PDA

View Full Version : How many ***boaters fish?

Boozer
05-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Do any of you ***boaters do any fishing?
I have for about a year now been toying with an idea and I'd like to get some feedback from the ***boat community before moving forward.
Do you do any fishing? If so how serious are you into the sport and if your boat could could accomodate downriggers, live well, fishfinder, etc. that can easily be removed would you get more serious into fishing?

kingsransomracing
05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I fish and love doing it. we take the 18' southwind out for boating / skiing and the 14' gregor aluminum boat out to fish.
Heres a picture of the fish I caught up in Oregon (51.5 pounds already bled).
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/803/137872670leg5.jpg
You don't need all that stuff to fish.
We went fishing on havasu while staying at buckskin. Anchored and pulled up about 18 strippers (bass) in about 40 minutes. Anchored in 15 feet of water. you just need to know when and where to fish. I picked up a large mouth bass (about 4 pounder) casting ahead of our boat while trolling.
Rather.....is right though...boat with carpet etc. not good for fishing...fish smells tend to linger and can really stink up carpet etc.

Cole Trickle
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Pretty sure Notalent is the HB fishing expert.
I don't know if he has ever caught anything but he sure has fun trying!!:D:D:devil: ;)

Big Warlock
05-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I love to fish. That's why I have a Bertram to fish off of and a Donzi for Hot Boat events!! :D

Nord
05-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I am an avid Bass fisherman myself

91nordic29
05-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Whenever we spend the night on the water, I fish when I get up in the morning while hubby snoozes.:)

That Guy
05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I fish and love doing it. we take the 18' southwind out for boating / skiing and the 14' gregor aluminum boat out to fish.
Heres a picture of the fish I caught up in Oregon (51.5 pounds already bled).
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/803/137872670leg5.jpg
You don't need all that stuff to fish.
We went fishing on havasu while staying at buckskin. Anchored and pulled up about 18 strippers (bass) in about 40 minutes. Anchored in 15 feet of water. you just need to know when and where to fish. I picked up a large mouth bass (about 4 pounder) casting ahead of our boat while trolling.
Rather.....is right though...boat with carpet etc. not good for fishing...fish smells tend to linger and can really stink up carpet etc.
If I can pull up 18 Strippers from Havasu, I'm taking up fishing...:D :D

yopengo
05-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I love trout fishing in the Eastern Sierras. Not much into getting the boat smelly (unless im with HavaSkank). :eek: J/k :D :D :D

sleekcraft80
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I like to fish when ever I get the chance. I have a "80" Glastron HPV-160 Bass Boat. I really like to Fly Fish on the lakes. I went fly fishing on Havasu about 4 years ago in the evening and I found out that isn't a great time of day to do so. I almost caught me a Bat. Other than that I love to fish and I own about 25 poles and about 30 reels of all different types and styles and all the tackle to go with it. I gave up deep sea fishing and sold all of my tuna and marlin equipment

womba
05-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I have for about a year now been toying with an idea and I'd like to get some feedback from the ***boat community before moving forward.
Do you do any fishing? If so how serious are you into the sport and if your boat could could accomodate downriggers, live well, fishfinder, etc. that can easily be removed would you get more serious into fishing?
I used to own a 26' Searay cabin cruiser that we ended up using for deep sea fishing most of the time. We had a removable livewell that we strapped on the swim step and large ice chest for fish we caught. We mounted a fish finder on it but no downriggers or outriggers. Got some good fishing out of it but space was limited in the cockpit to 4 people. So I sold it and got a 21' center console with T top, Johnson outboard, rod holders, rod storage, livewell, fishfinder, fish boxes the works. Plenty of room to fish on it even though it's smaller. You can fish on most boats but take the carpet out, cover the vinyl seats, get a chopping board that mounts on the gunwale, and install a few rod holders.

Run_em_Hard
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
We take one trip a year when we fish off the boat...other than that neither the boat or I touch a fishing pole.

ratso
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I like to fish when ever I get the chance. I have a "80" Glastron HPV-160 Bass Boat. I really like to Fly Fish on the lakes. I went fly fishing on Havasu about 4 years ago in the evening and I found out that isn't a great time of day to do so. I almost caught me a Bat. Other than that I love to fish and I own about 25 poles and about 30 reels of all different types and styles and all the tackle to go with it. I gave up deep sea fishing and sold all of my tuna and marlin equipment
I don't know if you ever heard of Alton Jones... pro bass fisherman... that was his first boat ever... brought it brand new from us.;)

oldbuck40
05-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Devilman fishes all the time out of his jetboat!:D

