PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle training course

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Anyone know where I can go for a motorcycle training course. I am looking for one that will give you the waiver for the DMV skills test.

racecar.hotshoe
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
we just did the Honda one in Colton.we did the quad one it was 4 hours long.Heres there number 909-430-3000

clownpuncher
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
There's a two or three day course in San Bernardino. Can't think of the name....does that help?:D

beaverretriever
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Most community colleges offer them. Harley offers one that is called Riders Edge. If you pass the class you will not have to do anything at the DMV but pick up your new license.
We offer Riders Edge at my shop. Good Luck.

sleekcraft80
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Anyone know where I can go for a motorcycle training course. I am looking for one that will give you the waiver for the DMV skills test.
I did the DMV skill test on a full dress Harley and past the first time:eek:

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I did the DMV skill test on a full dress Harley and past the first time:eek:
I have heard of guys like you....that is awesome!! I don't think I could do that.

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 07:59 PM
There's a two or three day course in San Bernardino. Can't think of the name....does that help?:D
That is actually the one I was considering...maybe someone knows the number. I am also interested in the one that Harley gives, since that is what I'll be riding.

TahitiTiger
05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
make sure you find a course that is CA state approved. Even then the instructor will tell you it is completely optional for the DMV to accept yer certificate from the course, they can deny it. But 95% of the time they accept :D.

beernut
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
theres one up here at :www.ccmtrider.com, runs $230, 2 classroom, 2 riding lessons, but you still have to go to d.m.v. for the permit and pic, ect

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info. guys. I'm so excited to get out there & learn to ride. I'm tired of being a passenger. Does anyone know how to sign up for the rider's course that Harley offers?

Havasu1986
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
we just did the Honda one in Colton.we did the quad one it was 4 hours long.Heres there number 909-430-3000
My wife is a certified instructor for Honda out in Colton. She also works alot of the Supercross events.

mrs.rvrluvr
05-14-2007, 09:08 PM
My wife is a certified instructor for Honda out in Colton. She also works alot of the Supercross events.
cool...someone gave me the number for the one in Colton...I will check it out.:)

Havasu1986
05-14-2007, 09:17 PM
cool...someone gave me the number for the one in Colton...I will check it out.:)
She mostly does kids moto x though. :)

HavasuSelect
05-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I just did mine! As stated before most communtiy colleges offer the class. You'll do fine, good luck.
Most community colleges offer them. Harley offers one that is called Riders Edge. If you pass the class you will not have to do anything at the DMV but pick up your new license.
We offer Riders Edge at my shop. Good Luck.
In CA we have to go to DMV and take a written after the class. However the written is useless, you can pretty much take the test until you pass.

Ivan Dan
05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
This is the one I took (http://www.riderite.net/index.asp) and it was super easy!

shockwaveharry
05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Weather you do the DMV or take a private course, is there someone that can loan you a smaller bike? Slow speed manuvers would be 100 times easier on a Shadow than a full dress Harley!
Keep your eyes open out there! ;)

Ivan Dan
05-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Weather you do the DMV or take a private course, is there someone that can loan you a smaller bike? Slow speed manuvers would be 100 times easier on a Shadow than a full dress Harley!
That is the nice part about the course....they give you smaller style bikes to use and it makes it really easy.

JustMVG
05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Wasn't that a great course!!?? I enjoyed going there and even though i have been riding since i was a little kid, i needed to get my motorcycle cert since i had not gotten the M added to my DL for many years, i found the instructors to be real easy to work with, and i even picked up some tips that i either had forgotten or never knew. I highly recommend that if you can go to the Honda Training Center in Colton, please do, you won't regret it. And let me add that just about any MSF course you find thru the MSF will be good, i just had a great time here.

mororless
05-14-2007, 10:38 PM
mrs. rvrluvr. Took the one out of Barstow from Johnstons M/C Training Center 17250 pARKVALLEY Ave Palmdale Ca 93591. They are located in Palmdale but come out to Barstow to give the class. I only have the number for the MSF. 800-446-9227. It was 3 days. Friday night, then half day Saturday and then half day on Sunday. Was a good class. They provide helmet and bike.

