PDA

View Full Version : Dumbasses on the water in Havasu

Phat Matt
05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
The weather was great this weekend in Havasu and it wasn't overly busy. I ended up having a head cold all weekend but I figured I could be sick on the couch or sick on the water...so I chose the water.
Now on to the dumbasses.
I was headed up to the sandbar from steamboat. Just past copper canyon I was passing a magic deck boat on the left. The family was hugging the az side and was plenty far to my right. I was going about 75 when this dumbass must have realized they just missed copper canyon make a quick left without looking. I had to back off the throttles and turn right to avoid the t-bone. They never looked at me and have no idea this even happened. Dumbass!
Now on to dumbass number 2. We ended up anchored and tied up to about 5 boats on the inside of the sandbar because we couldn't get a beach area. A guy in a shockwave with red flames from the bow back (25 I think) into white comes cruising throw not on a plane throwing a wakeboard wake. How do you not have some common courtesy to other boaters. It took all we could to keep the boats from violently crashing together even with big fenders out. If you or a kid wasn't paying attention something could have easily been crushed. I wanted to take a pic but I was too busy holding my boat away from the others. You sir are also a dumbass.
So did anyone else see any dumbasses this weekend?
Phat Matt...posting from my phone on the 10 cuz Jen is driving. :)

Hardly Satisfied
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Matt, there are also a few too many DumbAsses out there. Sad to here this, but glad no one was hurt or Killed from what happend in front of you.

MR.rvrluvr
05-13-2007, 08:50 PM
had a jet ski about push me into a rock wall coming back from Topock, had to pull all the way out of the throttle to avoid hitting him. Guess he really wanted to get that sandy beach...
after passing the sand bar on the same run had a little jet boat decide he wanted to make a right turn infront of me,,Azzhole ....wouldn't want to look over your shoulder or anything .........oh well I am always on the defensive in the boat....I trust nobody.....
Be safe out there guys and gals, with the channel at limited parking and not to many other places to go, There will be alot more people cruzin ......:eek: :confused: :idea: :)

DMOORE
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I was just cruising up river on Sat , when TWO duma$$e$ on jet skis heading the other way, who were chasing each other, decided to cut infront of my bow. I had to completely come off plane and turn to the left. Not ONE even knew I was there. IDIOTS!
Darrell.

OCMerrill
05-13-2007, 09:19 PM
They should hand out their cards...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/dumbass_logo.jpg

Throttle
05-13-2007, 09:31 PM
dumbass number 2... should be changed to complete f'n moron for his new name!
I had stepped away from my boat and saw this happening and could not run / swim fast enuf to get back before it wa too late... I am so glad we did not suffer any damage to each other Matt... I still dont know how we got so lucky... thankfully your crew and 1 left on my boat was able to hold everthing... arg....:mad:

Riomouse911
05-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Every time I motor past a beach, I gots one hand on the wheel and the other on the horn. Last run I needed it 2x to get the attention of a sea dooer who was riding head-up-ass and had no idea I was passing on her right. More and more, my head is on a swivel every time I run the boat.

Cole Sanger
05-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Saguaro always has people flying up the lake in the no wake zone. Drives me crazy. There is a rock wall across from the beach area in the back that people jump off. I am just waiting for the day someone flys around the corner in the no wake zone and hits someone. I vote for boating drivers licenses or mandatory boating education classes. If you know what you are doing, the classes/license should not be too hard. Keep the dumbasses to a lower limit that way.

Phat Matt
05-13-2007, 09:49 PM
dumbass number 2... should be changed to complete f'n moron for his new name!
I had stepped away from my boat and saw this happening and could not run / swim fast enuf to get back before it wa too late... I am so glad we did not suffer any damage to each other Matt... I still dont know how we got so lucky... thankfully your crew and 1 left on my boat was able to hold everthing... arg....:mad:
I saw the rollers coming and warned the boats down the line. Then pushed away as hard as I could. I really wanted to chase the guy down and ask him if he know WTF he was doing. :mad:

