PDA

View Full Version : X Wife Makes Son Drink Liquid Dish Soap

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Yup!! My X wife made my Son (10yo) drink Liquid Anti Bacterial dish soap and grounded him for a month because he dropped the F Bomb. I know my kids know all the bad words (Mostly from me) but they know not to use them. Even if I didn聮t say them I know they would learn them from their friends.
He was forced to take 2 teaspoons full and drink it. He vomited on the second teaspoon. I pulled up the MSDS sheet on it and it said 聯drink 4-6 ounces of clear liquid and seek medical attention"
So now I am wondering???? Since I know I will be in court one day soon trying to keep my custody should I report this to CPS so I have a little ammo for court down the road????? This is the only bad thing she has done other then being retarded.

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I am all for Punishment but I think she was more retarded then normal when she had him drink Liguid dish soap. I told her when we were younger and our parents made us eat soap Is all we got was a horrible taste in our mouths.

racecar.hotshoe
05-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Tell her if she does it again your going to make her rinse her mouth out with this.............:D
http://www.americarx.com/ProductImages/personalcare/femininehygience/165662.jpg

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Maybe she should have went with rinse and spit, instead of drink.
Yeah, kind of retarded. But, I assume you knew she was somewhat retarded when you married her and had kids. ;)
Well I was 21 and EXTREEMLY retarded.
I can think of better punishments that would have a longer lasting torcher factor.

AZJD
05-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Don't let your personal anger cloud your better judgement. Make a note of it, aswell as every disagreement or discrepancy in a verbal agreement you may have with her. If need be the court will ask your son to confirm the story.

shockwaveharry
05-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Are you nuts? Feeding 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap to a 10 year old??? SHE MADE HIM SWOLLOW IT??? That's poison as far as I'm concerned... much worse than "washing his mouth out with soap" which is also beyond ok. :mad:
It's your call... Your child... I wouldn't stand for it if I were you.
You've taken him to the hospital already, RIGHT???

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Don't let your personal anger cloud your better judgement. Make a note of it, aswell as every disagreement or discrepancy in a verbal agreement you may have with her. If need be the court will ask your son to confirm the story.
I think my daughter would too. When I picked them up today the first thing out of her mouth was "E said the f- word and had to drink soap" LOL, She rats him out in a heart beat.

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Are you nuts? Feeding 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap to a 10 year old??? SHE MADE HIM SWOLLOW IT??? That's poison as far as I'm concerned... much worse than "washing his mouth out with soap" which is also beyond ok. :mad:
It's your call... Your child... I wouldn't stand for it if I were you.
You've taken him to the hospital already, RIGHT???
This was Saturday and I picked them up today. He tried to not tell me but his sister ratted him out. He is fine and am sure he needs no medical help

shockwaveharry
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
If dish washing soap was going to kill you, you would be allowed to wash dishes with it. It's the bigger idiot theory at work.
You do shots of dish soap when you wash the dishes?
A 10 year old child is more vulnerable... Things that make you and I sick can kill a child or an elderly person. Things like bee stings, scorpion venom, or ingesting common household chemicals.
I just Googled "poison soap" and came up with this:
When you are poison proofing your home, or taking a safety tour with young children, consider the following checklist of things to be concerned about. While this is not an exhaustive list, it's a good starting point.
It can be especially useful when talking with children to ask them to point out poisons. Use this list to get things rolling.
KITCHEN
dish washing detergent
liquid dish soap
scouring soap
window cleaner
oven cleaner
medicines
vitamins
I don't have kids and I've never had to give this kind of stuff any thought but it's is just common fukin sense... You don't feed a child dish soap.

YeLLowBoaT
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I can't beleave she made him swallow it... when I was that age I cussed in front of my mother, she grabed me by the chin and put tabsaco on the back of my tongue. to this day I think I have only swarn once in front of her.

Focker
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
A 10 year old child is more vulnerable... Things that make you and I sick can kill a child or an elderly person. Things like bee stings, scorpion venom, or ingesting common household chemicals.
When you are poison proofing your home, or taking a safety tour with young children, consider the following checklist of things to be concerned about. While this is not an exhaustive list, it's a good starting point.
It can be especially useful when talking with children to ask them to point out poisons. Use this list to get things rolling.
KITCHEN
dish washing detergent
liquid dish soap
scouring soap
window cleaner
oven cleaner
medicines
vitamins
I don't have kids and I've never had to give this kind of stuff any thought but it's is just common fukin sense... You don't feed a child dish soap.
IM WITH U ON THIS ONE
AND
DAD IS JUST AS GUILTY AS MOM IF HE ALLOWS THAT SHIT TO HAPPEN TO HIS KIDS

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
KITCHEN
dish washing detergent
liquid dish soap
scouring soap
window cleaner
oven cleaner
medicines
vitamins
I pulled up the MSDS sheets on the Soap used and it wasnt good. I am luck he did'nt get sick. Its sad to think they got the idea from her new husbands Sister because she does it to her kids.

MudPumper
05-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Kinda hard to make somebody swallow something, believe me, my wife is a spitter. :devil: Shouldn't a 10 year old be smart enough not to swallow something like that?????

