PDA

View Full Version : Why are YOUR Kids So Rude

dirty old man
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
What happened? Your kids are rude and obnoxious and not fun to be with. There are times when I don't even want to be seen with my own grandkids. I didn't raise you that way, you were taught manners, to talk quietly, sit politely at the dinner table and don't make a scene at a restaurant. Your kids (my grandkids) are just the opposite. They climb under the table, bang their spoons on the china and run all over the place. Did we do something wrong when mom and I raised you? Have things gone that bad in only one generation of family life? What the hell is going on? I'm getting a little tired of what I see going on with the permissive attitude of you kids (the parents of my grandkids

racecar.hotshoe
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
What happened? Your kids are rude and obnoxious and not fun to be with. There are times when I don't even want to be seen with my own grandkids. I didn't raise you that way, you were taught manners, to talk quietly, sit politely at the dinner table and don't make a scene at a restaurant. Your kids (my grandkids) are just the opposite. They climb under the table, bang their spoons on the china and run all over the place. Did we do something wrong when mom and I raised you? Have things gone that bad in only one generation of family life? What the hell is going on? I'm getting a little tired of what I see going on with the permissive attitude of you kids (the parents of my grandkids
So what your saying is the TIME OUT thing doesnt work.:rolleyes: :D

riverracerx
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
I agree!
Chip agrees as well. (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Talladega_Nights_The_Ballad_Of_Ricky_Bobby&quote=terribleboys.txt&file=terribleboys.wav)

4trax
05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Lack of discipline on there part. If my kids EVER acted up like that. They got it! and none of this "time out shit". It ALL starts while there in diapers too.

HocusPocus
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
too many parents wanting be their childs friend... friends, kids have a ton of those, they need solid parents.

yopengo
05-15-2007, 08:33 AM
We ate out three times this weekend. Every server commented on how well mannered my seven-year-old daughter was and what great manors she hasÂ…it all starts with the parents.

dirty old man
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Hocus, your on to it

mobldj
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
beat the sheet out of them.good smack to the temple always gets your attention.you see it everywhere,in line at the bank yesterday,kid throwing a fit,maybe 8 years old,mom just saying quit,i thought take his young ass outside and give it to him....attitude ajustment.

RiverToysJas
05-15-2007, 08:54 AM
too many parents wanting be their childs friend... friends, kids have a ton of those, they need solid parents.
I agree totally!!!
RTJas :D

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
It's the Raider-Nationing of America.
Haven't recieved any gripes on our kids.
The penalties for a rude mouth are massive in our home.
They have to go to their old school German Swiss grandmothers and play checkers (no tv) and listen to the cuckoo clock all weekend rather than tubing/wakeboarding/quading at the river. And we follow through.
They love their mom, and they don't want to dissapoint her is the big motivation though.

Rexone
05-15-2007, 09:07 AM
It's Hooligns fault.

DSW
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Spare the rod, and spoil the child. :jawdrop:

OutCole'd
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I like to make my kids drink a half gallon of dish detergent when they misbehave.
:) J/K

707dog
05-15-2007, 09:51 AM
i totally agree!! had my son when i was only 16 so i thought treating him like a buddy instead of a parent would be helpful! not true he was a mouthy lil shit until i started treating him like a son/kid instead of a freind and he didnt like that but was left with no choice now he is very helpful and polite but still has his times which i blame me and his mom for!!

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 10:10 AM
When I was 10 I peed the word fok (with the proper spelling) into the brand new cinderblock side wall at our house. Parents didn't notice until the first rain. With 3 sisters I guess I couldn't get away with blaming them. I caught the prong side of mom's wedding ring. Fat lip and bleeding for days.
To this day I've never even tried any illegal drug of any kind, I've never been to prison, I never shot up a school, I hold the door open for any stranger in any public place. Gee, that's weird I'm pretty normal and got the piss beaten out of me more than once....no pun intended.

78Eliminator
05-15-2007, 10:12 AM
One of the reasons I decided to never have kids, was the fact that they would have to go to school with a bunch of rude shits who would take advantage of someone who was taught manners and respect.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 10:14 AM
When I was 10 I peed the word fok (with the proper spelling) into the brand new cinderblock side wall at our house. Parents didn't notice until the first rain. With 3 sisters I guess I couldn't get away with blaming them. I caught the prong side of mom's wedding ring. Fat lip and bleeding for days.
To this day I've never even tried any illegal drug of any kind, I've never been to prison, I never shot up a school, I hold the door open for any stranger in any public place. Gee, that's weird I'm pretty normal and got the piss beaten out of me more than once....no pun intended.
Its the PC world we've created...........some parents are afraid to touch their kids for fear of being dragged off to jail..........I've heard a kid yell that at his mom in a grocery store when she was trying to repremand him...."I'm calling the cops and you're going to jail".:eek:

Hopdaddie
05-15-2007, 10:16 AM
My girlfriend has little ones... 3 and 5. Her daughter being the youngest. Whenever we go out they can be absolute terrors. I feel bad for people in a resteraunt that have to eat next to us. Needless to say their dad is Grade A Piece of Shiat. I now have to be father that he isnt and teach them they don't get what they want by throwing their temper tantrum. Timeouts are for sports not kids...

