PDA

View Full Version : Swan Pools - Experience?

*BN*
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a very large dollar pool job.
Anybody have any experience good or bad regarding this company?

Trailer Park Casanova
05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
try www.ocpools.net ........... talk to mike (the owner) he has a sponsorship with our desert assassins off-road team .. great guy and builds nice quality high end pools ......... :)
Ditto, the guy to go with.

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Just so I can get this straight... What's a high dollar pool job?
I deal with pool companies all day long but we're talking like...
www.pacificcustompools.com
HIGH DOLLAR...

Tequila-John
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
www.pacificcustompools.com
HIGH DOLLAR...
NICE PLAYER!

bigq
05-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Had a Swan pool built when I was a kid in the 80's. Still there last I heard:D

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 06:00 PM
NICE PLAYER!
Remember...
Just because your busy doesn't mean your making money.
And I'm real busy...

*BN*
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
HIGH DOLLAR...
If you deal with pool companies all day, then I would have thought just MAYBE you could have responded to the question rather than troll?

YeLLowBoaT
05-10-2007, 07:24 PM
The Ca contractor board has a online data base with list of all contractors... Swan pools is broken up into several contractors... might want to do some looking as to which one your dealing with. See if they have any current claims.

*BN*
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
The Ca contractor board has a online data base with list of all contractors... Swan pools is broken up into several contractors... might want to do some looking as to which one your dealing with. See if they have any current claims.
Yellow,
What do you mean by, "they are broken up into several contractors?"
The license number on the contract (that I have not signed yet) is "440333"
When I search the contractors board I get the following:
Extract Date: 05/10/2007
* * * Business Information * * *
C F PROMOTIONS INCORPORATED
dba SWAN POOLS OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
24512 BRIDGER ROAD
LAKE FOREST, CA 92630
Business Phone Number: (949) 859-8466
Entity: Corporation
Issue Date: 05/19/1983 Expire Date: 03/31/2008
* * * License Status * * *
This license is current and active. All information below should be reviewed.
* * * Classifications * * *
Class Description
C27 LANDSCAPING
C53 SWIMMING POOL
* * * Bonding Information * * *
CONTRACTOR'S BOND: This license files Contractor's Cash Deposit T1549L7 in the amount of $12,500 on file with CSLB.
Effective Date: 01/01/2007
Contractor's Bonding History
BOND OF QUALIFYING INDIVIDUAL(1): The Responsible Managing Officer (RMO) GEORGE CECIL FRASER certified that he/she owns 10 percent or more of the voting stock/equity of the corporation. A bond of qualifying individual is not required.
Effective Date: 06/04/1983
* * * Workers Compensation Information * * *
This license has workers compensation insurance with the
MAJESTIC INSURANCE COMPANY
Policy Number: C20070380201 Effective Date: 04/01/2007 Expire Date: 04/01/2008
Workers Compensation History
Personnel listed on this license (current or disassociated) are listed on other licenses.

YeLLowBoaT
05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
when you look it up by name you get several swan pools...I ment for you to get the one your using... its not uncommon for this to happen.

ROZ
05-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Franchise, maybe...
BTW, anyone hear that Blue Haven had the C53 suspended?
It's clear to me that pacific pools prefers to do commercial work. They don't even have a residential pool on their site...

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
If you deal with pool companies all day, then I would have thought just MAYBE you could have responded to the question rather than troll?
Ok, fine we do commercial work...
But you said high dollar.
Kinda like saying bomb on a plane...

badluck
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Swan is like a franchise.They built me a pool about a year ago.They suck in nor cal.I was a full time babysitter.You get what you pay 4.They also negotiate alot.Act like ya don't really want it,price is still a little high.They r just a sales team.They sub 100% of the work.

ROZ
05-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok, fine we do commercial work...
But you said high dollar.
Kinda like saying bomb on a plane...
Kidding, right? I don't know of too many million gallon residential pools :D I do know of a few 100k gallon pools, though :D

Dean10
05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure about all the franchise and broken up into different companies etc. but I can say that when I used them it was one of the most miserable experiences I ever had. I swore that I would do what ever I could to keep them from getting any more business. This is one of those opportunities, don't use them! They lie, they are totally contracted out, once they dig the hole you can't get them back to finish up, your salesperson mysteriously disappears for weeks at a time. TOTAL B.S. If it wasn't for my wife and a good friend of mine I would burned down there establishment with every a-hole in it. But thats just my opinion.

riverracerx
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I should put a pool in. :idea:

6 Dollar Boat
05-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I used the Swan Pools franchise in the Riverside area several years ago....THEY SUCKED....lied to me worse than my ex wife...