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 08:25 PM
IM WITH U ON THIS ONE
AND
DAD IS JUST AS GUILTY AS MOM IF HE ALLOWS THAT SHIT TO HAPPEN TO HIS KIDS
UMMMM Read a little Closer....... I am DAD and pretty sure I dont live with the X so I could'nt do a thing when it went down.
Bottom line is it is VERY wrong.

DSW
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
What happened to the good ole' days of having to go out to the back yard and fetch a switch for your pappy when you did somthing wrong? And if it was to small youd have to fetch a bigger one...:D

Troy McClure
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
And common fukin' sense tells you that if dishwashing soap was really poisonous, you wouldn't wash your dishes with it by hand.
I guarantee you, my common sense meter is redlining when yours is at a quarter.
UHmm, if H2O was poisonous would you drink it? Better stop drinking water then. Check that "common" sense meter.

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I can't beleave she made him swallow it... when I was that age I cussed in front of my mother, she grabed me by the chin and put tabsaco on the back of my tongue. to this day I think I have only swarn once in front of her.
sad thing is he thought he was alone when he droped the BOMB. Mom just happend to hear him and busted him. At least he knows not to say it around adults. I was never that smart

shockwaveharry
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I'll take my parenting advice from parents, thanks. And common fukin' sense tells you that if dishwashing soap was really poisonous, you wouldn't wash your dishes with it by hand.
If your parents taught you that feeding dish soap to a 10 year old is ok, then they fuked up.
Is it going to kill a 10 year old, not fukin' likely.
True, not likely... But is 1 poisoned kid out of 10 ok?
Probably not... I imagine we think alot alike. You just couldn't be any more wrong on this issue.

Dezertrider
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I'll take my parenting advice from parents, thanks. And common fukin' sense tells you that if dishwashing soap was really poisonous, you wouldn't wash your dishes with it by hand. It's just like shampoo. Is it great for you to drink the whole bottle? No. Is it going to kill a 10 year old, not fukin' likely.
I think your meter is broken!!!!!

Cas
05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
UMMMM Read a little Closer....... I am DAD and pretty sure I dont live with the X so I could'nt do a thing when it went down.
Bottom line is it is VERY wrong.
and you're just as guilty as Mom if you don't do something about it. As a parent, you HAVE to protect your child in any way possible.!!

mobldj
05-14-2007, 08:46 PM
remember that ralphie went blind with soap in his mouth,it it it was soap poisoning.(red rider bb gun)

bigq
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Yup!! My X wife made my Son (10yo) drink Liquid Anti Bacterial dish soap and grounded him for a month because he dropped the F Bomb. I know my kids know all the bad words (Mostly from me) but they know not to use them. Even if I didn聮t say them I know they would learn them from their friends.
He was forced to take 2 teaspoons full and drink it. He vomited on the second teaspoon. I pulled up the MSDS sheet on it and it said 聯drink 4-6 ounces of clear liquid and seek medical attention"
So now I am wondering???? Since I know I will be in court one day soon trying to keep my custody should I report this to CPS so I have a little ammo for court down the road????? This is the only bad thing she has done other then being retarded.
I have used liquid soap a couple times, but a little on the finger and rub in or chew on a bar as I did when I was a kid, but having them swallow is lame and apparently she must have been good in bed:D . In all seriousness i would leave the cps out of it because they might take them away from both of you which I am thinking is worse then the soap incident.

Cas
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
First off I have known Brian for sometime now and I guarantee he has already had a conversation with the X. (I assure you it was not spoken in a soft tone) If you take the time to read the original post he was looking for advice on reporting her to CPS, that聮s it nothing else. As for him being responsible for something that happened to his son while he was at his mom聮s house 4 days earlier is fuc*ing stupid. :sqeyes:
been there done that, I know what I'm talking about! I got custody of my kids for things that happened at their Mom's house. I was also told by mediators, judges and CPS that if I hadn't reported I would have been just as reponsible for not looking out for the best interest of my kids. What's going to happen next? What else is going to be just swept away? What's already happened that the kids haven't said anything about?

bigq
05-14-2007, 09:23 PM
been there done that, I know what I'm talking about! I got custody of my kids for things that happened at their Mom's house. I was also told by mediators, judges and CPS that if I hadn't reported I would have been just as reponsible for not looking out for the best interest of my kids. What's going to happen next? What else is going to be just swept away? What's already happened that the kids haven't said anything about?
Thats a good point! MAybe just report it to the police and ask the opinion or a lawyer. I would be scared of CPS taking the kids away:(

