebook: 928-855-4111
Next time you are hassled or offended by anyone in the Channel or anywhere in Lake Havasu City for that matter, dial this number and you will speak directly to a dispatch operator. Officers normally don't spend much time in the Channel during the week unless there is a specific complaint. If you make the call, they will respond.
Charlie Cassens

Warlockjer
05-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Those were probably city workers just taking a break:) :)

ClownRoyal
05-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Those are the people who are building the new Seawall :D

brianthomas
05-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Those were probably city workers just taking a break:) :)
Yep, and we read ***boat so watch what you say!

RaceFace
05-10-2007, 07:59 AM
We were out during the middle of the week last October and pulled up on the beach in the channel with the kids. The "group" was about 30 yards up the beach, under a tree. My 4 and 7 year old boys got out and instantly started digging in the sand. The group saw this and basically started heckling and inmitating them. I was shocked and wifey was pissed. She telling me "Go say something to them!!". I chose to take the smarter way out. I loaded the boys back up and went past the bridge to the sandy beaches across from the condo's. The last thing I needed is to get in a fight with a bunch of homeless in front of my kids. I'm trying to teach them that boating is fun.

Quest4Fun
05-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Here's how you can help us help you. Take out your cell phone and store this number in your phonebook: 928-855-4111
Next time you are hassled or offended by anyone in the Channel or anywhere in Lake Havasu City for that matter, dial this number and you will speak directly to a dispatch operator. Officers normally don't spend much time in the Channel during the week unless there is a specific complaint. If you make the call, they will respond.
Charlie Cassens
I agree with Mr. Cassens here. I have spoken to the police about the problem and they said to call anytime you see something going wrong. Part of the problem is that it is a public park and as long as they are not there overnight or doing anything illegal, there isn't much the police can do. We called the police last year because we witnessed one of these guys urinating on a tree - in broad daylight, in front of our kids. They came and hauled the guy away. There is power in numbers so if we all start calling and complaining about their behavior, maybe they will move along. I miss the days when they would just put them on a bus and give them a one-way ticket out of town!

Baja Big Dog
05-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Its probably the city government having a board meeting!!!:confused:

Hallett19
05-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Dont talk about Tom Brown like that!

River918
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
They won't last long with the heat coming.
They'll just quit wearing the winter blankets and switch to a Speedo....:eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/P9090040-1.jpg

nodigg
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
They were out in force on Monday afternoon. They probably will head for the California coast in a couple of weeks ?? (I hope)
So, if they are just standing around in a cluster, is there a call warranted city guy?

DEMOMAN
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Maybe I'll finally break out that water ballon launcher.:D

CityGuy
05-10-2007, 09:12 AM
So, if they are just standing around in a cluster, is there a call warranted city guy?
I doubt the police would contact anyone for just standing around in a public park -- even if they are in a cluster.

Jordy
05-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I doubt the police would contact anyone for just standing around in a public park -- even if they are in a cluster.
True, there might be a bigger menace on the loose, like a girl dancing on the back of a boat wearing... a bikini!!! :jawdrop: :idea: :D

Havasu1
05-10-2007, 09:16 AM
They were out in force on Monday afternoon. They probably will head for the California coast in a couple of weeks ?? (I hope)
Good point. I'll let you all know when the return to the mother ship here at the Ocean Beach Pier in San Diego.

nodigg
05-10-2007, 09:26 AM
True, there might be a bigger menace on the loose, like a girl dancing on the back of a boat wearing... a bikini!!! :jawdrop: :idea: :D
BAM!:D :sqeyes:

SummerBreeze
05-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I saw these guys
It's sad
I guess they need to hang out somewhere
Maybe we could teach them to fish

Kilrtoy
05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I was parked right next to them last weekend and they did not bother me at all, They drank their plain wrap vodka and plain wrap beer. They cleaned up their mess and did not bother a soul.
Now all the gang bangers in the channel, THEY BOTHER ME, I wish the police would deal with them, They infact cause trouble

HatenWinter
05-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I think these are the same guys that the previous mayor was trying to re-claim the channel for... :D

707dog
05-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I was parked right next to them last weekend and they did not bother me at all, They drank their plain wrap vodka and plain wrap beer. They cleaned up their mess and did not bother a soul.
Now all the gang bangers in the channel, THEY BOTHER ME, I wish the police would deal with them, They infact cause trouble
damn you guys got gang bangers in havi? thought it was a fokin get away spot...didnt know the desert had hoods or ghetto's!!