RitcheyRch
05-15-2007, 04:46 AM
I took one at College of the Canyons a few years ago.

Sportin' Wood
05-15-2007, 06:14 AM
I took the riderite course in Corona and was very happy with the course. I still learned a thing or two after 20+ years offroad.:D Pretty fun watching a guy the size of a house drop a 175 enduro.:)

Mardonzi
05-15-2007, 07:51 AM
I think Moroless is thinking of the same school I am up in Barstow. Victorville Harley Davidson will have more information for you.
I took a course along time ago, even though I'd been riding for years. Best thing I ever did, not to mention the 15% savings on insurance for taking a course.
What type of HD are you thinking about? (something about women on bikes,,,, :devil: )

Havasu Luvr
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
I just called MSF Motorcycle Safety Foundation and they offer a course in Hesperia, San Bernardino and Colton. I'm calling the Hesperia school for time/dates and availability.... you game?
Hesperia Class has 5 openings left, "A" schedule start June 16th, 3 - 5hrs days @ $235. I'm signing up now. Do you want to do this as a team?

Kilrtoy
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Not picking on you but this is some of the worst advice I have seen.
You train on what you ride. Take training serious and these courses even thou they are rudimentary, they will still show 30 veteran motorcycle rider a thing or twenty

mrs.rvrluvr
05-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I think Moroless is thinking of the same school I am up in Barstow. Victorville Harley Davidson will have more information for you.
I took a course along time ago, even though I'd been riding for years. Best thing I ever did, not to mention the 15% savings on insurance for taking a course.
What type of HD are you thinking about? (something about women on bikes,,,, :devil: )
For now...I'm starting with a smaller bike..probably a Deuce....my dream bike is the Deluxe.

mrs.rvrluvr
05-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I just called MSF Motorcycle Safety Foundation and they offer a course in Hesperia, San Bernardino and Colton. I'm calling the Hesperia school for time/dates and availability.... you game?
Hesperia Class has 5 openings left, "A" schedule start June 16th, 3 - 5hrs days @ $235. I'm signing up now. Do you want to do this as a team?
That sounds great! I will PM you for some more info.

Havasu Luvr
05-15-2007, 10:09 AM
That sounds great! I will PM you for some more info.
Cool, let me know:D

shockwaveharry
05-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Not picking on you but this is some of the worst advice I have seen.
You train on what you ride. Take training serious and these courses even thou they are rudimentary, they will still show 30 veteran motorcycle rider a thing or twenty
You learn to crawl before you learn to walk... How could this be bad advise? :confused:
The DMV is a short test and an aftermarket course is gunna be a few lessons and a test. It's better to ride something you can handle with confidence, learn the techniques they are teaching and get your license, then apply that knowledge on the bigger bike.
You know, I've never picked on you... :(

Riverguy92345
05-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Just took the one in Hesperia, piece of cake. Sent Easy the number. You should go with her..Let me know if you need more information

Havasu1986
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
You learn to crawl before you learn to walk... How could this be bad advise? :confused:
The DMV is a short test and an aftermarket course is gunna be a few lessons and a test. It's better to ride something you can handle with confidence, learn the techniques they are teaching and get your license, then apply that knowledge on the bigger bike.
Like I said earlier my wife works part time at the Colton Facility. She teaches mostly kids MX but has done some street bike classes. She totally agrees with you Harry.:) There were some fully dressed bikes when she worked 2 weeks ago and they coulnd't finish the course. At Honda you have the option of using your bike or a smaller Honda.

Kilrtoy
05-15-2007, 12:07 PM
You are right I don't know jack shit about riding a motorcycle let alone teaching the techniques of safe riding a motorcycle,
WHAT WAS I THINKING??????:confused: :confused: :confused:

shockwaveharry
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
You are right I don't know jack shit about riding a motorcycle let alone teaching the techniques of safe riding a motorcycle,
WHAT WAS I THINKING??????:confused: :confused: :confused:
I didn't believe 'em before but, Dude... You're a nut! ;)
Take two of these and don't post till tomorrow morning...
http://www.exceler8ion.com/wp-images/Chill-Pill.pnghttp://www.exceler8ion.com/wp-images/Chill-Pill.png