Baja Big Dog
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Well what do you know...another pair of people that shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, procreate. And who suffers...yep the innocent kids.
Too bad we don't have a "happy place" where all kids go when their parents decide that they made a mistake, wind up hating each other, and tossing the kids in the middle as the "bitching pole" to run all of there problems around.
I see this every day, the mom is a bitch, the dad is a dick, yada, yada, yada......
And most of the kids problems are around what...attention, quality attention, not, IM gonna take you someplace cool, better than the place your mom/dad took you to, or even worse taking the kids because you have to, its like an inconvenience. The best part is the kids don't know what the two of you are doing!!!! Right.
Should I turn my "X" into the authorities, yea right, that will solve all kind of problems. Lets let the kids see mom taken away or even questioned by the authorities, shouldn't be any permanent negative results from that!!!
How much time have you spent talking to your son about the ramifications of using the words they hear every day, from TV, mom, deodorants etc....are they gonna get away from it...come on, we all did it.
Have you talked to the "X" about what she did, hopefully not because thats probably just what she wants, a confrontation....
Well think I will get off my soapbox now. its just a shame.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Brian,
I hear what you are saying about the x.. If you were to take your child to emergency for this.. They would call CPS.. no question.
CPS is not something you want to mess with. If you feel she is a threat to the child report it. If it is not the only thing she has done, Report it. If you feel she will do it again report it.
Would she call on you if you were to do this?
Use your best judgement. Don't go by what people are saying go by what you feel should be done. You know her better then anyone and I know you have talked to her. What do you feel.
when we were little we had to brush our teeth with bar soap for bad words. Maybe she needs a parenting class. or a swift kick in the a$$.:)

Cas
05-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Should I turn my "X" into the authorities, yea right, that will solve all kind of problems. Lets let the kids see mom taken away or even questioned by the authorities, shouldn't be any permanent negative results from that!!!
they won't "take her away" in front of the kids nor will they even question her in front of them. Let me give you another little scenario. 2, 3, 6 months from now they end up back in court. Dad brings the soap deal up and now the authorities start asking him why he didn't do something about it when it happened? Now both parents at at fault for not looking out for their kids. Whether he calls CPS or the local PD, a record needs to be made of it.

KineticoH20
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I just read your post twice, I can not believe it, YOU SHOULD CALL THE AUTHORITIES. LIQUID DISH SOAP IS ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS CLEANERS IN YOUR HOME. Trust me I know about this. If the dishsoap had naptha in it, it can be very dangerous. What the Fock was she thinking. If it was my ex I would have her strung up for doing that to my son.
Liquid dish soap is the leading cause of poisonings in the home for children under the age of six (over 2.1 million accidental poisonings per year). Most brands of liquid dish soap contain formaldehyde and ammonia.
150 chemicals found in the home have been connected to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders. [Source: The Consumer Protection Agency)
Formaldehyde is a highly toxic substance. It is a known cancer-causing agent. It damages the neurological connectors in the body. It is an irritant to the eyes, nose, throat and lungs and may cause:
路 skin reactions
路 ear infections
路 headaches
路 depression
路 asthma
路 joint pain
路 dizziness
路 mental confusion
路 nausea
路 disorientation
路 phlebitis
路 fatigue
路 vomiting
路 sleep disturbances
路 laryngitis
At the same time anti-bacterial dish soap is becoming increasingly prevalent in grocery stores. Many people consider it a good thing as it will eliminate germs.
The trouble is that the anti-bacterial soaps are frequently ammonia based. If you mix ammonia and chlorine you create deadly chlorine gas.
Many household chemicals are incompatible; even products that you might not even consider a chemical at first thought. Liquid dish soap or even shampoo appear as innocent or innocuous soaps. I clean my sinks with Vim with Bleach before doing the dishes. Even with thorough rinsing you can smell anti-bacterial soap if you use it afterwards. In my opinion, some of the anti-bacterial soaps have a horrible smell.
Do some reaserch and find out how bad this is. Friggin criminal if you ask me, sorry for the rant but I just can't belive it still. I hope your boy is alright, but he should go to the doctor right now!!!

ratso
05-15-2007, 04:32 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/images/smilies/00000039.gif

OGShocker
05-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Brian:
Before you joined ***boat didn聮t I tell you not to ask for an opinion on any subject? All it does is bring out the people that know everything about your life and how you should have handled your life better from the day you were born. :rolleyes:
Between SWB and the BIG Bopper, I won't need to make a single choice in life. I'll just defer all decisions over to them as they obviously have their shit together more than I.
At the very least, you may want to document this incident with your family law attorney. Let your lawyer help you in this matter. Good luck with this and all you do.

centerhill condor
05-15-2007, 05:43 AM
the family situation is what it is. Not likely to improve with more court time either.
Be the man you want him to become.
CC

hoolign
05-15-2007, 05:52 AM
We are now living in a time where yelling at your kids has the neighbors calling CPS. If had been like that when I was growing up my parents would both be in jail and I would have been orphaned at about 5 years old. Had more bars of soap jammed in my mouth, more spankings ( after having to get my own switch- -and I can attest that the smallest one you can find - is not the best one! :D ) more groundings than I now think was ever actually possible. If she made him "drink' it yeah, I'd have a chat with her..and say" WTF were you thinking?" When she tries to put soap in your mouth -jamm it up her ass!

Dezertrider
05-15-2007, 05:53 AM
Brian:
Before you joined ***boat didn聮t I tell you not to ask for an opinion on any subject? All it does is bring out the people that know everything about your life and how you should have handled your life better from the day you were born. :rolleyes:
Yeah I know. LOL
I spoke to the X before posting this and sent her the MSDS sheets. she is very clear on how bad that was. Now that I have HB's thought I'm gonna ask the profesional's.

