PDA

View Full Version : Who carries on their boat>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Not So Fast
05-15-2007, 09:39 AM
With all thats happening in the world today I'm just wondering, and no macho BS stories please, just what you carry and why::::::::::::::::: NSF

OutCole'd
05-15-2007, 09:40 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not Me <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
At most a water cannon...........to cool off;) I'm not macho, just regular:)

707dog
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
use to but think iv grown up a bunch since then... now just carry a full ice chest and a boat full of laugh's!

HavasuSelect
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
I think the only reason I'd carry on the boat is if I didn't want to leave it in the truck at the launch ramp.

BDMar
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
We carry Grey Goose, Sky, or Kettle One with assorted mixers...... because it's hot out there!:D :D

Invisible Sun
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Had a guy during my brother in laws Bachelor party that was a cop. He asked if he could bring it and I told him no. That's the last thing I need. It seems like it would only escalate a bad situation.

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 09:52 AM
We don't even own a gun.
I never did either until they tried to break into our house at 330AM when we were in bed sleeping. Lived in a brand new house in Chino Hills at the time. Lady two doors down was up feeding her baby and saw them in her back yard and called the cops. They saw her on the phone and bolted. Luckily we had a stick in the slider so they could not get in. The next day I went and bought my first gun. Did not sleep a wink for the next 10 days:eek:

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 09:53 AM
BTW, it is illegal to carry in the National Parks even with a CCW--total BS. I think most peeps who do carry will be reluctant to admit it since it is illegal in most cases.

RiverDave
05-15-2007, 09:54 AM
There was a thread on here a year or two back with this same question.. I was blown away at how many members carried guns on their boats. I think most are being quiet today, but something like 25 - 33% of the board ended up having a firearm in the boat! :eek:
RD

RiverDave
05-15-2007, 09:54 AM
BTW, it is illegal to carry in the National Parks even with a CCW--total BS. I think most peeps who do carry will be reluctant to admit it since it is illegal in most cases.
On a second thought on this, I believe it is "legal" to carry a gun in the boat in Parker / havasu etc..
RD

Water Romper
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Walther PPKS 380. Why? because I can, legally. Never had to bring it out however there were a few times (in 17 years) when I reached for it and had it under the hull…as I leave a situation…
To tell you the truth, because I do “carry” I stay as far away from trouble as possible.
Watching idiots fight, knife each other or assault other boaters is NOT a reason to bring it out.

Water Romper
I'll take my chances in court.

SummitKarl
at most....some highly potent "Bean dip"http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_12.gif

charlyox
05-15-2007, 09:56 AM
No gun but lots of silver bullets

Quest4Fun
05-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I think that in the state of Arizona it is not illegal to carry a gun as long as it is not concealed. I don't know if National Parks out-govern state laws. But I think anyone could walk around with a holstered gun in AZ...kinda scary.
We don't carry one on our boat, don't think we would ever have the need to...just plenty of water pistols :D

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I go on a couple trips a year where we spend a week or so on the boat. I carry my 9mm on those trips(leave it in the boat). We are usually on island beaches at lakes and I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. We sleep in the boat and everything. You just never know. There are some real messed up people out there these days. But if someone is able to got past our dane than I don't know if my 9mm will even stop em:D
Also carry when we go on trips. Not like most people that have a 2 hour drive to Havasu, we have about a 11+ hr.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
On a second thought on this, I believe it is "legal" to carry a gun in the boat in Parker / havasu etc..
RD
Is Az a "right to carry" state? I thought so:idea: So does it depend on which LEO checks you or does the borderline get murky on the water? Are State Parks, BLM and other gov lands exempt from the law? :confused:

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I think that in the state of Arizona it is not illegal to carry a gun as long as it is not concealed. I don't know if National Parks out-govern state laws. But I think anyone could walk around with a holstered gun in AZ...kinda scary.
We don't carry one on our boat, don't think we would ever have the need to...just plenty of water pistols :D
Open carry is legal in AZ but not on private property if the owner (store, theater, etc) posts "no guns" signs. Firearms in the National Park system are prohibited in AZ regardless if you open carry or have a CCW.

