PDA

View Full Version : Launching with a Polaris 700 XP

Greenie5
05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Has anybody used their Polaris 700xp to launch their boat? If so what was the weight of the boat and how did it work?

Greenie5
05-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I guess that is a no since 25 have viewed and no replies:confused:

fc-pilot
05-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I might try posting this in the v-drive section. I know a few guys use them for their flat bottoms. They also use the Rhino’s too. They should have more info.
Paul

The Doctor
05-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Has anybody used their Polaris 700xp to launch their boat? If so what was the weight of the boat and how did it work?
I use a Polaris Ranger T/M to pull my trailers/boats/etc. around the lot but don't believe it would be wise to launch a boat with it given the weight differential. They probably have sufficient power to do the job but you'll need a very large family sitting on the Polaris to keep it above water. We've all seen jap trucks barely keeping themselves dry and I know the Polaris units to be far less weight than the little trucks. If you decide to try it, please remember to take a video camera.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-28-2007, 06:00 AM
We've seen people launching their pwc's with them at the Rio, but they usually tell us it's not a good idea.
And:
The BLM has banned using/riding Rhinos, Mules and Polaris and ALL quads in all their campgrounds and launchramps and they were enforcing the ban over Memorial day weekend on the Cali side.
I know it sux, felt bad for folks that have invested in them, but the LEOS are really following through and nailing everyone. A bad break for sure.
Golfcarts are grandfathered in and still OK.
Most campgrounds are on BLM leased land BTW and that's where the rules kick in.

78CoLe
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
i launch me 18' jet and me buddy 26 dcb at park moabi never had any problems launching or the law mines a 06 500 with a lift stock size after marked tires i just use low with the dcb and diff lock

Big Kahunaa
06-20-2007, 02:35 PM
i launch me 18' jet and me buddy 26 dcb at park moabi never had any problems launching or the law mines a 06 500 with a lift stock size after marked tires i just use low with the dcb and diff lock
i are thinks you be drunk

89 Carrera
06-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Just dont try to launch on the beach