PDA

View Full Version : Old Rigger, Thanks

riverdog
06-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Old rigger thanks for the advice a few weeks back on puting down a wood floor in my flat project. I found some real nice birch and it came out great.
[This message has been edited by riverdog (edited June 24, 2002).]

old rigger
06-24-2002, 06:47 AM
riverdog,
had me worried for a moment. Saw the frowning little face on your post and thought maybe it didn't work out for you. Glad you got it done. Was the birch a plywood or the parquet stuff?
Post some pics so we can all check it out.

challengerjet
06-24-2002, 08:57 AM
Hey OR, how's your project coming along?? How's everything else?
cjet.

06-24-2002, 09:12 AM
Jet guys on the v-drive board??....Whats this world coming to?

riverdog
06-24-2002, 09:47 AM
Went with 1/8 inch plywood. I will see if the wife can bring home a camera from work. Sorry about the sad face i forget to change it.

old rigger
06-24-2002, 01:48 PM
oops..double clicked...
[This message has been edited by old rigger (edited June 24, 2002).]

old rigger
06-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by challengerjet:
Hey OR, how's your project coming along?? How's everything else?
cjet.
cjet,
if you're talking about the 21, it's been put on the back burner for a while. If you're talking about the wood deck flattie, it's comming along ok. Have the new (used)tanks ready to go in after moving the fills and adding a vent. The little stuff I'm doing to the engine is about done and should be wrapped up this weekend. Still haven't tackled the 2 problems with the wood gunnels but their pretty small deals. The trailer has been a pain in the ass, but it's comming along, slowly.
As far as 'everything else', have absolutely no complaints. Kids are all healthy and starting to enjoy their summer, wife is doing fine and I'm lucky enough to have this old flattie to **** with.
Hows you're little one, and did you get that fin in yet?

challengerjet
06-24-2002, 02:51 PM
OR,
I was talking about the flatty, glad it's coming along well. Hope it gets done this season, me and the family would love to hook up with you and yours. If you need some help don't hesitate to call, I'm pretty green to all this stuff but I could be there for moral support, and learn a little while i'm at it.
Still haven't installed that fin, I feel guilty that I haven't done it after you went out of the way to help me out. I just don't want to cut the floor out. What's the saying? "if it ain't broke don't fix it" that's how i feel about it right now. It is on my list though. I took the boat over to MPD and had Jack look at the pump, that's my next project it needs some serious attention. He was really helpful and made me feel even more confident that I didn't get a lemon.
The little one is very good, more of a handful everyday. I think he's going to be a gearhead for sure, he can't get enough of the boat and motorcycle and i just laugh my ass off about all the time.
Glad to hear all is well, and seriously, if i can help at all give me a call. 714-342-2009 is my cell number.
Jamie