PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Race Results,Entiat,Washington

CircleJerk
08-05-2002, 07:53 AM
Wow,we had a blast this weekend with a perfect 11 flats and 1 tunnel v-drive!! Six Ski circles and six faster circle boats competed on a short oval on the Columbia River with wind gusts up to 25 mph! The chop was 8 to 18 inches and I dont know what was in the corners cause I couldnt slow down enough to tell! All I knew was it was wild and exciting. Competition was intense in both classes with near flips in every corner partially due to the narrow three pin turns and competitive drivers sqeezing each other into less than their legal lane. Two violaters received stern warnings but there were no bumps or paint sharing! Former Champion George Nordling almost repeated his Banks lake slim victory but was passed twice by a 1969 Hallett driven by Mark the Muffler Man to finish 2nd overall. Mark received his second first place in two races and flew this old K-boat with 22 gears and 13-1 427 Chev power. Third place went to me, the Jerk, in my Barron Sprint 396 and Ron's SS79 Barron gave me my best race ever with each of us slipping out of turns letting the other pass on the inside. Ron was only in his second race and drove the old K-boat,Tequila Sunrise, to fifth overall. That is one trick, rare piece! The PS69 Sanger EARNED fourth place with some skillful, conservative driving and kept the candy colored 19'beauty right side up! Great job Mikie!
The Ski class featured 2 Raysons,a Lavey, Sleekcraft, Schiada,and Ford powered Wickens Aqua-craft and these guys looked like veterans nailing the starts and flying over chop with only a trim tab handle! Don won the class in a Rayson followed by Evans Sleek, Robins Lavey, and Andy's hauling OurX 429 powered Rayson was fourth only due to engine problems on Sunday. Steve in his Schiada returned after a years absense with his beautiful purple-flake hull to find the competition is much faster than last year!! We missed you Boat Guy and Mr.Wickens buy we GAINED two new boats: a 1971 Jones Starfire SK680 and a 1970 Continental show winner and I forgot a 1964 Tolley Woodie.I also forgot: George's Sanger runner bottom was sold to a new racer from Spokane and plans to team up with him at the Record Regatta Sept 21 in Moses Lake! It just keeps getting better. That's one flat-bottoms opinion. Jerk

blondie#1
08-10-2002, 06:46 AM
Circlejerk? I hear a rumor that there might be around 24 boats at Moses Lake in Sept? Do you now what kind of boats? I haven't talked to you lately. Keep us informed.

blondie#1
08-10-2002, 06:47 AM
Hey! Where are the Wurtz's? When you going to put your two bits in? eek!

raysonman
08-10-2002, 11:27 AM
We're here-often reading, but seldom heard! Tearing down the engine today to see how broke we are...and how broke we will be. Soon the news will be public!

superdave013
08-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Hey Jerk, I'm loving all of the reports. Sounds like you guys are getting some fun stuff going that every one can come out and play.
How about posting some pics sometime??

Snark
08-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Not trying to be a a jerk about this but tell me about about the v drive tunnel. I have to know it's not mine but that's a coincidence. Ouch!

jim davis
08-11-2002, 06:13 AM
Snark, That is a wierd deal , but it's not your boat. It's a sleekcraft with a transmission and a good running 427 that takes the ruff water like it was glass, A rather unfair advantage with 25mph winds and side traffic on the mighty columbia river. We are all looking for your boat. Sorry

CircleJerk
08-11-2002, 08:37 AM
superdave013:
Hey Jerk, I'm loving all of the reports. Sounds like you guys are getting some fun stuff going that every one can come out and play.
How about posting some pics sometime??SuperDuperDave: You are also one of my favorites! AS you can tell there is a little age difference between us but with a little more v-drive experience I hope to become just like you!!!I would love to post pictures but our hard drive is too small to accomplish this. If I mail you some can you or would you like to post them for all to see? Being an old drag racer, both cars and boats, I have to say I have never had so much fun as we have the last two years. It has been a lot of hard work with writing and postage-video costs and listening to all the input from anyone with a flat, but I figured if I could get a large number of boats in one place the fun would begin and the spectators would come. My own Field of Dreams. It was a natural that folks would respond to nostalgia but I wasnt sure our local racing club could put up with us. Afterall we have stolen the show from the outboards and have our own say in the rule making process. We are now, not to brag, the largest growing class within the AOF with over 24 full or part time racers and this is more than i had expected. From the email I receive I expect to see racers from all over the states to either drive to Wa. or start their own deal in their neighborhood! I just cant get enough of seeing 12 v-drives lined up TOGETHER with driver and helmets ready to ROCK and ROLL and the excitement is addictive!!! We hope to expand with the local APBA super and pro stocks and join to have a HUGE flat-bottom only drag and circle race combined, like days of old!! If the powers that be, can't come to an agreement then I am happy to race as we are, but with the capsule rule looming who knows? Maybe there is someone out there who could, in their official capacity, shed some light on this and still remain annonimous???? Why don't they want dozens of new racers?? Long winded Jerk over and out......but not upside down!!!!!! :p

CircleJerk
08-11-2002, 09:05 PM
andy wurtz:
We're here-often reading, but seldom heard! Tearing down the engine today to see how broke we are...and how broke we will be. Soon the news will be public!Handy Andy: Good to hear from you! Any hookers cruising around at Entiat? I love the seldom heard comment! When can I get an appointment for a cleaning? Wish I could cheer you up a bit! Its a bummer to loose a friend much less a hard chargin 429 that was winning races and pulling skiers!! Mark said he had a friend with 2 or more engine cores! Cheap! Jerk.... :p

jim davis
08-12-2002, 04:50 AM
Jerk, Here is a report on Don"s new moter/ride. Has megga power but a water leak between head and block he can't figure out. Has to work on loosening up the boat, sets too low and porpoises! Wants to throw his t-ram to be melted down and get a good single manifold. Dean wennt down with Lavey and had ato be towed back by yours truly behind Carol's jet ski. Could be a threat with more seat time { Donald's ) When is the flat meeting? Jimmy D

blondie#1
08-12-2002, 05:21 PM
jim davis:
Jerk, Here is a report on Don"s new moter/ride. Has megga power but a water leak between head and block he can't figure out. Has to work on loosening up the boat, sets too low and porpoises! Wants to throw his t-ram to be melted down and get a good single manifold. Dean wennt down with Lavey and had ato be towed back by yours truly behind Carol's jet ski. Could be a threat with more seat time { Donald's ) When is the flat meeting? Jimmy DThe meeting is Thursday 8?15/2002 at H & S Marina at 6pm. Please be there. It's veeeery important.