PDA

View Full Version : Big Speeds At INDY

71tahiti
05-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Fast friday at the brickyard was a fast one. Speeds well over 227 and the temp was in the low 80s. The New IRL hottie put it into the wall but is OK.
Should be FAST for pole day. No rain and temps in the mid to upper 70's.....
Nice recipe for SPEED at the Brickyard..
Any INDY Fans out there??

RaceFace
05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Always a fan of anything with horsepower!!!!
Should be a great race with those speeds!!!

KineticoH20
05-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I've been at the race and all you see is a blurr at 200mph n the turns.
My cousins car was the first car at Indy to average 150 a lap.

71tahiti
05-11-2007, 07:17 PM
nascar at the brickyard run in the 170's..... Once you have seen a car go by you in the hi 230s YOUR NEVER THE SAME!!!!!:D

Napanutt
05-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Once you have seen a car go by you in the hi 230s YOUR NEVER THE SAME!!!!!:D
Kind of like NHRA...
250-260...Wow,thats fast!
320-330...JESUS FUKKIN CHRIST!!!

71tahiti
05-12-2007, 07:42 AM
IRL cars are at sustained speeds in the 220's....
IF your a go fast guy, You must experience the INDY 500 at least once..
300,000 people party. woodstock with fast cars:D Not a place to lose a drunk buddy.....:D
If anyone is heading to INDY and needs any info. just let me know.

charitycase
05-12-2007, 07:49 AM
:eek: If Tony George of IRL Fame and the guru's at Cart had half a brain they would open Indy to run what you brung of the two series, they are pretty close to same hp, style, instead of "field fillers" to make a 33 car show, they might have a total of 50 cars trying to make the field, may the quickest 33 make it, and you might have the best 33 out there driving in open wheeled cars.
I agree 100%.Indy used to be about the best, period.Now it's about corporate $$$.I never used to miss Indy,but now well,I'd rather be on the water.Just my .02

71tahiti
05-12-2007, 07:58 AM
I agree, I would like to see the merge BUT with the same equipment. IRL cars are normally aspirated, Cart runs turbos. And with the turbo's, there was always someone cryin about the "pop off" valves, that were issued to the teams to control boost, werent equal....ect...
IRL cars dont have the hi pitch sound of the cart cars.... i.e. no turbo
Deep HP sound..... Hot boaters music.....lol:D
Teams dont touch there engines... Factory engine leasing.
I wish GM,Ford, and Dodge would get back to the IRL. I wonder why they wouldnt want to compete with the others. These are smaller(non-exotic) engines that the technology could apply to there production engines..
Guess that why im not at GM.....:D
I think this yr is the first that will use 100% ethanol. Corn burners....:D
With Cart, It still is TEAM with $$$$$$ wins.... just like F1
My .02

71tahiti
05-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Doesnt sound like you guys have been to or seen an IRL race in a while...
Texas race is always amazing.. Cars so close in the turns that their wheels almost interlock. No fenders to make up for driver errors.... A mistake in an open wheeled car is usually a wreck.
Same teams win every wk in nascar. I like the engine rules but it is still Definately HE WHO HAS THE $$$$$$$$ usually wins the series and most of the races... plus to many races... I still enjoy watching them.
Planning a boating trip on Memorial wknd in Indiana is a CRAPS shoot....
So after freezing my a@@ off in the past, in a boat, on the lake, on memorial wknd, I just decided to go party with everyone else at the track.....:D

westair
05-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Fast friday at the brickyard was a fast one. Speeds well over 227 and the temp was in the low 80s. The New IRL hottie put it into the wall but is OK.
Should be FAST for pole day. No rain and temps in the mid to upper 70's.....
Nice recipe for SPEED at the Brickyard..
Any INDY Fans out there??
Never miss it! The only sporting event that I find a way to watch
where ever I happened to be... even with all the changes its still
great ... so much history

Fast Freddy
05-12-2007, 05:59 PM
i went to indy in 94' before the CART/IRL split and saw AL Unser Jr. win. i sat in the infield stands right at the end of pit row before turn 1. its an incredible race track that must be seen in person to appreciate. much better than nascar. i put it up there with the F1 races i went to in Phoenix in the early 90's.