Quest4Fun
05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Is Az a "right to carry" state? I thought so:idea: So does it depend on which LEO checks you or does the borderline get murky on the water? Are State Parks, BLM and other gov lands exempt from the law? :confused:
Good question. AZ is a "right to carry" state but not sure about the waterways. There are so many different agencies involved on the water. Also would depend if your on the AZ side or CA side I guess.

fatboy95
05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
With all thats happening in the world today I'm just wondering, and no macho BS stories please, just what you carry and why::::::::::::::::: NSF
Only if we go boating on Lake Compton

Big Warlock
05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I do believe it is illegal in State Parks and most launch ramps list the things you cannot have, one of them being guns and another is usually glass bottles.
LEO on Pleasant are pretty quick to get to you if you give them a call on the radio. Nice thing about being local is they know us and we know them. I don't feel that way in Havasu. My .02

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I know that in Utah you can carry all you want, as long as its visible:)
The only place I know 100% that you can't carry it is Brigham Young University Campus(go figure).

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Good question. AZ is a "right to carry" state but not sure about the waterways. There are so many different agencies involved on the water. Also would depend if your on the AZ side or CA side I guess.Well I posed that question because I've read on here how a Ca. SBSO boat ticketed a person on the Az side of the lake, just as they were hanging in Thompson Bay waiting for noisy boats to idle by a while back. Apparently all LEO's have jurisdiction on the water regardless of what side of the lake, my question is how this would be applied to guns and the varying laws between Ca. and Az.?

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 10:09 AM
We don't even own a gun.
What are you going to do if someone comes into your house at night??? You do live in Cali don't you:D

Water Romper
05-15-2007, 10:11 AM
I go on a couple trips a year where we spend a week or so on the boat. I carry my 9mm on those trips(leave it in the boat). We are usually on island beaches at lakes and I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. We sleep in the boat and everything. You just never know. There are some real messed up people out there these days. But if someone is able to got past our dane than I don't know if my 9mm will even stop em:D
Also carry when we go on trips. Not like most people that have a 2 hour drive to Havasu, we have about a 11+ hr.
Run Em is right on with the driving as well...When we head out for a trip, (just my G-friend and I) it's a 5 hour haul across the desert and usually the last 3 hours is at night. <knock on wood> We have never broken down but anyone who has driven the I40 at night knows it gets REAL dark out there…and what I don’t need is a bunch of dudes coming to offer “help” if we are on the side of the freeway.
Once again, never had to escalate the issue and I sure hope I don’t have to.

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Well Powell, Mead, and Mohave are National Park area so absolutley no guns. The river and Havasu I'm not sure of. Boat Cop will set us straight soon enough.

MR HARLEY
05-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes I carry, I have a CCW for the state of Arizona and 32 others.
Why?....Because I can and also it is my right to bear(sp?) arms in this great country of ours. :)
Kind......Springfield Armory XD-45 compact.

boat boy
05-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Own several handguns, they stay at home in the gun safe, however like any good boater, we need to be ready for any emergency. In our boating kit is a 12ga. flare handgun. It would probably be more exciting than using any HK, S&W or glock we own. lol :)

Mardonzi
05-15-2007, 10:29 AM
On the boat, yes,, I keep a JBL 36" carbine double band spear gun. Makes for some fresh fish for breakfast in the AM
As far as the real world, I have a CCW and use it when I'm traveling. Tried and true S&W 5906.

Jbb
05-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Colt model 1991 a1.....carried at all times....
Just bought a cool little double barreled shotgun called a Bounty Hunter 2.....:D

AZKC
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
We just went over this over the weekend. Talking about critters that prowl the lake. Someone brought up the little girl that got taken out of her tent by a mountain lion, so the dad shoots the lion and later got cited for having and discharging the gun in a National Forest. :( Not sure what happened in Court:confused:
Not saying if I carry or not:devil: :D

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 10:37 AM
We just went over this over the weekend. Talking about critters that prowl the lake. Someone brought up the little girl that got taken out of her tent by a mountain lion, so the dad shoots the lion and later got cited for having and discharging the gun in a National Forest. :( Not sure what happened in Court:confused:
Not saying if I carry or not:devil: :D
So what if he gets in trouble for it...even if he has to spend 1 year or even 20 years in prison, worth it.
Should he get in trouble for it, NO.
I would bet that law came into effect to try to keep potchers(sp) out.

