PDA

View Full Version : Just bought, Anyone near Redding?

zudnic
05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
To be honest, was not really into jets. Long story short; I'm moving my business to Redding, CA and needed a boat. So ended up buying this:
Boat is a 18Ft Marlin. Engine is a GM350+. Engine was built last year and runs strong. Seats 4-6. Has all new gauges. Just serviced and ready to go. Jet is a Burkley and was Rebuilt before last season. Trailer was painted and new tires last year. New twin batteries. Set up to pull ski's or tube. Includes everything to pass CG rules. No neg issues with this boat.
I currently live in Central Washington, so played a bit today on the Columbia River near my house. It was a blast... 64mph GPS though is a little slow...Need more speed... :devil:
Was planning on heading out for Redding this Sunday, look at some commercial real estate and go boating. but think I'll stay here and boat the Columbia this weekend. Head over to Redding mid-week and do some boating there after business. So anyone wanna play with me next weekend? :D

zudnic
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Here a pic of what I bought.....

twowheeledfish
05-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm in Chico... about 1 hr 15 minutes south of you on 99.

thatguy
05-11-2007, 04:48 AM
I'll be home around Thur. - Fri. next week. Live in Anderson. 10 minutes from Redding. Where are you going to stay? I have plenty of boat parking and shop. Plan on hitting the lake all weekend w/ my V-Drive. My jet is still a couple weeks away. PM Me.
Tommy:)

Cas
05-11-2007, 05:51 AM
good looking boat, looks real clean. In the picture, it appears the boat is sitting on the trailer past the bunks. It could just be the angle of the picture but if it is hanging over, you should really get it more forward so the bunks are past the transom.
There will be a bunch of us jetters at Shasta at the end of June, you ought to give it a try to come on out.

slotracer
05-11-2007, 06:05 AM
cas look a little more towards the front looks like the winch is right there. looks like the trailer is to small for the boat.

El Prosecutor
05-11-2007, 06:10 AM
I have plenty of boat parking and shop. Plan on hitting the lake all weekend w/ my V-Drive. . . . Tommy:)
Maybe I'm cynical, but something about this reminds me of when your a kid and your friend's older brother invites you to go out in the back yard and "play boxing". :boxingguy

Devilman
05-11-2007, 06:36 AM
cas look a little more towards the front looks like the winch is right there. looks like the trailer is to small for the boat.
Kinda looks that way to me too..... Even if the boat were up against that roller, looks like it may still overhang the bunks. At least from the angle of the pic anyway.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30713&d=1178865655
Looks to be a nice boat though, clean..... :cool:

Cas
05-11-2007, 07:04 AM
naw, it looks like a Road Runner trailer where someone added the winch/roller and just mounted it too far back. Whatever the reason and if it's really the case, it would be a good idea to remedy it :)

thatguy
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Looks like something is wrong for sure. Single axle at mid-boat. IMHO the boat is WAY back or trailer is WAY small. Boat could almost do a "wheelie" over a bump.
Tommy
PS- My intentions are honorable!:D I promise not to beat anybody up! ;) ;)

zudnic
05-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm in Chico... about 1 hr 15 minutes south of you on 99.
I'm not in Redding yet! Was going to go this weekend but with buying the new toy I'll stay in Washington this weekend. Thought Chico was a little closer?
Pic was from ad as well as quoted description. In person sits on the trailor a bit better. Headed for my bank and picking her up at 10am. Not going straight home, directly to Columbia River. Will take lots of pics. :D
Tonight will be lots of reading needs more power, need at least 70mph. ;)

Cas
05-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Headed for my bank and picking her up at 10am.
better get a lot more money :D

IMPATIENT 1
05-11-2007, 08:37 AM
cas, he doesn't even know does he?:D :D :D :D

thatguy
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Yeah, Might as well just get a line of credit for 2 or 3 times the price. Especialy to go faster already. :D
But don't say anything! Nobody warned Me! :) :)
Tommy

Devilman
05-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Or chunk the GPS into the lake...... :rollside: :D

Cas
05-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Or chunk the GPS into the lake...... :rollside: :D
or just boat near a dam. I was up near the dam at Berryessa and my gps said I was doing 1240 mph at 200' below sea level....I just figured I had the fastest submarine in the world :D
naturally aspirated no less

jetovatorjeff
05-11-2007, 09:21 AM
anybody ever go to Lake Almanor to do some jet boating. i used to go up there every summer as a kid. I was wondering how the lake was doing? i was thinking of taking a vacation up that way sometime and towing up.

