PDA

View Full Version : Watch Your Kids!!!!

HokeySon
05-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Someone tried to Snatch my 10 year old daughter from my front yard this morning. Fortunately, she made agood decision and got back in the house. We live in a very good neighborhood, but near an elementary school --he was probably cruising the school area. Pretty hard to believe and really scary. So, just watch your kids -- its not safe to be a kid anymore.

MrsSigEpMock
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I hope you reported it! :eek: Sorry to hear that, It freaks me out to think of the sick things people are capable of. :mad:

Deano
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
That's just crazy. Did she, or you, get a look at the car. I wouldn't think twice about running my truck into one of those fukers and beating them half way to death.:devil: This shit is my worse fear with my six year old.

Quest4Fun
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Someone tried to Snatch my 10 year old daughter from my front yard this morning. Fortunately, she made agood decision and got back in the house. We live in a very good neighborhood, but near an elementary school --he was probably cruising the school area. Pretty hard to believe and really scary. So, just watch your kids -- its not safe to be a kid anymore.
Wow HokeySon...very scarey :eek: Glad to hear it turned out o.k. It doesn't matter where you live, it can happen and does happen everywhere. You were lucky today.

RitcheyRch
One of my worse fears. Could never imagine what families go through when their children have been abducted.

yopengo
Holy fock! Glad she is okay. Crazy world we live in. Did you call the cops? :eek:

DeltaSigBoater
05-11-2007, 09:52 AM
HOLY FOCK... did you call the cops, glad to hear she is ok.

Cole Trickle
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
That's just crazy. Did she, or you, get a look at the car. I wouldn't think twice about running my truck into one of those fukers and beating them half way to death.:devil: This shit is my worse fear with my six year old.
Exactly what I was thinking!!!:mad: :eek:
Report is ASAP...the next family might not be as lucky!!!

Aqua Boogie1
05-11-2007, 09:54 AM
You taught her well!!!!

topless
05-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I hope you reported it too. That is way too scary. I'm just glad my kids are older now and wiser too. Good thing you daughter had the smarts to get inside the house. Not all kids would as we've seen on the news so I'm glad to hear it here as apposed to an amber alert.

dmontzsta
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
That is very scary, you just never know when or where it will happen.
My cousin had his daugher picked up in a store and the dude started to run out the door (his wife was pregnant and could only yell for help). The dude who tried to take her was tackled at the front door on his way out.
Scary shit.

HokeySon
05-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I hope you reported it! :eek: :
yup, wife called the cops -- I was not around -- I cruised the nieghborhood when I got back, but he was long gone.
I also went and had 100 signs made that say "Watch your kids: Pedator tried to snatch kid on May 11, 2007" and "Predator Beware: We are watching for you." I figure that might help some. I dunno. ASt least it makes me feel like I am doing something.

HocusPocus
05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
that has to be every parents worst nightmare, great to hear your little one is safe. for sure you need to do as others have said and report it, if there is a predator on the prowl he wont stop till he gets what he is looking for.

MrsSigEpMock
05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Good for you, you probably saved a child in your neighborhood. I doubt he'll be back there.

Caljamr
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
yup, wife called the cops -- I was not around -- I cruised the nieghborhood when I got back, but he was long gone.
I also went and had 100 signs made that say "Watch your kids: Pedator tried to snatch kid on May 11, 2007" and "Predator Beware: We are watching for you." I figure that might help some. I dunno. ASt least it makes me feel like I am doing something.
Good job.
My story goes.... Halloween night about 6 years ago we setup our house to scare the kids because we are kids at heart. We noticed a car pull up several houses down and we didn't recognize it. We called my sisters husband on his cell phone (he's a cop) asked him if he could check it out. Cops did the suprise hit him with the high beams and spot light. Sure enough he has playing with himself and he was a convicted sex offender.
Always be on the lookout and i'm glad your child is safe.

pixilatedpussy
05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I am so glad that she got away & knew what to do! How freakin scary!!!!!:( :mad:

HCS
05-11-2007, 10:12 AM
That sucks! I watch my son walk to school every day just to make sure he gets there.
It's scary to run your zip code on Magans Law and look at all the feaks in your area.

YeLLowBoaT
05-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm glad every thing turned out ok. Just make sure every one keeps a eye out, there is a chance hes not gone.( they tend to roam areas they know)
I would kill any one that hurts a child, its not a question, its you better hope the police get to you before I do. :mad:

Outnumbered
05-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. Scary world out there. Never can be too safe. I'm gonna have my 11 y/o read this thread just as a reminder to be safe.

dirty old man
05-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Hope you GOOGLED in your phone number. If you're listed, it will give preditors your address and map to your house. You need to remove it

YeLLowBoaT
05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Hope you GOOGLED in your phone number. If you're listed, it will give preditors your address and map to your house. You need to remove it
did not know that, thanks... just had it removed.

Badger301
05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
WOW....glad to hear things are ok...Thats the main reason my little one doesnt play out front, you just never know....it can happen in any area.

Devil's Advocate
05-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Holy shiat!! How scary. So glad she is home safe and you guys did well teaching her.

