PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin River Days?

scottys
06-01-2003, 05:40 AM
Any info?
Was there yesterday.has a good turn out of boats and spectatures.Saw a great race between a blown jet and 62 stevens in nostalgia class for second place.Flat had edge till he went down in corner.#118 I think. jet was from Havasu.Would post pics if I can e-mail to someone who knows how to post

DUCKY
06-01-2003, 11:23 AM
I was there too. The jet was either Roger Finney (orange v-bottom Sleekcraft) or his stable mate with the yellow 20SST Sleekcraft. And the flat was an early 16' Rayson-Craft, that Rudy himself used to drive in the Salton Sea enduro. I was hanging out with the guys from GN7, next to Finney. The SS boats sure put on a hell of a race, eh?
[ June 01, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: DUCKY ]

LeE ss13
06-01-2003, 04:50 PM
DUCKY:
The SS boats sure put on a hell of a race, eh? aahhhh ... could we be a little more specific ???? Who won? Who flipped? Who hit who ???

GofastRacer
06-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey Larry what happened?, I thought you were going!. eek!

uclahater
06-01-2003, 07:57 PM
DUCKY:
I was there too. The jet was either Roger Finney (orange v-bottom Sleekcraft) or his stable mate with the yellow 20SST Sleekcraft. And the flat was an early 16' Rayson-Craft, that Rudy himself used to drive in the Salton Sea enduro. I was hanging out with the guys from GN7, next to Finney. The SS boats sure put on a hell of a race, eh? The boat that flipped was GN 18 Drivers name was Derrel Jauss. The jet boats werent supposed to run with them but dip shit Ross put them in at the last second. They were told that they had to stay on the outside but the orange jet boat doesnt understand english and cut in on the inside. Derrel hit his Roller and over he went. The sheriffs were towing the boat around waiting for the truck to hit the launch ramp and got a call for a jet ski accident they unhooked the boat and let it sink right in front of the colorado bell. The boat got tore up by the bottom ripped out the back of the boat and split it down both sides of the top.
Jet Boats Suck

BILLY.B
06-02-2003, 05:25 AM
What a drag about the GN boat burningm . If it were my boat I'd probably be in jail for something really ugly by now. I think that when a driver lets his stupidity over ride his brain, he should be responsible for the other persons equipment. After all, thats what happens in a car accident, or at least you hope it does. It's not that Jet Boats suck, just some of the people that drive do eek! .

LeE ss13
06-02-2003, 09:34 AM
GofastRacer:
Hey Larry what happened?, I thought you were going!. eek! Morgan still has my cylinder heads .... General Rule #42. Never leave aluminum heads on an engine that uses studs for more than a year that races at Long Beach or Firebird. They may never come off.

126driver
06-02-2003, 12:35 PM
LeE ss13:
GofastRacer:
Hey Larry what happened?, I thought you were going!. eek! Morgan still has my cylinder heads .... General Rule #42. Never leave aluminum heads on an engine that uses studs for more than a year that races at Long Beach or Firebird. They may never come off. Or they'll come off looking like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/95Head_3-med.jpg
We found out this cheerful news while running the valves in preparation for a test session last Thursday. Clean water was puking from the spark plug hole. And we flush the engine clean at the end of each day. Machine shop says five bills easy. We get them back tomorrow.
I feel your pain Larry...

uclahater
06-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Scott missed you at laughlin :D Super Stocks put on a great show :cool: :cool: . 13 boats were there and it should have been 15 if you and les could have made it. :mad: :mad:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Im startin to think that SS-126 and SS-13 may be bowling partners!!! :D

126driver
06-02-2003, 01:21 PM
That's some funny shit there, cubby. :p sleeping smile_sp

uclahater
06-02-2003, 01:32 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Im startin to think that SS-126 and SS-13 may be bowling partners!!! :D LMAO :D :D

GofastRacer
06-02-2003, 06:23 PM
LeE ss13:
GofastRacer:
Hey Larry what happened?, I thought you were going!. eek! Morgan still has my cylinder heads .... General Rule #42. Never leave aluminum heads on an engine that uses studs for more than a year that races at Long Beach or Firebird. They may never come off. LOL, I could have told ya that!. :D Studs, bolts, don't matter, I used my first boat in salt water, ruined everything, even the trailer!.. :mad: :D

GN Nostalgia Racer
06-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Laughlin River days race. From the Nostalgia Racer. Yes, we did have a race, Yes we had to combine the classes, why you ask, Well, when the entry fee is free, the rooms are free, I had ? 8 committed flat bottom guys who swore up and down they would be there.(4)four showed. I was promised 6 v-bottom boats.my gn and two jets showed up. Prior to combining the classes, as a
group, all the drivers were present and we discussed the fact that either we combined the class, or we could not run. We all agreed to race together, we were there to race. Unfortunately, for those that said they would be there and did not show................there were a few great sportsmen, racers, real men and women who had the guts to come through. Those are real racers, the rest are ........................this nostalgia class was for everyone who wanted to race, not bench/trailer racers but people who really are competitors. Are there any real racers out there? very few. anyone can flap their jaws, only a select few answer the call. The next race is scheduled for the 9th. of August. How many real racers will answer the call and commit or is this class in So.Cal. fading away?

