PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion sting....OUCH!

Tremor Girl
05-14-2007, 06:23 AM
I got stung Sun. morning on my right hand while in Havasu. It was about 2-3 inches long and light tan in color. Anybody know how long the pain and numbness is supposed to last? I've been stung before but it's never lasted more than half a day:devil:

Rexone
05-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Try some Benedryl...

Daddy_G
05-14-2007, 06:32 AM
While I have yet to be stung (knock on wood)...
Our neighbor, Howard (corner park model next to Gary's folks) says he's been stung twice.
He says he puts Benedryl on it and it makes a huge difference.
However, I think it has to be done immediately - sorry. :(
Here's some more info I dug up:
http://bitesandstingsonline.com/Bites_Stings/scorpions.htm
http://firstaid.webmd.com/wilderness_scorpion_sting_treatment_firstaid.htm
http://members.tripod.com/~c_kianwee/manage.htm
Hope you fell better soon.
Geez, first the doggies run ya down and now this!
I think the animal kingdom has it out for ya! ;)

Tremor Girl
05-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks Gary.
Lola was so lonely without Chickey to play with:( She drove us nuts:mad:

Trailer Park Casanova
05-14-2007, 07:06 AM
If it's spreading, or the skin is dying, you need medical attention.
It can keep spreading.
If you don't have medical insurance, we'll pay for it.
It's very important.
Alice and Ross

OutCole'd
05-14-2007, 07:21 AM
That sucks Lynn! Hopefully your feeling better soon.

essexjet
05-14-2007, 08:16 AM
I got stung Sun. morning on my right hand while in Havasu. It was about 2-3 inches long and light tan in color. Anybody know how long the pain and numbness is supposed to last? I've been stung before but it's never lasted more than half a day:devil:
Sounds like it might have been a bark scorpion. The bark scorpion has the most lethal venom of all the scorpions in the southwest US. Check out the picture in the link to see if it was one. If so and symptoms do not subside I would go get check out as soon as possible.
http://geo-outdoors.info/scorpions.htm

DILLIGAF
05-14-2007, 10:09 AM
I am almost 100% certain that the scorpions I had last year and the year before at my house were the bark scorpions. I haven't seen any this year, YET! I hope I finally got them to move on. There were lots of dead baby ones in my garage.
I hope you feel better. I understand if you are allergic to bee stings you are probably allergic to the scorpion stings.

Baja Big Dog
05-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Gotta love this HB forum.....lets see....got stung by a scorpion, that we all know can be deadly...so instead of going to the hospital, you go the forum????
Come on Tremor, get your ass to the fricken hospital, or at least to a doctor...were good at sizing props, or blower pully's, but scorpion hits....Id come pick up and take you to the DR.!!!;)

Coded-Dude
05-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I been stung dozens of times by scorpions...However, the scorpions found in Oklahoma are not considered dangerously poisonous. But the snakes are!. :idea:

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 10:19 AM
When all else fails, pee on it

CBadDad
05-14-2007, 10:28 AM
It can keep spreading.
It's very important.
Alice and Ross
That is good advice and a very generous offer. You should take it.
You can have pain and numbness/tingling for up to 72 hours.
Light brown in color doesn't sound good. If you have any difficulty breathing, chest pain or sweaty skins get to a doctor muy pronto.

Quest4Fun
05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
When all else fails, pee on it
I think that only works for jelly fish stings :idea:

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 10:37 AM
...and toothaches.

CBadDad
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
...and toothaches.
You sound like a nice lady, will you pee on me?

Quest4Fun
05-14-2007, 10:48 AM
...and toothaches.
Pee on a toothache ???:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Baja Big Dog
05-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Pee on a toothache ???:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Read her name!!!:eek:

Quest4Fun
05-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Read her name!!!:eek:
lol...and by the way Baja, your picture is scaring me! :eek:

XtrmWakeborder
05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
When I stepped on the bark scorpion my foot swelled up so I put ice on it, went to sleep and in the morning felt better. It stung like a major bee sting, but pops just told me to sleep it off. Way to go pops....:rolleyes: Maybe I didn't get hit very good.

ratso
05-14-2007, 12:56 PM
When I stepped on the bark scorpion my foot swelled up so I put ice on it, went to sleep and in the morning felt better. It stung like a major bee sting, but pops just told me to sleep it off. Way to go pops....:rolleyes: Maybe I didn't get hit very good.
Ha! He'd be like "Hey, suck it up boy! It's just a gunshot wound"!:D

Baja Big Dog
05-14-2007, 01:06 PM
lol...and by the way Baja, your picture is scaring me! :eek:
I know, its the eyebrows isnt it??? Was thinking of waxing them, but the asian waxing chick didn t think it was a good idea!!!:)
I owe that picture to rvr_d8, he took in the front yard after a nice poop! note the "just pooped" look!!

Quest4Fun
05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I know, its the eyebrows isnt it??? Was thinking of waxing them, but the asian waxing chick didn t think it was a good idea!!!:)
I owe that picture to rvr_d8, he took in the front yard after a nice poop! note the "just pooped" look!!
I didn't know that was the "just pooped" look. Thanks for that extra piece of information.

Tremor Girl
05-14-2007, 03:15 PM
It can keep spreading.
It's very important.
Alice and Ross
Thank you so much for the very kind and generous offer. I do have insurance.
The tingling/numbness started wearing off about an hour ago. I've beeb sung before but never had the numbness last this long.
Again, thank you very much!

Coded-Dude
05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
My worst instance was being stung while sleeping. (its happened on more than one occasion)
Got me right on a vein. Which is usually what causes the poison to spread faster.
I woke up and it felt like I slept on my hand wrong, but then I noticed the bite.
It was numb/sore for a few days, but the red irritation did not spread, so I let it self heal.

OutCole'd
05-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Where did it happen Lynn?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
In her bed!

OutCole'd
05-14-2007, 03:38 PM
In her bed!
:eek: :eek: Holy Shit, That would SUCK!!!!

Strippoker
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I got hit by one when I lived in Az the f##ker was in my pants and hit me on the leg before it ran up the shirt hitting 2 times on the arm. Worst frikin pain ever.
However the best trick that worked rapid was told by a naturalpath hospital in scottsdale was take a 9 volt battery and hold it to the skin at the sting point it will pull the crap out of the body. Im not BSing it works great.
Infact that was the first weekend I met RRX at havasu was the day after it happen I was back to normal in 2 days as for the long term effects well those are still unknown

essexjet
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank you so much for the very kind and generous offer. I do have insurance.
The tingling/numbness started wearing off about an hour ago. I've beeb sung before but never had the numbness last this long.
Again, thank you very much!
Yeah looks like your doing fine :D ;)

Tremor Girl
05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Where did it happen Lynn?
We were at Gary & Denise's putting up their awning. Denise & I were sitting watching the boats go by and I felt something hit my back. I swatted at it and felt the sting. I thought it was a bee, jumped up and that sucker was in my chair:mad:
It must have been in Gary's awning tarp. It's fine now but earlier today I was getting concerned when the tingling was getting worse. I guess I'll have to go to work after all tomorrow:D
Sorry about the typo's essexjet. My hand was still numb and I was typing with my left hand only:D

Strippoker
05-14-2007, 08:55 PM
It will get better just feels like hell for a bit

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Oh holy crap!!! I'm LMAO! :D :D :D That dog is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.