PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid... on my hood!!

EmpirE231
05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
so I wake up this morning.... had the truck detailed yesterday... get pissed that it's dewey out this morning... find an empty bottle of brake fluid on the side of my driveway (throw it away, thinking someone just littered) , and I start wiping the truck down, and realize the big blotch all over my hood, down the side of my front fenders and grill!!:mad: wiped the truck down, did some spray on wax job.. seems to have taken care of most of it. only noticeable damage remaining is on the grill.
is there anything else I should do? can it get worse?
frickin impossible to have nice shit these days without someone f'n it up! I dont have any haters... I assume it was just some dumb ass kids (highschool down the street) and I live on a corner!! I grabbed the bottle of fluid (autozone brand) and I'm gonna go to autozone tonight to see if they have any record of anyone buying it (autozone is also down the street) .. can they look up info like this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/empire231/2500001.jpg

AZJD
05-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Damn your fukked! That shit will eat the paint right off. Once brake fluid is on the paint it will penetrate the matal and it will never hold paint again. I don't know how long it takes to penetrate the paint, but I don't think it's long. BUMMER! Somebody has a problem with you cuz they knew exactly what they were doing............................:(

ULTRA26 # 1
05-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I would use some light polish everywhere there was fluid just to be sure that you got it all.
John M

fat rat
05-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Was it DOT3 or DOT5..............if it's DOT5 it shouldn't hurt the paint, good luck.

Baja Big Dog
05-14-2007, 10:54 AM
When we were growing up (crap 40 fricken years ago!) we had some neighbors, wont say the nationality, that liked to cause trouble with the neighbors, they liked to steal stuff like bikes etc...one day they ran over the guy across the streets dog...and didn't even stop, well this pissed the dad's around us and one night the "dad's" were hanging around having a few beers, and one of them said its time to give there cars a "brake fluid bath". Needless this peaked our intrest.
These guys liked lowered early Chevy's and they loved the fancy paint jobs, well the guys loaded bug sprayers with brake fluid and did a drive by and sprayed down two of the nicely painted cars with the above mentioned brake fluid.....WOW!!!this was cool! Like AZJD said, all the way down to the metal!The dirt bags moved a couple of months later...:)

TahitiTiger
05-14-2007, 11:06 AM
if the brake fluid had time to set, the paint would have boiled up by now. You probably got lucky cause you had your truck detailed the day before. The wax may have prevented the BF from soaking through.

mondorally
05-14-2007, 11:23 AM
wont say the nationality,
These guys liked lowered early Chevy's and they loved the fancy paint jobs,
Those damn Czechoslovakians.......

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh, that hood. I read the title of the thread and assumed it was an S&M video clip.

RitcheyRch
05-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Thinking the dew might have been a reason the paint didnt bubble up.
if the brake fluid had time to set, the paint would have boiled up by now. You probably got lucky cause you had your truck detailed the day before. The wax may have prevented the BF from soaking through.

TahitiTiger
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Thinking the dew might have been a reason the paint didnt bubble up.
True, brake fluid washes away with water.

RitcheyRch
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. :D :D
True, brake fluid washes away with water.

EmpirE231
05-14-2007, 04:51 PM
well it's been about a day... and no damage. definitely got lucky with the dew and the 7:30 am wipe down / wax. I dont understand some people though... I hope i find who did this... even though I probably wont.
do you think autozone has any way of tracing the bottle if I bring it to them? :idea:

Chico&Zeus
05-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Those damn Czechoslovakians.......
Hey bitch, that offends me!;)

RIVERTIME247
05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=HavaSkank;2558939]Oh, that hood. I read the title of the thread and assumed it was an S&M video clip.[/QUOTE
did you say you need your hood buffed ?

RitcheyRch
05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Excellent news. Hopefully you find out who did it.
well it's been about a day... and no damage. definitely got lucky with the dew and the 7:30 am wipe down / wax. I dont understand some people though... I hope i find who did this... even though I probably wont.
do you think autozone has any way of tracing the bottle if I bring it to them? :idea:

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 05:15 PM
rechromed then buffed

vee-driven
05-14-2007, 06:13 PM
it could have been worse, aerosol paint stripper is in the same isle.

phebus
05-14-2007, 06:54 PM
I think now, you'd better try and figure out who you pissed off, and what you did to make them resort to such drastic measures.

EmpirE231
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Looked at the bottle when I got home and it was dot3... so I really was lucky with that!! waxed it againg when I got home.. and no damage yet to this morning.
gonna file a police report today....
I think now, you'd better try and figure out who you pissed off, and what you did to make them resort to such drastic measures.
honestly... I don't have any haters out there or any body that I've pissed off. and the GF cant think of anyone else either. I'm kind of led to believe it was some kids, because the next day.. all the mailboxes have gum / candy covering the keyholes??

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Mount this on your hood
http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/23/usb-bb-gun-sports-barrel-mounted-webcam-ensures-home-security/

EmpirE231
05-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Mount this on your hood
http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/23/usb-bb-gun-sports-barrel-mounted-webcam-ensures-home-security/
hook that sucker up to a motion sensor and I'm set!! haha ... or just have a bunch of dead cats :D
been on hold for 20 minutes to make a police report over the phone :rolleyes: ... I guess it's just about as bad when you need to file a repost with a real officer... they take forever!! but they'll be there quick style if my music was too loud on a saturday night.

Baja Big Dog
05-15-2007, 10:28 AM
hook that sucker up to a motion sensor and I'm set!! haha ... or just have a bunch of dead cats :D
been on hold for 20 minutes to make a police report over the phone :rolleyes: ... I guess it's just about as bad when you need to file a repost with a real officer... they take forever!! but they'll be there quick style if my music was too loud on a saturday night.
Aint that the truth, I had some guns stolen..went to the cop shop and told them I needed to report them, holy crap, by the time I was done I felt like turning myself in as a criminal. I told the POS taking the report that I was sorry to bother him and need to know how to handle this if it happens again, since I would not file with them, after an hour of this guy telling me I didnt own the guns I was reporting (based on some input he got on computer). Needless to say I was quite surprised, and informed the fine POS that I should be charged with making a false report, he said no...I pushed it, why not, if Im filing a false report based on some readout from the computer then I should be arrested for filing said false report.
He wasnt happy when I was leaving when I told him its too bad he doesnt work for me, cause he would be on the phone cring to his wife about being fired!!!:mad:

BrendellaJet
05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
call the cops. They might be willing to finger print the can...Doubtful, but if there are a lot of these incidents going on in your area they could be willing to help out.