PDA

View Full Version : anyone at lake mohave last weekend?

halfhers
05-16-2007, 09:59 PM
was lake mohave crowded lst weekend? and was there sobriety check at Katherine landing? planing to go this weekend, need info....:D

pw_Tony
05-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I go out a few days out of the week. I guess it's not really busy yet. And I NEVER launch at Katherine's, way too over crowded! I just go to Telphone cover NORTH or princess cove

halfhers
05-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I go out a few days out of the week. I guess it's not really busy yet. And I NEVER launch at Katherine's, way too over crowded! I just go to Telphone cover NORTH or princess cove
thanks for the info, never launch from telphone cove, but i guess there is always a first time....

pw_Tony
05-16-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks for the info, never launch from telphone cove, but i guess there is always a first time....
After launching their you'll never go back to Katherine's. But it doesn't have a store or anything :(

Chubby4Life
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
I have a question, What do you call the cove across from Katherine's, to the north with the dirt road comming down from 168? Every map I see calls this Telephone cove.

phebus
05-17-2007, 05:28 AM
I have a question, What do you call the cove across from Katherine's, to the north with the dirt road comming down from 168? Every map I see calls this Telephone cove.
There is a Telephone Cove on both sides of the lake.

PACKERFAN
05-17-2007, 08:33 AM
I was there last weekend staying at Cottonwood Cove. The lake was pretty empty. There was no check point at Cottonwood. I never went down towards Katherines so I cant help with any info there.

Benjhamina
05-17-2007, 08:59 AM
I used telephone once a couple of years ago. How is the road lately. I remember it being dusty and rough and it filled the boat with mud. Is it still like that?

halfhers
05-17-2007, 08:06 PM
would there be more people this weekend?

DILLIGAF
05-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Just got back from katherines as I took my boat out and cleaned the interior while on the water.
Yes, it is getting busy. Not as bad as it will be next weekend though.
I asked if they did the sobriety checkpoint last weekend and one employee told me they are expecting it tomorrow (Sat). The last 3-4 years they do this every weekend before Memorial. Every watercraft gets pulled in as they come INTO Katherines.

BALLSDEEP
05-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Just got back from katherines as I took my boat out and cleaned the interior while on the water.
Yes, it is getting busy. Not as bad as it will be next weekend though.
I asked if they did the sobriety checkpoint last weekend and one employee told me they are expecting it tomorrow (Sat). The last 3-4 years they do this every weekend before Memorial. Every watercraft gets pulled in as they come INTO Katherines.
Stupid question, why do they have the check point the weekend prior to Memorial, is it to try and deter people from coming?

RiverToysJas
05-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Stupid question, why do they have the check point the weekend prior to Memorial, is it to try and deter people from coming?
It's always been that weekend for at least a few to several years. I don't think Memorial has much to do with it. IMO They couldn't really do it on Memorial Weekend because there's too much traffic and too many boats. Not to mention LEO will probably be needed elsewhere on the lake and in town during a busy Holiday weekend. After Memorial, it's still going to be very busy for them too as the summer season has unofficially started then. So that date probably just makes sense as the last weekend before the heavy crowds come in. But I'm just making that up based on my logic...could be wrong.
RTJas :D

LuckyStrike
05-18-2007, 01:14 PM
It's always been that weekend for at least a few to several years. I don't think Memorial has much to do with it. IMO They couldn't really do it on Memorial Weekend because there's too much traffic and too many boats. Not to mention LEO will probably be needed elsewhere on the lake and in town during a busy Holiday weekend. After Memorial, it's still going to be very busy for them too as the summer season has unofficially started then. So that date probably just makes sense as the last weekend before the heavy crowds come in. But I'm just making that up based on my logic...could be wrong.
Whats Up Big Dog...??? Looking forward to seeing you and Con out before SEPT.....Not doing the Dam Run????

27 Awesome cat
05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Just got back from from Mohave after five days and did not see a sobriety check anywhere..Did gasoline alley a couple times and talked to one of the rangers there and he said YES they will be checking for this coming weekend and all holidays.. Besides that there where plenty of good peole just having a good time like usual. Oh and this was the first time that I have ever meet so many designated drivers on a lake,including me for once..:D
If your going to drink don't drive!!!!!!!!!
Oh and Mohave sucks!:D :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_14162.JPG

RiverToysJas
05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Whats Up Big Dog...??? Looking forward to seeing you and Con out before SEPT.....Not doing the Dam Run????
Hey AJ! When's the new sled arriving??? I'm thinking about trying to make the Dam Run June 8th, but I can't make those plans firm and I probably won't be there. BUT we'll be on Mohave a couple times the week of July 9th. Probably run to the dam one of those days, just hang on the lake another, and then to a run to Havasu from Needles another.....We'll be out there all week!!! Hopefully we'll see you around!!!

Pheelin Phroggy
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
just got back from Katherines this afternoon, did a cpl of runs up to Cottonwood, Lake was pretty much empty... got some pretty good rollers 2-4' across the lower basin both days around 1. Dont know how the weekend will look, but there where a shi.load of boats headed that way on the 40.

DILLIGAF
05-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Just got back from from Mohave after five days and did not see a sobriety check anywhere..Did gasoline alley a couple times and talked to one of the rangers there and he said YES they will be checking for this coming weekend and all holidays.. Besides that there where plenty of good peole just having a good time like usual. Oh and this was the first time that I have ever meet so many designated drivers on a lake,including me for once..:D
If your going to drink don't drive!!!!!!!!!
Oh and Mohave sucks!:D :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_14162.JPG
Beautiful pic :)
Today is the day for the sobriety checkpoint......

27 Awesome cat
05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Beautiful pic :)
Today is the day for the sobriety checkpoint......
TY:D
Thats what I was told two days ago..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_14441.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_1414.JPG