PDA

View Full Version : Jet-o-vator electric motor

JET-O-VATOR
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Anyone know what motor or where i could get the motor for my jet-o-vator? its not dead yet but its slowing down and i would lik,e to replace it..

Oldsquirt
05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Some info in a thread from last week.......
Jetovator motor (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149683&highlight=jetovator+motor)

TahitiTiger
05-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I would love to have a complete Electric Jet-O-Vator system. But I think I am going to have to fab some hydraulic system up.

Oldsquirt
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
You guys might want to get in contact with Dave Bautista aka "SoCal Power (http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=6236)" here on Hot Boat. He used to make a controller for operating a cable, that was based on a more readily available linear actuator. Works nice and, if memory serves me, is smaller than the Jet-o-Vator control box that used a power window motor and regulator to push/pull the cable.

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Anyone know what motor or where i could get the motor for my jet-o-vator? its not dead yet but its slowing down and i would lik,e to replace it..
Call place diverter. I think they are in Cypress.

old rigger
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Place is in La Habra on Cypress Street, but I don't think they carry anything for the old electric Jet-o-vator control.
Place... 714-870-4040

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Place is in La Habra on Cypress Street, but I don't think they carry anything for the old electric Jet-o-vator control.
Place... 714-870-4040
In Cypress on Cypress.. Whatever. hahaha:D

Oldsquirt
05-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Call place diverter. I think they are in Cypress.
A Place diverter and a Berkeley Jet-o-Vator are two totally different devices, although they have a similar function. Probably the only parts that interchange would be nuts and bolts and the control cable.
Is that Diggler's old Ultra in your sig?

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 02:13 PM
A Place diverter and a Berkeley Jet-o-Vator are two totally different devices, although they have a similar function. Probably the only parts that interchange would be nuts and bolts and the control cable.
Is that Diggler's old Ultra in your sig?
Ya it was his boat. I bought it. Couldn't be happier with it.

MADDOG355
05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
CP performance sells the parts for the old electric jetavator, Or atleast they did last time I checked.
Old rigger is most likely right about place I have a VERY old place unit on my Howard and they no longer have parts for them. (reverse bracket is broke).
You might try Big A, They get some used stuff in as trade sometime. They have a small add in the back of ***boat.

CPBRIAN10THMTN
05-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately most of the parts are no longer available, the cable and a few random parts. There is just not a big demand for it, if its a motor you are looking for you can use a power window motor out of a 73-79 chevy, they practically identical. Otherwise get rid of it or it will just be headache after headache.:mad: