PDA

View Full Version : Stinks At The London Bridge

SummerBreeze
05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
So whats up with the sewer smell around the Agave/London Bridge area.
Went to get coffee on Sunday morning at the coffee house under the bridge and it was a major smell of sewer going on. Any info?

Ziggy
05-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Poop runs downhill............thats kinda a low area.....
Or Tom Brown was in town and put the sewer system to test :D

DILLIGAF
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
We flushed our toilets in BHC all at once and sent it down river :)

tntperformance
05-14-2007, 09:46 AM
:idea: I'm wondering if it has something to do with the name above your avatar??:D

OverKill
05-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Upper lip maybe???

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Damn bean and cheese burrito. Come back, I'll close my legs and take a Gas-Ex. It'll dissipate soon.

Havasu1986
05-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Phebus has been parking if front of the Agave alot lately.:eek: :D

Keith E. Sayre
05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
It's been like that for as long as I can remember. As you walk up the hill under Shugrues, you get a big smack in the face from it. Some kind of a vent or something. But it's nothing new.
Keith Sayre

AZJD
05-14-2007, 10:34 AM
So whats up with the sewer smell around the Agave/London Bridge area.
Went to get coffee on Sunday morning at the coffee house under the bridge and it was a major smell of sewer going on. Any info?
Summerbreeze, maybe they need some "Summer's eve!" :sqeyes:

BrianB
05-14-2007, 11:51 AM
It started when Holy Moly exercised his right to catch and release
He calls um brown trout...I'm sure it washed ashore back in 91
His filth reachs far beyond the computer screen.

Not So Fast
05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
It's been like that for as long as I can remember. As you walk up the hill under Shugrues, you get a big smack in the face from it. Some kind of a vent or something. But it's nothing new.
Keith Sayre
In actuality if the City of Lake Havasu would invest in something called a VAPOR BARRIER that goes beneath manhole covers it would eliminate a good portion of the odor just by doing that, if they are indeed venting a sewer into the air we breathe then that in itself is illegal.The cure for that is called an "air scrubber" and many jobs we had in So.Cal. REQUIRED that we had "scrubbers' over any manhole or open ditch where sewer gasses were found!! ;) But then again this is Lake Havasu. :( NSF

sleekcraft80
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Just remember where the waste water treatment plant is, not too far from the bridge and right across fro the Marina.

2Driver
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Keith Sayre
Correct, this goes back to the 90's before the south side of the bridge was developed. If it smells like a turd then it is a turd - somewhere. Same thing at Harrah's beach in Laughlin.
City guy, be nice to know?