PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good weekend getaway in So. Cal?

FreshTracks
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Any suggestions for a little weekend getaway in So. Cal? Looking for a nice hotel or possibly a bed and breakfast. Thanks.

Brewzed
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
The Blue Lantern Inn in Dana Point is pretty sweet. Stayed there for a weekend a few years ago.
http://www.bluelanterninn.com/

BrendellaJet
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Montage in Laguna. Very nice place, plenty to do on the Hotel grounds. No need to leave. There are a few nice restaurants, a couple that are more laid back. Nice pool, plus its right on the beach so thats nice too. Or you can just chill in your room and get room service and veg the whole time. Get a room as far south in the building you can, downstairs preferably, with a patio thats on the water...Very nice.

zudnic
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Like New Port the Hytt was doing renovations a few years ago so via priceline could get awesome rates. Even without the lobby redo, you can get pretty good rates using that service there. If you want more action the Best Western in Beverly Hills is doing renovations, so again awesome rates and they have fairly nice kitchen suites. Hollywood and the Sunset Strip is minutes away and Wife or significant other has Beverly Hills stores, Melrose shopping close by as well. I've paid under $60 per night for a suite there cause of the renno....... :D

Summer LuvN
05-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Any suggestions for a little weekend getaway in So. Cal? Looking for a nice hotel or possibly a bed and breakfast. Thanks.
Go to a bed and breakfast. We went in Big Bear and had a great time!! :D

Baja Big Dog
05-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Pudingstone, in Pomona......nice lake view....:)

riverratrob
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
The Hyatt in Huntington Beach has nice balcony views and main street has some good eats.

yopengo
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Drive up the coast and go to Santa Barbara. Lots to see and do.

WYRD
05-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Catalina is always nice, but I hear its HOT this time of year:o :D

Racey
05-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Catalina hands down, its the most relaxing place around! we go with a group of buddies for the ski race every year, lots of cool bars, good food, and plenty to do, golf cart and outboard rentals, snorkeling and just some good old fashioned boozin and relaxing.

Ziggy
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Some really cool B&B's up in Julian, great little mountain town, plenty of hiking if you like that, famous Apple Pies!!!!!!!!, old western type of town, great views and vistas.......just a nice relaxing place to get away.
Did I mention the outstanding Apple Pies?? :D :D

mrs.rvrluvr
05-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Julian is great....we are riding the Harley out there Sunday. Anyway....Arrowhead & Big Bear have some great B&B's. Really nice up there this time of year, too. The JW Marriott in Palm Desert is nice as well. Great spa, and a fun night club in the hotel. A little warm out there now though. The Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey is also very nice to go & relax.

FreshTracks
05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone, some very good ideas. Appreciate it!

Baja Big Dog
05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Catalina hands down, its the most relaxing place around! we go with a group of buddies for the ski race every year, lots of cool bars, good food, and plenty to do, golf cart and outboard rentals, snorkeling and just some good old fashioned boozin and relaxing.
Not much shade this time of year!!!!

burtandnancy2
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Our boater crowd goes to Catalina, at least annually...

32sunrkt
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
wwww.parkerpalmssprings.com

VEGASBABY
05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
The Hyatt in Huntington Beach has nice balcony views and main street has some good eats. Good call, Huntington is a great spot to get away. Going there for my wifes an I 20yr anni.

rvr_d8
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
The Roadrunner Inn in The Beautiful High Desert area we call the Antelope Valley.
Yeah, the Hookers have been mostly run off, so it is now safe for families to visit! :eek: ;) :p
j/k Anywhere along the coast is Nice!
I personally go to the River for a Nice get away!!!!:D

NashvilleBound
05-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Loews Coronado is a good gig. The Sunday brunch is one of a kind!!!! Coronado Island takes a whole weekend to see also......well worth it.

scooooter7
05-16-2007, 05:47 PM
If going to Catalina, you might want to check and see if they have recovered from all the fires they had.

AirtimeLavey
05-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I like Montage in Laguna, Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, and Catalina. have fun! :D

MrsGHT
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Good call, Huntington is a great spot to get away. Going there for my wifes an I 20yr anni.
20 years!!! Holy crap you guys are gettin' up there, had no idea. Huntington sounds like a good time, never been there....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :devil:

All IN
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Santa Barbara is a great weekend getaway.

2ndIINoneMotorsports.com
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM
ive been to the Bacara Resorts in Santa Barbara...One of the best B&B i have been to in awhile.Here is the website http://www.bacararesort.com/

RitcheyRch
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Cant go wrong in either San Diego or Santa Barabra.

BoatPI
05-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Do something different, very different[ get out of your car!
I tried it and it was great.
Board the Amtrak Coaster at the Irvine or one of many stations and go to San Diego. You arrive at the historic Union Station. Form this point you can walk to Gaslamp, Convention Center, or my fav, little italy.
Just last Sunday the O.C. Register travel section had little italy as a headliner. Many shops, places to eat and drink. Spend the night at a great historic place, the U.S. Grant Hotel. Very stately and reminds me of Philly.
Like I said, leave the car at home and enjoy to incredible cost during the trip.
PI

RitcheyRch
05-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Excellent idea. Never thought about that. Guess can always take the train to Santa Barabra as well.
Do something different, very different[ get out of your car!
I tried it and it was great.
Board the Amtrak Coaster at the Irvine or one of many stations and go to San Diego. You arrive at the historic Union Station. Form this point you can walk to Gaslamp, Convention Center, or my fav, little italy.
Just last Sunday the O.C. Register travel section had little italy as a headliner. Many shops, places to eat and drink. Spend the night at a great historic place, the U.S. Grant Hotel. Very stately and reminds me of Philly.
Like I said, leave the car at home and enjoy to incredible cost during the trip.
PI

BoatPI
05-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Soulds like a plan. But up north has been coold lately. I am off to Monterey this Sunday to teach for three days, and it is in the high 50's. So check it out and use San Diego as a second choice. You can board in downtown LA as this is where the SD Coaster begins daily.