Anthony78vdrive
05-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I know you were little upset when that guy in the magic deck boat cut in front of you, but did you sound your horn to let him know you where there?
Have you ever taken a boating coarse? If you have you should know you are to sound your horn 2 short to pass on port and 1 time for starboard side. I know almost know one dose or at least I haven't heard anyone sound there horn to pass, nor dose the guy your going to pass. So all i got to say is calling him a dumbass can go both ways for the other guy not looking and you not sounding your horn and keeping a safe speed around him.
Just my .02

Phat Matt
05-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I know you were little upset when that guy in the magic deck boat cut in front of you, but did you sound your horn to let him know you where there?
Have you ever taken a boating coarse? If you have you should know you are to sound your horn 2 short to pass on port and 1 time for starboard side. I know almost know one dose or at least I haven't heard anyone sound there horn to pass, nor dose the guy your going to pass. So all i got to say is calling him a dumbass can go both ways for the other guy not looking and you not sounding your horn and keeping a safe speed around him.
Just my .02
Please. If you are going to drive your deck boat like a sea doo and turn across traffic without looking to make sure it is clear, you are a dumbass.
Also I couldn't afford the horn option. :)

Kaotic
05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
:) [QUOTE=Phat Matt;2558100]
Now on to the dumbasses.
I did pass a nice DCB with wackers as I was leaving the sandbar Saturday afternoon and a nice DCB with hot chicks (Killtroy of course:) was coming around the bend headed to the sandbar. Directly behind him was an Eticket, with sausage fest going on, but as always the 1 blonde hottie was on the boat making up for the lack of chicks. Eticket should ask buyers if the boats will be used as a sausage fest before selling anymore of them.:D
We seen you earlier in the day by the Naked Turtle and I did say hello to you. But my babe to guy ratio must have been too high since you ignored the hello?:confused:
My son did the Eticket graphics on the new Eticket RC 28, and many of the other Etickets out there. Justin, Art In Motion. Did he also do the graphics on your boat? Your boat looks really nice, and sounded great as we passed outside of the sandbar!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
05-13-2007, 11:07 PM
DAM glad I stayed home

YeLLowBoaT
05-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Please. If you are going to drive your deck boat like a sea doo and turn across traffic without looking to make sure it is clear, you are a dumbass.
Also I couldn't afford the horn option. :)
bad part about when stuff like this happend is, if you hit him its YOUR FUALT...

djunkie
05-14-2007, 03:09 AM
This all just sounds like any day on Havasu. Hell I don't think I have ever been on the water there when some fuktard didn't cut me off. Just have to be looking out for them cause they're not looking out for you.

cowboykenny
05-14-2007, 03:50 AM
I have got into it with a couple of people for their stupidity or lack of boating knowledge they both were cocktailing. I wish pople driving the boats would leave the drinking to the passengers or until the boat is on the trailer. They hurt the responsible boaters. Plus almost anybody can finance a boat or sea-doo.

Havasu Hangin'
05-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Yeah...I know what it's like to have someone in the channel back out in front of you.
:notam:
People cut me off all the time- I guess they figure with two engines, I can stop twice as fast?

cc322
05-14-2007, 04:35 AM
They are all over the place especially in Havasu, Sad thing is they just let anybody drive a boat.

LuckyStrike
05-14-2007, 06:06 AM
The weather was great this weekend in Havasu and it wasn't overly busy. I ended up having a head cold all weekend but I figured I could be sick on the couch or sick on the water...so I chose the water.
Now on to the dumbasses.
I was headed up to the sandbar from steamboat. Just past copper canyon I was passing a magic deck boat on the left. The family was hugging the az side and was plenty far to my right. I was going about 75 when this dumbass must have realized they just missed copper canyon make a quick left without looking. I had to back off the throttles and turn right to avoid the t-bone. They never looked at me and have no idea this even happened. Dumbass!
Now on to dumbass number 2. We ended up anchored and tied up to about 5 boats on the inside of the sandbar because we couldn't get a beach area. A guy in a shockwave with red flames from the bow back (25 I think) into white comes cruising throw not on a plane throwing a wakeboard wake. How do you not have some common courtesy to other boaters. It took all we could to keep the boats from violently crashing together even with big fenders out. If you or a kid wasn't paying attention something could have easily been crushed. I wanted to take a pic but I was too busy holding my boat away from the others. You sir are also a dumbass.
I Think Dumbass #1 was flying a plane Friday Night around PHX...Is so...They Are Looking For You !!