INI
05-15-2007, 10:41 AM
I carry on my ocean boat....YOu never know when the " big ONe " is going to get on....
I bet more then 50% of 10 mile boats pack heat in some form or another

jbone
05-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I keep my issued Glock 40 in the car and/or the hotel room.
I don't take it on the boat due to lack of secure area to keep it. Having a gun on the boat brings a lot of responsibility that I choose not to display.
Plus, Grey Goose and Glocks don't mix very well.
J

TahitiTiger
05-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I pack heat on my boat.
I have a 48" Oar I keep loaded at all times :D (solid wood model too).

UltraStealth
05-15-2007, 10:49 AM
A Taser is a great alternative vs carrying a gun....:idea:
In police studies, the new Advanced Taser has a higher instant incapacitation rate than a 9mm hand gun. The Advanced Taser shoots out 2 darts attached to 15 feet of wire. 50,000 volts travels over the wires and over-rides the central nervous system providing incredible takedown power. Tasers are a powerful, non-lethal alternative to handguns. :jawdrop: :D

TahitiTiger
05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
In police studies, the new Advanced Taser has a higher instant incapacitation rate than a 9mm hand gun. The Advanced Taser shoots out 2 darts attached to 15 feet of wire. 50,000 volts travels over the wires and over-rides the central nervous system providing incredible takedown power. Tasers are a powerful, non-lethal alternative to handguns. :jawdrop: :D
I dunno something about a Taser in a boat, on water, just scares the hell outta me.:idea:

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight:devil:

ULTRA26 # 1
05-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Nope, not me. Don't even own one

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Do they make a 10 round clip for them?:D I would hate to miss that one and only shot:sqeyes:

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Nope, not me. Don't even own one
Refer to post #9. IF this happened to you you would change your outlook. Not trying to start shit, I just used to think like you until I was in a potentially very bad situation.

Nord
What boating world are you in??? Are you kidding me?? You would bring a gun on your boat? Are you afraid of Pirates or something??
Sheesh
~NORD~

jh4rt
Flare gun!

Boatcop
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
On the River, as far as hand-guns are concerned, California will enforce California Weapons Laws on California residents. Remember that owning property in AZ doesn't make you a resident. If you live, work, pay income taxes, driver's license, auto registration, etc. as a California resident, then you ARE a California resident. Where the boat's registered doesn't matter.
And as was stated, California authorities have jurisdiction ANYWHERE on the Boundary Waters, I.E. Colorado River or Lake Havasu. There is no Arizona or California side if you're on the water.
National Parks and Federal Land supercedes state law. You must comply with applicable Federal Regulations or Rules when in the National Parks, National Forests or other Federal Land.
Certified, Commissioned, active Peace Officers (And police retirees, with certain conditions) have HR 218, that allows them to carry concealed in any State or jurisdiction. Some exceptions for Military Reservations and a few other places.
I carry ALWAYS! It's been my feelings that if you carry a badge, you better carry a gun, and vice versa. One, without the other, will only get you in trouble. Or dead.

UltraStealth
05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Do they make a 10 round clip for them?:D I would hate to miss that one and only shot:sqeyes:
No kidding!!! :eek: :D

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Always carried a gun on the fishing boat. We had a small steel bat we called the donkey punch but it only worked for dorado and a few tuna. Not sure if anyone has come face to face with a decent thresher but they don't respond well to "keeping your right hand out the window take your left hand and remove the keys from the ignition".

Magic34
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I now have a flare gun on the new boat. In movies, I have seen a flare gun take down a helicopter, so I should be set. ;)
I have been in 2 situations in my life where I wish I had a gun. However, pulling it out would have been bad. I was able to avoid conflict.
The 2nd time, the police were actually banging on my door because a neighbor reported someone walking into my backyard with a hood on. It was 3 AM in the morning. The police were searching the exterior of my house without identifying themselves. Scared the poop out of me and I would have had a gun in hand. now I would not have gone hunting, just locked ourselves in a corner and called 911. the gun would have only been used if someone was actually attacking us.
If I would want a gun anywhere, the dunes would be where I would feel I need one. There is a ton of trash out there.
To this day, I still do not own one. On the water, I really have not had a situation where I have needed one. If there is something going on that I am uncomfortable with even the slightest, I remove ourselves from those surroundings.
I dont have anything to prove to anyone, and have no problem turning my back on a situation. I dont drink or have any other substance in my system that makes me someone who I am not while doing these activities. Other than my wife and children, nothing is worth losing your life for, especially my pride. I could give a sh*t if someone thinks I am a pu$$y. I'm alive, never been in trouble with the law, never been legally challenged with a law suit. In the end, makes my life a hell of a lot better.
Now if what happened to Outnumbered happened to me, I would pick one up immediately. I know how freaked I was with people outside of my house. I couldn't imagine if they were inside.

