View Full Version : 26 Stealth Update

ULTRA26 # 1
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
John,
Any updates on the new 26 Stealth?
JM

DMVQUEEN
05-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Yes, inquiring minds would like to know.;)

SHAKE N BAKE
05-13-2007, 07:12 PM
I am new to the boards. I have always liked Ultra. I am shopping for boats. I really like the 27 Shadow, but would be interested to see what the 26 Stealth will look like. A V bottom may be the way to go with what I have heard about insurance.

shippingguy
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I am new to the boards. I have always liked Ultra. I am shopping for boats. I really like the 27 Shadow, but would be interested to see what the 26 Stealth will look like. A V bottom may be the way to go with what I have heard about insurance.
Welcome to the boards. If you keep the power to a minimum the insurance will not be too bad.
Mike

SHAKE N BAKE
05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
My insurance is just about $6,000/year with a 5 month layup. Some folks will reccomend that you be less than 100% honest when applying for insurance. I think that is the worst idea. Make sure to be honest with your insurance agent about the boat, its HP and top speed. the last thing you'd want is to be left standing alone when you need to use your insurance.
Thanks for the advice. I would never lie to them. I am looking at doing just a 525 so I should be alright.
Dave

DEMOMAN
05-14-2007, 04:57 AM
With a 525 in a 27 you should be right around $1200 per year.

sigepmock
05-14-2007, 05:03 AM
With a 525 in a 27 you should be right around $1200 per year.
I would agree with this. We made the switch to a cat and love it. Can't really see a reason we'd ever go back to a vee.
oh yeah...let's see some updated pics of the 26.....I'm really looking forward to see how JW incorporates the canopies.
Chris

catman-do
05-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Im paying 960 per year with a 496HO no layup.
With what UltraJohn said in respects to 6k w/ 5mo layup. You also need to keep in mind that he has some serious power, so if you keep it tame on the power dont let that 6k number deter you.

sponger_2
05-25-2007, 01:48 PM
is there a difference in price for longer lay ups? and also what does that exactly mean? thanks

KineticoH20
05-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I would agree with this. We made the switch to a cat and love it. Can't really see a reason we'd ever go back to a vee.
oh yeah...let's see some updated pics of the 26.....I'm really looking forward to see how JW incorporates the canopies.
Chris
Damn it Chris, you should have told me not to build the 24 after all you were drawing yours 15 mins before me. Now I want out of it and into a Shadow:rolleyes:

DEMOMAN
05-26-2007, 08:43 AM
is there a difference in price for longer lay ups? and also what does that exactly mean? thanks
A lay up is a set time period during the year that you agree not to run your boat, say from Oct- thru May. The longer the layup the less risk for the insurance company. I have only heard of using a layup on real high performance engines I am not sure if the insurance companies offer them for stock type power.

DEMOMAN
05-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Will the new 26 be ready in time for the regatta?

raff
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Any word on how this one is coming along? :idea:

25Elmn8r
07-11-2007, 10:36 AM
A lay up is a set time period during the year that you agree not to run your boat, say from Oct- thru May. The longer the layup the less risk for the insurance company. I have only heard of using a layup on real high performance engines I am not sure if the insurance companies offer them for stock type power.
they do offer layups with stock power. We had a 3 month layup on ours originally. We now have no layup and are under the 1k mark per year.

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Any word on how this one is coming along? :idea:
The plug is done. They are just finishing the final buffing stage right now. We will be laying up the molds starting next week. I expect to have the first one out of the mold by the end of August. I am trying to get one done in time for the Powerboat evaluations in September. I'm sure I will have one done for the Hot Boat evaluations in October. I haven't posted any pictures of the plug, because it is kind of hard to imagine what it will look like right now because it doesn't have the canopy on it (in other words- it doesn't look very attractive right now without the canopy).

raff
07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the up date John, still can't wait to see this one,
do you know the dates for the October shoot?
Sara and I will be there for a week, 10/6-10/12. maybe we can check it out then.
BTW the 32 looks really good, just a little out of our league.;)

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the up date John, still can't wait to see this one,
do you know the dates for the October shoot?
Sara and I will be there for a week, 10/6-10/12. maybe we can check it out then.
BTW the 32 looks really good, just a little out of our league.;)
That's usually right about the time the tests are.

raff
08-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Any updates and pic's of this one yet?
Still looking forward to see it.:idea:

theman
08-25-2007, 10:30 PM
John West sounds like every other boat builder out there. It sounds fishey to me about this new 26 that know one has ever seen. I have been watching the progess on the new 32 but is this 26 for real or another promise that has been put on the back burner to make thease boat builders look alot bigger then they really are? Just food for thought!!!!

