PDA

View Full Version : Some people are Just Jackholes

r erfert
05-12-2007, 09:43 PM
A little long winded But has a good ending.:D
I sold my Jet boat last month and borrowed a friends I/O to clean it up and try to sell it for him.
So I get up today (Saturday) and get ready to take the boat out to the lake/river (I had the boat listed on Craigslist for sale for $2600)
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/350923.jpg
I get a call from a guy wanting to come look at it and I informed him we were packing headed to the water,He didn't think he had enough time to come look even though he was 5 miles away and we were going to leave in one hour......He thought that if I was headed by his trailer house down Highway 95 already could I just meet him in route somewhere in front of his park.......My first thought was What a Lazy sob, But called him anyhow when we got close to his house (after all It was up for sale)
The guy was 3-5 minutes late at the meet spot 1/4 mile from his house (again Lazy sob I thought) After he looks over the boat HE said IF I'M honest in the description and the boat checks out after I get back from the water HE would give me $2500.......I told him I had it listed for $2600 and would not take a penny less. He said he didn’t like being jewed??......Again I told him it was listed for $2600 not $2500 (maybe he read the ad wrong) He comes back with WELL I would just have to clean it up and resell it anyway.
What a Jack hole, Like I didn't bend over backwards already.......I thought about it all the way to the lake.
the guys name is John Carlisle (AKA Jack hole)
( 1-928-550-xxxx) I stopped by the nearest Pay Phone and I called John (Hello John...Yes....Your an A$$hole )
I feel better,and it just felt like the right thing to do :D ......Next time I have a bad day in general, I just have to call John
(HELLO JOHN...Yes....Your an A$$hole ):D

HCS
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Boozer??

MudPumper
05-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow....3 whole posts and you're already slamming people and posting their name and phone number in a public forum. Quality. I think you will fit right in here. :idea: :)

r erfert
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow....3 whole posts and you're already slamming people and posting their name and phone number in a public forum. Quality. I think you will fit right in here. :idea: :)
Actually had more post untill the site mixup?
Had to re register?

JetBoatRich
05-12-2007, 11:09 PM
:D Wow....3 whole posts and you're already slamming people and posting their name and phone number in a public forum. Quality. I think you will fit right in here. :idea: :)
Good stuff:D

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
05-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Well,
I just finished rubbing my boat out that I just bought to where I"m very happy with it. I know how back breaking the restore is, and nobody truly can appreciate what you've put into it unless they've ever done it themselves (I've done two)...however, you can't get all butt hurt when you're posting something for sale and somebody only sees what he saw in front of him.
Obviously he thought the thing was in worse shape than you did, he probably was just a lazy dick who would never actually "fix the thing up himself", and was probably just trying to minimize your work to get a better price.
Sitting there slamming somebody is one thing, but posting his number for no good reason is just assenine. Do you think somebody is going to go play big brother to you and beat him up??
You are the worst kind of salesman...one that can't accept that somebody just didn't want to buy what you had to sell.

JetBoatRich
05-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't think the guy was totalling out of line offering $100 less than listed :confused:

Boozer
05-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't think the guy was totalling out of line offering $100 less than listed :confused:
I agree 100%
I make it a rule to list things 10-15% higher then what I am willing to take for them so I have room to negotiate. People always want to feel as though they got a good deal and most people can't achieve that feeling unless they have been able to negotiate a better price then what was listed.

phebus
05-13-2007, 03:52 AM
What kind of I/O that you would feel worthy taking your family out on, is only worth $2600? :confused:

r erfert
05-13-2007, 03:54 AM
I don't think the guy was totalling out of line offering $100 less than listed
Doesn't cost anything and Never hurts to ask if the price can be lowered.......and Yes is usually negotiatable by 10-15 percent?
In this case I could have a boat to use for the summer, But see it more important to cash it out for my friend.....So it was not negotiate able.
I agree 100%
I make it a rule to list things 10-15% higher then what I am willing to take for them so I have room to negotiate. People always want to feel as though they got a good deal and most people can't achieve that feeling unless they have been able to negotiate a better price then what was listed.
The boat did sell and I put $100 into using it for one day (no biggy, had 50+ calls and 5 buyers lined up Saturday night when it came off the water.
The boat IMO would have brought $3,000+ cleaned up, So $2,600 was a quick sale and not over priced.