nodigg
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Gotta love the paranoia!

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
To this day, I still do not own one. On the water, I really have not had a situation where I have needed one. If there is something going on that I am uncomfortable with even the slightest, I remove ourselves from those surroundings.
I dont have anything to prove to anyone, and have no problem turning my back on a situation. I dont drink or have any other substance in my system that makes me someone who I am not while doing these activities. Other than my wife and children, nothing is worth losing your life for, especially my pride. I could give a sh*t if someone thinks I am a pu$$y. I'm alive, never been in trouble with the law, never been legally challenged with a law suit. In the end, makes my life a hell of a lot better...
This is great advice and a great example to follow.
Now if what happened to Outnumbered happened to me, I would pick one up immediately. I know how freaked I was with people outside of my house. I couldn't imagine if they were inside
..and yes, that situation really changed my whole outlook on protecting myself and my family. Luckily they just jacked up my slider and screen but did not get...it could have been ugly though.

phebus
05-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I carry a smile, and so far has kept me out of trouble. if boating ever gets to the point that I feel a weapon is necessary, I'm done with it.

MR HARLEY
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I carry a smile, and so far has kept me out of trouble. if boating ever gets to the point that I feel a weapon is necessary, I'm done with it.
You better watch out old man. :D

Quest4Fun
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing...if it ever got to the point that I felt I needed a gun on my boat, I would move on to something else.

Big Warlock
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't know about Paranoia, but there are things you should probably do and why is important.
Lately in Arizona, there seems to be several "house, take over" robberies. I take precautions, like anyone. I own a 50 cal and a 9mm. They are both placed strategically in my home. I also have a 100 lb dog and an alarm system. As a veteran of the first Desert Storm (2nd ACR) I don't have too many qualms about what may or may not happen in my home. I am confident that I won't be surprised.
And my family is absolutely first. That is where the line is crossed for me. That has serious consequences with me.
You hate to think about such stuff, but you really have to. Out on the lake, you have to be vigilant as to what is going on around you. My other half and I agree that if either of us says it's time to go, we go, no questions asked. We also try to boat with our friends so we can always have strength in our numbers. At Pleasant, we try to control who ties up with our group. It has gotten the point where we need to control the people around us. Usually there are about ten boats we can count on and we all hang together. It works and make the whole experience better.

Lavey5150
05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Sig Saur P-220 45 Auto Always w/ me on road trips..loaded.......Boating? Sometimes...............Definately at Lake Powell and Mead........

franky
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Why would you answer such a question, let alone even ask it. This place cracks me up.

mark49
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Ive been California CCW for the past 25 years, FFL licensee, lifetime member NRA, lifetime member of the California CRPA, NRA instructor. Hunting license (Boy what resume)
Arizona recognizes all states CCW licenses. Arizona is a open carry state if not concealed (Meaning you don’t possess a CCW from Arizona) the big question is your on the boat in your male thong the gun in now concealed, illegal in both California and Arizona without a valid CCW. California you can carry in national parks etc with a CCW, not sure about AZ.
With my job I carry 24/7, but i work the hood of San Bernardino, Pomona, and other shitholes, I figure if I need to carry on Havasu this is no vacation spot. My carry weapon is locked in my trunk until I reach the hood my next day at work.
Remember this, you are what your actions are that day (meaning you are minding your own business) you are what comes up on the LEOs computer screen, if your clean you’ll not see one day in jail or recommended to the DA. The first amendment gives you one free get out of jail car on concealed weapon (ONLY) offence…
I have one for you:
You have a concealed knife and the blade is 6”
You have a Glock 9M concealed
Which is the larger crime for an 1st offence?? :idea:
Signed
Mark the arrogant :D

talbert450r
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I was robbed at gunpoint 2 years ago by four gang members. They caught one of the guys and he got 16 years. The next day I went out and bought my first gun and have continued buying them as fast as the State will let me. I never thought I needed a gun until I went through that. My favorite carry pistol is my Springfield Sub-Compact XD-9mm. My favorite home defense weapon is a good ol' Winchester 1300 12ga. shotgun.