Old Texan
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
2 very noticable things in society that have gotten out of hand: Obesity and Brats.
What is wrong with the people that allow the little monsters to run around in a store or restaurant and just ignore them. And it isn't always old redneck lookin' idiots, I see well dressed, mannered folks sitting in restaurants after church that just sit and talk with their friends while the kids are on a rampage running through the whole restaurant. No respect for others is the problem.
The Walmarts and big shopping venues are also a part of the problem. "Clean up on aisle 3" has replaced, "You'll have to pay for that toy your child has broken Sir".

SB
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Well there is a growth of autism, allergies, and ADD.
There is the fact that I am a part time dad, and mom doesn't always do the job, and I can't spend every minute with discipline. I didn't get to do things the way I wanted, I had to "compromise."
The kids went to day care and copied each other's worst habits.
They go to school with kids who are much, much, worse.
They watch tv, and even on a kid friendly Disney show, the kids the roll their eyes at their parents.
I'm sorry my kids bother you, I'm doing the best I can in a world gone mad.

Deano
05-15-2007, 10:44 AM
One of the reasons I decided to never have kids, was the fact that they would have to go to school with a bunch of rude shits who would take advantage of someone who was taught manners and respect.
True that. I hate hearing my girl talk about little fukers at school. I have the "do the right thing" talk all the time......bad influences for sure.

Do F150's Float?
05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Its the PC world we've created...........some parents are afraid to touch their kids for fear of being dragged off to jail..........I've heard a kid yell that at his mom in a grocery store when she was trying to repremand him...."I'm calling the cops and you're going to jail".:eek:
My bosses daughter, who is totally adorable, went through a phase recently of coming in my office to say hi, then would say, "You hit me! You kicked me!!!". We all laughed it off... obviously im not beatin up any 6 year olds here, but still... its a scary thing for parents i'm sure!!!

76ANTHONY
05-15-2007, 10:59 AM
My bosses daughter, who is totally adorable, went through a phase recently of coming in my office to say hi, then would say, "You hit me! You kicked me!!!". We all laughed it off... obviously im not beatin up any 6 year olds here, but still... its a scary thing for parents i'm sure!!!
DAM BULLY:D :D

Do F150's Float?
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
DAM BULLY:D :D
Look what the cat dragged in! LOL :D

76ANTHONY
05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Look what the cat dragged in! LOL :D
meow:D :D :D

dirty old man
05-15-2007, 11:11 AM
old texan and others, I'm saying that my kids are ruining my grandkids. And I didn't let my kids do any of that. Where/Why did things go to hell. I'm ashamed my kids let my grandkids get so bad.

76ANTHONY
05-15-2007, 11:17 AM
old texan and others, I'm saying that my kids are ruining my grandkids. And I didn't let my kids do any of that. Where/Why did things go to hell. I'm ashamed my kids let my grandkids get so bad.
try not ta take it to heart, ya did your best. it could be a phase like some have said. im sure my grandparents said the same about me and i've only done 7 years in a correctional facility:D

Old Texan
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I've got 4 grandkids and can relate. Mine are respectful the majority of the time but have their moments. It seems every generation gets a little more "undisiplined" and more spoiled.
One of the things I've noticed and pointed out to my daughter, is people give litlle kids "choices". Children don't do as well with choices as they do with being told what they will get and do. Bedtime, dinner menu, what to wear should be the parents choice. As they grow older they can be slowly given "choices" based on what they have been taught.
I'd suggest sneaking in the backdooor with some sound advice for the parents. Don't force it on them just try and find a subtle way to get them to see what you see.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 11:33 AM
On top of it, the public school system is probably where they learned it.

riverfun
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I for one dont do the time out thing, but I know several friends that do and I see the biggest problem is that they dont follow through with their threats. If your going to smack em then smack em dont say it five or six time and then do nothing. Same thing for time outs! And dont threaten something that will not in no way happen, ie. you just launched the boat and they are acting up and you say "do you want me to take you home right now???" Thats a stupid threat, its not going to happen and they are smart enough to know it.

76ANTHONY
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I for one dont do the time out thing, but I know several friends that do and I see the biggest problem is that they dont follow through with their threats. If your going to smack em then smack em dont say it five or six time and then do nothing. Same thing for time outs! And dont threaten something that will not in no way happen, ie. you just launched the boat and they are acting up and you say "do you want me to take you home right now???" Thats a stupid threat, its not going to happen and they are smart enough to know it.
WELL SAID, props on that one. do what you say your gonna do...

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
WELL SAID, props on that one. do what you say your gonna do...
Reflects the ISL thread, huh?