PDA

View Full Version : Agressor 5degree intake..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Will the agressor 5 degree intake bolt up to the berkeley suction housing? If so how much better is it than the stock intake? What gains would someone see opposed to the stock intake?

BrendellaJet
02-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I dont know if it would bolt up, but even if it did there are other places I would spend my money first.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-09-2006, 09:19 PM
I know where one is for a cheap price;) Thats the only reason Im askin;)

BrendellaJet
02-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Hmmm, if it fits and its cheap then it might be a good idea considering your current install. Does it have a shoe already?

Cs19
02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I have no experience with the aggsr intake but i know you will be opening a can of worms putting a low pro in. Transom adapter for example. You have to understand that the jet sits much lower with that style intake.
i dont think you have the power to benefit from anyting like that,they are for racing. Id invest the money elsewhere.

BrendellaJet
02-09-2006, 10:00 PM
CS, at what point would this intake start to benefit someone?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-09-2006, 10:01 PM
I have no experience with the aggsr intake but i know you will be opening a can of worms putting a low pro in. Transom adapter for example. You have to understand that the jet sits much lower with that style intake.
i dont think you have the power to benefit from anyting like that,they are for racing. Id invest the money elsewhere.
Very true chris. Thats all I wanted to know;)
Hmmm, if it fits and its cheap then it might be a good idea considering your current install. Does it have a shoe already?
Its complete with shoe,rideplate and cradle...

PC Rat
02-09-2006, 10:01 PM
i dont think you have the power to benefit from anyting like that,they are for racing.
Can you explain why the 5 deg Aggressor intake is for racing? What would make this NOT work well on a lake boat? How does power fit into this?
Brian

sdba069
02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I've run the Papp 5* intakes in a couple of lake tunnels with fair HP and was satisfied with them. The boats were not light layups, either. I've never seen a low profile intake in a gullwing so I don't know what that would be like anyway.

Cs19
02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Can you explain why the 5 deg Aggressor intake is for racing? What would make this NOT work well on a lake boat? How does power fit into this?
Brian
Its not FOR racing ONLY, but you and I know its not something you would tear your hotrod skiboat apart to install when the season is about to start. If you have ever taken a job on like that you know what I mean.
Replacing his intake with a low profile intake is not some thing that is going to happen in a weekend beer drinking project.Alot of things will most likely have to change if you want to do it the right way.Transom adapter,rideplate cradle assembly,possibly the hole in the transom and the hole for the intake itself, driveline length,engine placement and height,steering assembly depending on the style,just to name a few and you can count on all kinds of other hang ups besides the basic ones.
It will work fine PC, but in my opinion sometimes you need a decent amount of HP to see a gain from a modification (where my for racing comment comes from) Thats only my opinion, take it for what its worth.I would spend my money elsewhere.
Chris

Cs19
02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
SDBA mentioned a gullwing..Is this for a gullwing? I was under the impression it was for the boat in his avatar.
CS

Cs19
02-09-2006, 10:23 PM
396, it will bolt up. might have to trim the corners on the berk suction to make it look right. Not 100% sure on that though.

jweeks123
02-09-2006, 11:16 PM
isn't there a gullwing runnng at ming with a low profil intake.
i think it's a record holder
jw

sdba069
02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
For some reason, I was under the impression that 396 had a gullwing, but maybe not. I don't doubt that there may be a gullwing out there with that set up, but I've never seen one.

Cs19
02-10-2006, 07:46 AM
There is one gullwing at njba with a custom low pro intake. The boat has the nicest ride of any other jetboat at the track in my opinion.
396 doesnt have a gullwing.
Let us know what you end up doing 396.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-10-2006, 08:28 AM
I havent decided yet. I am pulling apart my kachina this weekend to do some bottom work. I might just grab the intake and hold on to it. I have my eyes set on a earl smith gullwing that may benefit from that intake. Ill let you guys know;) Thanks for all the opinions;)

BrendellaJet
02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Hell if its a good deal you should buy it. If you dont end up using it then you can toss it on ebay or in the spam section and sell it for a reasonable profit. Once you have it you can compare to your current install. As I recall, your current intake needs to be raised a little any ways dont it? depending on how much adjustment is required to get the current intake right, you may not be as far off as you think if you went with the lo-profile dealio. Point is, if you have to adjust your motor position anyway, now is the time to make the change. Or-you could always keep it for a future project.

mj680
02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=cs19]Its not FOR racing ONLY,
Replacing his intake with a low profile intake is not some thing that is going to happen in a weekend beer drinking project.
If you are changing the intake,I would not drink BEER. Ron

steelcomp
02-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Replacing his intake with a low profile intake is not some thing that is going to happen in a weekend beer drinking project.
Nope...that's a WHISKEY drinkin project!
I'll be running a SFM 5.5* low-profile intake this year. :D That changed EVERYTHING! It's not a project for the weak at heart. :cry:

sdpm
02-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Ca'mon Ron, that's when you do your best work! Last minute with a few cocktails. Everything go's together smooooth! :squiggle:

Jet Hydro
02-10-2006, 04:30 PM
if you dont want it I`ll take it. I need one for my SJ lake boat project.

Cs19
02-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Ill havta remeber that. i usually get really plowed then go work on my boat, then i go drive it.

steelcomp
02-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Ill havta remeber that. i usually get really plowed then go work on my boat, then i go drive it.I completely agree. :rolleyes: The whiskey comment was made in fun ...honestly, I've always tried to tell guys that when they drink and work on their stuff, they don't get a lot in the way of sympathy
when their shizzle won't even fizizzle at the lake, and they just can't figure out why! :rolleyes:

lilrick
02-11-2006, 03:50 AM
I completely agree. :rolleyes: The whiskey comment was made in fun ...honestly, I've always tried to tell guys that when they drink and work on their stuff, they don't get a lot in the way of sympathy
when their shizzle won't even fizizzle at the lake, and they just can't figure out why! :rolleyes:
hehehe!