hoolign
05-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Just my .02
I doubt the guy in the toon would have known what that meant anyways. Isn't checking for oncoming/overtaking boats before turning part of that same course???? :idea:

chase8
05-14-2007, 07:47 AM
I'll jump in on this one. Stopped in the unloading area to throw the wife and kids in the boat, and prepare it for launch.
I was next in line to pull down the ramp when this hillbilly pulling a 1969 hydroswift cuddy pulls on around me and backs down the ramp. I have no problem with this if you are ready to put in, but this guy pulls 3/4 the way down the ramp, and then decides it's time to remove the travel cover, prep the boat, and shoehorn his 305 lb hefer into the boat, along with her 6 Kentucky Fried Chicken eatin relatives, several dogs, coolers (probably filled with Pabst) and gravy. There are also no lines painted at this ramp as a lane reference, so instead of pulling next to the other vehicles that are launching he backs right down the center blocking 2 lanes. Fortunately for both the hillbilly and myself, I have been sticking to a steady regimen of rum and coke which seems to take the edge off of dealing with the idiots of day to day life. Please don't use the ramp as a boat prep and loading area.

Baja Big Dog
05-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I'll jump in on this one. Stopped in the unloading area to throw the wife and kids in the boat, and prepare it for launch.
I was next in line to pull down the ramp when this hillbilly pulling a 1969 hydroswift cuddy pulls on around me and backs down the ramp. I have no problem with this if you are ready to put in, but this guy pulls 3/4 the way down the ramp, and then decides it's time to remove the travel cover, prep the boat, and shoehorn his 305 lb hefer into the boat, along with her 6 Kentucky Fried Chicken eatin relatives, several dogs, coolers (probably filled with Pabst) and gravy. There are also no lines painted at this ramp as a lane reference, so instead of pulling next to the other vehicles that are launching he backs right down the center blocking 2 lanes. Fortunately for both the hillbilly and myself, I have been sticking to a steady regimen of rum and coke which seems to take the edge off of dealing with the idiots of day to day life. Please don't use the ramp as a boat prep and loading area.
So look at the big expert...my wife only weights 292!!(before her morning shitt!) and whats wong with Pabst???:D

chase8
05-14-2007, 08:09 AM
So look at the big expert...my wife only weights 292!!(before her morning shitt!) and whats wong with Pabst???:D
You don't have to be an expert to be courteous, and i'm truly
sorry about your wife and taste in beer.

460 jus getn it
05-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Lake lice guys are the worst. I had a guy cut right in front of me saturday, to make matters worse he turned around and thought it would be cool to see how close he could get to the transom. Well 5k rpm and a 5 foot tail later he probally wont ever do that again. They have no sense and im suprise with what i saw saturday someone didnt get killed at the lake i was at.

justfloatn
05-14-2007, 08:36 AM
I HATE THAT GUY:mad:
He's the same guy who floats 10' off the launch ramp when his truck & trailer are at the end of the line to get off the water!:mad: :devil:

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 09:07 AM
:) [QUOTE=Phat Matt;2558100]
Now on to the dumbasses.
I did pass a nice DCB with wackers as I was leaving the sandbar Saturday afternoon and a nice DCB with hot chicks (Killtroy of course:) was coming around the bend headed to the sandbar. Directly behind him was an Eticket, with sausage fest going on, but as always the 1 blonde hottie was on the boat making up for the lack of chicks. Eticket should ask buyers if the boats will be used as a sausage fest before selling anymore of them.:D
We seen you earlier in the day by the Naked Turtle and I did say hello to you. But my babe to guy ratio must have been too high since you ignored the hello?:confused:
My son did the Eticket graphics on the new Eticket RC 28, and many of the other Etickets out there. Justin, Art In Motion. Did he also do the graphics on your boat? Your boat looks really nice, and sounded great as we passed outside of the sandbar!
Sorry if I didn't say hi. I usually talk to everyone. I was running a fever in the morning and did feel to great so sorry.
My friend Russ did the design of my boat. His company is in my sig.
My sausage fest was 3 guys and 2 girls. I guess you could throw Buddy my dog in and add one more dude.