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Kidding, right? I don't know of too many million gallon residential pools :D I do know of a few 100k gallon pools, though :D
Don't most stereo gods have million gallon pools?
If not they sure act like they do...

badluck
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
dead on Dean10.My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

HPBoats83
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I am currently having my pool fixed right now by www.proscapepools.com and so far they have done everything they have said and been on time and what not. As of right now I'm happy with them and it looks like they are going to have my pool fixed in no time. I have also seen some of the pools that they have done before they started mine and was pretty impressed. If interested send me a private message for the owners cell phone.
P.S. They had nothing to do with the pool failing 3 years ago, it was a different contractor and whole other story.

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok, fine just don't use Billy Bedrock out of Elsinore...

ROZ
05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Don't most stereo gods have million gallon pools?
If not they sure act like they do...
I know no stereo gods... I've been in the pool industry for more than 13 years :)

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I know no stereo gods... I've been in the pool industry for more than 13 years :)
Well pardon me, pass the grey poupon...
I thought you were a stereo god, tweeter swinger.

lewiville
05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
before you do
www.keyaccess.com go there because you will find only the best

ROZ
05-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Well pardon me, pass the grey poupon...
I thought you were a stereo god, tweeter swinger.
Did both for years, and had to give one up.
So are you a pool builder?

*BN*
05-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I should put a pool in. :idea:
We would like to use your pool as the MODEL!

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Did both for years, and had to give one up.
So are you a pool builder?
No not a pool builder persay, just help out along the way when it gets technical...

mobldj
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
if i had to do it all over i wouldnt have a pool,key things are dont give more money up front ,it should be the largest installment at the end,my asshole dug the hole,put in the rebar then got arrested for child molestation and i was out 18,000.became my own sub and pieced it out to finish it,yes i did go online and check them out,catch there was my pool guy was paying the guy with the license money to use his number,he is now bankrupt,be very very careful and good luck

Lavey29
05-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I used Masterpiece pools in Yorba Linda,,,very happy with the work...They completed it in 2 months on schedule...

ROZ
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
just help out along the way when it gets technical...
Service, repair, warranty work, or maybe PEP, SCP, or SPPI ?

HPBoats83
05-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I used Masterpiece pools in Yorba Linda,,,very happy with the work...They completed it in 2 months on schedule...
I also got a quote from John Swann (Masterpiece Pools) and he was about 40% more money comparing apples to apples. However, he did my brothers pool and it came out killer, so the quality of work is good.

mobldj
05-10-2007, 09:51 PM
also,get the salt water system,been trouble free for 3 years now,never add chlorine,no smell and salt content is so low you cant taste it .

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Service, repair, warranty work, or maybe PEP, SCP, or SPPI ?
220, 221 whatever it takes...
We do specialty pool features.

ROZ
05-10-2007, 10:26 PM
We do specialty pool features.
What feature is your specialty? Built in slides? Waterslide coatings? Rock panels or hand constructed faux rock? Real or faux rock waterfalls? Extravagent fountains?

Lavey29
05-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I also got a quote from John Swann (Masterpiece Pools) and he was about 40% more money comparing apples to apples. However, he did my brothers pool and it came out killer, so the quality of work is good.
You are right, they are not the cheap guys on the block but the quality is worth the price...They seem to relate the price quotes for work to the value of the homes in the neighborhood. High dollar houses typically get higher pool quotes. They came out a few years after my pool was done and quoted some of my neighbors. The property values had gone up considerably and so did the pool estimates proportionally.

Seasday
05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Cecil (Swan OC) is a good guy and sells a great product. However, would not be my choice. Mike (OC Pools) is a great guy and a great product as well...would be a choice of mine.
I will give you a call in the morning......don't have your number on me. Or, shoot me a PM if you get on and I will call you tonight. Again, sorry I have not called back.

*BN*
05-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I met with Mike at OC Pools Yesterday.
This guy sounds like a great choice.
There is just something about river / off road / race guys that make me feel comfortable.
This was the case in the choice of our large house remodel two years ago and now sounds like it might work out with Mike. WE ARE PULLING for him now.

Riomouse911
05-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I had Swan from Rancho (John, I believe) do my pool 3 years ago, and it turned out great. I could find no one who would build a negative edge salt system pool in Norco but Swan and one other outfit. Swan was 25k less than the other bid (Still ran 52k total) and it was done exactly as I wanted. It took a while to get Ok'ed by the City, as Norco is a nightmare for contractors. (That's why no one wants to work here, all the others said "No thanks" when I said Norco) In fact it turned out so good the tile company took pics and used it in their 2005-2006 brochures.
Look at all the other guys' work and see what'll work for you. Good luck with the search!