PunkAssBitch
05-11-2007, 12:07 PM
When my oldest was 10 or 11, some azzhole tried to snatch him from his bus stop one morning. This bus stop was right across the street from a neighbor's (LEO) house w/his unit parked in the driveway. The azzhole kept driving past my boy back & forth, then yelled to him to come over to the car...my boy said NOPE & then the guy got out of the car & started chasing him. My son ran for his life, the guy grabbed his backpack, he wiggled out of it & then leapt over a fence into another neighbor's backyard & dropped about 12 feet, spraining both of his ankles pretty badly & he fell in bushes, so he was pretty scratched up. That neighbor freaked out because he thought someone was trying to break in, but then realized what was going on & went outside & started chasing the guy down the street.
Scared the crap out of ALL of us around here....but the worst part of it all was how the Sherriff & our school district handled it. They said that since there were no witnesses (even though the neighbor chased the guy & got a description of the car & guy), they pretty much said my son "cried wolf"...now, it's no secret that my boy has some issues, but he did NOT make this situation up...such fockin' bullshit!!! The only thing that they said they'd do was to keep an eye out for the guy & his car, but that was it. They didn't even step up more patrolling of the areas. The school district didn't issue alerts to other parents, and I had to fight them tooth & nail to get his bus stop moved closer to our house.
We ended up doing the fliers around the neighborhood & started up a Neighborhood Watch Program here. This kind of thing can happen at ANYTIME of the day or night, anywhere.
There's a really great book called Protecting The Gift by Gavin de Becker. I highly recommend it & definitely teach all of our kids the lessons in that book!

Lavey29
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I am very glad your daughter is safe. This is also my worst fear for my child. Teach them young how to react to situations. Everyone on here also needs to be aware of the public internet site that you can access to be alert to convicted sex offenders in your area (city). It falls under the "Megans Law" criteria. You can research your area on your home computer usually by zip code or street names are best or you can go into your local police station and use their system to access the website for sex offender info in your area. I found one convicted offender living at the end of my street during the check. Watch your little ones at all times......

Flyinbowtie
05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Hokey;
I'm sure you and the local cops are already on top of this, but I'll throw it out there anyway...
Check with every neighbor in the area, if one of them has Surv. Video on the front of their house they may have caught the car. Many times, that info can be linked to 290 Registration info...
In most cases, just being in the neighborhood and approaching a child is a violation of their probation/parole.

b's sanger
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Here is a website for everyone to check out. It will list many sexual predators living/working near an inputted address. A little knowledge goes a long way.
www.FamilyWatchDog.us

Trailer Park Casanova
05-11-2007, 12:43 PM
About 20 years ago I was installing a condensing unit next to a families house and looked up and saw a stranger walking their little girl to his van holding her hand.
Didn't seem right, we called to the guy to stop.
He let her hand go and took off.
We gave a description,, and he was caught.
Had priors. Lots of priors.

YeLLowBoaT
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
heres the link for CA...
http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/
lots of search options... its almost scary what you find... LA county for example has 11208 registered sex offenders... the average per county is about 2300.

b's sanger
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Here is a website for everyone to check out. It will list many sexual predators living/working near an inputted address. A little knowledge goes a long way.
www.FamilyWatchDog.us
This website has pictures too. Your daughter might be able to possibly ID this idiot.

Old school Ultra
05-11-2007, 01:39 PM
After reading all the post's I went to the Megan's Law web page, Why is it that all these sick Fockking Bastages only go after little kids!! almost everyone of them is acts to a minor under 14.... It makes me sick, I am going to have a talk with my kids and mention to all my neighbors tonight to talk to there kids as a little refresher....
Glad to hear your kid got away,
Thanks for the eye opener..

HokeySon
05-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the support y'all. Daughter is still pretty freaked out (and really clingy -- which is okay by me)
Flyinbowtie: great idea on checking for surveilance tapes -- I hadn't thought of that --- Neighbor down the street has the car on tape and daughter idenitified it and the driver.
To close things out, the local cops did a great job making a presence around the schools and neighborhood in both the morning and afternoon. They are taken the tape to see if they can get the license off of it -- not great resolution as it is. Signs are up and neighbors are alerted. Hopefully that and more patrols will either put this guy in a cage or drive him back into his hole.
Oh, one more thng that I learned is that sometimes these preditors tell the kids that a parent was in an accident and sent him to pick up the child. My kids now have a password -- if someone feeds them that line without the password -- they know it is not from me or my wife and to run. Seems like a good idea and so wanted to share.
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all you peeps.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks for all the support y'all. Daughter is still pretty freaked out (and really clingy -- which is okay by me)
Flyinbowtie: great idea on checking for surveilance tapes -- I hadn't thought of that --- Neighbor down the street has the car on tape and daughter idenitified it and the driver.
To close things out, the local cops did a great job making a presence around the schools and neighborhood in both the morning and afternoon. They are taken the tape to see if they can get the license off of it -- not great resolution as it is. Signs are up and neighbors are alerted. Hopefully that and more patrols will either put this guy in a cage or drive him back into his hole.
Oh, one more thng that I learned is that sometimes these preditors tell the kids that a parent was in an accident and sent him to pick up the child. My kids now have a password -- if someone feeds them that line without the password -- they know it is not from me or my wife and to run. Seems like a good idea and so wanted to share.
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all you peeps.
:jawdrop: I just saw this when you brought it TTT I am so sorry your daughter and you both had to go through this. I am glad the cops were right on it.. Great for you and the neighborhood for the signs you put out. I hope they get that plate number and woop his ass before they haul him to jail. I would love to get his ass in an alley before the cops can.
Great thinking by your daughter and great parenting from both of you for her to think the way she did and high tail it into the house.
I hope you gave her one of the biggest hugs you could have. I know I would have..
she is very smart :D :D :D :D

topless
05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
My kids are now 15 and 17 and I still worry but not as much. They are both very smart. When they were your kids age, I let them walk to the convenient store and some guy was following them really slowly. They turned around and ran home. I'm just glad I taught them that early on. It seems you have done the same.

centerhill condor
05-12-2007, 01:45 AM
what happened to our country?
back in the day we left on bikes in the morning and got home before dark and had all kinds of fun with out being afraid? How did soooo many people get turned into perverts?
I flipped through that perp show last night and people still show up to have sex with 12 yo?
BTW, I'm glad to hear your kid did the right thing.