PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit upolstry cleaner??

clearfork
05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Hey guys,
I have an all white interior that I am finatical about keeping white.
what do you guys reccomend for cleaning and maintaining your interiors?
The bullet is home and I have been cleaning like a mad man. she looks beautiful but has a few beauty marks in the cockpit that I nedd to attend to.
Looks like a little road tar flew up on one of the bolsters. About the size of pen head but I can see it.
Any suggestions??
It is good to have her home, she was missed and enjoying the cool Tn. weather.
Any help is apreciated............Michael

SPUDWIG
05-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I have always used zep upholstery cleaner. You can purchase it from Custom Canvas(Ron Tezarski). Works excellent.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-11-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.boatbling.net/store%20photos/vinyl%20sauce%20store%20picture_sm.jpg
A premium biodegradable interior cleaner that excels on the toughest spots on your upholstery. Use it to clean vinyl and leather surfaces, carpet and even doubles an effective engine, floor and all surfaces cleaner leaving a beautiful show shine. SPRAY ON - WIPE OFF.
Available at Boat Bling (http://www.boatbling.net)

It's Only Money
05-11-2007, 10:58 AM
For stubborn stains I've used a pumice based hand cleaner such as Go-Jo with a small stiff brush and lots of water to rinse off. Have two buckets of water in the boat - one for a pre-rinse and the other to rinse the towel used to wipe off the cleaner. Follow the cleaning with Aerospace 303 to keep it looking perfect.
There are many cleaners but the brush and Go-Jo (or equivelant) really does the job of getting into the texture of the vinyl.
Good luck.

Just foreplay
05-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I swear by MR Clean's magic eraser for cleaning..Nothing gets it whiter..Then use some sauce for protectant..
The only problem with using the eraser, is once you use it in one spot you have to do the whole thing..:D :D :D There is a noticable difference..

clearfork
05-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey thanks guys,
I have used the hot sauce, ( i got some from Gary ) and it works well.
i think I will try a combination of things.
I apreaciate your input,
I have as much fun cleaning my boat I think as I do driving it.
i spent my last four days off cleaning and it really looks nice.
Gonna have to pass on some of this to Ole nashville bound, he commented on my ride the last time I went out.....
Jealousy is such an ugly thing.................MP