thatguy
05-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Too damned cold at Almanor. IMHO.
Tommy

twowheeledfish
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm not in Redding yet! Was going to go this weekend but with buying the new toy I'll stay in Washington this weekend. Thought Chico was a little closer?
Pic was from ad as well as quoted description. In person sits on the trailor a bit better. Headed for my bank and picking her up at 10am. Not going straight home, directly to Columbia River. Will take lots of pics. :D
Unfortunately, we're not that close. I hit the local rivers/lakes here and make occasional trips north to Shasta and the Sac River. You're welcome anytime here... just pm me.

abraman1326
05-11-2007, 11:33 PM
If you feel up to it, there will be a big group of hot boaters at Berryessa next weekend camping. It's about 2-2.5 hours from Redding, but will be well worth the trip. Check out the Berryessa thread in Hot Spots West...
BRA

zudnic
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
My car(s) are on Ebay and I'm regretting putting the cats and mufflers back on one of them...Money better spent on gaining speed!!!! :D
If you feel up to it, there will be a big group of hot boaters at Berryessa next weekend camping. It's about 2-2.5 hours from Redding, but will be well worth the trip. Check out the Berryessa thread in Hot Spots West...
BRA
2-2.5 hours is not that long for me. Drive Seattle to LA, 8 or 9 times per year for trade shows and in store product demo's. Kind of funny that my toy's would drive my Vegan enviro wacko Whole Foods shopping customers nuts!!!!! :D
Anyone need wants a small 928 collection I'm open to offers? :D

fatboy95
05-12-2007, 09:21 AM
To be honest, was not really into jets. Long story short; I'm moving my business to Redding, CA and needed a boat. So ended up buying this:
I currently live in Central Washington, so played a bit today on the Columbia River near my house. It was a blast... 64mph GPS though is a little slow...Need more speed... :devil:
Was planning on heading out for Redding this Sunday, look at some commercial real estate and go boating. but think I'll stay here and boat the Columbia this weekend. Head over to Redding mid-week and do some boating there after business. So anyone wanna play with me next weekend? :D
I live in Redding and it's a great place, so is Chico(fried my liver down there going to school).
If you need a real estate guy call John L. at GMAC 530-224-6741. He will check out properties for you so you won't be wasting a lot of time driving around. Good luck to you.....

zudnic
05-12-2007, 09:29 AM
If you need a real estate guy call John L. at GMAC 530-224-6741. He will check out properties for you so you won't be wasting a lot of time driving around. Good luck to you.....
Will be needing a house, thinking of just renting though. Commercial space going through Shasta county....
http://www.shastaedc.org/
Make fresh organic fruit based drinks and know smoothies. Since no name on the boat. Thinking: Lovitt Juiced

OUTLAW HALLETT
05-12-2007, 01:10 PM
id love to see more jets on shasta but im down for a couple of weeks but keep in touch ill see you out there

thatguy
05-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey Guys,
I'll be home mid-week. Might have the Miller going by the weekend, but will have the V-Drive out around Thursday. Where do you guys launch from? I always go to pitt arm. Any one else going out during the week?
Tommy
PS- I got 4 acres in Anderson going up in 8-12 months. 2300 sq. ft. ranch, 40,000 gallon pool, orchard, shop, 2nd garage etc. Around 650K depending on market then.

zudnic
05-13-2007, 10:26 AM
PS- I got 4 acres in Anderson going up in 8-12 months. 2300 sq. ft. ranch, 40,000 gallon pool, orchard, shop, 2nd garage etc. Around 650K depending on market then.
What kind of Orchard?
Was going to head to Redding tonight after some fun on my local River. Batteries are not holding charge on my Excursion. So I'll be leaving latter this week.
At least I have a Ford Ranger so still have a tow, so can at least play!
Basic detail last night, more minor cut polish with porter cable and think she will look almost new. Need engine hoist, previous owner was not into having a clean engine. Very minor surface rust spots and normal engine grime, want it as clean as she run's.

thatguy
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
It's about 1/3 acre orchard w/ 2 Granny Smiths, Another apple of some kind, 1 pear apple, 2 persimmon, couple of olive trees. Got even more fruit trees scattered around the yard.
Tommy

zudnic
05-14-2007, 10:14 AM
It's about 1/3 acre orchard
Need slightly larger in the next year or so... :D
Ran the boat in some slight chop last night and should have brought GPS felt alot faster. The 64 mph run, had two adults, almost full fuel and smooth as glass water. 70mph+ think some more set-up and right conditions. :idea:

Coded-Dude
05-14-2007, 10:21 AM
2006 Nitro Nationals May 25, 26 & 27 2007 - RedBluff!
http://www.necsports.com/store/images/NitroAward06sm.jpg

probablecause
05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Here a pic of what I bought.....
It floats and holds beer... that is all that matters.

zudnic
05-14-2007, 12:22 PM
2006 Nitro Nationals May 25, 26 & 27 2007 - RedBluff!
http://www.necsports.com/store/images/NitroAward06sm.jpg
Sweet, thanks... Planning out loud. Excursion at dealer for next 5 day's, drive down 20th. takes a day and a half to get there. Perfect weeks vacation.... :D
It floats and holds beer... that is all that matters.
True.... Still needs to look as good as she seem's to be running though. :)
Any good places for short term doackage and decent mid range hotels close by?

thatguy
05-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Redding has some decent hotels right in town on Hilltop drive. The "La Quinta" is fairly nice. Can't help you with docking, but I do have plenty of parking room for your boat and trailer, if you need it. More secure than Hotel parking lot, for sure.
PM Me if you need a place to park it while you do your business. I have 3 boats at home, never get messed with.
Tommy:)

zudnic
05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
if you need it.
Thanks for the offer. Asked the Shasta EDC folks today, they have empty warehouse space, so can use it......

Cas
05-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Tommy.
What's the lake level like? Would you mind taking a couple of pictures of it next time out? I'm kind of already making plans on where we're going to boat to next month and it depends on the level :)

thatguy
05-14-2007, 06:43 PM
I will be home Wednsday and at the lake Thur. Will have a full report on water level Thursday eve. I can say, However that 5 weeks ago it was bareley covering the dunes at Pitt Arm campgrpound. Seemed lower than normal then.
But the last few years it has been high and over the spillway at the dam, so maybe I just got a little spoiled?
You can google Shasts Dam and follow links for current water levels and projected releases.
Tommy

thatguy
05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Zudnic,
That orchard is just a small part of the property. There is about 2 1/2 acres of unused field, formerly pasture. Fenced.
Total lot size is 252' X 660'. Just under 4 acres. We own the entire front part of the "grid". The surfs all live behind us! About 200' or so outside of Anderson city limits.
Historical Value Trends Show as: % $ % annualized
Past: This
home 96007 Anderson Shasta CA US
30 days -2.3% 2.0% 2.0% 2.1% 0.1% -2.9%
1 year 14.0% 5.2% 5.2% 3.2% -2.6% -3.8%
5 years 171.3% 123.3% 123.4% 134.2% 140.5% 67.1%
10 years 249.1% 193.3% 193.3% 202.4% 252.4% 119.8%
Since last sale
(08/13/2004) 107.8% 38.7% 38.7% 48.8% 44.3% 24.8%
As youcan see, in the 2 1/2 years we have owned it, it has gone up 107%. Thats including the recent "crash". My realtor wants to buy it himself, that can only mean he has a string of investors or actual buyers.
At the risk of spamming, PM me if looking for investments, it's a goldmine.

twowheeledfish
05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
anybody ever go to Lake Almanor to do some jet boating. i used to go up there every summer as a kid. I was wondering how the lake was doing? i was thinking of taking a vacation up that way sometime and towing up.
Yes, I head up there at least once a year. The lake gets pretty choppy in the afternoons though.

zudnic
05-15-2007, 09:30 AM
As youcan see, in the 2 1/2 years we have owned it, it has gone up 107%. Thats including the recent "crash". My realtor wants to buy it himself, that can only mean he has a string of investors or actual buyers.
The orchard is small not the property, we are selling a 280 acre apple/pear/cherry commercial orchard and another 10,000sq ft. ca storage building. We are getting out of the growing, going just juicing. Have to check with accountant, but might go the 1031 capital gains exchange route. Think we would have to buy a sim property though....
I would look at keeping yours for a few more years. If that property get's into the city urban growth plan, bet that's what your realtor is betting; will be with at least double. Myself with the juice thing being a start up it's safer to rent, limit on personal assets, means if the company fails, I don't lose a house, personal asset liability protection plan...... :D
I'm know addicted to jet boats... So looking for river/water front rentals... :D