A.SNEED
06-02-2003, 07:07 PM
hey why didnt you guys race on sunday?

uclahater
06-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey sneed what were the fianal results from the weekend in superstock?

A.SNEED
06-02-2003, 07:12 PM
1,ty 2,dave b ,3 larry h

WILDERTHANU54
06-02-2003, 07:28 PM
uclahater:
[b] The sheriffs were towing the boat around waiting for the truck to hit the launch ramp and got a call for a jet ski accident they unhooked the boat and let it sink right in front of the colorado bell. The boat got tore up by the bottom ripped out the back of the boat and split it down both sides of the top. THAT MAKES ME SICK.........I WOULD OF RATHER THEM LEFT IT ALONE.

GofastRacer
06-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Don't understand this, didn't they have their own chase boat!... eek! :confused: :confused:

Stab-n-Steer
06-02-2003, 08:53 PM
uclahater:
DUCKY:
I was there too. The jet was either Roger Finney (orange v-bottom Sleekcraft) or his stable mate with the yellow 20SST Sleekcraft. And the flat was an early 16' Rayson-Craft, that Rudy himself used to drive in the Salton Sea enduro. I was hanging out with the guys from GN7, next to Finney. The SS boats sure put on a hell of a race, eh? The boat that flipped was GN 18 Drivers name was Derrel Jauss. The jet boats werent supposed to run with them but dip shit Ross put them in at the last second. They were told that they had to stay on the outside but the orange jet boat doesnt understand english and cut in on the inside. Derrel hit his Roller and over he went. The sheriffs were towing the boat around waiting for the truck to hit the launch ramp and got a call for a jet ski accident they unhooked the boat and let it sink right in front of the colorado bell. The boat got tore up by the bottom ripped out the back of the boat and split it down both sides of the top.
Jet Boats Suck Let's be fair guys... The GN Driver was safely in the rescue boat when they got the call. The sheriffs had no choice in the matter. They had someone in the water in distress. They had to cut the boat loose to respond. Absolutely a bummer for the GN boat but when a human life is at stake, what can you do?
As far as the weekend goes, it was a pretty good show, considering the temperature... It was 117 on Sunday! The Crackerboxes took a lot of crap for flipping 5 boats on Sunday. In their defense, the sheriffs had extra water released from Davis Damn so the level would be high enough for their patrol boats. This resulted in a 17 MPH current! Now remember, the Crackers are only 15' long with dead hard chines running close to 100 MPH turning into a 17 MPH current. Is it a wonder why some tipped over?
The SS's were awesome as always but the most competitive and exciting races were the Crackers. What is it with the Supers? When a boat gets ahead he just continues to yard everyone... Remember guys, it's racing but it's also a show. For the sport, let's make it both...
The rescue crew got quite a workout this weekend. As a competitor, I would like to thank them for their amazing performance. If I went in the water, I would want this group to pull me out. Five Crackers (10 people) went in the water and they barely got wet before they were on shore with the best medical attention. The best part was that there where no injuries...
BTW, the event was filmed for FOX Sports Network and will be aired June 30th…
Looking forward to next year but hopefully a little cooler…
S&S

uclahater
06-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Stab-n-Steer:
uclahater:
DUCKY:
Jet Boats Suck Let's be fair guys... The GN Driver was safely in the rescue boat when they got the call. The sheriffs had no choice in the matter. They had someone in the water in distress. They had to cut the boat loose to respond. Absolutely a bummer for the GN boat but when a human life is at stake, what can you do?
As far as the weekend goes, it was a pretty good show, considering the temperature... It was 117 on Sunday! The Crackerboxes took a lot of crap for flipping 5 boats on Sunday. In their defense, the sheriffs had extra water released from Davis Damn so the level would be high enough for their patrol boats. This resulted in a 17 MPH current! Now remember, the Crackers are only 15' long with dead hard chines running close to 100 MPH turning into a 17 MPH current. Is it a wonder why some tipped over?
The SS's were awesome as always but the most competitive and exciting races were the Crackers. What is it with the Supers? When a boat gets ahead he just continues to yard everyone... Remember guys, it's racing but it's also a show. For the sport, let's make it both...
The rescue crew got quite a workout this weekend. As a competitor, I would like to thank them for their amazing performance. If I went in the water, I would want this group to pull me out. Five Crackers (10 people) went in the water and they barely got wet before they were on shore with the best medical attention. The best part was that there where no injuries...
S&S Stab no complaints about the rescue those guys were awesome :) . That really sucks that 5 crackers went over we left right after the first one. We were told 2 different launch ramps to go to after Derrel flipped. I think if we would have gone to the right one right away we could have saved the boat. Was everyone O.K. from all the crackers that flipped?

