PDA

View Full Version : bulletproof suspensions???

the_gray_goose
05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Any one have any expereneces with these lifts??
good or bad.
I am thinking about getting their new 8" lift for the 07 silverado.

vee-driven
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
My buddy has the 12" on his 04 hd and hasn't had any problems yet. i prefer the cognito lift over all of them including the cst lift. All 3 lifts mentioned are the best but the cognito lift to me has better geometry for big tires and they sell the steering pitman and idler upgrades. I see you are in valencia talk to my friend shawn at street shock

the_gray_goose
05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
My buddy has the 12" on his 04 hd and hasn't had any problems yet. i prefer the cognito lift over all of them including the cst lift. All 3 lifts mentioned are the best but the cognito lift to me has better geometry for big tires and they sell the steering pitman and idler upgrades. I see you are in valencia talk to my friend shawn at street shock
Do you have a number for him? is the shop in valencia?

SoCalHD
05-16-2007, 11:13 AM
The CST kit does not need the pitman and idler arm upgrade because they have a heim'd steering rack that supports the steering in the first place. Another thing to consider on the cognito is the fact that they have to use new spindles-which like fabtech-kick out the front wheels on the trucks. If you like your front track looking like that, then good for you. I think it looks like crap.
BTW-My brother has the 14" bulletproof kit on his 2wd chevy, and I have the CST 6-8" on my 2500HD. Both kits have been in use for 3 yrs on his truck, and 2 yrs on mine. Not a single problem with either kit.

UHHH SUCKA
05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
My brother in law had the 18" kit on his 04 HD, my brother had the 12" on his 05 HD and I just got the 12" kit put on my 07 2500 HD 2 months ago. Got 2 river trips and a trip to Glamis on it and love it. All the material they use is out of 1/4" and has a lifetime warranty. Went with the dual fox resevoirs on the front and singles in the rear. Let me know if you want a quote on an 8". You will not find a cheaper price for the quality. I can get you the guys name and phone #.

the_gray_goose
05-16-2007, 01:52 PM
The CST kit does not need the pitman and idler arm upgrade because they have a heim'd steering rack that supports the steering in the first place. Another thing to consider on the cognito is the fact that they have to use new spindles-which like fabtech-kick out the front wheels on the trucks. If you like your front track looking like that, then good for you. I think it looks like crap.
BTW-My brother has the 14" bulletproof kit on his 2wd chevy, and I have the CST 6-8" on my 2500HD. Both kits have been in use for 3 yrs on his truck, and 2 yrs on mine. Not a single problem with either kit.
I would perfer to go with the CST also but they are not in production yet on the 8" kit for the new 07 1500. still another 2-3 months is what I have been told.
anyone know if the bulletproof kit widens the front end? I don't like that look either.

UnionJack
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I had the Bulletproof kit on my chevy, and the only thing I broke was the shock hoop, and they fixed it for free. I was rolling 40's on it

2ndIINoneMotorsports.com
05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
We installed a bullet proof suspension on a silverado. I like the bullet proof kits but the Cognito kits just look better if you ask me...

vee-driven
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
I agree, and i like the fact that the upper control arms on the cognito kit in the stock location so you get a better spread between the upper and lower control arms, better leverage for bigger tires. The fact my friends with the cognito 12" kits thrash there 2500hd trucks in the dunes at glamis for drunken fun and recovery missions has me sold, thats what is goin on mine.
Besides the sucked in tire look of the cst and the bulletproof lift kits looks like dog shit to me.

ultra27jay
05-16-2007, 11:23 PM
here are a couple of trucks i have done at my shop in the past week or so. if u want me to help u out let me know. i also pick up and delever, i live in northridge. feel free to call me at my shop 949-215-9757 ask for jay.
2007 cadi 6 inch fabtech on 35inch with 22 kmc..
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/jason41973/DSC02614.jpg
2007 chevy 1/2 ton 7 inch rcd lift 2wd
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/jason41973/DSC02340.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/jason41973/DSC02341.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/jason41973/DSC02337.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/jason41973/DSC02339.jpg

SoCalHD
05-17-2007, 09:21 AM
.....The fact my friends with the cognito 12" kits thrash there 2500hd trucks in the dunes at glamis for drunken fun and recovery missions has me sold....
Nice-Tell your "friends" thanks for being the jackasses out there that are the reason Glamis will eventually be closed....Do you think they will brag about their "Drunken fun" after running over some kid??
And the sucked in style?? That is called stock track width-something that doesn't have to be altered in a lit kit that was designed by people with actual off-road racing background. Not a high school project:jawdrop:

the_gray_goose
05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
ultra27jay,
Are thoughs 35" or 37" on the truck?
would like to go 37" with 20" wheels.

ultra27jay
05-18-2007, 08:50 AM
ultra27jay,
Are thoughs 35" or 37" on the truck?
would like to go 37" with 20" wheels.
35" on both trucks. the super lift 8" kit will be avail very soon. and i think CST is about 6 months out.

tahitijet
05-22-2007, 09:54 PM
the steering rack on the cst is basicly just that a pitman and idler support. just built into the steering droop vs congnito where is supported directly at the pitman and idler arm which in my opinion leaves a cleaner install because you see less parts.
"Another thing to consider on the cognito is the fact that they have to use new spindles"
They didn't use the knuckle because they had to or because it's a short cut.. they use it because it is a better design. By spreading the upper and lower control arm versus dropping them equally (the traditional way) you decrease the leverage that large tires have on the suspension. about the only downside to the knuckle is the fact that it slightly bumps out your front track width. The benifets are numerious.
I don't have any expierance with the bulletproof company but not to long ago I removed one of there earlier large lifts off a tahoe. the kid majorily abused his truck. by far beat his truck up harder then I have ever seen anyone do before. on his last offroad adventure he folded up the truck. the frame was destroyed but the only damage to the kit itself was the upper arms buckled from pinching on the upper arm drops and 1 small crack in a weld. Other then that the kit was in perfect shape. The kid told me that they were willing to fix it but he had some personal gripe with them so elected to remove the kit. all in all i was impressed with the kit. It took far more abuse then i'm sure it was designed for and from what the kid told me they backed there product.
If your not interested in cognitos stuff then i wouldn't hesitate to look into the bulletproof kit of a cst.