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 09:14 AM
That guy was 2 weeks ago at Windsor. He was in a cobra and blocked the ramp instead of pulling forward. Then he loaded up his boat, people, took off his straps... I was like WTF but didn't lay on the horn or say anything. Didn't feel like starting shit at the beginning of the day.

Anthony78vdrive
05-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I doubt the guy in the toon would have known what that meant anyways. Isn't checking for oncoming/overtaking boats before turning part of that same course???? :idea:
Yeah I'm sure he wouldn't but at least he would have know someone was around, unless his stereo was cranked up. Its unfortunate, but if he would of hit him it probably been his fault. I'm sure the guy in the toon took the same boating class as most PWC operators do, you know the one were they teach you to turn first and look later.:sqeyes:

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
You guys say "sausage fest" like it's a BAD thing.
Carnivorous chicks dig it

OverKill
05-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Hey guys as we can all see here there are alot of careless people on the water these day's. I can give you all some great advise. Get yourself a MILLION DOLLAR UMBRELLA with your insurance company. They don't cost much and will save your ass in the long run. I think I paid $350 for the year. It sure put my mind at ease after I puchased this policy. So if someone want's to be on a sucicide misson and cut you off just smile and give your insurance card to the family's attorney and you will be on the water the next day. Just my MILLION DOLLARS. :D :D

Coded-Dude
05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I see dumbarses everyday....on and off the water.
(I see more of them on the roadways, then the waterways)
I have to count to 10......a lot!

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah I'm sure he wouldn't but at least he would have know someone was around, unless his stereo was cranked up. Its unfortunate, but if he would of hit him it probably been his fault. I'm sure the guy in the toon took the same boating class as most PWC operators do, you know the one were they teach you to turn first and look later.:sqeyes:
They weren't in a pontoon. They were in a 28' Magic deck boat.
Also my left hand is on the wheel, the right hand is on the throttles, my head is on a swivel. Where am I supposed to hold the horn?
Matt

sleekcraft80
05-14-2007, 11:08 AM
You guys say "sausage fest" like it's a BAD thing.
Carnivorous chicks dig it
I see where your mind is at.:D

sleekcraft80
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
A few years back I decided to go out to Perr..ass lake to take my dad fishing. When we were getting ready to put the boat on the trailer a dumbass tried to get his PWC trailer between my trailer and the motorhome next to me. He hit my trailer first pulled up then backed into the motor home. The guy on the PWC apparently saw this and hauled ass and put it on the trailer and the guy pulling the trailerspun his tires to get out of there before anybody could catch them. I was in the boat and when I got my boat out of the water, those lake lice were long gone.:mad: :mad:

BDMar
05-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I have one of those air horns in the drink holder by the passenger front seat. It is the job of the passenger to have one hand on the horn at all times. I will never pass anyone anymore unless I know that the driver knows I am there. I have had people 90 deg turn in front of us too many times.:mad: :mad:
There was this one time at midnight on our way to Copper Canyon and this guy in a blue and white E-Ticket...............:)

sleekcraft80
05-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I have purchased a pair of SS trumpet horns for the boat I am puting together. I hope that will get somebodies attention!

That Guy
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Now on to the dumbasses.
See, you can't go to the lake without us or bad things happen...:D Sorry you had a couple of problems...but you are both safe and that is what matters....:)

OutCole'd
05-14-2007, 12:55 PM
They weren't in a pontoon. They were in a 28' Magic deck boat.
Also my left hand is on the wheel, the right hand is on the throttles, my head is on a swivel. Where am I supposed to hold the horn?
Matt
Was this the Magic that cut you off? This guys a moron!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2271nobirdBoat_sig.jpg

DILLIGAF
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Up at Mohave when we see a dumbass we send them down to Havasu :)

Deano
05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Last week a dcb pulled onto my brothers trailer to load up at the ramp,lol. He told him to leave it and he'll trade.:D

chase8
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
That guy was 2 weeks ago at Windsor. He was in a cobra and blocked the ramp instead of pulling forward. Then he loaded up his boat, people, took off his straps... I was like WTF but didn't lay on the horn or say anything. Didn't feel like starting shit at the beginning of the day.
Ya, sometimes it's better not to say anything. It's usually a waste of time arguing with them anyway. Besides, his wife probably would have kicked my ass!

