PDA

View Full Version : If I junk the Neovane......

rrrr
04-26-2002, 08:27 PM
Will a Magnaflow bolt up to the same cam drive? As usual I had been meaning to find out earlier, forgot about it, and today I installed the timing chain cover on the FE.
After admiring the progress I made tonight I remembered about the drive. D'oh!

Costello
04-26-2002, 08:34 PM
Pretty darn sure that you can RRRRR. As I recall Glenwood made the Magnaflow as an upgrade from Neovanes.

superdave013
04-26-2002, 09:24 PM
Costello is correct one more time! Damn son, you are good! I wish you were closer so you could give me pointers on rigging my boat! I do plan to send you pics and questions if you don't mind.
rrr, both pumps have the same bolt pattren and a straight blade type of drive that bolts to the cam.
A cover for a fuel injection pump has a larger bolt pattren and the locating hole is larger also. also the injector pumps use a hex drive so make sure you don't have one of those. If you do you will need a Kuhl River Rat pump.

Kurtis500
04-27-2002, 03:43 PM
My friend has one of them Magnaflows. Man-o-man, that thing can pump some seroius water!! What an improvement over the old neovane, which I still have http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
Do the impellers last longer in the magnaflow pumps anyone?

rrrr
04-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the answers. One more question- Magnaflow pumps are available in 3/4" and 1" sizes. I am guessing that the 3/4" will be adequate for my 427, it is pretty much stock. Yah?

LeE ss13
04-27-2002, 06:09 PM
There is one odd cam drive blade for the water pumps,(just happen to have one). Someone made a sheet metal timing cover with a water pump mount. It takes a shorter drive blade. Other than that, I think they are all the same length.
--------
LeE ss13

04-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Kurtis500:
My friend has one of them Magnaflows. Man-o-man, that thing can pump some seroius water!! What an improvement over the old neovane, which I still have http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
Do the impellers last longer in the magnaflow pumps anyone?I've run one Mag. impeller for 6 years, and saved it for a spare. Just a bit better than changing impellers in the Neovane once or twice a year.