PDA

View Full Version : to sell or not?

zudnic
05-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm addicted to both jets and speed. I like my 19ft. Marlin, but SB chevy good engine, dont get me wrong, just wont give me the reliable higher hp I'll need; once I hit 70mph+, I will want 80mph! So instead of building a big block for this Marlin, might sell to get another Marlin or something sim turnkey with a big block..... :idea:

squirt'nmyload
05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
well decide if the hull you have is worth it to keep or if it will be safe enough at 80 + once you get there......my opinion is start with a good hull and run it with what you got, you can always build the bigger motor over time :)

victorfb
05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
IMHO id say keep the play boat as is and build yourself a race boat. going that fast on the rivers and lakes is not only unsafe to you but others aswell. take the speed to the tracks were there is atleast medical and rescue crews available. trust me, Stupid Hurts.

squirt'nmyload
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
IMHO id say keep the play boat as is and build yourself a race boat. going that fast on the rivers and lakes is not only unsafe to you but others aswell. take the speed to the tracks were there is atleast medical and rescue crews available. trust me, Stupid Hurts.
now thats some good advice right there :)

Cas
05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
now thats some good advice right there :)
sure is!
hey Victor, I think you need to take the trip up this way with Dave the weekend after next :D

victorfb
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
spent too much money lately. toni says im grounded. oh well, looks like ill stay home and work on one of the boats. i got parts..lol :D

zudnic
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
IMHO id say keep the play boat as is and build yourself a race boat..
Speed is only a fraction of the equation. I've gotten addicted to jets in general, racing might be the next evolution.
The other this boats in good overall shape, if it was a Porsche would call her as a solid clean daily driver. I dont have patience want closer to show room condition as well. Like the speed, looks, handling and sounds (BB's sound better)....