PDA

View Full Version : RE sales way off, prices steady......

AirtimeLavey
05-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Another article of where things are at. IE among the worst in terms of sales volume, but prices steady. Bottomline, some are selling, some are not, and price still appears to be the biggest factor in getting it done. Interesting, as article states, some getting a lot of attention, and some getting none. Doesn't look like much will change in the near future. Tough time to sell, good time to buy - for the long term.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-homes16may16,0,2990465.story?coll=la-home-center

TOBTEK
05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Interesting thing though..... I've been out showing 1.8-2.4M dollar homes to a client for the last three days now. Some of these sellers are CLUELESS! Most of these homes are run down, dirty and in need of basic repair. IF your selling a home in ANY price range, make sure they shine! Do some touch up painting, clean the spider webs, get the dog poop off the front walk way! I'm very surprised, at how clueless the sellers and their agents are. Whats the old saying...." you NEVER get a second chance to make a good first impression"
it SHOULD sell if you price it right. We've lost two homes already by being outbid, in this price range:eek:

Sportin' Wood
05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Interesting thing though..... I've been out showing 1.8-2.4M dollar homes to a client for the last three days now. Some of these sellers are CLUELESS! Most of these homes are run down, dirty and in need of basic repair. IF your selling a home in ANY price range, make sure they shine! Do some touch up painting, clean the spider webs, get the dog poop off the front walk way! I'm very surprised, at how clueless the sellers and their agents are. Whats the old saying...." you NEVER get a second chance to make a good first impression"
it SHOULD sell if you price it right. We've lost two homes already by being outbid, in this price range:eek:
Agreed, I went on a caravan last week and could not believe the animals in the houses. One seller killed it last week with her house completly staged fresh cookies and a great price. The house smelled great from the cookies, and candles.She had all the imformation on repairs and upgrades over the years, plus a list of the CC&R's and HOA costs. The house was tip top, and I think more then one agent had a possible buyer on the phone before we walked out. People will just have to work harder to sell right now.

TOBTEK
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
"STAGING" is worth every penny! When we sold our house a few years ago now. We had it professionally staged, every light was on EVERYDAY, AC was set to 68 degrees, surround sound was on lightly through out the home, HD TV's had DVD playing HD theater with no sound. Take the screens off the windows, looks way better! Sent the family to grandma's house until it sold. All clutter and baby toys went into storage... the place was buff! Sold twice in a week. A little effort by the seller goes a long way. Toby

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
These might help...Facts :D
They are last months numbers. I dont have this months stats because its not over yet.

AirtimeLavey
05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Good posts. I agree, many sellers just want us realtors to work magic, and don't want to put any effort into it. I've had some that wouldn't keep their lawns mowed, fix basic things, do minor painting, or get rid of the clutter. :idea:
It's only most people's largest single investment, but they won't take care of it. They still want top dollar for it though. Ok, let's hold our breath. :rolleyes:
Most people think it's still 2004, when houses sold themselves. Most don't have a clue how much work goes into it now. Realtor's really do have to earn their money, now.
Here's another good article;
http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_5905916