MR HARLEY
05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Pics??
:idea:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0818-1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0819.jpg

andy01
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0818-1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Img_0819.jpg
I think the guy in the tan hat, blue shirt, black shorts is Toby (Tobtek) here on the boards......... :eek:

Not So Fast
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Charlie Cassens
Thanks Charlie, will do. They werent really causing a big commotion or anything but does Havasu need any more negative headlines??
Kilr, I agree with you that IF they are not bothering anyone then its better than some of the undesireable looking gangsters but you should know very well that if this becomes a well known hangout for the homeless because of being able to sleep under the stars so to speak that others will follow ala Santa Monica. It wasnt long ago there were only a couple of homeless hangin in the channel, yesterday it was more like 10-12. They will continue to grow in numbers and then what???? :( NSF

Kilrtoy
05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks Charlie, will do. They werent really causing a big commotion or anything but does Havasu need any more negative headlines??
Kilr, I agree with you that IF they are not bothering anyone then its better than some of the undesireable looking gangsters but you should know very well that if this becomes a well known hangout for the homeless because of being able to sleep under the stars so to speak that others will follow ala Santa Monica. It wasnt long ago there were only a couple of homeless hangin in the channel, yesterday it was more like 10-12. They will continue to grow in numbers and then what???? :( NSF
Yes I agree, as long as i have been coming to havi, I have seen homeless people and seen them in the channel. They have never been ibn the numbers they were in last weekend. Albeit they do have the same rights as us to use the channel

Magic34
05-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Anyone else watch Criminal Minds on CBS last night?
This thread reminds me of that episode last night for some reason.

DeltaSigBoater
05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Magic34 - Be happy you new boat is to big for the channel. Or else you might have homeless people asking if they can wash your windshield for spare change. :D

CityGuy
05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
If the people in these photos are on the London Bridge Beach Park (Island side), then they are breaking the law by consuming alcohol in a city park. In this case, the LEOs would be justified in making contact.
If these people are transients, chances are at least a couple of them already have warrants for FTA or a judgment from one or more prior contacts. A night in jail, see the judge, released, back under the tree, new FTA warrant...etc...etc...etc. It's an unfortunate and frustrating cycle for everyone involved, especially law enforcement.
But again - if you call, the police will respond.
Charlie

Magic34
05-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Magic34 - Be happy you new boat is to big for the channel. Or else you might have homeless people asking if they can wash your windshield for spare change. :D
I have to worry about having time to even get to Havasu first before I could even think about getting on the water or channel.
By the way, you notice how high up my windshield is? No water will ever get on it to make it spotty.

Magic34
05-10-2007, 01:26 PM
If the people in these photos are on the London Bridge Beach Park (Island side), then they are breaking the law by consuming alcohol in a city park. In this case, the LEOs would be justified in making contact.
If these people are transients, chances are at least a couple of them already have warrants for FTA or a judgment from one or more prior contacts. A night in jail, see the judge, released, back under the tree, new FTA warrant...etc...etc...etc. It's an unfortunate and frustrating cycle for everyone involved, especially law enforcement.
Charlie
Does anyone else think it is really cool that Charlie comes in here to respond, even though he may take a lt of heat sometimes due to ***boat being ***boat?
I would think that after this thread, next time he talked with an enforcement official, he would advise them of 1 or 2 situations for them to watch as well.
I like it. Thanks Charlie for helping us out around here.

2Driver
05-10-2007, 01:26 PM
THey may be tough stuff in numbers against one boating family. I wonder how they would hold up agaist a mass landing of HB'ers? :devil:

Magic34
05-10-2007, 01:28 PM
THey may be tough stuff in numbers against one boating family. I wonder how they would hold up agaist a mass landing of HB'ers? :devil:
I've got the air horn on the arch.... I can do 4 quick blasts to call all hands on deck or beach or whatever.

MR.rvrluvr
05-10-2007, 01:31 PM
F n A bubba..:D

2Driver
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I've got the air horn on the arch.... I can do 4 quick blasts to call all hands on deck or beach or whatever.
You know that could work.
Be great to all take up spots in the channel early and not act as a large group. When they start to hassle the family in front of them, you BLAST and the beach comes alive with about 30+ HB'ers.

nodigg
05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Amen on the bangers. Now, about policing practices, does profiling get the bangers more attention just because of their look (from LE) or are they just another citizen until an altercation errupts?
I'm not bashing LE, only asking about practices in the real world.

Focker
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
arent those the San Diego charger fans that bet thier homes on the first playoff game San Diego was in this year?:D

Chipster27
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Anyone else watch Criminal Minds on CBS last night?
I fell asleep before it ended, I asume the girl got out.
Does anyone else think it is really cool that Charlie comes in here to respond, even though he may take a lt of heat sometimes due to ***boat being ***boat?
Absolutly! This is a tough crowd and any city official responds to the call of the community on a public forum deserves a hand, especially if he provides the info necessary to correct the situation.