Ultracrazy
08-26-2007, 06:08 AM
John West sounds like every other boat builder out there. It sounds fishey to me about this new 26 that know one has ever seen. I have been watching the progess on the new 32 but is this 26 for real or another promise that has been put on the back burner to make thease boat builders look alot bigger then they really are? Just food for thought!!!!
If you have ever dealt with John and his crew your would know that his company, and him, is not like the "others". I think you're "fishing" for something other than an update.

raff
08-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I talked to John at the boat show back in Feb. Seen the pics of the plug and it looks to be coming along. I think the first one should be done some time in Oct. Time will tell.
BTW, nice first post:idea:

shippingguy
08-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Think what you want. I was with JW most of the day yesterday and last night. They pulled the top and it is being sent to Dana to get fitted for all of it's billet and then to the canopy manufacturer to finish the once piece canopy. Also, That is fine if you feel other boat builders have made promises that never came true, but Ultra never has. There is alot to tooling involved on this new 26. Are you going to order one or are you just here to talk shiat and kick tires?
Mike

Johnwithjm
08-26-2007, 07:21 AM
John West sounds like every other boat builder out there. It sounds fishey to me about this new 26 that know one has ever seen. I have been watching the progess on the new 32 but is this 26 for real or another promise that has been put on the back burner to make thease boat builders look alot bigger then they really are? Just food for thought!!!!You might want to get the facts right. The 26 is very real they should be building the first one this week. If you do not think so give us a call or come on by to take a look for your self. Nice first post and welcome to the board.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Your 1st post wasn't even food for a guppy. Obviously you don't know anything about John West, or for that matter, many other custom boat builders.

theman
08-26-2007, 08:43 AM
If you have ever dealt with John and his crew your would know that his company, and him, is not like the "others". I think you're "fishing" for something other than an update.
I have never dealt with John and sorry if it came across as if i was trying to stir the pot. It just seams weird to me that the 32 pics are posted almost once or twice a week. I have never seen a pic of the 26 and could be due to the fact that i have only been on the boards for a short amount of time.
Can anyone post a pic of it?

ChumpChange
08-26-2007, 11:58 AM
I have never dealt with John and sorry if it came across as if i was trying to stir the pot. It just seams weird to me that the 32 pics are posted almost once or twice a week. I have never seen a pic of the 26 and could be due to the fact that i have only been on the boards for a short amount of time.
Can anyone post a pic of it?
John answered your questions already in this thread why a picture has not been posted. When the canopy is done, a picture will be posted. This forum is actually quite easy once you start reading posts before responding. :idea:
The plug is done. They are just finishing the final buffing stage right now. We will be laying up the molds starting next week. I expect to have the first one out of the mold by the end of August. I am trying to get one done in time for the Powerboat evaluations in September. I'm sure I will have one done for the Hot Boat evaluations in October. I haven't posted any pictures of the plug, because it is kind of hard to imagine what it will look like right now because it doesn't have the canopy on it (in other words- it doesn't look very attractive right now without the canopy).

voodoomedman
08-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Quit stopping the drama with all this factual information. I was looking forward to this section becoming more like the Sandbar! :D
<----looking forward to seeing both of the new boats finished.

theman
08-26-2007, 09:47 PM
John answered your questions already in this thread why a picture has not been posted. When the canopy is done, a picture will be posted. This forum is actually quite easy once you start reading posts before responding. :idea:
The canopy is not done on the 32 but we still see pictures of it. Please don't take it as i'm trying to make ultra look bad but i have bought custom boats in the past and have had nothing but problems. The reason why i'm in this forum is because i like the looks of Ultra and thinking of buying one very soon. The problem is i'm in texas and cant just swing by the shop...

theman
08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
You might want to get the facts right. The 26 is very real they should be building the first one this week. If you do not think so give us a call or come on by to take a look for your self. Nice first post and welcome to the board.
This is funny how you just tell me to get my facts strait. I came to this forum to get some answers. I'm a cattle man in texas and have driven two or your customers boats that are dairy farmers (not dropping any names) if you know who i'm talking about then you understand that I can afford one of your boats.

KineticoH20
08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
This is funny how you just tell me to get my facts strait. I came to this forum to get some answers. I'm a cattle man in texas and have driven two or your customers boats that are dairy farmers (not dropping any names) if you know who i'm talking about then you understand that I can afford one of your boats.
You come in here without filling out your personal page, don't introduce yourself and start running your mouth about this company and it's owner and can't understand why your not taken seriously. If you were at all serious about finding out about a certain boat you would have called the manufacturer and simply asked. Isn't there a Bayliner dealer near you? damn cow tippers:mad:

theman
08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
You might want to get the facts right. The 26 is very real they should be building the first one this week. If you do not think so give us a call or come on by to take a look for your self. Nice first post and welcome to the board.
You come in here without filling out your personal page, don't introduce yourself and start running your mouth about this company and it's owner and can't understand why your not taken seriously. If you were at all serious about finding out about a certain boat you would have called the manufacturer and simply asked. Isn't there a Bayliner dealer near you? damn cow tippers:mad:
Cow tipper? You must be pissed off that your new home in "Chino Hills" is sitting on top of cow Sh!*t that we made alot of money from your home builder telling you the smell will go away. At least your grass is green.

