PDA

View Full Version : Bartlett, AZ

justchillin
05-11-2007, 10:16 AM
So how is this lake? I have not been there in like 10 years. Is there a party cove on this lake, like humbug at pleasant?

460 jus getn it
05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
So how is this lake? I have not been there in like 10 years. Is there a party cove on this lake, like humbug at pleasant?
Plenty of beach right now seeing as how the lake is only 35% full.

Outnumbered
05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Search the forum. Someone posted some pics. It seems to be damn near empty. Mud-pit at this point:(

79centurion
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Still enough water to have fun for now. Not sure about summertime though. Sandy beach is back since the water is so low. I was there last friday.
Dan

Outnumbered
05-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Still enough water to have fun for now. Not sure about summertime though. Sandy beach is back since the water is so low. I was there last friday.
Dan
Depends on the size of his boat. The pics I saw showed the ramp was out of the water. I could not launch my boat there.

Outnumbered
05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Here is a link:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147245&highlight=bartlett
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28672&stc=1&d=1176616750

Xlration Marine
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Where the bloody stink do they put in. I went there about a month ago to do some fly fishing, and did see boats on the water. I was down by the area where every one camps, way to rocky there to launch a dingy. I need to hear the V8 sing. It was storming that fryday and didn't have any time to look around. It's actually at 39 but might as well be empty. I'm calling the marina and asking them to put the plug back in the dam.

Xlration Marine
05-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Smuckin fay, just called. Guess they are fixing the ramp, first one as you come in. I was told that it would be done in a couple of weeks and then the water level will be coming back up. It's 30' lower than it was last summer. Dats a ho latta rocks ta hit. But keep this under yo hat, don't need any ski boat fags there.

79centurion
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Water is a little lower than that pic. I launched right next to the ramp. I took out the centurion.
Dan

justchillin
05-11-2007, 06:03 PM
WOW didnt know it was that low. I am not sure if i could launch my 21' Bayliner. I like Pleasant since it is close but the water is so damn choppy I need a kidney belt.

Donttreadonme
05-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I talked to a very nice girl at SRP this week while she was running through a checklist at the damn. She indicated that water level at Bartlett will be going up in the next couple of weeks but will lower drastically later on this summer. They are going to almost drain all of Canyon to do work on the damn. While they are doing the work at Canyon they will have to take water from the Verde side and will end up draining most of Bartlett for Phoenix water usage. This is the reason why Bartlett is so low now, they did the same thing to the damn at Apache this winter so they used a lot of the water from Bartlett. Overall it doesn't look good for Bartlett this summer. She told me that they will be filling Horseshoe as much as they can though. She didn't know if it will be usable for boating or not. Pleasant will most likely be crazier than ever this summer and Saguaro will be full every day. Better get used to going up to Roosevelt this summer.

squirt'nmyload
05-14-2007, 01:56 PM
for those of you that are saying bartlett is unusable, i must disagree. we went there on sunday and there are plenty of places to launch and plenty of usable water. people were launching 26ft boats no problem. we were on the water for 20 mins and loaded up and left. i got tired of the freakin plow boats that just had to pass 20 feet away from my boat. every boat there just seemed to have to drive as close to us as possible.

drtywhat
05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
where are they launching then?? where did you launch at?

squirt'nmyload
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
where are they launching then?? where did you launch at?
we launched from the flats....people were everywhere. plenty of places in sb cove also but it was full when we got there......some of the shoreline is rocky but if the good spots are taken, all you gotta do is move some rocks to make your own launch area. thats what we did. i would have got some pics but i didn't have my camera with me.

Donttreadonme
05-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Hell, they have a make shift dirt ramp with portable dock and all right next to the first regular ramp.
Someone out there had a huge as Sleekcraft with flames on it. I would guess it was 30+ feet long. I think it was luanched with a big ass motorhome, but not sure.

Donttreadonme
05-14-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30881&stc=1&d=1179183884
I think I will have to settle for the pond this summer...

squirt'nmyload
05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30881&stc=1&d=1179183884
LMAO...that thing is sweet!! yes after sunday i think i'll be sticking to my paddle boats and lake in my backyard too:D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSCF0187-1.jpg

justchillin
05-14-2007, 03:50 PM
I may have to try it out next trip down. kid wants to learn to wake board but thats kinda hard to do on the ocean that pleasant turns out to be.

squirt'nmyload
05-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I may have to try it out next trip down. kid wants to learn to wake board but thats kinda hard to do on the ocean that pleasant turns out to be.
you'll fit in just fine up at bartlett. it seemed that all i saw was wakeboard boats up there on sunday. :) there was a 30 some foot mastercraft with twins up there, if he can launch than i think most of you could

Classic Daycruiser
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
It needs a twin wacker setup, and a DCB Sticker:D :D :D :D :D
That boat is as close to Sun City, AZ golf carts as you can get.

Donttreadonme
05-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Anyone have a clue as to what it is? I think it's an 18'. It has no serial numbers on it anywhere. It was setup for a whacker. It has balsa floors and what looks like maple stringers. It came with the condo I bought.

squirt'nmyload
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Anyone have a clue as to what it is? I think it's an 18'. It has no serial numbers on it anywhere. It was setup for a whacker. It has balsa floors and what looks like maple stringers. It came with the condo I bought.
18 feet???? it sure doesn't look like it..maybe more like 8-10 ft.....whatever it is i'm first in line to take it off your hands if you don't want it. :)