Cole Sanger
05-14-2007, 01:49 PM
That dude gets around. He is always at Saguaro lake. He was just there a couple of weeks ago except he was in a wakeboard boat with 8 KFC kids. Did the exact same thing on the ramp.

MR.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
That dude gets around. He is always at Saguaro lake. He was just there a couple of weeks ago except he was in a wakeboard boat with 8 KFC kids. Did the exact same thing on the ramp.
Boy with as many boats as this guy has you think he could do a better job launching....:D

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 04:11 PM
There was this one time at midnight on our way to Copper Canyon and this guy in a blue and white E-Ticket...............was hauling the mail right next to us. His boat looked pretty damn sweet. Then we kicked in CC. What a great night. :)
Yes it was. Can't wait for the next full moon. :D

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 04:16 PM
See, you can't go to the lake without us or bad things happen...:D Sorry you had a couple of problems...but you are both safe and that is what matters....:)
Can you turn your spa in Havi off from Cali with a remote or something? I think I left it on. LOL. ;)

Warlockjer
05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Up at Mohave when we see a dumbass we send them down to Havasu :)
I think you have sent us enough!!:D

Xlration Marine
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Saguaro always has people flying up the lake in the no wake zone. Drives me crazy. There is a rock wall across from the beach area in the back that people jump off. I am just waiting for the day someone flys around the corner in the no wake zone and hits someone. I vote for boating drivers licenses or mandatory boating education classes. If you know what you are doing, the classes/license should not be too hard. Keep the dumbasses to a lower limit that way.
Eh,maybe. But these same bumbasses are on the 60,202santan,202
redmountain,101 east side,101 west side, 247 maricopa,17 black canyon, 10 west, 10 east, 17 south. And
every bloody ass steet in between.

Xlration Marine
05-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh yea and the 87 on the way to the lake.

plaster dave
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Just my .02
You must have been driving that Magic because if you turn in front of someone or change lanes then the accident is your fault.

Doctor Feniks
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
you sir.....are a dumbass.
sounds like a bumper sticker.

BDMar
05-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Yes it was. Can't wait for the next full moon. :D
LMAO!!! Me too!

Phat Matt
you sir.....are a dumbass.
sounds like a bumper sticker.
Maybe I should trademark it. :)

Phat Matt
LMAO!!! Me too!
Get your bucket of bolts put back together or just jump on mine. :D
You can hold the horn. :D

BOBALOO
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Matt, I dont know if you could see us from that far back:D but the SAME guy made a sharp turn in front of us and we had to get off the throttles and turn pretty sharp to miss him. Was he pretending to tow an invisible innertube or something:hammer2: Maybe I shoulda blown my whistle at him:D

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Matt, I dont know if you could see us from that far back:D
The boatless bitch rides in a fast boat and get's all cocky now. You do realize you now have to get twin 525's on the new one right? :D

ClownRoyal
05-14-2007, 07:36 PM
How about all those dumb-asses in DCBs trying to pass everyone and look cool:eek:

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
How about all those dumb-asses in DCBs trying to pass everyone and look cool:eek:
Key word. lol. ;)

BOBALOO
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
The boatless bitch rides in a fast boat and get's all cocky now. You do realize you now have to get twin 525's on the new one right? :D
Angie wants 600's
I'm gonna buy a big ass floating island like Frenchie's . Do you think I could rig up a sail to it? what if I tied it to a mooring in the channel:D I see fun things happening.

kap
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Plasterdave:
Kinda surprised your posts aren't the bashing type.
Dude--- you flunked boating class :D :D
wrote;
You must have been driving that Magic because if you turn in front of someone or change lanes then the accident is your fault.
However, if you sound the horn and vessel fails to maintain a proper lookout then the above may be true SEE RULE 3.
Anthony78vdrive has a better grasp of the rules of navigation than most people. I'd rather have a boater who knows the rules than someone crashing into you or my family. Any questions see me when you repeat boating school and pass.
KAP
P.S. Don't go hating because your wrong.