UltraStealth
05-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Just keep record of the incident. I wouldn't report it though. I don't think she had the intention's to hurt him in anyway. I would just bring it to her attention, to not use it anymore, use tabassco or something else. If you guys have a civil relationship, don't mess with it. I will just be more of a headache. If the relationship is not civil and will end up in court, keep record. Try to keep things out of court by using a mediator. It will save you time and money. I just went through a similar situation (divorce) and was able to get 50% joint custody. This was what I wanted as well as it is for my sons best interest to spend equal time with myself and his mom. Good Luck.

FOREVER2DOXIES
05-15-2007, 07:49 AM
like most everyone else here, i too was punished with soap in the mouth. again, it was bar soap and we spit the taste out for days after. i think that it is a sad state of affairs that this country has come to when we are not allowed to discipline our children for fear of the government coming in. i agree that sometimes government must get involved, but for parents to fear this and children to spew that they will "tell the authorities" is crap. we got spanked by hot wheels tracks and the belt when we were young. THAT was abuse. my grown children got spankings and time outs....and they always respected my authority...unlike a lot of children today. and my children are raising my grandsons in this same manner. they are the parent and what they say goes.
in any event, regarding you being responsible for what happens on his mothers' time...bullshit! we have custody of my fiance's daughter and every other week she is with us (since she was 13). whatever happens on mommy's time is mommy's responsibilty and vice versa....however (and this is a biggie) if there is something that concerns us about mommy time, as custodial parent, we must act somehow on it. we might not run to CPS (ours is 17 years old now) but we definitely let the mommy know what we feel. this way she is called to the floor as it were. knows we are aware and watching.
as a parent, i completely disagree with forcing a child to swallow anything, and yes, even tho he might know not to swallow, when it comes to fear or the wish to please a parent, a child might do anything. if you are going to court soon for custodial issues, keep logs. we did and we won. of course, they may want to interview the children (in the state of california a child of 8 can decide parental living arrangements)...so be prepared. i would say report her but i know that this might be on the bottom of the ist of importance...even tho it can be judged as abuse. :jawdrop:

ratso
05-15-2007, 08:00 AM
When my son was small, he got popped on the rear end when he misbehaved. Later on he was grounded... soap in the mouth? Never... It probably wouldn't have phased him though because whenever we went to the store, he always wanted those squirt lime or lemon juice things. Heck, that tasted worse than soap in the mouth to me!

CRZYBTCH
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
There Are Other Ways To Handle That Aside From Posion!

essexjet
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
If the liquid dish soap contained triclosan then that opens up a whole new can of worms. Many people are trying to get this banned out of liquid dish soap because of its potential to mix with chlorine in tap water. Read health concerns in the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triclosan

essexjet
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Remembering for a moment that it's found in toothpaste and mouthwash, if it's found to be dangerous, we have far more worries than moms washing their kids mouths out with dishwashing liquid.
It is, but none of them recommend ingestion and if swallowed by children consult a physician.

05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
I think most of you are missing the point here. Washing a kid's mouth out with soap is punishment, maybe cruel but it's punishment. Making a kid ingest liquid soaps or detergents is a crime. If your kid gets into a cupboard and grabs a bottle of liquid soap and drinks it, you can be charged with criminal negligence or worse. Forcing them to do it is beyond abuse. Liquid soaps share no common ingredients with bar soaps (except fragrance). Liquid soaps are concentrated and use triclosan as an active ingredient. I saw Shockwave Bob's pictures but every bottle in my house says, "seek medical attention immediately" (the brands were: Equate, Soft Soap, and Rite Aid). Dish soap is poison, which is why it is rinsed away after washing!
Not trying to argue here, just don't poison your kids!
----Rob

05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
I doubt that's for the Triclosan. There's a lot of nasty crap in mouthwash.
Which you rinse out and do not swallow, big difference. Drink Listerine and you will get sick.
Use as directed, you'll be just fine.

05-15-2007, 08:36 AM
You have to make products safe enough for even the lowest common denominator.
Agreed, but many products are not. In America we have the right to be stupid. I call it attrition!:D

Her454
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Only YOU know if your ex is a good parent or not.
I've had to eat soap as a kid and my daughter has blown a few soap bubbles herself, but making a child drink dishsoap is wrong. Apparently you have addressed it with her and she knows it wasn't the right thing to do. CPS would be a bit much in my opinion, but you are the only one that knows if she is truly a good parent and just made a STUPID mistake.

Biglue
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
A jalapeno for cursing would have made better sense than a soap. Worked for me as a kid.

BrendellaJet
05-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Honestly I'd report her ass. Cas was right, if you dont do it now, the point will be missed later on. Like others here, I sucked on a bar of soap as a kid for the same reason, I didn't have to swallow it htough, my Mom was smart enough to know that was a bad idea. Your kids mom is a fool for making him do that, borderline negligent if you ask me, capitalize on it! Dont wait and find out later that she thinks electric shock therapy is a good way to make him stop jacking off when he hits puberty.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
A jalapeno for cursing would have made better sense than a soap. Worked for me as a kid.
We used Tobasco sauce directly on the tongue....worked like a charm.
Man, what I wouldn't give to see Traci blow some bubbles ;):D
Hi T, how ya been?

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Honestly I'd report her ass. Cas was right, if you dont do it now, the point will be missed later on. Like others here, I sucked on a bar of soap as a kid for the same reason, I didn't have to swallow it htough, my Mom was smart enough to know that was a bad idea. Your kids mom is a fool for making him do that, borderline negligent if you ask me, capitalize on it! Dont wait and find out later that she thinks electric shock therapy is a good way to make him stop jacking off when he hits puberty.
Sure, report her............but if CPS really does find her negligent is Dezert Rider ready to be a full time dad and mom? She made a poor decision based on past experiences in her and others' lives(general soap in the mouth technique), I seriously doubt she was intending to harm the child, she just isn't bright enough to have known it.

Troy McClure
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Maybe when they're looking at my meter, they could take a look at your logic .............er..........."I'm not making any sense to anybody but myself" sensor.
My point was that just because something in small doses is not toxic, doesn't mean it is not dangerous
Water consumed in mass quantities is deadly, (not drowning). Another example, Alcohol. That bottle of Vodka you have in your wet bar doesn't have a warning label on it that says that it is potentially dangerous, but make a small kid drink a whole bottle and chances are he's going to die.

DesertGirl
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
He is absolutely ready to be a full time Dad. And he would be great at it. Loves his kids and they love him. On top of that they respect him.

Cas
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Sure, report her............but if CPS really does find her negligent is Dezert Rider ready to be a full time dad and mom? She made a poor decision based on past experiences in her and others' lives(general soap in the mouth technique), I seriously doubt she was intending to harm the child, she just isn't bright enough to have known it.
so you're saying to dismiss it due to convenience? doesn't fly!
I also didn't say he was responsible for what happened in his ex's house but he can also be found neligent as a parent for not doing anything about it. As far as reporting it to an attorney, that's not the place to go at all.....been there, done that also. The least thing to do would be to call the doctor to make an inquiry and have them make a note of it. Better yet, make an appointment so the doctor can see the child and let the doctor make the call on what to do.
Not only is it to protect the child but it could very well protect his a$$ at some point also.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 09:47 AM
He is absolutely ready to be a full time Dad. And he would be great at it. Loves his kids and they love him. On top of that they respect him.
That is great to hear. I did not mean to sound crass, I just know a few fathers that complained about things their ex's did but at the same time did not really want a child full time....so Kudo's to him for wanting that.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I also didn't say he was responsible for what happened in his ex's house but he can also be found neligent as a parent for not doing anything about it. As far as reporting it to an attorney, that's not the place to go at all.....been there, done that also. The least thing to do would be to call the doctor to make an inquiry and have them make a note of it. Better yet, make an appointment so the doctor can see the child and let the doctor make the call on what to do.
Not only is it to protect the child but it could very well protect his a$$ at some point also.
Not at all...see my post above. Not knowing the man its impossible to judge what one might be thinking. I was attempting to learn more about him.
CPS would be extreme IMO, the scenario you suggest is probably a far better option. Makes good sense.
As I said, its very doubtful she was trying to harm the child, just lack of knowing whats in the soap. Afterall its soap, right? The ingesting part is a little weird though.........someone needs to teach her all you need is the taste of dead horse in the mouth, not to eat it..

Bow Tie Omega
05-15-2007, 09:57 AM
All kidding aside, When I was still nursing in the ER, we had a dad, who did the same with liquid dish soap, the child did not swallow though, and the child had an anaphylactic reaction, his tongue and airway became so swollen, we had to intubate the child and place on a ventilator in the ICU for 2 days until the swelling was controlled and eventually went away. He kept saying he just did what his parents did to him, He felt absolutely horrible. I know my parents did the same, Sunlight was my flavor, I remember I said "Sucks" to my dad. He did not make me swallow, just a good rinsing. Regardless, we as parents have a lot more info at our fingertips now and can easily find out what is dangerous and what is not. There is no excuse for making the child swallow the soap. I would start by calling the police department and asking them for advice, let them know you wife made the child swallow the soap and ask how you should procede. Let them know you just found out. Let your attorney know as well. As was posted above, cover your ass, cover your ass, cover your ass.

Old Texan
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Damn, I didn't realize dish soap was so dangerous. I'm getting rid of all dish soap at the house and will go back to letting the dogs lick the plates clean.:idea:
Hmmmm, wonder if that would be irresponsible, having a pitbull in your kitchen licking off gravy???????:devil: :D

BrendellaJet
05-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Not at all...see my post above. Not knowing the man its impossible to judge what one might be thinking. I was attempting to learn more about him.
CPS would be extreme IMO, the scenario you suggest is probably a far better option. Makes good sense.
As I said, its very doubtful she was trying to harm the child, just lack of knowing whats in the soap. Afterall its soap, right? The ingesting part is a little weird though.........someone needs to teach her all you need is the taste of dead horse in the mouth, not to eat it..
Stupidity isn't an excuse! How many people here would really force their child to swallow something that wasn't intended for human consumption. She wasn't just making him taste it(which would have been acceptable) she made him swallow it!

