PDA

View Full Version : Ho lifejacket

Lacolaw
05-14-2007, 04:16 PM
So I go to Costco today and I picked up a new lifejacket for my 6 yr old daughter. It is one of the zip-up neoprene style ones. It looks like it will be very comfortable.
I didn't think anything about it until my wife said, "You want her wearing that". It is pink and black and on the back in large letters it says
"HO Watersports".
I believe it stands for Herb O'brien, but now it is bothering me a little bit. I dont wany anyone making inapropriate jokes or comments. I can just imagine myself at Parker and some fool says something supid trying to be funny and I will end up knocking him out.
Maybe I should just take it back to avoid any issues.
Any opinions?

riverbound
05-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I bought the same one for my boys (except it was Blue) for my boys.

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
That's funny! Im gonna take all my old HO vests out and hang them as decoration in my garage. I could do a whole HO wall with the old water skiis and vests. I could incorporate other ski gear so I could be a "World Team Comp HO"

centerhill condor
05-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I'd return it also...

clownpuncher
05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
So I go to Costco today and I picked up a new lifejacket for my 6 yr old daughter. It is one of the zip-up neoprene style ones. It looks like it will be very comfortable.
I didn't think anything about it until my wife said, "You want her wearing that". It is pink and black and on the back in large letters it says
"HO Watersports".
I believe it stands for Herb O'brien, but now it is bothering me a little bit. I dont wany anyone making inapropriate jokes or comments. I can just imagine myself at Parker and some fool says something supid trying to be funny and I will end up knocking him out.
Any opinions?
I'd hope anyone at the river has heard of HO stuff. Been around a long time. 'Course I;m sure some drunk sumbitch might try to be cute. If he does, lights out sucka, then steal his woman

riverbound
05-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I'd return it also...
Are you serious??:confused:
HO has been around for YEARS. I remember wearing the stuff as a Kid. I cant think of any time that someone has said anyhting innaproprate.

RitcheyRch
05-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Why return them. They are good jackets and been around for years.

Lacolaw
05-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I know they have been around for years.
It is just the way it is written. Great big letters with no periods between the the H and O.
If it was for me or another adult, no issue. Being that it is pink and for a little girl it just got me thinking. Just the thought of someone saying something makes my blood pressure go up.

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
The connotation of HO sucks, considering it is quality gear.
But think of the poor bastards who created a chocolate diet supplement that was called AIDS. Needless to say, it's no longer on the shelves.

redneckgirl
05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
"HO Watersports".
Any opinions?
I bought the same one for my boys (except it was Blue) for my boys.
I bought the same one for my daughter but in blue...as blue is her favorate color!! She just turned 10. I wouldn't worry about it!! :)
RNG

RitcheyRch
05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I cant imagine someone making a rude comment about a child wearing that ski vest.
It is just the way it is written. Great big letters with no periods between the the H and O.
If it was for me or another adult, no issue. Being that it is pink and for a little girl it just got me thinking. Just the thought of someone saying something makes my blood pressure go up.

Chico&Zeus
05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't worry about it.........unless you daughter is Nappy Headed:D :D :D

98 Vector 21
05-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I cant imagine someone making a rude comment about a child wearing that ski vest.
But if they do OOHH baby look out! :mad:

squirt'nmyload
05-14-2007, 04:49 PM
i can...there are alot of azzholes out there.......they have been around for awhile but if your worried about it than just take it back and get a different brand :)

HavaSkank
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Like ClownPuncher said, "steal his woman" if he does.
John Wayne style, I like your thinkin' brutha

RitcheyRch
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
True, but still dont think will happen. I hope I am not wrong.
i can...there are alot of azzholes out there.......they have been around for awhile but if your worried about it than just take it back and get a different brand :)
I know is asking a lot but can hope they will keep their rude comments to themselves. Also, would think if someone made a comment about it to your young Daughter that you would have a crowd of people on your side.
But if they do OOHH baby look out! :mad:
Thanks. I would be shocked if happened and can only think that if it did happen is because of the crap in the news about the nappy headed hos.
Like ClownPuncher said, "steal his woman" if he does.
John Wayne style, I like your thinkin' brutha

hoolign
05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
That's funny! Im gonna take all my old HO vests out and hang them as decoration in my garage. I could do a whole HO wall with the old water skiis and vests. I could incorporate other ski gear so I could be a "World Team Comp HO"
Now that's funny!:D :D

hoolign
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Are you serious??:confused:
HO has been around for YEARS. I remember wearing the stuff as a Kid. I cant think of any time that someone has said anyhting innaproprate.
No shit! that's like making an acronym out of Connelly or JOBE
I still have my Connelly short line graphite ( albeit a bit under rated :D) Don't worry about it.. run it !

Tom Brown
05-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I still have my Connelly short line graphite ( albeit a bit under rated :D) Don't worry about it.. run it !
Nice ski. My grandpa still runs one. :cool:

burtandnancy2
05-14-2007, 05:13 PM
You can't say "ho" on this site...

Havasu Sun
05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
HO does still make awesome skis. Damn I would hope mankind or boatingkind would never look at a little girl and ever think that HO stood for anything other than a ski manufacturer. Maybe I am just being sheltered.

centerhill condor
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Don't worry about it.........unless you daughter is Nappy Headed:D :D :D
you're fired!

hoolign
05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Nice ski. My grandpa still runs one. :cool:
your adopted?? :confused:

2Driver
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
You can't say "ho" on this site...
Only we can call each other "Cracker" :D :D

Just foreplay
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
HO does still make awesome skis. Damn I would hope mankind or boatingkind would never look at a little girl and ever think that HO stood for anything other than a ski manufacturer. Maybe I am just being sheltered.
I'm with you on this one...no matter how drunk some people get I doubt some one would sink this low..
Run with it !

Screemy1
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
why the fawk do people care what others say.... even if it is oyur kid.... a look at the person who says it as "who cares about you" look should be enough... for you to get bent out of shape over some idiots comments is childish.... life is better if you just ignore other people you do not like or care about....

Up 4 River
05-14-2007, 05:51 PM
I would have no problem with the vest. Me and all my sisters wore those vest growing up and I just bought one for my nephew. I would agree with a previous post that who out there does not know HO stands for Herb O'brien? They have been around my enetire life and I'm 28 years old. I like the fact that they are carried at Costco and we can get a quality vest for a good price. It is only becasue they have everything made in China and not up in Washinton anymore. My buddy rworks at a wakeboard shop and says they are backlogged big time now waiting on their gear to get over here.

rivrrts429
05-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow, I think your reading into this way too much. If your worried about her now if somebody says something you got a long ways to go. Wait till she gets older, you gonna run around freakin out bout what someone says. This should be a non issue. Is the "HO" just screened on. Couldn't you just scrape it off. Or just forget about it and she will never know the difference. HO has been around for ever and I think this is the first time I have ever thought about it this way. Now your screwin with my head....THANKS:D :confused:

yopengo
05-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Both my girls have HO jackets. Used them for years and not one remark.

BadKachina
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
We've been buying those jackets from Costco for years and never had anyone make a stupid comment.

Lacolaw
05-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I suppose I am reading to much into it.
Like I said, I didnt even think twice about it until my wife said something. Then it got me thinking.
I will keep it. Hopefully this will be the end of it and I wont be writing a follow up thread later this summer.

78Eliminator
05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
No reason not to keep the vests. If someone makes a joke about HO products, THEY should be the one who gets laughed at. It would be as stupid as calling a MasterCraft a "Masturbater". Kinda stupid and juvenile sounding, isn't it? HO has been around for a long time, and in my opinion they make the best slalom skis.