MBlaster
05-12-2007, 07:01 PM
i put it up there with the F1 races i went to in Phoenix in the early 90's.
Ha thats some old skool. I went to each of the USGP's in Phoenix.
Remember when they used to bottom out and all the mag sparks destroyed the traffic signals. Senna in all his glory. Good stuff.:D

Fast Freddy
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Ha thats some old skool. I went to each of the USGP's in Phoenix.
Remember when they used to bottom out and all the mag sparks destroyed the traffic signals. Senna in all his glory. Good stuff.:D
yep. they were hitting the manhole covers on washington and jefferson streets. the sound reverberation of the engines off the buildings was shreakingly awesome! sennas V-10 was sic

racecar.hotshoe
05-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Fok Indy 10 years of hell month no more im free:D This will be the first one I have not been at ..............yahoo!

XtrmWakeborder
05-13-2007, 09:01 AM
This is one of the things I have to see in person before I die. I'll probably be on the lake during the race though.

rrrr
05-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Fok Indy 10 years of hell month no more im free:D This will be the first one I have not been at ..............yahoo!
I'm here working my azz off with your ex-driver.......he's a piece of work. Finally got a little speed out of it today. Engineer turned off his radio and told us to take out the downforce.....:D
Jeezus.........never heard a driver talk so much. "Ze car is nairvous".......:rolleyes:
Gonna have to qualify next weekend.
And I agree with what some have said....Indy is nothing like it used to be.

racecar.hotshoe
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm here working my azz off with your ex-driver.......he's a piece of work. Finally got a little speed out of it today. Engineer turned off his radio and told us to take out the downforce.....:D
Jeezus.........never heard a driver talk so much. "Ze car is nairvous".......:rolleyes:
Gonna have to qualify next weekend.
And I agree with what some have said....Indy is nothing like it used to be.
Stephan use to be good but then his little girl was born and he went to hell in a hand basket.Good luck and have fun.We had a very fast pit crew and that POS wouldn't let us do the pitstop completion cause he didn't want anyone else getting any limelight.Got to love those french guys.:cry:

wolfie
05-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Going to Indy was one of the "before I die" things I wanted to do. I lived for May. Once Tony George made it an IRL event the whole luster faded. It was better when it was open to everyone and you had people coming from all forms of racing. It wasn't for points, The first few spots didn't have to be IRL participants.
It hasn't been the same since and it will never be until it is back to being run by USAC as an open event. Just my .02 cents

Froggystyle
05-14-2007, 09:37 AM
One of our clients is Ricky Treadway from the 2000/2001 Treadway/Lyundyk Kyocera team. He is back there this week partying his brains out with the boat and at the track. I guess Kid Rock is going to be playing to a crowd of 300,000 folks this week, right?
He lives in Indy, and has a house on Geist Reservoir. Pretty tough to miss I guess. Need one of you Indy guys to keep an eye on the Revolution for us... ;)

Jbb
05-14-2007, 09:39 AM
One of our clients is Ricky Treadway from the 2000/2001 Treadway/Lyundyk Kyocera team. He is back there this week partying his brains out with the boat and at the track. I guess Kid Rock is going to be playing to a crowd of 300,000 folks this week, right?
He lives in Indy, and has a house on Geist Reservoir. Pretty tough to miss I guess. Need one of you Indy guys to keep an eye on the Revolution for us... ;)
Soon the whole Country will be ...revolutionized........:D
Hey Froggy...:)

rrrr
05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
The Rickster......LMAO :D Did he bring his entourage to SoCal? :D
Ricky is a good guy....he can party with the best of 'em. If I see him at the track I'll bust his chops about the Revolution, Wes.
I've been working on getting all tatted up for Kid Rock......:D

Froggystyle
05-14-2007, 10:34 AM
The Rickster......LMAO :D Did he bring his entourage to SoCal? :D
Ricky is a good guy....he can party with the best of 'em. If I see him at the track I'll bust his chops about the Revolution, Wes.
I've been working on getting all tatted up for Kid Rock......:D
He flew out a few folks to party... All were great folks. They came out for the Poker Run weekend and I delivered it to them in the channel!
Pretty cool you know him. He loves the boat and is already talking about getting a bigger engine. Apparently 90+ with a 550 isn't fast enough for him.
He does like to turn left though... ;)

Froggystyle
05-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey Froggy...:)
Get it... "Revolution"...
:D