ClownRoyal
05-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Key word. lol. ;)
NICE. LOL.
Saw you guys rafted in steamboat Saturday. Was going to do a fly by but could't get it up to 2mph. :)

RiverRatMike
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Now on to the dumbasses.
See it all the time in Parker. Dumbasses in "BOATS" boating up river on the wrong side :confused:

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Angie wants 600's
I'm gonna buy a big ass floating island like Frenchie's . Do you think I could rig up a sail to it? what if I tied it to a mooring in the channel:D I see fun things happening.
That thing is pretty sweet. I didn't realize there was a net in the middle. I almost swam under it to get in. Glad I didn't. :)

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
NICE. LOL.
Saw you guys rafted in steamboat Saturday. Was going to do a fly by but could't get it up to 2mph. :)
Next time come tie up. I'll bust out the fenders. I'm not a hater. :D

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Plasterdave:
wrote;
Absolutely not true!!!!!! It is the responsibility of the person passing to make sure the other boater see's you when your passing. Hence, that is why you are suppose to sound the horn.
This is law on the sea and every navigable waterway in the continental US.
However, if you sound the horn and vessel fails to maintain a proper lookout then the above may be true SEE RULE 3.
Anthony78vdrive has a better grasp of the rules of navigation than most people. I'd rather have a boater who knows the rules than someone crashing into you or my family. Any questions see me when you repeat boating school and pass.
KAP
Well there you have it. Lake lice and people who refuse to look before you turn have the right of way.
From now on I am going to bob and weave, and zig and zag because I can. If anyone tries to pass me you better sound your horn or it's your ass. :)

kap
05-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Well there you have it:
Next time you should just crash into the Magic and put a bumper sticker on them.
Yes! thats right when you pass you have the duty to stay clear even when you pass [lake lice], especially at high speed with a 4,000+ pound boat with no brakes.
When your passing you have the duty to watch out for the Dumb-ass's and expect the unexpected.
After 10,000 posts great attitude :eek:.
KAP

Kilrtoy
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Regardless of what people think or say, YOU NEED TO LOOK AT ALL TIMES.
I know people have blown past me while im at speed, like I was standing still. That is why I am always looking over both shoulders every 15/20 seconds or so. These are probably the same dumbasses that tow at 95MPH and cross over the double yellows to pass

Kilrtoy
05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Well there you have it:
Next time you should just crash into the Magic and put a bumper sticker on them.
Yes! thats right when you pass you have the duty to stay clear even when you pass [lake lice], especially at high speed with a 4,000+ pound boat with no brakes.
When your passing you have the duty to watch out for the Dumb-ass's and expect the unexpected.
KAP
Completely understandable if you are passing a few feet off the clowns port side..
But when the clown makes hard manuvers for no reason what so ever, it is dangerous, This clown in the magic did the same thing to me, just before he did it to Phatt Matt and I was no where near him heading up past copper canyon...

plaster dave
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
That’s right I don’t bash anyone, but I still feel if you are not close to the person or vessel i.e."300'-1000'" away you should not expect someone to turn in front of you at speed and be responsible for hitting them because they are stupid and do not look before they turn.
I have been on the river driving 70 plus and was scared shitless when someone came out of nowhere and passed me about 15' on my port side and his buddy was on my other side 2 sec. later at over 100 just below the lower sand bar but I drive in a straight line for that reason. I always look before I turn because when I was younger we had jet skis and I had a close call when I was 11 “1985” not looking before you turn. If I was in an accident it won’t be alcohol related because I am usually the only one on the river that does not drink at all ever! I have other people’s lives in my hands and would never risk their safety.
P.S. I am not a plaster because I was good in school. I have failed a test or two.:D:D
Plasterdave:
wrote;
Absolutely not true!!!!!! It is the responsibility of the person passing to make sure the other boater see's you when your passing. Hence, that is why you are suppose to sound the horn.

