PDA

View Full Version : New Owner needing help

HTM SR-24 Mitch
05-13-2007, 06:22 PM
I have just purchased a 2001 HTM SR-24. AMAZING condition inside and outside and runs a good 76 mph. It has a 496 Mag with a 3 1/2 ProCharger.
The questions I have is where can I find "Do it Yourself" help? I own a 1999 Hummer "H1". So I know about maintance!
I'm trying to keep this boat as new and well maintained as it looks with out paying a place when I could do it. If there is any help in the WEST part of Phoenix..like near Lake Pleasent, I would love some friendly advice or a site that I could read up on.
THANKS FOR THE HELP!! See Everyone in Havasu for Mem. Weekend!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Can't help you, but welcome to HBForums! Congrats on your ride. :)

TCHB
05-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Mercury Maintenance Manual
Service the outdrive
Gear oil change
Grease Fittings
Inspect all rubber boots
Remove drive and inspect gimbel, u joints, engine alignment
Water pump replacement
Change engine oil and filter

Chico&Zeus
05-13-2007, 09:00 PM
HTM huh? Let us know when you are going out to Pleasant..................So I can stay home that day!:D :D :devil:

locogringo
05-13-2007, 09:20 PM
HTM huh? Let us know when you are going out to Pleasant..................So I can stay home that day!:D :D :devil:
That statment is about as classy as a trailer trash ho trying to keep her legs together; you read it and you jsut want to shake your head in disgust.
On another note;
Welcome Mitch. Sounds like a good boat. Learn the curves on it though because it takes some getting used to (like those old Porsches).

DMOORE
05-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard. Like tchb said, a merc manual will go a long ways.
Darrell.

Chico&Zeus
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
That statment is about as classy as a trailer trash ho trying to keep her legs together; you read it and you jsut want to shake your head in disgust.
Cool, that just upped my "Internet Asshole Rating" by like 6 points....:D
Seriously dude, if you're ever out at humbug, come on over for a beer.

TRIMMIN
05-14-2007, 05:26 AM
More important than maintenance you may want to do a search here on how these boats turn. Also where to buy Lifeline life jackets. Good luck with the new ride.

prosthogod
05-14-2007, 06:24 AM
You all amaze me with your comments about HTM. I've had one for 4 yrs now and it is great. My family and all our friends(who own magics) love it. They've all been towed in by it. If you drive irratic in any boat you will have scary moments, just like a car. I have a Viper and not everyone can drive it. You have to know how to handle your machine and it takes seat time. Just keep up on the maintanance and you will be fine.

HTM SR-24 Mitch
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Welcome aboard. Like tchb said, a merc manual will go a long ways.
Darrell.
So where can I find these Merc. Service Manuals?
As far as turning....Who turns at 80 MPH? I like to go in a straight line....I'll slow down to turn.

TCHB
05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Call any mercury dealer and they will be able to order you one.
I did tow a HTM in one time.
He had a 1000HP Blown motor that broke a belt.

20" gun's
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey! It was nice to meet you. Did you talk to Doc about your steering? Keeping your boat nice is not that hard. Your paint looks good keep it good with some hot sauce they make some interior cleaner that is pretty good too. Change the oil, change the oil, Change the oil, If i was you i would not drive that boat to hard to much. with a 496 MAG that is blown. From what i understand the mag engine is just not made to be blown. HB has some engine builders on here that could answer that better for you. Talk to DOC he knows his shit. It would be worth your time to have him look at it and show you what to do. See you on the water.

beaverretriever
05-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new boat, you will have a ball with it.
You may want to check out the Cats and Tunnels, blowers and gear head section. The search feature works well when you have a question. Most of the time it will get you to the info you are looking for.
Hope to see you out on the water. :)