Not So Fast
05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Charlie
Sort of obvious from the picture that they are imbiding of the devil drink no?? So why does it take a phone call from someone when they are there just about "ALWAYS" Not busting your balls Charlie but shouldnt the law be enforced every day?? And if they are hassled enough wont they leave? Just asking a question Ok. We dont need another eyesore as we have one under the bridge already :( :( NSF

TCHB
05-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes they hang out around the tree and drink cheap clear liquor. It is sad to see people just waste their lives like that. The one lady was passed out in the dirt while others kept drinking the clear boooze.

lawbreaker2
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Are you sure they are homeless, cuz they have better cloths than I do, and I work for living.:eek:

Havasu1986
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I would think that after this thread, next time he talked with an enforcement official, he would advise them of 1 or 2 situations for them to watch as well.
I like it. Thanks Charlie for helping us out around here.
This reminds me of a conversation i had with a havi cop in the channel the weekend of Desert Storm. His partner was giving verbal warnings about tieing up to the cleats. I told him that I have been reading about this on H.B. He asked me who BoatCop and BigDoug was. He thought they were both cops. I told him 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Then he told me his new job is cleat police. :) :D

HavaSkank
05-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Bum Fights Rule!

slowinhavasu
05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes they hang out around the tree and drink cheap clear liquor. It is sad to see people just waste their lives like that. The one lady was passed out in the dirt while others kept drinking the clear boooze.
?????????????
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/slowinhavasu/5-2-2007-098.jpg

vee-driven
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Why worry about the homeless tweakers when there is real crime going on like loud boats and people trying to have a good time.

Not So Fast
05-11-2007, 06:53 AM
arent those the San Diego charger fans that bet thier homes on the first playoff game San Diego was in this year?:D
If your team played as well as you talk smack they would have been in the "Super Bowl" Focker :D You are relentless, I'll give you that. When you coming up again? NSF GO CHARGERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<

acatitude
05-11-2007, 07:56 AM
oh and I thought those folks in the park were just waiting for delivery of there new dcb's:D

phebus
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
oh and I thought those folks in the park were just waiting for delivery of there new dcb's:D
Dave's Channel Bums :)

nodigg
05-11-2007, 08:36 AM
:eek: :D :D

Focker
05-11-2007, 10:34 AM
your team plays so well, I'll give you that. When you coming up again? NSF GO BRONCOS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<
very soon
thanks again Bobby:D

MR HARLEY
05-11-2007, 10:37 AM
No you did'ent old man. :D :)

ThongMagnet
05-11-2007, 01:05 PM
The homeless Bums are there to pick up all the beer cans, that the ***boat crowd left on the beach.
Next time your in the channel and see the "homeless crowd", thank them with a nice cold round of beer.:D :D :D

djunkie
05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
?????????????
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/slowinhavasu/5-2-2007-098.jpg
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Goad
05-11-2007, 02:30 PM
CityGuy.....sorry to go off topic of the holmess in the channel, but whats being done about the drug problems in Desert Hills?
It seems like the issues in the Desert Hills area has been swept under the rug.
I know its probably a county issue due to jurisdiction, but wondering if the LHC council even cares about it.

Ultracrazy
05-12-2007, 01:49 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Attention w**** comes to mind..........

71tahiti
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
If they are close to shore, Why dont the jet guys "make it Rain" on there parade.... I have watered down a few shore objects.....
Sounds like good sporting fun...... Squirt a BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 pts for a moving target
5 pts for a sitting target
2 pts for a passed out patron
Squirt a Bum coming to lake near you.......:D

Quest4Fun
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I pulled this thread back up again because I heard from some friends that went into the Channel on Saturday. They had 2 boats in their group and the only place to pull in was in front of the homeless guys. After a few minutes, homeless drunk tweaker #1 starts swinging at homeless drunk tweaker #2. Neither guy can land a punch because they are too messed up...can't even get the satisfaction of two homeless guys beating each other up :mad: :mad: So the "so called fight" breaks up and within a few minutes homeless drunk tweaker #3 makes his way down the beach to the water between the two boats. Goes in the water finishes his can of beer and since he doesn't know that empty beer cans aren't aerodynamic; he hurls it through the air and it lands in the Hallett. Words are exchanged and #3 goes back to his place under the tree. I told them they should have called the cops on these guys. :mad: :mad:

Big Warlock
05-21-2007, 09:54 AM
It's Havasu! Minutes from the beautiful homes they were trying to spam last week!!!! Love it!! :D