707dog
05-11-2007, 12:55 PM
hell ya my whole family loves to fish never used any of those downriggers or none of that stuff but i got a bass tracker pro1800 bass boat we use to fish off of, i got folder full of pictures but here is what i got on my laptop...
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/707DOG/catfish2.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/707DOG/lingcod.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/707DOG/rockcod.jpg

Boozer
05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
The verdict is in. I will put my idea to work and start building this thing next week.

sleekcraft80
05-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't know if you ever heard of Alton Jones... pro bass fisherman... that was his first boat ever... brought it brand new from us.;)
If work doesn't get any better it will have to go. I can always get another Bass Boat.

kingsransomracing
05-11-2007, 01:00 PM
That guy.....
Red Square marks the spot :D
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6810/fishingmapie4.jpg
frozen Anchovie pieces, with single hook.
I won't tell you everything, so you can figure out the way to fish it :idea:

Tom N
05-11-2007, 01:14 PM
not real big fan of fishing, but it is fun catching fish in the back waters of Tampa Bay. The water is only a couple of feet deep so you have a chance to see what your'e going after.
i was out this week and had some luck.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/thomasnelson217/5-8-2007-08.jpg

boat boy
05-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Off-Shore Tuna Type.

bohica
05-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Always toss a pole out wherever were at in Havasu. Always catch and release, don't want them in the boat. Lots of stripers & catfish, something to do while kicking back.

That Guy
05-11-2007, 01:35 PM
That guy.....
Red Square marks the spot :D
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6810/fishingmapie4.jpg
frozen Anchovie pieces, with single hook.
I won't tell you everything, so you can figure out the way to fish it :idea:
Thanks for the info...I do love to fish but I was just pulling your leg since you wrote strippers instead of stripers....get it...18 strippers....:D :D
Sometimes the only person that I crack up is myself....:)

Rod-64
05-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Actually been kicking ass lately.......caught some monster cats out of Mallard Cove along with tons of stripers and caught another big cat at the catail cove dock.
Used chovies and crunchy Cheetos.

Aqua Boogie1
05-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Love to fish, the biggest one to date. Per the Sturgoen websites, from the weight and length, its around 19 yrs old. Oh, and Im 6'2".............
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2089b0195588a2a-med.jpg

kingsransomracing
05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
haha...didn't even notice :)
well you can find that type further north on Havasu :D

TahitiTiger
05-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I have taken my jet fishing, I just row around with the oar. Bass, Trout and some other fish are in my local lake. Most of the time, I just loose my bait :D they are smart bastages.

Xlration Marine
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
On the FLY. That's why I took the seats out of the bow and now it's all flat about 6" down from the deck. Put the rods under it and a sun pad on top to hide the stuff. I was hoping to do some striper fishing in Havasu, but it will have to waite for a while. Could do it at Pleasant but Havi would be better. I will need to find the best time to go, maybe some one here knows. I love Big Bear Lake, it's the Coolest place to go.

455Rocket
05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Never out of my current boat... don't want to stink it up
Caught a nice bass on Castaic out of my old 19' Nordic though...
All my hardcore fishing is done in British Columbia and Alaska. So far:
42 lb Chinook (King) Salmon
28 lb Coho (Silver) Salmon
179 lb Hailbut

Rexone
05-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I fish. Saltwater only. Long range trips out of San Diego primarily. Tuna, albacore, yellowtail, wahoo, dorado (mahi mahi) mostly.

Xlration Marine
05-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Love to fish, the biggest one to date. Per the Sturgoen websites, from the weight and length, its around 19 yrs old. Oh, and Im 6'2".............
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2089b0195588a2a-med.jpg
Nice, But thats a BABY fish. I lived by some Locks in Upsatae NY. They would work on them in the winter. They would get some close to 12' in there. Gotta a cracker. There's some big fish in the St. Lawrence River.

dumbandyoung
05-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I fish, only salt water.
Hey, I just thought of this.. If enough of you guys are down.. We can plan a Hot Boat deep sea fishing trip. We can take off outta Dana Point for the day. Maybe when can get a group rate. ??

