PDA

View Full Version : I-pod Q??????????

MAINEVENT
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
OK i downloaded all my songs from my I-pod to my computer manually now the sonegs pluy through i-tunes but now they will not upload to my ipod i have all the songs on my i-pod but they wont play?????? :cry:
Any suggestions????? :confused:

BajaMike
02-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Are you using it with more then one computer??
I think you can have multiple i-pods on one computer, but you can't use one i-pod on multiple computers... :idea:
:boxed: :rollside:

MAINEVENT
02-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Just one i-pod on one coputer although i had another computer before this one and now i switched it to my new computer... like i said i have all the songs on i-tunes but it wont play on my i-pod...

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
You CAN have one iPod on multiple computers. I have mine hooked up at home and at work.
When yo attach your iPod to the cable, does it appear in the iTunes?

BajaMike
02-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Open I-tunes, click, "File", "Update I-pod"....that might fix it.
Otherwise, there a way format the I-pod, then re-sync it...I'm not sure where it is....

MAINEVENT
02-09-2006, 02:02 PM
You CAN have one iPod on multiple computers. I have mine hooked up at home and at work.
When yo attach your iPod to the cable, does it appear in the iTunes?
Yes it does...
Baja Mike I tried that already

Cole Trickle
02-09-2006, 02:09 PM
8-Track Biatch!!!
Get with the times!!! :crossx: :220v:

OutCole'd
02-09-2006, 02:15 PM
now they will not upload to my ipod i have all the songs on my i-pod but they wont play
I'm not sure I understand this. Are they on the IPOD or not?

Jyruiz
02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
In Itunes, do you have it to sync only certain playlist? Go to edit, prefrences, ipod (has to be connected) and see what you have checked in there.

boatsnblondes
02-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Make sure you check mark the box next to each song to tell itunes which songs you want.....then it will update for you...if that don't work, try calling an apple store..there is one in Victoria gardens, in Rancho CucaIcan't spell it, or, try the one in Fashion Island in Newport Beach.....best of luck....

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-09-2006, 02:42 PM
you need to create another playlist and drag the itunes contents into it. then drag that playlist into the ipod. At some point you named your ipod (say, mainevents ipod). just drag the new playlist into that.
to know where my files reside, i created a "work tunes" and a "home tunes" playlist for each of the respective computers that i am using. it is easier to clean the files up that way.

my21advantage
02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Open I-tunes, click, "File", "Update I-pod"....that might fix it.
Otherwise, there a way format the I-pod, then re-sync it...I'm not sure where it is....
I would just re-format the ipod.....if all you songs are still on your computer.
It will erase everything, but it should correct the problem. I had to do the same thing

ssmike
02-09-2006, 04:16 PM
The answer is:
Nobody knows what the hell the problem is.
Apple can sure make a cool product (Ipod) but their GUI is a joke.
The stupid Ipod has a mind of its own and does what it wants.....LOL.
Apple took user-friendly to the extreme.....Its so easy that it is automated....the end result is that the user has very little input on what songs THE IPOD DECIDES to put on/take off itself.

h2oski2fast
02-09-2006, 04:34 PM
The answer is:
Nobody knows what the hell the problem is.
Apple can sure make a cool product (Ipod) but their GUI is a joke.
The stupid Ipod has a mind of its own and does what it wants.....LOL.
Apple took user-friendly to the extreme.....Its so easy that it is automated....the end result is that the user has very little input on what songs THE IPOD DECIDES to put on/take off itself.
OK, I guess you need to use the 20% rule.
You must be 20% smarter then the Ipod. :) :) :)

ssmike
02-09-2006, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=h2oski2fast]OK, I guess you need to use the 20% rule.
QUOTE]
Close, but, for Apple products, the 20% rule is:
You must know less than 20% of basic computing functions to operate an Apple.