kap
05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Kilrtoy wrote:
Regardless of what people think or say, YOU NEED TO LOOK AT ALL TIMES.
That is the unwritten rule to go by and the response I was expecting.
It is unfortunate that Phatmatt had this experience. However, it will be more common place with an increase in boaters all confined in a small space ie.. Lake Havasu vs. ocean.
I come off plane all the time when lice start playing games off my bow ie. weaving. How many times have we passed someone who wasn't even aware they were being passed. I constantly look over my shoulder to see if someone is approaching. Yet rarely see others looking back when I approach on the port side. When they do look back, I acknowledge the glance because he/she knows were I am and gain confidence this driver knows what they are doing.
Defensive boating is key---driver meetings for most poker runs--- tell crews to make sure they are looking out for the quote dumbazz's for the sake of everyone.
Appreciate the response Kilrtoy
------
Respectfully,
KAP

Chubby4Life
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Just my .02
These laws were on the books long before the thru exaust, big horsepower boats of today. Between the air blowing by at 60+ MPH, and a loud motor pushing 4000+ RPM you can't hear the person next to you, let alone a boat 2-3 hundred ft. behind you sounding 1 or 2 horn blasts. I guess if I t-bone someone I'll just say "well, I gave 2 short blasts." Obviously, the boating world and it laws need to change a little, don't you think?

Phat Matt
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Well there you have it:
KAP
Obviously I was at a safe distance to avoid hitting the person in question. I wasn't riding his ass nor was I right next to him.
And WTF does my post count have to do with my attitude?
I can give you attitude if you like...Jackass.

plaster dave
05-14-2007, 10:03 PM
These laws were on the books long before the thru exaust, big horsepower boats of today. Between the air blowing by at 60+ MPH, and a loud motor pushing 4000+ RPM you can't hear the person next to you, let alone a boat 2-3 hundred ft. behind you sounding 1 or 2 horn blasts. I guess if I t-bone someone I'll just say "well, I gave 2 short blasts." Obviously, the boating world and it laws need to change a little, don't you think?
Yes I think they do.

Kaotic
05-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Must not be your DCB. You are always asking me to let you take off 15-20miutes before me so that I am not having to wait for you at the other end. :D
Or the fact that I do keep your tow rope stored on board all of the time so you know I will be there to tow you back.
Did you see my DCB Vessel Assist on the side of the boat last weekend?
Thanks for the BBQ Mike, the girls enjoyed it!

MADDOG355
05-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Lake lice guys are the worst. I had a guy cut right in front of me saturday, to make matters worse he turned around and thought it would be cool to see how close he could get to the transom. Well 5k rpm and a 5 foot tail later he probally wont ever do that again. They have no sense and im suprise with what i saw saturday someone didnt get killed at the lake i was at.
We have the same problem here. I have noticed when there are 2 or more together, one trys to get you to make a sharp turn so the rest can jump the bigger wake from the turn.
We were riding down the river and had to pass through a busy area so I trimmed the tail down all the way trying to no hit anyone with it and keep from being a distraction. There were a couple of lake lice floating just outside the main river channel and I saw one of them point at me, as I got closer he hit the gas to shoot out infront of me and I hit the up button and the gas :jawdrop: :jawdrop: he changed his mind REAL quick.
Here there are not alot of performance boats so when people see one they get easly distracted, A friend of mine almost lost his pontoon becouse they were floating and two jetboats went by and everyone ran to the back of the boat to watch :jawdrop: The motor went completely underwater !!
The most common one is overtaking a family in there rented boat. Dad and mom in the front seats watching for logs, and staying pretty close to the right bank trying to keep out of the way of other boats, kids in the back looking around and see a couple of jets overtaking them on the left side Daddy Daddy LOOK!! Dad jerks his head around to see what is going on and as he does he jerks the boat to the left :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
Sorry for the rant.