Riverbass
05-11-2007, 05:29 PM
We do a lot of fishing, Tournament and for fun all bass. We do a lot around blythe. Running a 2005 champion 196 rigged with all the good stuff.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/srferjo/IMG_0098.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/srferjo/IMG_0100.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
I have been fishing since I could hold a rod..
The biggest I have caught ocean fishing was a white sea bass.
weight was about 60 lbs and lenth was about 3 1/2 - 4' not quite sure. :)
Love ocean fishing. Although I have never been on a tuna trip.. That is what I want to do really really bad.:D

djunkie
05-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I have been fishing since I could hold a rod..
The biggest I have caught ocean fishing was a white sea bass.
weight was about 60 lbs and lenth was about 3 1/2 - 4' not quite sure. :)
Love ocean fishing. Although I have never been on a tuna trip.. That is what I want to do really really bad.:D
I like fishing for Tuna too. :devil: :devil:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Fire Angler
05-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I fish, only salt water.
Hey, I just thought of this.. If enough of you guys are down.. We can plan a Hot Boat deep sea fishing trip. We can take off outta Dana Point for the day. Maybe when can get a group rate. ??
Best boat I've been on is the First String. It's a 93' boat that you can charter out of Ports O call for about $3800. They leave for San Diego each year in the middle of June to fish in Mexico. When we charter this boat, we only bring 30 peeps, it's perfect for that many.
http://www.hmlanding.com/boats/boatpics/firststring.jpg

DeltaSigBoater
05-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Next to Hot Boating - I'm all about saltwater sport fishing, used to work for the Century Boat Dealer :mad:
I've always wanted a Flybridge Sportfisher nothing big just a nice 44 to 54 footer :D Just dont have the $$$ at this point in my life :(

KineticoH20
05-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I fish. Saltwater only. Long range trips out of San Diego primarily. Tuna, albacore, yellowtail, wahoo, dorado (mahi mahi) mostly.
Im with you Rex, once you have done long range in San Diego all other fishing pales in comparison. I'm a regular on thr Qualifier 105 and the American Angler and the Spirit of Adventure...........Hook-up....:D my biggest is a 211 bluefin.

Rexone
05-11-2007, 07:49 PM
There's nothing like pulling on a tuna up in the 200 lb range. You'd think you hooked on to a greyhound bus. You can feel the rythem of their tail when they take a long hard run and just watch the 80lb disappear off the reel. Just get in shape first if you're going after big ones. My best day fishing tuna was back in 95 on the Q105 with John Klein. One day over 1000 lbs of bluefin, 155, 145, 6 more over 80 and a shitload of 40ish. One of those days prolly never see again. I thought I was gonna die that night I was so beat. Naturally the 2 biguns came right at sundown after a full day. It was a Fred Bowden 4 day charter trip (Todd Bowden of outboard racing noterity's dad). Great bunch of guys too.

Rexone
05-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Im with you Rex, once you have done long range in San Diego all other fishing pales in comparison. I'm a regular on thr Qualifier 105 and the American Angler and the Spirit of Adventure...........Hook-up....:D my biggest is a 211 bluefin.
I does kind of spoil you. I don't even like one day trips any more. My favorite boat is the Q105. I rode the AA once and it wasn't pleasent but that was previous owner so might like it better now. Also been of Royal Star a few trips. There was a guy named Jack Webster that used to run the RS and then the Qualifier. One hell of a fisherman. I think he runs commercial now. Was on one trip with a guy named Jeff Debuy (sp?) excellent too. I think he bought either the Red Rooster or AA now can't remember. I have not been out for a few years. :(

KineticoH20
05-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I does kind of spoil you. I don't even like one day trips any more. My favorite boat is the Q105. I rode the AA once and it wasn't pleasent but that was previous owner so might like it better now. Also been of Royal Star a few trips. There was a guy named Jack Webster that used to run the RS and then the Qualifier. One hell of a fisherman. I think he runs commercial now. Was on one trip with a guy named Jeff Debuy (sp?) excellent too. I think he bought either the Red Rooster or AA now can't remember. I have not been out for a few years. :(
I miss John Klein runnin the boat, had alot of quality trips on it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 08:00 PM
There's nothing like pulling on a tuna up in the 200 lb range. You'd think you hooked on to a greyhound bus. You can feel the rythem of their tail when they take a long hard run and just watch the 80lb disappear off the reel. Just get in shape first if you're going after big ones. My best day fishing tuna was back in 95 on the Q105 with John Klein. One day over 1000 lbs of bluefin, 155, 145, 6 more over 80 and a shitload of 40ish. One of those days prolly never see again. I thought I was gonna die that night I was so beat. Naturally the 2 biguns came right at sundown after a full day. It was a Fred Bowden 4 day charter trip (Todd Bowden of outboard racing noterity's dad). Great bunch of guys too.
you wrote that like it was yesterday. Now you made me really want to go.. :D :D :D :D

Rexone
05-11-2007, 08:01 PM
As far as I know (which is little at this point) he still owns it and does run it once in awhile. I have a pic of him and me wrestling with those two big fish for a pic somewhere. I'll see if I can find it and post. We were both laying on the deck in hysterics before we finally got them held upright long enough for a shot.