MR HARLEY
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I have one for you:
You have a concealed knife and the blade is 6”
You have a Glock 9M concealed
Which is the larger crime for an 1st offence?? :idea:
Signed
Mark the arrogant :D
The knife.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't carry a weapon on the boat.
We've had close calls with PWC's almost hitting the kids wakeboarding, swimming or tubing.
I think if the kids got injured by a reckless PWC rider I could loose my cool enough to use it.
I've had enough flats in the middle of the nite on Rice rd with a Truck full of teenage girls in Bikinis that being in the middle of nowhere, I don't wanna be at some drug amp'd gang-o's mercy.
My plan is to at least kill the guys that kill me.

riverbound
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
I think everyone should just assume the other boats are out there packing....would probably get rid of a lot of the A-hole attitudes.

BADBLOWN572
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Two quotes come to mind here:
1) "Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
2) "Better to have and not need than need and not have."
Maybe I do carry, maybe I don't. :idea:

cdog
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
This subject has been beat to death. I have a CCW and will not leave my weapon in the truck for some Havasu tweaker to get a hold of. I think that is very irresponsible for anyone to do. I pray I'll never have to use my weapon but am prepared and trained to handle business if need be.
BTW. Did anyone see the news footage of the 82 year old WW2 vet getting car jacked and beat by that puke in detroit? Sad! People just stood there and watched. Cops can't be everywhere.

eliminatedsprinter
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
I usually don't, because I don't want to get mine wet or have to worry about it.;) But I have on occasion had one on board.

mark49
05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Knife is correct, they're not covered by the 2nd amendment..
Keep a flare gun, with yellow flares, (yellow and blood red make pink) light the perp up!!!! No license needed, hell buy five of them loaded and ya'll almost have a revolver.
My standard carry is also the Springfield XD subcompact, both 9M and 40 cal.
If you live in Arizona its a shall carry state, meaning if you have a clean criminal recoerd ya'll get your CCW permit that simple.
Mark:lightsabe

Focker
05-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I CARRY AN AUTOGRAPHED PICTURE OF JOHN ELWAY ON MY BOAT :D

riverbound
05-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Maybe I do carry, maybe I don't. :idea:
;)

TAF
05-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Good question. AZ is a "right to carry" state but not sure about the waterways. There are so many different agencies involved on the water. Also would depend if your on the AZ side or CA side I guess.
Most lakes around Phoenix and north are in National Forests (some cactus) and others are on Indian reservations so not many waterways you could legally carry them. A can of beer will do more damage than my B.B. gun anyway. Note: most of those lakes also ban glass bottles (beer, wine, soda, olives, mayonaise......):sqeyes: $100-250 fine I think:idea:

Jbb
05-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Brown carries a Blunderbuss in the Carlson....sux when the powder gets wet...

dumbandyoung
I keep a water balloon launcher on board. ;)
No one focks with me:D

OutCole'd
No need, I take Chuck Norris with me when I go out. He's tougher than any gun out there.

Quest4Fun
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Most lakes around Phoenix and north are in National Forests (some cactus) and others are on Indian reservations so not many waterways you could legally carry them. A can of beer will do more damage than my B.B. gun anyway. Note: most of those lakes also ban glass bottles (beer, wine, soda, olives, mayonaise......):sqeyes: $100-250 fine I think:idea:
No olives for my martinis???:jawdrop: Oh the horror:jawdrop:

Baja Big Dog
05-15-2007, 02:34 PM
As long as your dealing with one "bad guy".

dumbandyoung
05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
No need, I take Chuck Norris with me when I go out. He's tougher than any gun out there.
LMFAO:D
Chuck Norris Eats bullets and shits guns.