r erfert
05-13-2007, 04:15 AM
Well,
I just finished rubbing my boat out that I just bought to where I"m very happy with it. I know how back breaking the restore is, and nobody truly can appreciate what you've put into it unless they've ever done it themselves (I've done two)...however, you can't get all butt hurt when you're posting something for sale and somebody only sees what he saw in front of him.
Obviously he thought the thing was in worse shape than you did, he probably was just a lazy dick who would never actually "fix the thing up himself", and was probably just trying to minimize your work to get a better price.
Sitting there slamming somebody is one thing, but posting his number for no good reason is just assenine. Do you think somebody is going to go play big brother to you and beat him up??
You are the worst kind of salesman...one that can't accept that somebody just didn't want to buy what you had to sell.
Ok you got me I'll reply to your post :)
I too have been clenaing up boats/cars and what ever else for the last 30+ years or so......My stuff for sale I could care less if it sells or I keep using it?
Also don't need a big brother to beat him up :rolleyes: the guy was just being himself.
the worst kind of salesman...one that can't accept that somebody just didn't want to buy what you had to sell.
:) Again...My stuff for sale I could care less if it sells or I keep using it?

r erfert
05-13-2007, 07:26 AM
No but 3-5 minutes late? They should hang that sunovabitch before it happens again! Oh the humanity :D
LOL:)
No Chit Like we didn't have someplace to go....The water was calling :)
Him being retired and all must have some pressing things to do with his father at home (rocking chairs await) :idea:

Just foreplay
05-13-2007, 07:34 AM
The entertainment we get here, this is better than a soap...:D :D :D

Miss Perfect
05-13-2007, 07:41 AM
I only see one Jackhole in this story.....and it's not the guy that was 3 minutes late ;)

Kachina26
05-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Damn bro, I almost sharted in my pants! If not for that I would have been on time. I didn't realize you would get your panties in a wad over me trying to get a break on the price, most folks price stuff a little high in expectation of a little negotiating, I didn't mean to offend. But seriously, I think posting my name and number was a little over the top. Feel free to call anytime you need to feel like a big man though.

Moneypitt
05-13-2007, 08:14 AM
If you stop to think about it, there are always two opinions when trying to sell/buy a used car/boat. These are plainly opinions of value. Your opinion was 2600, his was 2500. I don't think you should feel insulted that his opinion differed from your's by 100 bucks!! And as mentioned, people usually price an item a little high in preparation for a little haggling. Based on that, I would've asked 3K, and worked the price a little, making the buyer think he drove your price down a few hundred......Who knows, he may have offered 2750 to your 3K asking price. Selling is an art, people that can sell pride themselves in their "art"......Not all of us are "sellers", some are good buyers, and some of us just can't seem to get that "deal of a lifetime", never in the right place at the right time. Same can be said for selling.............MP

Pheelin Phroggy
05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Damn bro, I almost sharted in my pants! If not for that I would have been on time. I didn't realize you would get your panties in a wad over me trying to get a break on the price, most folks price stuff a little high in expectation of a little negotiating, I didn't mean to offend. But seriously, I think posting my name and number was a little over the top. Feel free to call anytime you need to feel like a big man though.
hahaha... maybe while he is down there getting his "panties out" he could find his head and pull it out also.

Baja Big Dog
05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
You never mentioned the price in the ad said "FIRM" when you priced it, Im sure if you did have it in the ad you would have said it to further your case against this low life, piece of shit, scum bag, 3-4 minutes late asshole!!!
I should post my number and name here so you all can call me and call me an asshole, because if I would have offered you $2000, I dont care what the boat is worth, and yes I may have re-sold the boat to make some money, what do you care what he does it with the boat?
I wish the number was still posted, I would like to call him and congratulate him on his buying tactics!!!:mad:

73kona455
05-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I only see one Jackhole in this story.....and it's not the guy that was 3 minutes late ;)
i agree 100 %

OCMerrill
05-13-2007, 10:15 AM
This kind of crap always goes well for the thread starter doesen't it?:idea:
Over and over again....:confused:
Rex..or HH! I think we need another some sort of sticky pointing these folks to all the other threads like this that step right in the poop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/dumbass_logo.jpg

r erfert
05-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Well I guess you just had to be in my shoes that day :idea:
Trying to get ready to hit the water and this guy is too lazy to drive 5 miles to your house and look at a boat (knowing full well ) That I told him on the phone I had a serious buyer for $2600 when we got back to town....then him wanting you to go out of your way to meet him at his house for him to offer Less money becuase he wants to blow the dust off and re sell it for $3500?
His cell phone was cutting out and droping calls so bad he had to call back 4 times.....I was on the phone with him longer than it would have taken him to come look for himself.