Rexone
05-11-2007, 08:02 PM
you wrote that like it was yesterday. Now you made me really want to go.. :D :D :D :D
All the other trips are a bit hazy, but the memory of that one will never fade. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
All the other trips are a bit hazy, but the memory of that one will never fade. :D :D
It is a great memory. I'm gettin the gear and I headin out.. :D

Rexone
05-11-2007, 08:07 PM
I checked the Q105 website. Looks like John ran a trip in the logs in April. :)

Rexone
05-11-2007, 08:08 PM
:D isn't it easier just to throw some 1/4 or 1/2 sticks of dynomite into the water and scoop up your catch:D or is that cheating ??
My guess is the Mexican govt would view that as cheating. ;)

Rexone
05-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Back at that time anyway the Qualifier was the only boat that would fillet and had a blast freezer on board to store the fish. Prolly more have that now. That was a big deal to me as I'd spent literally days cleaning fish from some previous trips that produced a lot and I really didn't have the time or desire for it any longer.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Back at that time anyway the Qualifier was the only boat that would fillet and had a blast freezer on board to store the fish. Prolly more have that now. That was a big deal to me as I'd spent literally days cleaning fish from some previous trips that produced a lot and I really didn't have the time or desire for it any longer.
the local boats we go on in Marina Del Rey will clean them for you for a small fee.. worth it to me.. I hate cleaning them.

OutCole'd
05-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I only go out a couple of times a year. Usually either Lareto or Cabo. Here is a pic from a trip last year in Ixtapa. My son brought in this Sail fish. I still have not heard the end of it because all I brought in were a couple of small fish.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30767&d=1178943778

707dog
05-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I only go out a couple of times a year. Usually either Lareto or Cabo. Here is a pic from a trip last year in Ixtapa. My son brought in this Sail fish. I still have not heard the end of it because all I brought in were a couple of small fish.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30767&d=1178943778
wow your son gots some braggin rights he will never forget that fish...cabo is my next stop hopefully towards the end of the year,if not sooner we want to do a 3day trip spend 2 fishing 1 kickin it and 3 drinking..lol

Rexone
05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
the local boats we go on in Marina Del Rey will clean them for you for a small fee.. worth it to me.. I hate cleaning them.
The local one day boats all do. But it's the multi day boats that don't (or most didn't then) because there was no way to freeze and preserve the fillets to the end of the trip. All most the boats had were liquid brine fish holds for whole fish (frozen whole fish yes, fillet friendly, definately not). It was a big factor in my boat choice the last few trips I went on. Plus I just happened to like that boat too. :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-11-2007, 09:35 PM
We love to fish :devil:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/Copy_of_69880002.JPG

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 09:36 PM
The local one day boat all do. But it's the multi day boats that don't (or most didn't then) because there was no way to freeze and preserve the fillets to the end of the trip. All most the boats had were liquid brine fish holds for whole fish (frozen whole fish yes, fillet friendly, definately not). It was a big factor in my boat choice the last few trips I went on. Plus I just happened to like that boat too. :)
I take it this boat still runs trips? if so where can I catch one.:D :D

Rexone
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I take it this boat still runs trips? if so where can I catch one.:D :D
Yes they sure do. http://www.qualifier105.com/

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 09:41 PM
:jawdrop: cool I will call in the am.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.. :D

Rexone
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
:jawdrop: cool I will call in the am.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.. :D
I'd try a shorter trip first to make sure you dig it. It's a lot different being out for several days than just one day. Most the good shorter trips are in the June-July period (my preference is late July for opportunity of big bluefin tuna on a shorter trip). After that the trips start lengthening due to the fact that many years they have to travel further for good fish later in the season. Every year is different out there though as is each day.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I'd try a shorter trip first to make sure you dig it. It's a lot different being out for several days than just one day. Most the good shorter trips are in the June-July period (my preference is late July for opportunity of big bluefin tuna on a shorter trip). After that the trips start lengthening due to the fact that many years they have to travel further for good fish later in the season. Every year is different out there though as is each day.
i was thinking at first one to three days.:D

unleashed
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I fish with my daughter all the time....we usually just catch and release..buts its hella fun!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
MyspaceUnleashed (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/h7.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/249J4.JPG

Rexone
05-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Also a lot of times they have a few spots open even on some of the closed charters or have spots open up when people cancel.
The nice part is they only take 18-30 peeps depending on the trip on a 105 ft boat (give or take depending on the boat).
Not like the one day cattle barges with 100 peeps on an 80 footer (or less). I just won't do that stuff any more.