Baja Big Dog
05-15-2007, 02:42 PM
"I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it."
"Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."
So far, the only thing said on this thread that makes ANY kinda sense is from Run-um-Hard. I imagine there are a few that are holding back which is fine as the only effective weapon is the one that they aren't expecting. Basically, a weapon 'in site' is worthless as any predator(2 legged) will be fore warned and act accordingly. (no warning= no chance! ) Except for very few exceptions any other type of predator is not that big of a deal and a gun is not called for.
Don't any of you people take a screwdriver, wrenches, money, a cellphone, etc., when you go boating? A gun is nothing more than a tool! A tool that will get the job done if it's the tool called for at that moment. If a screwdriver is called for then a gun is the wrong tool BUT if a gun is called for then a screwdriver won't get the job done!
"What boating world are you in??? Are you kidding me?? You would bring a gun on your boat? Are you afraid of Pirates or something??
Sheesh".
~NORD
Nord, this is not to demean you but I think you must have lived an idealic life so far and I hope that you continue to be so fortunate. My comments are only to make you stop and think about things.
When anyone of us get more than about 100 yards away from any type of "law enforcement personnel" then there ceases to be any type of protection other than what you can provide for yourself and your loved ones. Next time you and your special one stop on a secluded stretch of sand somewhere for lunch or whatever, and some animal (2 legged variety) or 2 decides that a taste of your women, daughter, you get my drift, would taste mighty good for desert.......WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO??? YOU ARE OWNED WITH NO OPTIONS!!
Even ShockwaveBob, whom I have no doubt can take care of business, nor one of our esteemed LEO's are going to argue the fact that a cheap 9mm at 20 feet in the hands of an animal has the upper hand and with no weapon of your own your shit is weak. With 2 or more animals your shit is really weak.
In the hands of someone skilled, a weapon can be the deciding facter as to whether your wife ,daughter, girlfriend, arrive home gang raped, beaten, butchered or dead, and whether your son and yourself live to see his next birthday or not.
It's up to you to decide how important your family is to you. Don't give me any bull(hit or garbage about how this is a civilized society, legallity of carrying a gun "anywhere" or any other excuse as it doesn't fly. It's only your excuse for not 'taking care of the business of not protecting your family" cuz you just don't have the guts!!!
You all will notice that I didn't mention anything about property. I'm not advocating letting loose with 2 clips of 10mm cuz some a-hole grabbed your last silverbullet. If you wanted my boat bad enough to make me believe that you'd just take it and go with out anyone getting hurt then I just might let it go even though it pained me greatly........ but if you looked crosseyed at my girlfriend, kid, or even my dog, believe me when I say that there will be blood on the beach-> YOURS !
It all depends upon how you choose to live your life. I, myself, choose not to be a victim. If you choose to depend upon others for your safety then so be it, you take your chances and you pay the price.
Oh, have any of you ever been in an auto accident? Did you plan for that to happen? Just wondering.
By the way, to answer the question NSF, naw I see no need for anybody to have any of those nasty ol' noisy, evil things at the river, lake or anywhere for that matter cuz everyone in the world are just nice god fearing people that just try to love their fellow man and be friendly. I don't think I'd even have one in my home so IT couldn't cause an accident and somebody might get hurt.
Now you'll excuse me cuz I have to go squirt my SS Delta with wd-40 cuz it gets thown it the bottom of the ice chest, my 624, cuz it sometime winds up on the floor of the boat in a wet towel, my NA SS 22 mag cuz it sometimes gets soaked (everytime I'm in the water), my 357 sig cuz I don't know how water gets under the front seat, and the SS96 that's mounted in front of my battery cuz it's so low to the floor .
Rio
Christ Rio...you saved me alot of typing!!! Couldnt agree more.

