PDA

View Full Version : 75 Tahiti Update Pics

ironman44bear
05-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Well I finally got the motor fired up in the tahiti and let me tell ya she sounds f in sweet. Still need to do some tweekin to the carb and play with the timing. I picked up the front seats from my interior guy , the rear seat should be done this weekend.Still have to lay some carpet down and order a few more parts ,steering wheel,steering cable and helm, forward/reverse cable, throttle cable ect, ect. here are some pics of the way she sits as of now.
Ironman
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30594&stc=1&d=1178817598
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30595&stc=1&d=1178817598
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30596&stc=1&d=1178817598
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30597&stc=1&d=1178817598
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30598&stc=1&d=1178817598

mdunn01
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
You know I like those colors you chose for the flames and seats, very nice choice. Just stands out and its very nice looking.
Mike

pw_Tony
05-10-2007, 02:20 PM
You must like the Broncos :devil:

76ANTHONY
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
dammmmmmmm that things llokin sweeeeeeet, you know you dont want to be out at pineflat with that badboy, you'll never get it in the water with all the lookylews around it.......nice looking boat iron:D

ironman44bear
05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
You must like the Broncos :devil:
Acctually I dont like the boncos, But alot of peeps think I do . I just like the colors. LoL Good thing i am not a browns fan that would be a fugly color scheme . That is a joke for those that might have a browns colored boat (no pun intended)

ironman44bear
05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
dammmmmmmm that things llokin sweeeeeeet, you know you dont want to be out at pineflat with that badboy, you'll never get it in the water with all the lookylews around it.......nice looking boat iron:D
Yo 76 what up, thanks for the compliments . I hope to have her on the water soon. Did you ever get your alt bracket staightened out. If not I will get a price on laser cutting the one I designed.
Ironman

76ANTHONY
05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Yo 76 what up, thanks for the compliments . I hope to have her on the water soon. Did you ever get your alt bracket staightened out. If not I will get a price on laser cutting the one I designed.
Ironman
bought one for a bbc, works fine:D
oh and pm me your addy again, i am wanting them plates ya made me too....:D

Pink Shocker
05-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Looks really good and clean, I like the accents of blue and orange together. Good job!

HBjet
05-10-2007, 07:23 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30595&stc=1&d=1178817598
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30596&stc=1&d=1178817598
Looks good!
I have to say though, from the looks in these photos it appears that you didn't angle the motor to match the drive line. Those headers should be level unless you have a one off pair. Besides that just from looking at the motor it appears the motor plates were made to keep the motor at the same height. You want the rear of the motor lower to get that drive line more inline. it is an easy fix.
Also, it is hard to tell from the photo, but you should have some loc washers on the bolts that connect the two drive line pieces together.
Oh, and the water inlet line from the pump, what is all of that brass there. I see a valve, and I think a gauge... what else do you got going on there?
I am not trying to piss you off or stir the pot, just pointing out what stood out to me.
Looks good though and good luck
HBjet

ironman44bear
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Looks good!
I have to say though, from the looks in these photos it appears that you didn't angle the motor to match the drive line. Those headers should be level unless you have a one off pair. Besides that just from looking at the motor it appears the motor plates were made to keep the motor at the same height. You want the rear of the motor lower to get that drive line more inline. it is an easy fix.
Also, it is hard to tell from the photo, but you should have some loc washers on the bolts that connect the two drive line pieces together.
Oh, and the water inlet line from the pump, what is all of that brass there. I see a valve, and I think a gauge... what else do you got going on there?
I am not trying to piss you off or stir the pot, just pointing out what stood out to me.
Looks good though and good luck
HBjet
The angle of the motor is exactly 4 deg, which is what the pump angle is set at. The drive line is not even bolted up to the pto flange. Lock washers are not needed when using steel lock nuts. As far as the headers being level they are somewhat level. Water inlet line is as follows ball valve ( to shut water off at the pump), pressure guage( to monitor water feed line pressure to the engine), Garden hose fitting( to run water to the engine while boat is on the trailer) pressure relief valve ( to dump exess line pressure and save my head gaskets). jet boat cooling 101. any other ?'s , comments , or anything else wrong in the pictures.
Thanks for your concerns though
Ironman

76ANTHONY
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
The angle of the motor is exactly 4 deg, which is what the pump angle is set at. The drive line is not even bolted up to the pto flange. Lock washers are not needed when using steel lock nuts. As far as the headers being level they are somewhat level. Water inlet line is as follows ball valve ( to shut water off at the pump), pressure guage( to monitor water feed line pressure to the engine), Garden hose fitting( to run water to the engine while boat is on the trailer) pressure relief valve ( to dump exess line pressure and save my head gaskets). jet boat cooling 101. any other ?'s , comments , or anything else wrong in the pictures.
Ironman
yeah i got one, dam dude are you rich???:D :D

Outlaw
05-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Nice Install ... must be a bronco fan..
the only thing I would do different : I would put the pressure relief on the intake manifold next to the
thermostat outlet, i'm just thinking it it bypassed
your engine would not be without water, it would only
bypass water pressure in the motor.
just my opinion...
Anyway SHARP BOAT

HBjet
05-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Ironman
I just noticed the zip-tie and it not being bolted up would make sense, but you could see where the illusion would make someone think otherwise. Like I said I wasn't trying to start anything, and if there was something I did that someone felt concerned about, I would want to know because it never hurts to have another pair of eyes looking at something your working on.
As for anything else wrong with the photos... so far just one thing. Its not on the water :)
HBjet

ironman44bear
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Nice Install ... must be a bronco fan..
the only thing I would do different : I would put the pressure relief on the intake manifold next to the
thermostat outlet, i'm just thinking it it bypassed
your engine would not be without water, it would only
bypass water pressure in the motor.
just my opinion...
Anyway SHARP BOAT
That's a great idea, I think I might move it to that location. I will more than likely run it the way it is this season and see how it works.
Ironman

ironman44bear
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I just noticed the zip-tie and it not being bolted up would make sense, but you could see where the illusion would make someone think otherwise. Like I said I wasn't trying to start anything, and if there was something I did that someone felt concerned about, I would want to know because it never hurts to have another pair of eyes looking at something your working on.
As for anything else wrong with the photos... so far just one thing. Its not on the water :)
HBjet
Thanks,good lookin' out though. As far as being on the water THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!!!!!:D
Ironman