Rexone
05-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I fish with my daughter all the time....we usually just catch and release..buts its hella fun!
Deano
That's how I started too Deano, just about that age with my uncle off Balboa pier catchin perch.
When I was a teenager working on the pier sellin bait was my first real job. Caught litterally thousands of bonito during that few years on the pier (I was basically there most summer days for several years). Great memories.
Then I got my taste of boat fishing when I could finally afford to go. It just escalated from there... :D

unleashed
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
That's how I started too Deano, just about that age with my uncle off Balboa pier catchin perch.
When I was a teenager working on the pier sellin bait was my first real job. Caught litterally thousands of bonito during that few years on the pier (I was basically there most summer days for several years). Great memories.
Then I got my taste of boat fishing when I could finally afford to go. It just escalated from there... :D
I hear ya man....I have chartered a few in cabo...but its been awhile. Fun times and memories I'll never forget!
Deano
UnleashedhardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

Redwing247
05-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes they sure do. http://www.qualifier105.com/
Aahhh.........I remember my first trip in 85 aboard the Qualifier 105.
3 or 4 days trip chasing the longfins :)

Jordy
05-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Been once or twice.... :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23Puerto_Vallarta_074.jpg
So the big sail got taxidermied (thanks Big Warlock) and is now hanging on my wall in my living room. ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23house.jpg
OK, so we got into Dorrado here. Mikey, with Bernie's help, is bringing in one on the left. I had another one on a plate rigged with 3 hoochies, and ended up with the female (jumping) and later picked up the male on the same line before they tore the line from the plate... :(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30772&stc=1&d=1178951117
Then there was the bait stealing pelican... Don't think he went after any fish floating up top for quite a while after this ordeal. I'm sure his friends loved his new piercing though. ;)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30773&stc=1&d=1178951280

Redwing247
05-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Jordy = baller :D

eliminatedsprinter
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM
fish smells tend to linger and can really stink up carpet etc.
That's another reason why I'll never put a stripper pole in any boat of mine.;)

Jordy
05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Jordy = baller :D
Jordy= not a baller, but I know some people who are and they just let me ride the coat tails. ;)

DeltaSigBoater
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Then there was the bait stealing pelican... Don't think he went after any fish floating up top for quite a while after this ordeal. I'm sure his friends loved his new piercing though. ;)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30773&stc=1&d=1178951280
I've had that happen a couple times... SUCKS to say the least. But they are fun to catch :D

Rexone
05-11-2007, 10:46 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23Puerto_Vallarta_074.jpg
Whos the dufus with the little red fish. :(
Looks like all those other guys scored nice sails that day. :)

Jordy
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Whos the dufus with the little red fish. :(
Looks like all those other guys scored nice sails that day. :)
That "little" red fish was about a 50 lb dog tooth snapper. They fight like a HUGE fish and are really quite good eats. We had two of them. One got caught up in a bowl of cerviche' on the trip back in. :)
We caught 5 or 6 sails that day, right in the middle size wise, but those 3 were hurt so we couldn't let them go. :( :( :(
Donated the meat to a local orphanage, so there was a positive out of the deal. ;)
Oh, and the "other guys" are on the left, "Chilango" who is a great fisherman/deckhand/cook (who eats as much/more than he cooks :idea: ), Capt. Danny kneeling down, some dufus with a little red fish, and Luis who is another deckhand (who has a little problem getting seasick :notam).

sorry dog
05-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Does anyone eat the fish they catch on Havasu?

kingsransomracing
05-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Nothing wrong with fish out of Havasu.

Jordy
05-12-2007, 05:35 AM
I suppose it all depends what she looks like. ;)

Pheelin Phroggy
05-12-2007, 06:09 AM
We tried once... but found trolling at 60 to be fairly ineffective.

MikeF
05-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Usually spend more time fishing in the kayak than the jetboat. Easier and costs less. Catch yellows down in LaJolla whenever they are near but still looking for a legal WSB.
Fish the Baja as much as possible, but nowhere near as much as I'd like.
http://www.kayakangler.com/mike-kayak.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/medium/153BSBRelease.JPG

moneypit
05-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Fiddy Libber Bull
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84DSC00044.JPG

sleekcraft80
05-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Fiddy Libber Bull
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84DSC00044.JPG
How big was that Dorado. I took one in Cabo that weighed about 75 lbs and about 5 1/2 feet long

moneypit
05-12-2007, 12:09 PM
How big was that Dorado. I took one in Cabo that weighed about 75 lbs and about 5 1/2 feet long
50 lbs..

RiverRatMike
05-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I like to fish alot. Mostly when I go to my river house in Parker. Just fishing right off the dock. Usually have good luck and catch either small mouth bass or stripers.