BrendellaJet
05-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Damn, I didn't realize dish soap was so dangerous. I'm getting rid of all dish soap at the house and will go back to letting the dogs lick the plates clean.:idea:
Hmmmm, wonder if that would be irresponsible, having a pitbull in your kitchen licking off gravy???????:devil: :D
Why not just buy a dishwasher?

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Stupidity isn't an excuse! How many people here would really force their child to swallow something that wasn't intended for human consumption. She wasn't just making him taste it(which would have been acceptable) she made him swallow it!
Thats why she needs to be taught, I agree, ignorance is no defense.....just I think that CPS would be extreme.....now if she had bad intentions and was deliberately trying to harm him then LEO & CPS should be called within seconds..........
I'm trying to be reasonable, we've all done dumb stuff cuz we didn't know better at some point in our lives...I think CAS had a great idea about seeing a Doc and making sure the child is not in danger from it..and to cover his butt. Too many people are so quick to take it right to the top and sue or take someone down, reasonable discussions between parties can resolve issues much more civil-like........and probably make life easier for all involved, especially the child in the middle who deserves only the best from both parents.

Old Texan
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Why not just buy a dishwasher?
What ya got against dogs gettin' a little gravy? Besides we're trying to eliminate toxic household chemicals and dishwasher soap is bad shiat....:D
My Lab can put a shine on a dinner plate no Kenmore can touch and my collie can get right down in those glasses with that long snout. Spotless I tell ya.....:devil:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
If dish soap was really THAT poisonous, your typically slack jawed yokel wouldn't be allowed to wash their dishes with it, for fear of not rinsing them properly and killing everybody in their household.
I would wash my dishes with Mr. Clean straight, but if my kid ingested a few teaspoons, I'd be calling poison control. Same goes for softscrub, ammonia and Formula 409. I'd wash my dishes with any of them (if I needed clean dishes bad enough) but they are all poisonous if swallowed.
DezertRider, I'd just talk to your attorney and be thankful he threw up. Too bad he didn't toss cookies all over mom.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I would wash my dishes with Mr. Clean straight, but if my kid ingested a few teaspoons, I'd be calling poison control. Same goes for softscrub, ammonia and Formula 409. I'd wash my dishes with any of them (if I needed clean dishes bad enough) but they are all poisonous if swallowed.
I'd just talk to your attorney and be thankful he threw up. Too bad he didn't toss cookies all over mom.
How come you always makes things sound so simple? :D:D
:)

Debbolas
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
When my oldest daughter (now in college) was a little girl, she lied....and wouldn't stop. We finally had her sit in the bathroom with a bar of zest in her mouth each time she lied. (for like a minute) She never lied again:D (that I know of)
Two teaspoons sounds like a lot of soap:(
I prefer the bar of soap method.
Oh, and if you kids are bad and fighting with each other, the best thing to do is make them sit on each others laps ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
How come you always makes things sound so simple? :D:D
:)
Because I am a simple girl. Just ask anyone who knows me :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh, and if you kids are bad and fighting with each other, the best thing to do is make them sit on each others laps ;)
LOL, I make mine hold hands

Sleek-Jet
05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
If you do drop a dime to CPS... be prepared for them to crawl up you ass as far as they crawl up the ex's...

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Because I am a simple girl. Just ask anyone who knows me :D
We need more people like you on this earth....Life would be so much more pleasant.

ratso
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Brian,
I hear what you are saying about the x.. If you were to take your child to emergency for this.. They would call CPS.. no question.
CPS is not something you want to mess with. If you feel she is a threat to the child report it. If it is not the only thing she has done, Report it. If you feel she will do it again report it.
Would she call on you if you were to do this?
Use your best judgement. Don't go by what people are saying go by what you feel should be done. You know her better then anyone and I know you have talked to her. What do you feel.
when we were little we had to brush our teeth with bar soap for bad words. Maybe she needs a parenting class. or a swift kick in the a$$.:)
...and yet you still have quite the "potty mouth"...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif :D

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
CPS will first check out her place, then they will check out yours.
Have your place clean, food for kids on hand, toilets clean and flushing, refer clean & dialed in, no porn anyplace,, a decent spot for all the kids to sleep, ect ect,,,
They'll come a knockin'.
I've been through it when my ex screwed up like this.

DesertGirl
05-15-2007, 02:39 PM
How do other people punish their kids on here? For say.... lying, arguing with each other, backtalk, doing something or NOT doing something after they are told to, poor school grades, all the typical kid stuff.
Ours ususally get grounded, no toys, or playing with all the friends. But definetly no swalling soap!

Xlration Marine
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Gosh I remeber getting a bar of soap in the mouth, 99.9 percent chit. A dab or small taste is one thing, but enough to do the dish's is another. My wife screwed up once and I had the cops on her ass, warrent and the whole thing. What she did was way to much. If it were me I would hand her,her ass. Nobody and I meen nobody F's with my girls.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Did he fart bubbles? :D
In all seriousness, I think forcing a kid to swallow 2 tablespoons of liquid soap is just wrong but calling CPS might create a bigger headache. BUT knowing you guys, you are a good father and would have nothing to worry about with CPS. Just the inconvenience of it I suppose.
This is pretty good amo against her taking them out of state though, don't you think?

Dezertrider
05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes that is my concern.

Dezertrider
05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Did he fart bubbles? :D
In all seriousness, I think forcing a kid to swallow 2 tablespoons of liquid soap is just wrong but calling CPS might create a bigger headache. BUT knowing you guys, you are a good father and would have nothing to worry about with CPS. Just the inconvenience of it I suppose.
This is pretty good amo against her taking them out of state though, don't you think?
Having the kids full time would be the best. I would never have to take the trash out, Walk the dog or do dishes again.

PunkAssBitch
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't have much more to add to what all has been said already....BUT...with the CPS thing...quite honestly, I've had to deal with them too many times due to H's issues. They can be scary, but really...they're not all that scary. They use common sense more than people want to give them credit for.
Oh lordy...I can share with you some stories. That boy reported me once for tossing a fabric potholder across the kitchen at him after he cussed me out. He just loves to cry wolf & waste everyone's time.

JMC
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
You guy's kill me. Now I wouldn't have gone with the hand soap, but I bet he will be just fine. Any of you guys ever have to siphon gas? I know a few of you can tell me what unleaded tastes like:) What about when your spraying tire cleaner and you inhale some of the mist by accident...that is absorbed immediately. Some women that actually clean their own home will get a nice taste of the scrubbing bubble fumes when they coat the tub. What about tile grout cleaner? We all ingest and inhale more than we will ever realize. Hell I hear the kids are now drinking capfulls of bleach to beat drug test's.

pixilatedpussy
05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Im sure your X never intentionally menat to hurt your child, but reacted in the heat of passion. But if these kind of punishments are becomming a pattern...I think you should definitely make record of it somewhere.
It is very important that the kids get to visit both parents & it would be a shame if this was an isolated incident that kept them from seeing her ever again.
Was is smart...HELL NO! I would be pissed off too! But punishment was obviously necessary...unfortunaltely she handled it wrong.
I assume you talked to her about it...hopefully she will make a better choice of punishment method next time...when & if need be.
Sorry hun.

pixilatedpussy
05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
How do other people punish their kids on here? For say.... lying, arguing with each other, backtalk, doing something or NOT doing something after they are told to, poor school grades, all the typical kid stuff.
Ours ususally get grounded, no toys, or playing with all the friends. But definetly no swalling soap!
Hey Kathy....To be quite honest ...I havent really read this whole thread....Just parts of it..
I deal with the typical back talk every now & again, or door slamming, & the siblings arguing....but that is typical childhood behavior.
Annoying...yep...but normal.
Time outs in the room have always worked for us. We have taken the Playstation away once or twice? As for door slamming...they have to open & shut it the correct way 50 times!:D They hate that!
As for the "F" Bomb....havent had it happen!

topless
05-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Now what would happen if your daughter goes to school and tell her teacher about this? They could call CPS and when they do visit and talk to the kids, they will know that you were aware of this.

DesertGirl
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Kathy....To be quite honest ...I havent really read this whole thread....Just parts of it..
I deal with the typical back talk every now & again, or door slamming, & the siblings arguing....but that is typical childhood behavior.
Annoying...yep...but normal.
Time outs in the room have always worked for us. We have taken the Playstation away once or twice? As for door slamming...they have to open & shut it the correct way 50 times!:D They hate that!
As for the "F" Bomb....havent had it happen!
Hey Hun - how you doing / feeling these days??
I like the "50 times correctly thing" that sounds awesome. We need to think of some more original punishments other than the no toys or PSP for 2 weeks thing.

Cas
05-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Now what would happen if your daughter goes to school and tell her teacher about this? They could call CPS and when they do visit and talk to the kids, they will know that you were aware of this.
Bingo!

BrendellaJet
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Bingo!
COVER YOUR ASS!

Her454
05-16-2007, 07:18 AM
or door slamming, & the siblings arguing....but that is typical childhood behavior.
As for door slamming...they have to open & shut it the correct way 50 times!:D They hate that!
LOL, my daughter was a horrible door slammer, and the 50 times thing didnt work with her, she almost enjoyed it! So I took her door completely off the hinges for a month, NO DOOR on the bedroom. She never did it again.

Biglue
05-16-2007, 08:27 AM
LOL, my daughter was a horrible door slammer, and the 50 times thing didnt work with her, she almost enjoyed it! So I took her door completely off the hinges for a month, NO DOOR on the bedroom. She never did it again.
That's funny. I get kitchen drawers and cabinets slammed on me to let me know how mad she is all the time. Pisses me off because we remodeled the kitchen and had new cabinets installed a couple years ago. One of these days she's going to walk into bare cabinet frames. :D :D :D

Her454
05-16-2007, 10:20 AM
That's funny. I get kitchen drawers and cabinets slammed on me to let me know how mad she is all the time. Pisses me off because we remodeled the kitchen and had new cabinets installed a couple years ago. One of these days she's going to walk into bare cabinet frames. :D :D :D
LOL, she used to slam those too................ she is not so quick to slam anything anymore once she lost her Privacy for awhile. :D :D

Baja Big Dog
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Guarentee some where, some place there is a law against this...punishable by
by up to 5 years in jail.:D

ratso
05-16-2007, 10:42 AM
My third wife lived in a house where her stepdad never installed any of the doors, on the bedrooms or anything... and just had a curtain over the bathroom door. Kind of strange. http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif She was a knockout, perfect body, perfect rack... She said she was always her stepdaddy's favorite...:jawdrop:

