PDA

View Full Version : Video Poker School: Do you ever throw away a winning hand,,,,

Trailer Park Casanova
05-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Do you ever throw away a winning hand to shoot for a bigger paying hand?
Do you sit down SOLELY to hit the Royal flush,,, and will throw away a winning hand on the outside chance of hitting it?
These are thoughts that flow through my pea brain while playing,,,,
Jus' wondering other peoples tactics.

Moe_Havi
05-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Always go for the royal, even if you have a winning hand. Always go full full bets too. If you get the royal, it won't pay the progressive which is where all your advantage lies. Video poker is a game that can be beat if you play it correctly.
Moe

clownpuncher
05-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Some may laugh, but, video poker is all I play. I usually do pretty good, meaning I rarely loose my ass and usually some home with the same or more money I bring.
I like video poker for many reason. A few............
1 - I like to sit and relax. Usually talk to the bartender or the person next to me.
2 - I control the speed of play.
3 - Sitting at the bar in Laughlin, playing poker and watching the river/boats go by is a blast.
4 - I've had a lot of luck playing.
My strategy...........I stay consistent with my bets and usually play pretty conservatively. I always bet the max allowed at the $1 machines.
I rarely go for the RF unless I've got three of the five cards showing, then it's on. Made several RF's in the years. None on the progressive games. It's usually about a 3K payout when I play.
I've been dealt one RF on the first hand in all the years playing.
Going to Laughlin this weekend as a matter of fact. I'll let ya know how it works for me.
ROC

Boatcop
05-14-2007, 06:43 PM
I'll throw a pair, straight or even a flush away. But only if there's just a one card draw for the Royal.

Summer LuvN
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Do you ever throw away a winning hand to shoot for a bigger paying hand?
Do you sit down SOLELY to hit the Royal flush,,, and will throw away a winning hand on the outside chance of hitting it?
These are thoughts that flow through my pea brain while playing,,,,
Jus' wondering other peoples tactics.
I play deuces wild and always go for the big one. I have found that if you throw a hand it seems to always come back. I have been pretty lucky lately.