uclahater
06-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Stab-n-Steer:
uclahater:
DUCKY:
S&S Stab no complaints about the rescue those guys were awesome :) . That really sucks that 5 crackers went over we left right after the first one. We were told 2 different launch ramps to go to after Derrel flipped. I think if we would have gone to the right one right away we could have saved the boat. Was everyone O.K. from all the crackers that flipped?

uclahater
06-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Stab-n-Steer:
uclahater:
DUCKY:

Stab-n-Steer
06-03-2003, 03:36 AM
There was some confusion on the ramps. They told us in the drivers meeting they may use the down river ramp for recovery. However, all the crackers that flipped were towed to the main ramp. None of the cracker guys were seriously hurt, one was transported to the hospital for observation but was soon released. Some bumps and bruises but that was about it...
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
06-03-2003, 06:55 AM
LeE ss13:
GofastRacer:
Hey Larry what happened?, I thought you were going!. eek! Morgan still has my cylinder heads .... General Rule #42. Never leave aluminum heads on an engine that uses studs for more than a year that races at Long Beach or Firebird. They may never come off. Larry,
I was hoping to meet you in person. Courtney was disappointed that you didn't make it. Amy and Courtney hurt the motor on Saturday so they had to spectate the rest of the weekend. However, Amy did ride with her dad in the final which they won. I offered Courtney her old seat back in the 99P but she wouldn't hear of it.
You going to Burley?
S&S

uclahater
06-03-2003, 02:31 PM
uclahater:
DUCKY:
Jet Boats Suck I Just got both sides of the story from Ross and I guess the Gn Racers agreed to run with the jets since not enough of the flattys or v-bottoms showed up for a class burningm My appologies to Ross for calling him a dip shit. I had a great coversation with him and its great to see someone with the passion and concern for the drivers that he has. As for the Gns that committed to Jim Best and didnt show that wasnt cool at all. Hes put alot of time trying to create something for the everyday guy. What happened to people keeping good on there word. frown

Stab-n-Steer
06-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Ross did a great job and put on a great show. He is in a no-win situation because you will never make everyone happy. I shook his hand after the event and thanked him for his hard work and I meant it. We need folks like him willing to take the heat and still do what's right... It was a great event.
S&S

lady racer
06-03-2003, 09:18 PM
hey guys, what was everyone watching a diffrent race than me. the jet boat was clearly racing on the outside making it a good race for the gn boat, the gn boat tried to turn the pin hard and spun himself out in turn two (bridge) putting him more than a half of straight away from the jet boat. got to turn one tried to turn to hard on pin and rolled himself (do you think maybe the 17mph current had some play here?) lets get real racers five other v-drives went over in that turn and there was no jet boat in those races. we all had a great time at the races, it is really a shame when any boat goes over, but that is the chance we all take when we go racing. :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-04-2003, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lady racer:
lets get real racers five other v-drives went over in that turn and there was no jet boat in those races. we all had a great time at the races.
I hope I dont sound like a know-it-all here but..just for the record- 1 v-drive went over(the incident you guys are referring to) the other 4 were direct drive crackerboxes!! Just trying to get real!! :)

lady racer
06-04-2003, 05:58 PM
sorry for the mistake but the bottom line is still the same. that was just racing and nothing more. :) :) :)

uclahater
06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
lady racer:
hey guys, what was everyone watching a diffrent race than me. the jet boat was clearly racing on the outside making it a good race for the gn boat, the gn boat tried to turn the pin hard and spun himself out in turn two (bridge) putting him more than a half of straight away from the jet boat. got to turn one tried to turn to hard on pin and rolled himself (do you think maybe the 17mph current had some play here?) lets get real racers five other v-drives went over in that turn and there was no jet boat in those races. we all had a great time at the races, it is really a shame when any boat goes over, but that is the chance we all take when we go racing. :) I should probably just keep my mouth shut seeing as its been getting me in so much hot water lately but why change now. The turn where derrel spun out was because the jet boat pushed him in he definately wasnt on the outside in lane 6 where he was supposed to be :(. Derrel had pulled within about 5 boat lanks before the second turn and the jet boat guy was in lane 2 not lane 6 :( . So yes you were obviously watching a different race. I dont know who the driver of the orange jet is but I know hes a good guy and has been racing along time were not talking about a rookie here. Bottom line Jets and V-bottoms should race in there own class and the Flattys should run in theres. If people wouldnt have flaked out on Jim Best they would have had 2 individual classes, but like Jim said theres alot of people who are obviously all talk out there. Just my 2 cents