ratso
05-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Plasterdave:
wrote;
KAP
That's funny... when my Merc is turning anywhere from 5 grand to 9 grand depending on what speed I'm cruising at, or my inboard with the loud exhaust and stereo is cranked up, I ain't hearing no horn dude, unless it's a train horn... The dumbass should look before he turns in front of someone. The laws need to be re-written to put the dumbasses at fault instead of the responsible boaters.

kap
05-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Phatt Matt:
wrote:
And WTF does my post count have to do with my attitude?
Seems you still have to prove something---or you feel the need to be right no matter what.
I can give you attitude if you like...Jackass.
Again, the above statement reflects your personality, attitude and lack of character. It probably carry's over on the water as well.
Keep going you'll no doubt prove the above is true.
Respectfully,
KAP

BDMar
05-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Get your bucket of bolts put back together or just jump on mine. :D
You can hold the BOOZE. :D

BDMar
05-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Phatt Matt:
wrote:
Seems you still have to prove something---or you feel the need to be right no matter what.
Again, the above statement reflects your personality, attitude and lack of character. It probably carry's over on the water as well.
Respectfully,
KAP
I don't know you so I wont make assumptions about your "character".
I do, however, know Matt and he is one of very few that I would ride with, or boat next to on any body of water at any time.

kap
05-15-2007, 07:41 AM
BDMAR:
Please review my prior post(s) if you find anything offensive or derogatory please let me know. You will not find me being offensive or resort to name calling simply because I sit behind a computer.
The same cannot be said for your friend.
Thus, the only conclusion one can come to--- is what was written in my prior post, versus being an assumption.
Respectfully,
KAP

Havasu Hangin'
05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
So Matt-
You are saying that you hate when people cut you off in the channel?

Phat Matt
05-15-2007, 08:09 AM
So Matt-
You are saying that you hate when people cut you off in the channel?
Keep it up shorty and see if I ever be the DD for you again. :notam:

Phat Matt
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Phatt Matt:
wrote:
Respectfully,
KAP
Matt

Havasu Hangin'
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Keep it up shorty and see if I ever be the DD for you again. :notam:
If I don't remember it...how do I know it really happened?
:jawdrop:

Phat Matt
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
If I don't remember it...how do I know it really happened?
:jawdrop:
Good point. But do you remember driving up to a guys front door with a 46' turbine skater parked out front like we owned the place? :D

WYRD
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I had the exact same thing happen at the sandbar a couple of years ago except my boat didnt escape injury......I ended up with 5 pretty good gouges in the gel:mad: :mad:
Jackasses SUCK!

Havasu Hangin'
05-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Good point. But do you remember driving up to a guys front door with a 46' turbine skater parked out front like we owned the place? :D
LOL...that sounds like something I would suggest? :jawdrop:
F-him. If he doesn't like us hogging his driveway in the "big pimpin" Suburban, then he can suck my deck!
:D
PS- you sounded the horn first, right? :idea:

Phat Matt
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
LOL...that sounds like something I would suggest? :jawdrop:
F-him. If he doesn't like us hogging his driveway in the "big pimpin" Suburban, then he can suck my deck!
PS- you sounded the horn first, right? :idea:
LOL. You better watch your attitude there I might judge you. ;)
I was asking, "Are you sure we can park here?"
All the drunk people said, "Hell yeah, just park there." :D
My first mistake was listening to drunk people. It was funny to see everyones eyes being blinded by your lights as we park with the who the fock is this guy look on their face. :D
Good times.

Havasu Hangin'
05-15-2007, 08:52 AM
LOL. You better watch your attitude there I might judge you. ;)
I was asking, "Are you sure we can park here?"
All the drunk people said, "Hell yeah, just park there." :D
My first mistake was listening to drunk people. It was funny to see everyones eyes being blinded by your lights as we park with the who the fock is this guy look on their face. :D
Good times.
It's coming back to me slowly...now I remember blinding all those people. :jawdrop:
I should have got out and yelled, "Dad, I'm home!" and see if he would have let me drive the Skater the next day...lol.