PDA

View Full Version : Hey quad guys, need opinions..

Baja Big Dog
05-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I own an off road tour company operated in Baja, we typically rent motorcycles only, but the demand for quads has risen, wives want to ride, guys that don't ride bikes that wasn't to enjoy the tour etc...
Were gonna get some quads, what are the hot quads, don't want racers....need elec start, reverse, automatic, not too heavy, and somewhat easy to handle, dont think 4 wheel drive would be required, but it wouldn't hurt, we buy used so older ideas would help (2-3 years old..).
Whadda you think, am I looking for the chocolate covered radish?

rvr_d8
05-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I own an off road tour company operated in Baja, we typically rent motorcycles only, but the demand for quads has risen, wives want to ride, guys that don't ride bikes that wasn't to enjoy the tour etc...
Were gonna get some quads, what are the hot quads, don't want racers....need elec start, reverse, automatic, not too heavy, and somewhat easy to handle, dont think 4 wheel drive would be required, but it wouldn't hurt, we buy used so older ideas would help (2-3 years old..).
Hey....Why only ask the guys? My daughter in law and I have an older (95) Blaster and like it alot.....and we are still just kinda beginners at it. just a little FYI

Kokopelli
05-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Got the perfect one in the spam section. For what you want, you probably want 250's with reverse and automatic. They are very durable.

redneckcharlie
05-13-2007, 10:14 AM
You may want to consider which manufacturers you can buy parts for in the area your going to use the quads. Especially when looking at slightly used and older units. Most of the big name guys are fairly reliable anymore, but theres always going to be that one little part you need in a pinch.:)

Pheelin Phroggy
05-13-2007, 10:52 AM
polaris trailboss 330's are comfy, fairly inexpensive, and can handle 250+ pounders with relative ease... wife had one and loved it, i used to ride it for a nice soft fun time.... I ride a Predator 500... but that would probably hurt any typical tourist.

RiverDave
05-13-2007, 12:50 PM
polaris trailboss 330's are comfy, fairly inexpensive, and can handle 250+ pounders with relative ease... wife had one and loved it, i used to ride it for a nice soft fun time.... I ride a Predator 500... but that would probably hurt any typical tourist.
I was going to suggest some older polaris's as well.. They make fully auto quads that are still kinda "sporty."
RD

RitcheyRch
05-13-2007, 12:55 PM
The older Yamaha Warriors are very nice.

revndave
05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
I would get quads that are auto shift if used for rentals.Gas and go style.

SLOWMAN
05-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree this Polaris 330 are the way to go. Fully automatic, electric start and has reverse. Just change the oil (automotive screw on type) every x hours of operation. Not to much power to get the tourise in trouble yet get you going pretty good, I think top speed is about 45 and thats full throttle on a dry lake bed. And yes very comfy and big wide seat.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-13-2007, 04:45 PM
For the application you mention, the Can Am 250 would be perfect.
Auto, elect start, supurb ride, easy on the thumb throttle,, perfect for what you mention:
They've been out a few years so used should be appearing on the market.
Also consider the Yamaha wolverine 350/ 450 automatic trans model.
Some people we know sell them and move up to the Kawi 700, also auto with reverse.
http://www.can-am.brp.com/en-US/Vehicles/DS250/

ahhell
05-13-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/IMG_2822.jpgwe have a yamaha wolverine 350 that was rather inexpensive and its a gas and go with reverse, Im 275 and it pulls my ass around no problem, also have a honda 500 foreman and its an auto/shift goes anywhere..about 4500-5000k each new

termiteguy
05-13-2007, 05:22 PM
honda 250 look sporty auto shift no cluch needed yamaha makes a 250 like that as well

TAF
05-14-2007, 08:05 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/IMG_2822.jpgwe have a yamaha wolverine 350 that was rather inexpensive and its a gas and go with reverse, Im 275 and it pulls my ass around no problem, also have a honda 500 foreman and its an auto/shift goes anywhere..about 4500-5000k each new
Mine's a 4x4 and will go nearly anywhere:sqeyes: love it! W/ winch it would:idea:

bchbum
05-14-2007, 08:25 AM
My wife has a Polaris Trailblazer , with me 210 lbs & one of my twins 100 lbs it runs very good . They were even driving it when they were 10 . The thing is so easy to learn & use . Had to replace the battery after 5 years , only time it didn't start .