TAF
05-15-2007, 02:43 PM
No olives for my martinis???:jawdrop: Oh the horror:jawdrop:
:sqeyes: :D cute!:eek:

AZJD
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Probably not a good idea to post it here if you carry on your boat! Lake Enforcement can read........ and there are 2 side to the river. Cali side, no carry and Az side carry all you want. Don't get pulled over on the Cali side and pop off to the cop, he can make your day miserable

squirt'nmyload
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Probably not a good idea to post it here if you carry on your boat! Lake Enforcement can read........ and there are 2 side to the river. Cali side, no carry and Az side carry all you want. Don't get pulled over on the Cali side and pop off to the cop, he can make your day miserable
i've seen some pretty big guns on your boat before:D :D :D

DSW
05-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Maybe not on the lake but for sure at the launch ramp. Thats where the real crazy fockers are at...:eek:

phebus
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm driving a pontoon boat now. That classifies as a deadly weapon. :D

AZJD
05-15-2007, 03:36 PM
i've seen some pretty big guns on your boat before:D :D :D
And no tickets needed!:D

my21advantage
05-15-2007, 03:48 PM
There are sheeps who think nothing will ever happen to them...
Then there are the wolves who prey on the sheep, that pretend they're not there...
And finally there are the sheep hurder,who protect the sheep from the wolves...
Think about it...who do you want to be:idea:

Not So Fast
05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Why would you answer such a question, let alone even ask it. This place cracks me up.
Apparently it's a pretty controversial subject Boss, and since its a free world I thought I would ask. Its pretty easy to just not read it if you dont want to right?? :( You're entitled. NSF

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
You know how much trouble you get in if you shoot a watergun in the channal? :D:D:D

Troubles No More
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Back in the 80’s we would go to Lake Powell for a week with 12-16 friends on a houseboat.
After an encounter at night on one of the trips, I ask one of the friends the next year (who was a card carrying NRA member) to bring a firearm as we would be out in the boondocks and at that time you could go a week without seeing anyone.
So at the end of the week with no problems I asked if he remember to bring pistol. To my surprise, he had an AK47 with 1000 rounds of ammo, Two 45 pistols with ammo plus an assortment of night flairs & glow in the dark lights.
Best part of the trip, is no one had a hint that there was a gun on board.

coolchange
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
YA I agree with Rio on the knife to a gunfight. Your enemy should never know what kind of a fight it is untill its over!
My Dad grew up with guns within reach (different story) then kids came along and mom made him put it away. At 72 he woke up at 3 am with a crack head in his bedroom. Guess where mom makes him keep it now?

coolchange
oops

Troubles No More
Back in the 80’s we would go to Lake Powell for a week with 12-16 friends on a houseboat.
After an encounter at night on one of the trips, I ask one of the friends the next year (who was a card carrying NRA member) to bring a firearm as we would be out in the boondocks and at that time you could go a week without seeing anyone.
So at the end of the week with no problems I asked if he remember to bring pistol. To my surprise, he had an AK47 with 1000 rounds of ammo, Two 45 pistols with ammo plus an assortment of night flairs & glow in the dark lights.
Best part of the trip, is no one had a hint that there was a gun on board.

Riverbass
05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Always have mine on the boat. i keep it loaded with snake shot. But keeping the other clip near.
You just never know when you are in the backwater.

DeltaSigBoater
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
United States Coast Guard Rules of the Road - Rule 37
When a vessel is in distress and requires assistance she shall use or exhibit the signals described in Annex IV to these Regulations.
Rule 37
Distress Signals 72 COLREGS
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/nr_pics/nr_Rule37.gif
The distress signals for inland waters are the same as those displayed in the table above.

460 jus getn it
05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I carry everywhere i go. Why, because i can and with all the shit going on these days you just never know. Like 572 said, rather be judged be 12 then carried by 6
Glock 23 with 26 of his closest friends.

franky
05-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Apparently it's a pretty controversial subject Boss, and since its a free world I thought I would ask. Its pretty easy to just not read it if you dont want to right?? :( You're entitled. NSF
Your missing my point, Boss.

mondorally
05-16-2007, 06:40 AM
http://www.righthook.com/media/gotgun.jpg
-Justin

Not So Fast
05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Your missing my point, Boss.
I guess I am :confused: but still the fact remains that a simple question has received quite a large number of varied replies which I find interesting dont you?? It is a pretty screwed up world nowadays and since this is a public forum I thought it was worthy of asking, thats all.
I have had 2 instances in my life that made me fear for my wife and my safety in regards to bodily harm and in one case I was armed and damn glad of it, the other I was able to get out of by driving as fast as the car would go for many miles in open desert and thank God we didnt run out of gas. Both instances were through no fault of mine, simply the wrong place at the wrong time. Wont happen again!! NSF

plaster dave
05-16-2007, 07:38 AM
I keep my issued Glock 40 in the car and/or the hotel room.
I don't take it on the boat due to lack of secure area to keep it. Having a gun on the boat brings a lot of responsibility that I choose not to display.
Plus, Grey Goose and Glocks don't mix very well.
J
I carry the same gun Glock 40 compact but never on the boat. I wish I had it last year at Parker when some Assholes pulled one on us when we were floating down from the damn.

