PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Shores

Twins+one
05-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Does anyone have a place for rent here? Is there a management company there that you can go through? My wife and I went by there last weekend and are really interested in learning more. But we would like to stay there a couple of weekends this summer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I already went to the web site and that is sort of what prompted this thread.

kap
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I will be their this weekend.
The sites are all rented by HiddenShoresVillage you already went to the website.
Good luck trying to find a space for the summer maybe if you ask about cancellations you might just squeeze in.
They have everything you could ask for EXCEPT A BAR you need to bring your own hard stuff but plenty of beer ie.. coors light at the store. The restaurant is open on Sat and Sun.
Do not bring anything bigger than a 28 footer errr else bring a shitty prop in case you hit a sandbar. You can rent a slip for the weekend.
Any questions just call the number on the website.
Hope this helps see you on the water.
KAP

Twins+one
05-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I will be their this weekend.
The sites are all rented by HiddenShoresVillage you already went to the website.
Good luck trying to find a space for the summer maybe if you ask about cancellations you might just squeeze in.
They have everything you could ask for EXCEPT A BAR you need to bring your own hard stuff but plenty of beer ie.. coors light at the store. The restaurant is open on Sat and Sun.
Do not bring anything bigger than a 28 footer errr else bring a shitty prop in case you hit a sandbar. You can rent a slip for the weekend.
Any questions just call the number on the website.
Hope this helps see you on the water.
KAP
Thanks for the info. There has to be some people here that rent thier places out when they are not there.

kap
05-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Twins+one wrote:
There has to be some people here that rent thier places out when they are not there.
Actually no! the park rules prohibit the sub-letting of places. That does not mean it doesn't happen--- it does. They have been real gestapo about the rules lately so if there is a space you'd have to know the person in advance. Plus, most won't risk it because they wan't to remain at the park with out hassle's from management.
You can rent a home through the park but they are pricey.
Good luck!
KAP

cheezpanel
05-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info. There has to be some people here that rent thier places out when they are not there.
We've had our trailer out there for almost 10 years. It's a great place, but as was said you should try to get on a waiting list for a spot for a weekend or two (if you have a motorhome or trailer). They do rent out the vacation homes for weekends or weeks at a time. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone to rent you their place...each year when we renew our space rental we have to sign a 4 page rules agreement sheet. We can have guests in our place, but "renting" to someone when not there is not allowed. Go figure. Then the person would lose his lease and be replaced with someone on the huge waiting list.

Twins+one
05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
We've had our trailer out there for almost 10 years. It's a great place, but as was said you should try to get on a waiting list for a spot for a weekend or two (if you have a motorhome or trailer). They do rent out the vacation homes for weekends or weeks at a time. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone to rent you their place...each year when we renew our space rental we have to sign a 4 page rules agreement sheet. We can have guests in our place, but "renting" to someone when not there is not allowed. Go figure. Then the person would lose his lease and be replaced with someone on the huge waiting list.
Wow! I did call on the whole 3 places they have for rent and they were booked every weekend we wanted. We do not have a trailer so that is why I was looking to sub-let, but since it is not allowed I guess we are out of luck.
I guess I might as well ask, if anyone needs a guest for the weekend. We will leave the kids at home and I will buy beer and food. Just a thought!

kap
05-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey Cheezpanel
You in D-Block were gonna have shirts and block party this 4th.
Twins:
Hey you can always stay at the Microtel off of Fortuna Road and launch at Hidden Shores except for holiday weekends they close the park to outsiders.
But on a Holiday weekend you can just go up to Martinez or Fishers and launch.
I know it's not the same as being next to the water but it's an option. You can always try Martinez and see if someone will lease you a house or trailer.
Just a thought.
KAP

Twins+one
05-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Cheezpanel
Twins:
Hey you can always stay at the Microtel off of Fortuna Road and launch at Hidden Shores except for holiday weekends they close the park to outsiders.
I know it's not the same as being next to the water but it's an option. You can always try Martinez and see if someone will lease you a house or trailer.
Just a thought.
KAP
We stay in Martinez and love it, but we are always looking for other places to go. Hidden Shores looks really nice, but before we consider buying something there we wanted to stay a couple of weekends to kind of get used to the place.

cheezpanel
05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey Cheezpanel
Twins:
Just a thought.
KAP
Yup, we are in D Block (95). I've already told Big Doug I need a couple of XL shirts, but I'm not sure if he was sober enough to remember:D So the party's on the 4th? Cool...hopefully we'll make it then. What spot are you in?
Bill

kap
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Cheez:
Yea! Douggy is usually hammered but Vance has him beat he starts in the AM:D :D .
Where do you think he got the idea for the shirt and logo design---yours truly .
D-20 on the corner with the purple/yellow Laveycraft.
That is a good idea tell the office what you just wrote ie.. you wanna buy a home but wanted to stay a few weekends before you pull the trigger. I was at Martinez for about 10 years great to party but when you have kids it's not family oriented.
Plus, Hid Shores is very family oriented if thats what your after---- our kids are safe and lots of things to do ie... pool, gym, and playground for kids--- even a 9 hole golf course.
KAP
P.M. Me if you have any more questions.

Twins+one
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Cheez:
Yea! Douggy is usually hammered but Vance has him beat he starts in the AM:D :D .
Where do you think he got the idea for the shirt and logo design---yours truly .
That is a good idea tell the office what you just wrote ie.. you wanna buy a home but wanted to stay a few weekends before you pull the trigger. I was at Martinez for about 10 years great to party but when you have kids it's not family oriented.
Plus, Hid Shores is very family oriented if thats what your after---- our kids are safe and lots of things to do ie... pool, gym, and playground for kids--- even a 9 hole golf course.
KAP
With three little ones, family oriented is exactly what we are looking for. Well that plus some nice water for skiing and boarding. Thanks for all your help.

DMOORE
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Twins, give hidden shores a call. There is actually a company out of Yuma that rents 5th wheels. A few years ago we rented one for a family reunion. They will deliver and set everything up for you on the site, and turn on the air. All you have to is show up and enjoy. And when the weekend is over, they pick it up. It wasn't very expensive if I recall.
Darrell.

cheezpanel
05-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Cheez:
KAP
KAP,
I know where you are. We're almost directly across the street from stars and stripes boy, down one spot toward the playground. We're planning on Memorial; I'll be sure to swing by. I've got a white/blue/grey DCB 22. And the biggest piece of s*%t blue golf cart in the park! Last time we were there with Doug I had to point him toward his trailer at about 11pm...he was falling asleep in the chair. His boat was having some battery problems that day so he hit it hard on Vance's boat!
Later, Bill