PDA

View Full Version : canceling 24

warlock 27
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I was looking at the topic of the day and saw that there thinking of canceling 24. Im a big fan of 24 and hope that they dont cancel it. its one show that keeps you on your feet and you never know who is going to die.

duner21
05-14-2007, 04:36 PM
That's gonna suck! They should send in jack to deal with the effer that even thought of this:D

Magic34
05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
No way... The ratings and DVD sales are huge. I dont see how they could end it, I think that the show is doing great right now.

Goldilocks
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
There will be at least one more season because they signed a contract with fox through 2008. I hope there is more than just one more season.

westair
05-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Just finished the 4th season and can't wait to start the 5th. Never
a dull moment!! Right out of todays world ... outrageous as it might
seem, alot of truth to it. I sure can't see it being cancelled

shockwaveharry
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I hope they cancel it... I hate shows that EVERYONE loves!
In fact, I hope they cancel everything but the Simpson's, South Park and House... The only intelligent shows on TV!
Am I in trouble now? :D
(I heard it's boring around here lately... Maybe this will spice it up a bit!)

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I hope they cancel it... I hate shows that EVERYONE loves!
In fact, I hope they cancel everything but the Simpson's, South Park and House... The only intelligent shows on TV!
Am I in trouble now? :D
(I heard it's boring around here lately... Maybe this will spice it up a bit!)
I love House, harry.....wanna play, oops! I mean watch House with me? :D

RaceFace
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM
House ROCKS!!! He is such an asshole!! I'm taking notes!!!
Then again so does 24!!

shockwaveharry
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I love House, harry.....wanna play, oops! I mean watch House with me? :D
Hell... I'd watch 24 with you!!! ;)

sponger_2
05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
im so over 24. its pretty much the same crap over and over again. think about all the seasons of it.

ChumpChange
05-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Just renewed for another 2 days...err seasons. :D
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/16/television.24.reut/index.html
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The clock on "24" will keep ticking for two more seasons
Fox's unusually late renewal for the Emmy-winning thriller will allow Jack Bauer to keep saving the day through the 2008-09 season, which will be the series' eighth.
Series star Kiefer Sutherland already is locked to stay with the show through May 2009.
"We're re-creating the series," executive producer/showrunner Howard Gordon said. "It is going to be a real-time thriller. Beyond that, it's an open book."
"24" has had a roller-coaster ride the past couple of seasons.
It earned rave reviews for Season 5, which was capped by five Emmys last year, including best drama series and a best actor trophy for Sutherland.
But during its current sixth season, "24" has drawn criticism from fans about losing some of its creative footing.
Gordon said he felt those assessments were "unfair." "On balance, it was a very successful season," he said.
The upcoming re-invention of the series was something the producers have talked about for a while, Gordon said.
Aside from Sutherland, "24" will return with a new cast (some old favorites might return in different roles) and a new, non-Los Angeles location, with the producers even contemplating telling the story from two locations.
"24" joins Fox's previously renewed series "House," "Prison Break," "Bones" and " 'Til Death" as well as the network's Sunday animated comedy block.
Fox also has ordered a 13th season of the late-night comedy series "Mad TV," which airs at 11 p.m. Saturdays.
The network's recently picked-up new series for next season include three comedies: the Kelsey Grammer-Patricia Heaton starrer "Back to You," "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino's "The Return of Jezebel James," and the Farrelly brothers-produced "The Rules of Starting Over."
New dramas picked up include "Canterbury's Law," starring Julianna Margulies; the New Orleans-set cop drama "K-Ville"; the high-concept detective drama "New Amsterdam"; and the "Terminator"-themed sci-fi drama "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Froggystyle
05-16-2007, 08:26 AM
im so over 24. its pretty much the same crap over and over again. think about all the seasons of it.
Kind of like counter terrorism... same stuff over and over.
It turns out people are trying to kill us every day. They aren't trying to find new and interesting ways to do it either. They are just banging forward and trying over, and over, and over again.
I think that not only is the premise possible, but the technology to a large degree is realistic, and serious decisions are having to be made daily with regard to how far you would stretch the constitution and our resolve to meet terrorists demands.
I think the overwhelming golden rule of the show is "don't negotiate with terrorists" though that never seems to come out as clearly as it should. If you negotiate at all, you have compromised your position, and weakened your hand. Don't negotiate, don't incite... act. A firm "no negotiation" policy pre-empts any leverage that any terrorist could have under any circumstance.
My only problem with the show to date is how terrible CTU is at establishing and maintaining a perimeter. Never in the history of the show has anyone ever been stopped at a checkpoint once they have slipped out of Jack's grasp. Chang was caught last night. He was on top of a building, and agents were below. First off, Jack should have shot Chang while he had the chance... how far could he possibly have taken Josh in that time frame? Second, a quick "Hang on kid... I have an asshole to shoot really quickly" would have solved the "what should I do first" problem.
Remember, if Jack Bauer was in a room with Nina Myers, Adolf Hitler and Stalin and had only two bullets... He would shoot Nina twice! :D

SB
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Last season 24 was really good and set the bar pretty high.
This season has had ups and downs, but overall was good.
I hope Cheng's death is painful.