mark49
05-16-2007, 12:26 PM
My wife is packin' heat
And another thing my neice and with her friends all smoke pot on this cruise ship, i asked how they got past inspections, they all smiles and said. Glad bags and female hidded compartments..

2Driver
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I carry the same gun Glock 40 compact but never on the boat. I wish I had it last year at Parker when some Assholes pulled one on us when we were floating down from the damn.
What happend with that?

YeLLowBoaT
05-16-2007, 02:53 PM
If I could my delta elite would never leave my hip. My county does not give out CCWs, unless your LEO, retired LEO or personally know the sheriff.
The world is just not a safe place any more.

plaster dave
05-16-2007, 03:22 PM
What happend with that?
It was 1:30 or 2 am and we had just come back from Road Runner in the boats and said lets just float a little bit before we go back in the house. So there are 2 boats, 12 people and 7 are guys and theses kids start yelling at us and start throwing bottles and rocks "the typical kid/ young adult shit". We tried to ignore them but they almost hit my buddy’s boat with the bottle and that was it. He drives over and start to yell at them "2 guys 1 girl" The girl is trying to calm the situation down but those little punks pull their strap and that is when I put the boat in reverse and said F*** this I am out!
I wish I was that young dumb kid that didn’t care about anything or anyone, but things change and people grow up so those little shits got a pass.

Water Romper
05-16-2007, 03:29 PM
It was 1:30 or 2 am and we had just come back from Road Runner in the boats and said lets just float a little bit before we go back in the house. So there are 2 boats, 12 people and 7 are guys and theses kids start yelling at us and start throwing bottles and rocks "the typical kid/ young adult shit". We tried to ignore them but they almost hit my buddy’s boat with the bottle and that was it. He drives over and start to yell at them "2 guys 1 girl" The girl is trying to calm the situation down but those little punks pull their strap and that is when I put the boat in reverse and said F*** this I am out!
I wish I was that young dumb kid that didn’t care about anything or anyone, but things change and people grow up so those little shits got a pass.
What happend to the guy in the other boat? Apparently the little S-heads "drew down" on him? (aka, pulled a gun) did they cap any rounds?

zudnic
05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
National Parks and Federal Land supercedes state law. You must comply with applicable Federal Regulations or Rules when in the National Parks, National Forests or other Federal Land.
I carry ALWAYS! It's been my feelings that if you carry a badge, you better carry a gun, and vice versa. One, without the other, will only get you in trouble. Or dead.
Article VI U.S Constitution This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
Have a cousin who's in the RCMP, due to gun control laws in Canada she must leave her gun at her station when off duty. I joked with her that she could have a gun in the U.S even as a Canadian. Federal treaties excempt Canadian's against alien in possesion of firearms in the U.S....
I think its nuts she cant take her gun even home when off duty. Cause as law enforcement she is expected to "serve & protect" at all times.
Lakes gun could be left in the glove box of truck. River's and oceans when Police might take awhile to help you, like my home, alot can happen in my local Police 3 minute average emergency response time!!!!

plaster dave
05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
What happend to the guy in the other boat? Apparently the little S-heads "drew down" on him? (aka, pulled a gun) did they cap any rounds?
He "my friend" is pretty hard headed so I thought he wasn't going to let it go, but the girl on the beach actually jumped in front of her man and stopped it. I went straight to the house and pulled the boat out of the water because of stories I have hear here on the boards of people pulling drain plugs and didn't want that to happen to me. I mean you can see the house where these guys were from the dock of my friend’s house.
My friend whose parents have owned a house on parker since the 60's said this has never happened to them before.

blacksheepvictor
05-16-2007, 04:22 PM
GLOCK 27 .40 Sub Compact (Off-duty). I always carry my badge so I aways carry my 27. If one stays at home so does the other.