Her454
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Guarentee some where, some place there is a law against this...punishable by
by up to 5 years in jail.:D
I thought about that too LOL (and Im sure if my ex thought he could get away with calling CPS on me for something stupid like this, he would have).

topless
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
LOL, my daughter was a horrible door slammer, and the 50 times thing didnt work with her, she almost enjoyed it! So I took her door completely off the hinges for a month, NO DOOR on the bedroom. She never did it again.I did the same thing to my son. LOL

Ziggy
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I did the same thing to my son. LOL
Same here with the daughter...........she stood there stunned as I removed it and put it up in the garage rafters..............
The shit still slams it now and then so I start to pull pins and she appologizes real quick :D:D

CBadDad
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I couldn't finish reading all of the reply's before posting. I sure as hell hope you called CPS. It is no where near as bad as some of the replys here suggest. They don't want to take your kids away, but they will investigate every complaint. My ex called on me three times. Each and every time I talked to them and resolved the issue. The last time I told them I thought this crap was getting out of hand and bordering on harrassment. Haven't seen them since.
Just yesterday, I called in a report to CPS about their mother. I just found out that the kids are have been living with out any electricity for the last three days. They're coming to my house today and will be staying until she gets her act together. If that doesn't happen soon, I'll be seeking full custody (I currently have 50%).

ratso
05-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I couldn't finish reading all of the reply's before posting. I sure as hell hope you called CPS. It is no where near as bad as some of the replys here suggest. They don't want to take your kids away, but they will investigate every complaint. My ex called on me three times. Each and every time I talked to them and resolved the issue. The last time I told them I thought this crap was getting out of hand and bordering on harrassment. Haven't seen them since.
Just yesterday, I called in a report to CPS about their mother. I just found out that the kids are have been living with out any electricity for the last three days. They're coming to my house today and will be staying until she gets her act together. If that doesn't happen soon, I'll be seeking full custody (I currently have 50%).
Too many chicks can barely take care of theirselves... much less kids too.:confused:

Miss Jackie
05-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry but she sounds like a F-ing idiot - OMG! He is freaken 10 yrs old. I think bar soap for maybe one minute would have been sufficient enough.
I hope you ripped her a new a$$hole for doing this.
This story pisses me off.

CBadDad
05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Too many chicks can barely take care of theirselves... much less kids too.:confused:
Ain't that the truth. My youngest, she's in third grade, hadn't taken a shower or bath since she left my house on Sunday morning. Didn't eat any breakfast and had leftover chicken & rice for lunch. Not a big deal, but I could've put money in an acct at school for breakfast and lunch if I would've known. :mad: My middle child only had pretzels for lunch (no breakfast). My oldest has been mochin' off of his girlfriends folks. It was so quiet at dinner tonight, they were all chowing down. I felt so bad for them, I didn't know what to do.....

Trailer Park Casanova
05-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Now that was a good idea.

v-drive
05-18-2007, 04:38 AM
All kidding aside, When I was still nursing in the ER, we had a dad, who did the same with liquid dish soap, the child did not swallow though, and the child had an anaphylactic reaction, his tongue and airway became so swollen, we had to intubate the child and place on a ventilator in the ICU for 2 days until the swelling was controlled and eventually went away. He kept saying he just did what his parents did to him, He felt absolutely horrible. I know my parents did the same, Sunlight was my flavor, I remember I said "Sucks" to my dad. He did not make me swallow, just a good rinsing. Regardless, we as parents have a lot more info at our fingertips now and can easily find out what is dangerous and what is not. There is no excuse for making the child swallow the soap. I would start by calling the police department and asking them for advice, let them know you wife made the child swallow the soap and ask how you should procede. Let them know you just found out. Let your attorney know as well. As was posted above, cover your ass, cover your ass, cover your ass.
your memory is tainted young grasshopper. The word was sucks with an f in front and probably not the s...:D v-drive (aka)pop

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-18-2007, 05:59 AM
Ain't that the truth. My youngest, she's in third grade, hadn't taken a shower or bath since she left my house on Sunday morning. Didn't eat any breakfast and had leftover chicken & rice for lunch. Not a big deal, but I could've put money in an acct at school for breakfast and lunch if I would've known. :mad: My middle child only had pretzels for lunch (no breakfast). My oldest has been mochin' off of his girlfriends folks. It was so quiet at dinner tonight, they were all chowing down. I felt so bad for them, I didn't know what to do.....
This is a bigger deal than you think. I have many students falling asleep in class because they don't eat breakfast. Also, when we were testing last month, I noticed on the first day, about 6 students didn't finish the test. The next day and everyday after that, I brought either sweet&salty granola bars, apple juice, or peanut butter crackers and I usually only had zero or maybe 1 student not finish. It was amazing the difference a little protein and/or carbs made to their bodies.
If they don't eat breakfast, it makes it more difficult for them to concentrate on their studies and what the teacher is saying. Make sure they get a breakfast with protein for sustained energy. NOT DONUTS!!!!! Rant off :)