PDA

View Full Version : Bass Tubes....

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I just put a stereo in my boat and am not pleased at all due to the lack of bass. :( I would like to install a few subs but don't have very muck room in the boat, and don't want to sacrifice storage for ice chests and other stuff.
This is making me really look at bass tubes. I have never installed one in any of my trucks or boats; So I know very little about them. Ive heard a couple and thought they sound like crap. I just would like something equal or close to a nice 12" sub.
Has anyone installed a bass tubes and been pleased with them. Can any of you recommend a good bass tube?
:hammer2:

Cole Trickle
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
They sound crappy.
Take some pics of the interior....One good 12 with some power will be all you need for clean bass.

Legal Chemistry
05-16-2007, 01:58 PM
it looks like you already have two handing over the back??? Ya need more than that? :D

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 02:08 PM
They sound crappy.
Take some pics of the interior....One good 12 with some power will be all you need for clean bass.
I just went over to Marks Auto Sound in Irwindale. He does all the installs for Hallett Boats.
Mark Came up with a great way to install a Alpine 12" with a Alpine Bass amp. I will have to sacrifice a little room but oh well. He gave me a great deal on all the equipment. I will install it tonight after work. Ill be sure to post pics when its completed.

Cole Trickle
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I just went over to Marks Auto Sound in Irwindale. He does all the installs for Hallett Boats.
Mark Came up with a great way to install a Alpine 12" with a Alpine Bass amp. I will have to sacrifice a little room but oh well. He gave me a great deal on all the equipment. I will install it tonight after work. Ill be sure to post pics when its completed.
Cool deal...you will be much happier:)

Legal Chemistry
05-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I use an alpine 5-channel amp and have been quite satisfied. I run my components with 4 channels and the 5th to drive the sub. It has worked well for me. I believe F450 is the model.

riverbound
05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Looks like you got it all figured out....the bass tubes would have sounded Crappy.

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
yah dont wanna be laughed at with crappy bass tubes. haha..
I dont know what Alpine model amp and sub I got. Its down in my truck. Ill take a look next time I go outside.

Cole Trickle
05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Looks like you got it all figured out....the bass tubes would have sounded Crappy.
How is a alpine sub gonna sound?;) :idea:
I know there new amps are the shizz but I don't know much about the subs...

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 03:48 PM
My buddy has 3 10" Alpines in his truck. They sound great! Better than the JLs he replaced them with. If Im not happy I will take it back. Mark will make sure Im happy with what ever product he sells me, as he would for any customer.

Cole Trickle
05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
My buddy has 3 10" Alpines in his truck. They sound great! Better than the JLs he replaced them with. If Im not happy I will take it back. Mark will make sure Im happy with what ever product he sells me, as he would for any customer.
Good to deal with a place that backs up what they sell.:)
Thing about speakers is there is good and bad in any line. For example there is no Alpine subs on the planet that could sound better than say a JL 10w6 If it's the 10w0 or 3 it could happen.
Post the part numbers when you have a chance

dumbandyoung
05-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Good to deal with a place that backs up what they sell.:)
Thing about speakers is there is good and bad in any line. For example there is no Alpine subs on the planet that could sound better than say a JL 10w6 If it's the 10w0 or 3 it could happen.
Post the part numbers when you have a chance
WORD!;)
amp: MRP-M450
sub: SWS-12235

riverbound
05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Even their entry level Type S subs sound pretty good in th eright application. As long as it is powered properly he should have no pronblems with it. I ran them quite a few times in boats with good success.....just make sure they are in a DRY location as they are a paper cone.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Having the proper enclosure wth any sub is key. Even a 10W6 will sound like like sh*t without being housed prpoerly. Just my .02

dumbandyoung
05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Having the proper enclosure wth any sub is key. Even a 10W6 will sound like like sh*t without being housed prpoerly. Just my .02
Correct! Airspace is very very important.

thmper321
05-17-2007, 09:13 PM
We just replaced Type S 12's with Typer R 12's and installed PDX Amps. The Type S subs sounded good but the R's with more power was so much better.
I actually think the old JL W6 subs with the stamped baskets performed better than the current model. Plus that sub is what JL what it is today.