PDA

View Full Version : Incredible travel deal-Calgary golf?

BoatPI
05-15-2007, 05:33 AM
As some of know i own a place near Brown...In Canmore, Alberta, Canada. An incredible place outside of Calgary. No local power boating but just about everything else.
So here is the last minute deal for golf, mountain biking, or just relaxing. First understand that air fares generally run between $440 and $600 RT.
Deal: Depart Long Beach (LGB) between 5/29 and return by about 6/5 for as little at $83 EACH WAY!! Book with US Airways. Yeah. less than a Vegas flight. These are not red-eyes, depart at 6:50 am and take a return flight at about 3:03 pm.
Other airports are higher but still cheap as this is just after Memorial Day. Including all taxes about $231. In 25 years of flying to this area I have never seen flight prices close to this deal.
If you golf, or just want to chill in some of the cleanest air around, check it out. And FYI US Dollar is worth about $1.10 in Canadian bucks.
One golf link http://www.silvertipresort.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=25
PM me for details and if you are up between 5/30 and 6/2 U can join me for a beer and some hockey on the plasma.
One golf link http://www.silvertipresort.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=25

hoolign
05-15-2007, 05:58 AM
As some of know i own a place near Brown...In Canmore, Alberta, Canada. An incredible place outside of Calgary. No local power boating but just about everything else.
So here is the last minute deal for golf, mountain biking, or just relaxing. First understand that air fares generally run between $440 and $600 RT.
Deal: Depart Long Beach (LGB) between 5/29 and return by about 6/5 for as little at $83 EACH WAY!! Book with US Airways. Yeah. less than a Vegas flight. These are not red-eyes, depart at 6:50 am and take a return flight at about 3:03 pm.
Other airports are higher but still cheap as this is just after Memorial Day. Including all taxes about $231. In 25 years of flying to this area I have never seen flight prices close to this deal.
If you golf, or just want to chill in some of the cleanest air around, check it out. And FYI US Dollar is worth about $1.10 in Canadian bucks.
PM me for details and if you are up between 5/30 and 6/2 U can join me for a beer and some hockey on the plasma.
Canuck 1 is almost your neighbor, Brown is about 12 hours east. Hanson is 7 hours North and I'm about 2.5 from Canmore. Awsome place. Very beautiful scenery all around there!

BoatPI
05-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Been to Red Deer at mackintosh house.
I will have my Ducks jeresy on..

Wild Horses
05-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Iv'e stayed in Canmore many a time while up for the Stampede and the Canadian Rockies. Some of the most beautiful country on Gods green earth!!:D :D
Clint
Runnin' Wild

BoatPI
05-15-2007, 06:21 AM
I agree Wild Horses. Unless you have been to the Bow Valley area, you just cannot fathom this area. I describe it to friends, but you have to see it to believe it. My place is in South Canmore, 1 block to the Bow River and 1 block to the village. I just walk or bike to most places.
I have traveled to over 40 States and NOTHING compares to this unique area.

Wild Horses
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
It is very unique also, I have been snowed on during the 4th of July. The road got closed to Jasper, a few feet of snow! The next day went up to the Ice fields and it was pristene. Of course Lake Louise, what more can a person say.
I have biked the Bow, they have some nice trails and such in Canmore. Hell now I am ready to go for a trip.
Clint
Runnin' Wild

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I also have been up that away a few times...went for a Hockey camp back in high school also. That is one place that never gets old. Extremely beautiful.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Radium, BC. is nice too
http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/RegionsCities/RadiumHotSprings.htm?media=cpc&campaign=bce07&adgroup=actradiumhotspringsvacation&market=us&referrer=google-adwords

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Beware of the rental car scams.
The Canadian Gov't has yet to really crack down on that industry and they will swindle ya with all kinds of scam insurance and fees.

BoatPI
05-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I rent from Enterprise or Dollar at the airport, and yes the fees are high like most airports. No scams that I can see. And lunch at The Chateau Lake Louise is on my list for this trip.
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~gkconnol/Alberta/Chateau-Lake-Louise.htm