voodoomedman
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
The part I like best is about being able to afford one of the boats. When I first met John D. (JohnwithJM) my wife and I were all of 23 and probably looked like just a couple of kids that couldn't afford the free poster of the boats we were looking at. While most manufacturers wouldn't give us the time of day John and Bob answered all our questions while we were crawling through the boats and telling them that it would probably be a couple years or so but we like to plan ahead of time. I think it was less than two months later I was in his office ordering my boat. Come in with respect and be treated with respect.

theman
08-26-2007, 10:53 PM
The part I like best is about being able to afford one of the boats. When I first met John D. (JohnwithJM) my wife and I were all of 23 and probably looked like just a couple of kids that couldn't afford the free poster of the boats we were looking at. While most manufacturers wouldn't give us the time of day John and Bob answered all our questions while we were crawling through the boats and telling them that it would probably be a couple years or so but we like to plan ahead of time. I think it was less than two months later I was in his office ordering my boat. Come in with respect and be treated with respect.
Thank you.. I came in here pissing people off but i tried to explain myself and thease guys still take low blows.
The real question is do i really want to be part of the Ultra family if this is how it is???

voodoomedman
08-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Thank you.. I came in here pissing people off but i tried to explain myself and thease guys still take low blows.
The real question is do i really want to be part of the Ultra family if this is how it is???
It's not how it is. Go back and reread your first post. It does come off as bashing and there is plenty of that on this website. I suggest giving either John a call at the shop and you'll get all the info you want in a friendly manner. Put yourself in their shoes. You came in kinda negative and then when you didn't get the response you would have like you basically said "Do you know who I am and how much money I have?" That was the part about me liking about being able to afford a boat. Anyways, good luck with the boat search whatever you get but hopefully it's an Ultra.

theman
08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
It's not how it is. Go back and reread your first post. It does come off as bashing and there is plenty of that on this website. I suggest giving either John a call at the shop and you'll get all the info you want in a friendly manner. Put yourself in their shoes. You came in kinda negative and then when you didn't get the response you would have like you basically said "Do you know who I am and how much money I have?" That was the part about me liking about being able to afford a boat. Anyways, good luck with the boat search whatever you get but hopefully it's an Ultra.
Fair enough!!! I'll makes some phone calls. No sence dragging this on any longer I'll just use this as a learning curve.

shippingguy
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Fair enough!!! I'll makes some phone calls. No sence dragging this on any longer I'll just use this as a learning curve.
Once you make those calls you will see for yourself that Ultra and the staff are not like any other builder out there. There are some good builders out there and some bad. Ultra is definitley on the short list of good ones and when I say good I mean build quality and most importantly CUSTOMER SERVICE after the sale.
BTW if you join the Ultra Family you will not be disappointed. Ultra owners are a great group of people. Good luck with your research and keep us posted on what comes about. If you do order one hopefully we will see you at the Regatta next year.
Mike

Ultracrazy
08-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Once you make those calls you will see for yourself that Ultra and the staff are not like any other builder out there. There are some good builders out there and some bad. Ultra is definitley on the short list of good ones and when I say good I mean build quality and most importantly CUSTOMER SERVICE after the sale.
BTW if you join the Ultra Family you will not be disappointed. Ultra owners are a great group of people. Good luck with your research and keep us posted on what comes about. If you do order one hopefully we will see you at the Regatta next year.
Mike
Look at you being all PC and sh!t.........:D

shippingguy
08-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Look at you being all PC and sh!t.........:D
Well you know:) :D

ULTRA28
08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I believe I had posted a few pictures of the 26 when we began tooling it. The problem is, that when it came further along, it became harder for people to understand what it will look like completed because it does not have the canopy on it yet. The size of the boat will not look balanced until completed. I will more than likely do the same with the 32. Once we get to a point where the boat needs the canopy to look right, I will stop posting pictures.
I will see if I can find some pictures of the plug with the canopy on it and post them.
I will be posting pictures of a completed 26 Stealth before the end of September.

sigepmock
08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I believe I had posted a few pictures of the 26 when we began tooling it. The problem is, that when it came further along, it became harder for people to understand what it will look like completed because it does not have the canopy on it yet. The size of the boat will not look balanced until completed. I will more than likely do the same with the 32. Once we get to a point where the boat needs the canopy to look right, I will stop posting pictures.
I will see if I can find some pictures of the plug with the canopy on it and post them.
I will be posting pictures of a completed 26 Stealth before the end of September.
Well there you go. :D I've known John for a while now and can say he's never lied to me....or even stretched the truth. In fact he's the opposite.....he's more likely to understate something.
I think it's pretty stand up of John and Ultra to come on here and post pics of their boats in the design and tooling stages. Anyone who has ever brought a new product into existence knows there a lots of changes along the way and that it's a TON of work. Now John and Ultra are trying to bring TWO new boats along and I can't even imagine how much sleep they are all losing through this process.
I think it's been said already....if you are really interested in the status of either boat feel free to call Ultra and chances are John West will take the time to talk with you personally and let you know exactly where they are at.
Good luck with the boat search and don't be afraid to ask questions in this forum....just understand that those of us that already own Ultra's know how good we have it and how the team at Ultra goes far and above that of the average manufacturer ....so forgive us if we seem a little defensive....we've got a great thing going and take offense to shots being taken at the people who have done so much for us :)
Chris

ULTRA28
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Here is the last picture of it with the canopy being fitted. The plug is far from complete in this picture, but it gives you an idea of what it will look like. This picture was taken April 13th, so you can imagine how far it has come since then. We now have completed molds and have product out of the mold.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/plug-003.jpg

ChumpChange
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
The canopy is not done on the 32 but we still see pictures of it.
But the canopy doesn't go on the bottom of the boat! :eek:

ChumpChange
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
If you want a ride in a 24 and are near W. Plano, I can get you a ride any weekend out of the year.

theman
08-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Here is the last picture of it with the canopy being fitted. The plug is far from complete in this picture, but it gives you an idea of what it will look like. This picture was taken April 13th, so you can imagine how far it has come since then. We now have completed molds and have product out of the mold.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/plug-003.jpg
Thanks for all the feed back. After seeing the plug of this boat it looks like A rockit!!! That's what i wanted see from the get go. NOW MY BLOOD IS PUMPING

theman
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
If you want a ride in a 24 and are near W. Plano, I can get you a ride any weekend out of the year.
Thank you for the offer but i have been in a 24 already and that is one smooth boat. I do want a bigger boat and I'm the type of guy that wants to to stir the pot a little.
Whith that said i do feel alot better about Ultra for the simple fact that the customers belive in the product and the owners are willing to meet customer demands.
Thanks John for posting a pic!!!!

rvrtoy
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
One thing you can count on from JW is the fact that he has a very artistic eye and a knack for what people will buy. Nice job once again John.

ULTRA28
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey Steve, how's it going? I just had a customer ask about Faith (and you) today. How's she doing? and the rest of the family.
Mr. S.B. came in the other week and ordered a 27 Shadow with a Teague 900 for his new place being built up there by you.

rvrtoy
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Things are going fairly well up here. Faith is doing fantastic with the exception of a couple of short hospital stays due to low potasium. She hasn't been on IV antibiotics in nearly 7 months now. Where as before she seemed to be on them every 3 months or so.
Things are obviously going well for you with 2 new models on the way. Congrats.
It's about time S.B stepped up! R.B was out doing him for to long! By the way, just a thought...I could really use Ultras support with my FPC warranty programs and GAP products! Had to throw that in there and make sure I am doing my job.
How is the family doing? Say Hi to everyone for me!

ULTRA28
08-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Things are going fairly well up here. Faith is doing fantastic with the exception of a couple of short hospital stays due to low potasium. She hasn't been on IV antibiotics in nearly 7 months now. Where as before she seemed to be on them every 3 months or so.
Things are obviously going well for you with 2 new models on the way. Congrats.
It's about time S.B stepped up! R.B was out doing him for to long! By the way, just a thought...I could really use Ultras support with my FPC warranty programs and GAP products! Had to throw that in there and make sure I am doing my job.
How is the family doing? Say Hi to everyone for me!
R.B. ordered a 32 with twin Merc 700s. S.B.s brother ordered a 27 with a Teague 800. So it's going to be a busy winter.
I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you. Everything is good with the family here.
Give me a call this week so we can go over the FPC thing.

rvrtoy
08-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I will give you a call by the end of the week. I have appointments booked up to my eyes and am traveling to Salt Lake City over the next couple of days.

ULTRA28
08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Here are some shots of the first deck we pulled from the mold last week. We cut it up to send it out to be patterned for billet and the final fit for the canopy. We cut it into three sections. The back will go to Dana for vents, swim steps, and ski tow. The middle will go to Aero Marine for the canopy. The nose will go to the tooling shop to use the center feature on the new 32.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/cut-up-deck.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/rear-cut-up.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/side-cut-up.jpg

sigepmock
08-30-2007, 10:31 AM
WOW!....that looks bitchen!:D

raff
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
looking good and seems to be coming along nicely.