PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Toyota

Powerquestboy
02-09-2006, 06:14 PM
WTF is the deal with the pricing? I looked at a 06 prerunner Tacoma, cloth interior, no sunroof, not even the upgraded stereo just your basic whip. It did have tint, small lift, nice tires on 18 inch wheels, skid plate etc. Keep in mind this truck is used...only 1700 miles but still was the daily driver of the dealership owner for a few months or so. Great truck, looks great but the kicker is they want 38K for this baby!!!!! He said he could take 6K right off the sticker but still 32K for a little mini truck! Sticker on these things new without all the lift and stuff is like 30-31K
I know these are amazing automobiles and they sell the hell out of them but you can get a full size chevy or ford for that kind of scratch. I have also been looking at the new Audi A4 & Lexus IS 250 They are all in that low 30's price range but they are pretty well loaded, leather, sunroof, etc. I just dont get it? Am I only only one that thinks this is strange?

ROZ
02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Want to pick one up from Ontario, Ca. ? ;) :cool: It will be painless...

Powerquestboy
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Ontario is a little far from scottsdale but it might come to that...I'll keep you posted. Both Audi and Lexus cant find me a car because I want a Manual. Thats why I branched out to look at the toyota. I just had some serious sticker shock.

Broke_Richard!
02-09-2006, 07:31 PM
If you went to Right Toyota, ask for John Bordouge. He might be able to hook you up.

Powerquestboy
02-10-2006, 06:33 AM
If you went to Right Toyota, ask for John Bordouge. He might be able to hook you up.
Thats funny, I did go to right Toyota! They were very nice but I kept telling him their was no way I would spend more for a mini truck than I did for my Loaded Yukon XL.

PHX ATC
02-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Waaaaaaaaay overpriced, yet some schmuck will pony up the cash for it.
Try Lexus, you'll be impressed. Superstition Springs Lexus is where I shop and they've always treated me right. Besides, my daughter and I swing in on a moments notice, raid the sandwich bin and pop/water cooler and roll on out.

Big Kahunaa
02-10-2006, 07:33 AM
I went looking for a new mini truck same thing i'm not going to pay $24,000 for a standard cab, no power, 4cly, 5 speed, truck

sorry dog
02-10-2006, 07:54 AM
I think part of the problem is the mini truck doesn't look so mini anymore...looks more Dakota or T100 sized.

Powerquestboy
02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Waaaaaaaaay overpriced, yet some schmuck will pony up the cash for it.
Try Lexus, you'll be impressed. Superstition Springs Lexus is where I shop and they've always treated me right. Besides, my daughter and I swing in on a moments notice, raid the sandwich bin and pop/water cooler and roll on out.
Thats the thing, they sell the hell out of these things! The salesman told me they dont ever offer any incentives of finance deals on the Tacoma because every dad in america is snapping these things up for their 16 year kids as fast as they can make them.
Where is superstition Springs Lexus? I went to Bell Lexus last night but didnt have anything to even look at in the IS 250.

Stoneman
02-10-2006, 09:13 AM
I went looking for a new mini truck same thing i'm not going to pay $24,000 for a standard cab, no power, 4cly, 5 speed, truck
I just priced one on toyota.com. 16k and change! Do your homework!
I get toyota's at a couple of hundred over or sometimes under invoice. check out edmunds, carsdirect and other sites. deal with the sales manager or fleet manager.
My 05 Double Cap Tundra has a V8, pwr everything, it's an SR5 line. paid 23k.

rivercrazy
02-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I also purchased an 05 Tundra double cab SR5 4X4 pretty much loaded for $26.5K. Do some more shopping around.

ROZ
02-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I get toyota's at a couple of hundred over or sometimes under invoice. check out edmunds, carsdirect and other sites. deal with the sales manager or fleet manager.
I'm waiting for my uncle to let me know when he's doing a "special" promotion again... I'll get the same truck for about 19k :cool:
My cousins already got theirs, my bro-in-law is next, then I follow :D
John Elway's Crown Toyota Ontario (800) 276-9699 extension 207
Danny Zendejas is the Fleet Manager ... Let him know Gil's Nephew Chris sent ya! :D

Powerquestboy
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM
The problem with pricing this stuff online is does that truck exist? On the lexus website they have a great deal on IS 250's with the manual tranny, however its almost impossible to find one. The dealer told me he has only seen a couple. Most of them are automatics, with navagation etc. Same thing at Audi, they have great deals on a "nicely Equipt A4" but the dealer hasnt been able to find me one in 2 months. They all have the teaser ads for a car thats a screaming deal, but if you want a seat and a steering wheel the price starts to go up.
Tundras they are giving away because its not a very popular truck, especially if its not a 4x4. The Tacoma is a whole different story.

ROZ
02-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Tundras they are giving away because its not a very popular truck, especially if its not a 4x4. The Tacoma is a whole different story.
Must be a az thang... Tundras are moving pretty good off the 3 dealerships I have knowledge of...

PHX ATC
02-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Thats the thing, they sell the hell out of these things! The salesman told me they dont ever offer any incentives of finance deals on the Tacoma because every dad in america is snapping these things up for their 16 year kids as fast as they can make them.
Where is superstition Springs Lexus? I went to Bell Lexus last night but didnt have anything to even look at in the IS 250.
Pretty much a haul for you...Power and the US60 fwy. Good dealership, family owned (one guy, not necessarily his family) and not owned by Penske or the Sun Auto Group (which maybe the same thing, I haven't bothered to look). They treated me right through 2 vehicles and may or may not have the IS with a manual tranny.
Like anything, it's a gamble on who you talk to, some know their stuff, others don't.
I've had good luck there though. Not impressed with Bell or SDL Lexus and Chandler is a joke.

JB in so cal
02-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm waiting for my uncle to let me know when he's doing a "special" promotion again... I'll get the same truck for about 19k :cool:
Danny Zendejas is the Fleet Manager ... Let him know Gil's Nephew Chris sent ya! :D
Damn. Complicated line of succession you've got there...

Powerquestboy
02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Must be a az thang... Tundras are moving pretty good off the 3 dealerships I have knowledge of...
Yeah thats what the guy told the other night. They have great lease deals, good finance deals on the Tundra but nothing on the Tacoma. He also said that with new fullsize Toyota coming out, they are trying to get rid of all the old tundras. WHo knows if its true, thats just what I was told. I'm so sick of looking for a car I'm about ready to put a license plate on my Banshee and make it my commuter car.

Stoneman
02-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Just talked to Danny, he says he is going to hook me up! Thanks!! I owe you a few cold ones.

PHX ATC
02-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Just talked to Danny, he says he is going to hook me up! Thanks!! I owe you a few cold ones.
He only takes cases. :)

AzMandella
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
And all this is why I have never bought a new vihicle in my life.I just keep looking in the auto and truck traders till I find what I'm looking for.I bought my 1999 F-250 SD-PSD 4 x 4 with 32,000mi on it with 68,000 mi and 4yrs left on the warantee for 22,500$ for a truck that was 37,000$ new.Hell let someone else take the 10,000$ depreciation for rolling it of the lot.I even bought a 27,000$ camper that was less than 1 yr old and was used only 4 times for 15,5000$.Hell the generator only had 4 hrs on it.You just have to be willing to be patient and check on the web every day and be ready to jump on it.