PDA

View Full Version : Vessel Assist or Sea Tow??

talbert450r
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Which is better? Do they pay for the towing if you are boating where they don't have a port, like Lake Mead? Any experiences with either of these companies good or bad?

Focker
05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Which is better? Do they pay for the towing if you are boating where they don't have a port, like Lake Mead? Any experiences with either of these companies good or bad?
GOT SEATOW
THEY HAVE BEEN AWESOME
HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT VESSEL ASSIST

OSidePat
05-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Vessel Assist has been my choice for 4 years and they were great when they pulled us off a shallow on our way back from the sand bar

mark49
05-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Vessel assist, got to know them up front and personal. Did a complete rehab on my 73 Hondo jet. Dumped it in the water at site 6. Made it to Windsor bay before my world ended. Come to find out one of my dumb shits had turned the bypass water valve off ..
FIRE, WATER, and smoke... Passed on the tow insurance 50 bucks a year, paid these nice people at Vessel Assist 250 bucks for a mile tow and pumping out the water when it blew/burned off the exhaust hoses.. Now sitting at Rons Marine for another rebuild.
Needless to say my next trip down im signing up for the year.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 02:47 AM
We belong to VA.
They have been taken over by someone else in the past 5 years, and only have bankers hours in the mostly voicemail business office which once seemed avail 24/7.
The emergency number is still supposed to be 24/7 though.
Sea Tow is said to have improved their coverage and service.
So much can go wrong at sea, it's a good idea to belong.

cola
05-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Vessel Assist for years, but Larry in Havasu with Sea Tow is a very good guy.
Mike

shippingguy
05-15-2007, 07:11 AM
We have Vessel Assist.

Kachina26
05-15-2007, 07:20 AM
I have vessel assist and they have done a fine job on all 4 tows.

Hardly Satisfied
05-15-2007, 08:09 AM
I have Sea Tow, I was towed this pass weekend and it would have cost me $870.00 if I did not have them. I was right around the corner from hwy 40. I was towed back to the Marina in havasu very happy with there service, also if you are boating somewere else and there is no sea tow there I think they will cover the tow bill up to $5000.00 .you have to pay the bill and turn it into sea tow, also if I am on someone else's boat they will cover it. I don't think you can go wrong with either

shockwavebd
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Sea tow.........we sell it at the corona shop.............951-734-6000...:D

VESSEL ASSIST
05-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Go Big Red!!!!!!!
Well I think Vessel Assist is the correct answer to the question.
I do know Russ the owner of sea tow lake havasu (Capt Larry retired), he's a good guy and provides a good service however I'm kinda partial and lean towards the Vessel Assist/BoatUS membership program.
Either way get yourself covered with some sort of towing coverage. At the current John-Q-Public towing rates of $175.00 to $225.00 per hour of run time (port to port) your tow bill without membership is going to lighten your bank roll to say the least. The national average for recreational boat towing is around $400.00 to $600.00 per tow.
The reason I urge you to become a member of Vessel Assist or Sea Tow is because I am tired of having to be the bad guy that emptys your wallet and dings your credit card which in turn wrecks your weekend. You know chances are sooner or later your going to need service. Better to be a member and not need service then to require assistance and not be.
While I'm not positive what sea tow's membership rates are I can tell you ours and I would suggest either one of these two:
$85.00 per year, = $500.00 tow coverage = about a 4 hour tow.
$127.00 per year, = $2500.00 tow coverage = about a 20 hour tow.
This coverage is per incident and covers any boat you own, borrow or charter. This means jump starts, broken motor, broken drive, busted propeller, electrical problems, motor fell outta the boat, for most of what ever reason you need to be towed, your covered. As you can see either of these two membership levels should have you pretty covered. Your membership goes with you where ever you go boating (San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Catalina, Lake Tahoe, The Delta etc... and if we don't have a towing company at your local lake 800 dispatch will still do everything in it's power to get you handled. Membership has it's privileges!
From the south end of Lake Havasu to Laughlin there are six tow boats ready to go 24/7/365
When your ready to become a member or have any questions give me a call and we can get you hooked up right over the phone without your credit card flying through the online cyberspace. (928) 788-1815 office, (928) 444-0383 cell.
For those of you interested in Sea Tow memberships Russ at Lake Havasu Sea Tow's # is (928) 727-6945
Have a grrrrrreat day.
Capt. Greg Ewing
Vessel Assist Needles
Memberships Available!

Todd969
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM
I would say Sea Tow:D
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/BoatsUS.jpg?t=1179260095

VESSEL ASSIST
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
That's some funny stuff right there!!!
I too have got myself into some places not so good trying to help a member.
I've wound up beaching my tow boat a few times after pulling a member boat to safety. It happens.
But we gotta do what we gotta do to help our members out.
Thanks for the cool pic:D

JET-O-VATOR
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
just go up river if you break.. you let good ol' mother nature take you back to the trailer :D :)

cola
05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
just go up river if you break.. you let good ol' mother nature take you back to the trailer :D :)
Thats the way we did it in the 70's on Parker Strip. Always run it hard up river.
Mike

squirt'nmyload
05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
don't need either......us jetboaters here stick together in case one needs help....i've got towed before and finally had to return the favor this weekend :)

bohica
05-15-2007, 03:15 PM
With the way gas prices are these days, maybe it would be a good idea to sign up. I'd save a ton on fuel by just calling at the end of the day and having them tow me back to the ramp.:D

Throttle
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
and I will tow you! I might as well say it up front, cuz someone is going to after this years poker run... I got it comin... and goin...
NOT ANYMORE! :mad:
I have sea tow...

PBOCOP
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I have had both of them.
I had Sea Tow before I won a year membership at the Regatta. I think switched to Vessel Assist.
I have been thrilled to death with both of them and it is so worth it !!
Nothing better than knowing if something happens, you just dial them up, float a bit, wait for them to get there, hook up, and get a nice tow home drinking beers and getting some sun.
Nothing worse than towing a buddy in. Have to drive so slow, so much work. If I have a buddy with me and I break down, I would still call for my Vessel Assist or Sea Tow. So much easier, so much less stress.
If you don't have one of these, get it !!
Patrick O'Malley

Strippoker
05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
sea tow :D

Tequila-John
05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
i know of a couple Mortgage companys and a notary co. that need Vessel Assist becasue they are sinking ships!

Parker Dreamin
05-15-2007, 04:32 PM
i know of a couple Mortgage companys and a notary co. that need Vessel Assist becasue they are sinking ships!
:confused: