PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris

Cheetahtunnel
05-12-2007, 05:29 AM
I was at lake perris on 5/5 and WOW:jawdrop: the lake has lost at least 100 yds of water on the launch ramp:eek: The Island is showing about 1/2 mile more of shoreline, power cove is dry, and now you can't even do a speed pass by the island, as they have made it a no wake zone for the bass fisherman.
I guess you can say its like launching in a bath tub, as you can only go in a cirlce on the dam side....

Pheelin Phroggy
05-12-2007, 05:45 AM
We have a nurse friend at Loma Linda... says they have at least ten waterborne infection cases a week coming from there in the summer. We won't get within 5 miles of that lake.

sleekcraft80
05-12-2007, 06:33 AM
We have a nurse friend at Loma Linda... says they have at least ten waterborne infection cases a week coming from there in the summer. We won't get within 5 miles of that lake.
I wouldn't put my boat in that lake. My boat might get a disease

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
05-12-2007, 06:43 AM
I was at lake perris on 5/5 and WOW:jawdrop: the lake has lost at least 100 yds of water on the launch ramp:eek: The Island is showing about 1/2 mile more of shoreline, power cove is dry, and now you can't even do a speed pass by the island, as they have made it a no wake zone for the bass fisherman.
I guess you can say its like launching in a bath tub, as you can only go in a cirlce on the dam side....
I was out there test driving our newest boat a couple months ago. Clean as it looked...yep, it was DOWN and bad. We then went to Elsinore a few weeks ago so the wife could ride the new boat and it was actually up.
I know...Smellsinore, etc. I feel like Jesus because I can walk on the water with all the crap floating there. Once the spring algae blooms, it's not too bad there.
I've been going there since I was about 9, so 25+ years later, I don't have a third limb growing out of my side, and the truth is, I believe the antibodies I've built up by being in that water is the reason I don't get very sick too often!!
As far as Perris, you can thank all your friendly neighborhood Sea Dooers for polluting the majority of the water with the mixed fuel. The bacteria level was also(a few years ago) 20+% higher than Elsinore, so what does that tell ya?
We keep one boat here for Elsinore and other local trips, and one boat in Vegas(at my buddies house) so we can hit the river and Mead.
I have a funny feeling that we'll be spending a lot more time at the river this year!!

meaniam
05-12-2007, 07:28 AM
i heard with the new water level you can actually see the diaper turning in you wake:eek: i had a bad ear infection from that place. i dont think lake lice is the problem. i have seen people use that place as a toliet. and the portable bathroom would be 30 ft downshore

OCMerrill
05-12-2007, 07:34 AM
The reason for the water level drop is the Earthen Dam has issues.
The recent problems with Prado Dam caused an inspection by the Army Core of Engineers of all the Earthen Dams in the area.
Perris was found to have some sort of issue and they had to drop 30% of the volume until its fixed.

Daddy_G
05-12-2007, 01:21 PM
That's because all the wonderful MoVal residents clean their nasty little rugrat's diapers in it!

catman-do
05-12-2007, 05:45 PM
The reason for the water level drop is the Earthen Dam has issues.
The recent problems with Prado Dam caused an inspection by the Army Core of Engineers of all the Earthen Dams in the area.
Perris was found to have some sort of issue and they had to drop 30% of the volume until its fixed.
Thats the same thing a park official told me. Also they were trying to correct some of the vegitation near the shores in order to keep some of the water moving more efficiently and not have the issues Elsinore was having in regards to stagnant waters. (BTW, you could NEVER do speed passes there, unless you were in a bayliner and your vision of speed is 35mph) They have a speed limit there and no high speed zone, and a bunch of cops with attitudes.

scooooter7
05-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Got pulled over a while back while in a buddies boat. Ranger said we were going 55 and to back it off to 35. Once he left my buddy looks at me and says "What a freaking jerk...we were doing at least 65."