Baja Big Dog
05-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Well I guess you just had to be in my shoes that day :idea:
Trying to get ready to hit the water and this guy is too lazy to drive 5 miles to your house and look at a boat (knowing full well ) That I told him on the phone I had a serious buyer for $2600 when we got back to town....then him wanting you to go out of your way to meet him at his house for him to offer Less money becuase he wants to blow the dust off and re sell it for $3500?
His cell phone was cutting out and droping calls so bad he had to call back 4 times.....I was on the phone with him longer than it would have taken him to come look for himself.
Oh well, that clears it up...my advise, let your "friend" sell his own boat, and dont bitch when someone attempts to, as you call it jew you down.
After reading your post the whole thing sounds like shit....
The boats on Craigslist, where? around O.C.? I took a quick look in the Ariz craigs and didnt find the ad, but what are the chances of of this guy beng 5 miles away from you at the river (or around Hwy 95)? He said if you were honest in your description he would give you $2500? You just said he looked at the boat, remember when he was 3-5 minutes late? That doesnt make sense to me.....
Are you lonley? You shouldnt post these on sunday's. too many folks like me sittin around watching Nascar and over analizing posts like yours....:confused:

r erfert
05-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh well, that clears it up...my advise, let your "friend" sell his own boat, and dont bitch when someone attempts to, as you call it jew you down.....:confused:
His words not mine.
The boats on Craigslist, where? around O.C.? I took a quick look in the Ariz craigs and didnt find the ad, but what are the chances of of this guy beng 5 miles away from you at the river (or around Hwy 95)? He said if you were honest in your description he would give you $2500? You just said he looked at the boat, remember when he was 3-5 minutes late? That doesnt make sense to me.....
The Boat was listed in the Phoenix listing as now that it sold has been deleted....5 miles from my house....Go back and re read it again you missed a few points.
Are you lonley?
LOL hot out today and me without a boat I have to catch up on the yard work :D taking a few breaks.
You shouldnt post these on sunday's. too many folks like me sittin around watching Nascar and over analizing posts like yours
Whats a nascar:D Just kidding IT's taping
My picture host cant seem to keep up a good picture so I'm done with this one:)

2Driver
05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
3 minutes late and a $100 off asking price, most of us can only dream of such buyers :rolleyes:
Let me guess the "jackass" probably wanted to give you cash too, the nerve of some people :D

HavaSkank
05-13-2007, 03:33 PM
3-5 minutes late, huh? What a irresponsible douche bag. It's a good thing you synchronized your watches, FBI style, during the initial phone call.
You have every right to post that rat-bastard's name and number. The NERVE of him trying to haggle on a relic boat. I avoid this type of character flaw by ALWAYS offering 22% more than the asking price. As a matter of fact I just paid $10.50 for a pack of gum so the clerk at Arco wouldnt think I was a cheap bitch. I tipped the pimple faced kid at Del Taco $5 out of fear my name and number would end up on HB

BoatPI
05-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Not to mention the fact that he offended people of the Jewish faith.

hoolign
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
100 bucks pissed you off??? , yet you sell it for 2600 when you could have gotten 3K?? with a lil elbow grease and some cleaners?? Not very bright there Boomhauer!:rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
05-13-2007, 03:49 PM
You never mentioned the price in the ad said "FIRM" when you priced it, Im sure if you did have it in the ad you would have said it to further your case against this low life, piece of shit, scum bag, 3-4 minutes late asshole!!!
I should post my number and name here so you all can call me and call me an asshole, because if I would have offered you $2000, I dont care what the boat is worth, and yes I may have re-sold the boat to make some money, what do you care what he does it with the boat?
I wish the number was still posted, I would like to call him and congratulate him on his buying tactics!!!:mad:
So you are a piece of shit also? :D :D Look in my profile the # is there..........( . )( . )...........