PDA

View Full Version : Any Recommendations on my Force Cat?

Sandbar Mike
05-11-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm trying to sell my 29 Cat, It is a bad a$$ boat with stunning Gel Work.
I don't think the boat traders going to get it gone. Any Ideas??
If anyone helps me sell it I'll gladly pay$$ I've got another boat inline and don't don't want to own 2 at once.
Thanks for your help evrybody!
Mike, 951-830-8486

Havasu Luvr
05-11-2007, 07:14 AM
SPAM ! ! move it to the SPAM SECTION ! ! !:mad:

BadKachina
05-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Ebay, Craig's List. I've had really good luck buying and selling on Craigs List lately. I also found that I never got any calls from the Auto Trader but I had real good success with the classified adds in the news paper.

Havasu1986
05-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Itsbeen down there for a while now:)

Sandbar Mike
05-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the great idea Dave,
Great Idea Bad Kachina, Thanks

convincor
05-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Put a DCB decal on it! :D

Dave C
05-11-2007, 07:57 AM
LOL.....
craigslist.

Havasu Luvr
05-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Itsbeen down there for a while now:)
I know, just fock'n with Mike:D

Tequila-John
05-11-2007, 08:36 AM
we had Ted the boat broker sell or Cobra. Great guy and sold in a good time frame

Nord
05-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Have you put a for sale sign on it when you go out??

Havasu Luvr
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
He thinks it's "GAY" to do that..... you know.. new school stuff.:D

robk
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I bought my current boat after seeing it drive past with a "For Sale" sign on the side. That was the first time I had ever seen a "For Sale" sign on a boat on the water and so I was intrigued enough to talk to the owner. Turned out to be a great boat and a good deal and I ended up buying it.
Definitely worth a shot if you're still taking it out.
Rob

Nord
05-11-2007, 08:49 AM
He thinks it's "GAY" to do that..... you know.. new school stuff.:D
I guess gay guys get stuck with boats ;)

nodigg
05-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Mike, seems like its all about the low price this year. Look how cheap the used DCB's are selling. If you can hold out space wise and financially,hang in there, it'll sell, just takes time and the right looker.

nodigg
05-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm trying to sell my 29 Cat, It is a bad a$$ boat with stunning Gel Work.
I don't think the boat traders going to get it gone. Any Ideas??
If anyone helps me sell it I'll gladly pay$$ I've got another boat inline and don't don't want to own 2 at once.
Thanks for your help evrybody!
Mike, 951-830-8486
I've got ONE idea for you though. Leave it with me in Havi and I'll park it in the channel frequently with a for sale sign on it free of charge....

Sandbar Mike
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I've got ONE idea for you though. Leave it with me in Havi and I'll park it in the channel frequently with a for sale sign on it free of charge....
HOW THOUGHTFULL OF YOU! LMAO:D

Run_em_Hard
05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Offshoreonly.com Might help:)

andy01
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Price price price. I have about 22 boats right now on my list, some boats move very fast, some will never sell. If your boat was priced right it would move, drop your price until the phone starts ringing. Then hold the price. Put financing and insurance avalible in your add and send them to me. If I run across anyone on a Force or like Cat I will keep yours in mind.

HocusPocus
05-11-2007, 10:08 AM
there are lots of great used custom boats on the market if you want to sell it your going to have to work at it. use craigslist and post it in every city within 300 miles of you. put a set of vinyl "for sale" signs on it with a number that can easily be read while driving down the road. the traders and ebay are probably a waste of time and money, the traders have too many listings and ebayers are looking for a steal. is there a spot maybe at a car lot near you that may let you park it there ($) where it can be seen? i know everyone hates to do it but you may need to drop your price a little just to push those that may be on the edge to give in and make the deal.
good luck on the sale

2forcefull
05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Mike, I have sold 3 29' force cats all on ebay, and as andy said price price price. when you sell in a soft market you must price accordiningly, there seems to be a trend of folks that are try'n to unload a new boat to buy a new boat. the dealers won't take there boat cause they have discounted there's and can't give enough for the trade and tell them to go sell it.
I also use ted a boaters outlet, great guy and will get it sold if you price it right

dumbandyoung
05-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Price price price. I have about 22 boats right now on my list, some boats move very fast, some will never sell. If your boat was priced right it would move, drop your price until the phone starts ringing. Then hold the price. Put financing and insurance avalible in your add and send them to me. If I run across anyone on a Force or like Cat I will keep yours in mind.
Agreed.

John.
05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
trade it in on a new boat. :)
I sold my last boat using the trader. I priced it very reasonably and it sold in a month or so.

2forcefull
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
just sold my baja on ebay,guys wiring 10k in the morning. we'll see