PDA

View Full Version : OB Steering

homemade
05-17-2003, 02:42 PM
First time buyer of a v-drive... trying to find out what steering is better OB or I guess inboard? Found a shovel-nose with out board sterring.

Sangster
05-17-2003, 02:54 PM
homemade:
First time buyer of a v-drive... trying to find out what steering is better OB or I guess inboard? Found a shovel-nose with out board sterring. Doug.. It depends on what you want to do with it... :confused:

Big Proppa
05-17-2003, 03:02 PM
As I found out recently, the outboard steering really limits you on your ability to turn around - I do most of my running on the river so after finding out how limited it was I sold it for an inboard steer. If you are going to race or always run on a lake I would say it would work fine, but for running at the river or tighter areas it may not work so well for ya.
Good luck and post some pictures.

Sangster
05-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Big Proppa:
As I found out recently, the outboard steering really limits you on your ability to turn around - I do most of my running on the river so after finding out how limited it was I sold it for an inboard steer. If you are going to race or always run on a lake I would say it would work fine, but for running at the river or tighter areas it may not work so well for ya.
Good luck and post some pictures. Bill, I wish I new you were Seriously looking for an in board steering boat... :confused: We could have made a quick trade...... :D :D

dossangers
05-17-2003, 04:59 PM
And the colors were close!!!

Big Proppa
05-18-2003, 04:09 PM
oh shit that bums me out I wish I would have known - whats up sangster are you goin racing?. which one are you thinking of getting rid of?

Sangster
05-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Big Proppa:
oh shit that bums me out I wish I would have known - whats up sangster are you goin racing?. which one are you thinking of getting rid of? Probally the Orange one...But will sell either Less motor... :cool:

Big Proppa
05-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Check your PM please

Sangster
05-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Big Proppa:
Check your PM please Back at ya...