PDA

View Full Version : Ez-lube or JIFFY

riverratrob
05-17-2007, 10:01 AM
So I'm watching the news and see that these franchise lube shops are "F"ing the customer's again selling services that are not being done .Has anyone ever been screwed by these guy's and still keep going back to them. I'm just curious being that I own a independent lube center I wonder what other peoples thoughts are on this:confused:

Riverat84
05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
well i once offered to change my parent's 06 yukon's oil, but he INSISTED that i take it to the pros at jiffy down the street....well i do, and when i get home..less than 2 miles, mind you, there's only two quarts in the focking pan!...i crawl under to fine that the drain plug is hanging by one thread on its nut....i quickly drove back there in my truck and gave the losers a piece of my mind and my debit card to get a full refund, plus 2 free visits that i'll obviously never use....thats all i have came encountered with..hope this helps...that was less than a year ago BTW
Reid

djunkie
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I used to work at a Valvoline Instant Oil Change when I was in High School. I will NEVER bring my car to one of those places for service after seeing what goes on there. I lasted less than a month then I quit. Couldn't believe how bad they were messing up peoples cars.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
05-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I was at Jiffy this AM and they were pissed I watched their every move. I stood 10 feet away. I saw that show too! Funny how they hump when you watch!!!

YeLLowBoaT
05-17-2007, 10:11 AM
I personally would never take my car there. I've seen the people that work there. There is a goodyear shop not to far from me that actually has decent and skilled help... if I don't change it myself, thats where I take it... besides They love me... working in construction and having road hazard on all my tires... :D

HEDJUG
05-17-2007, 10:16 AM
In my litte podunk town, the service at Jiffy Lube is pretty good. I have taken my last 5 cars to them, three of the cars had over 130k on em & never had one problem.

zudnic
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
In my litte podunk town, the service at Jiffy Lube is pretty good. I have taken my last 5 cars to them, three of the cars had over 130k on em & never had one problem.
My 04 Excursion has more than 130K on it. Started going to Jiffy lube cause the local little podunk town Ford dealer was charging for chit not done. Fuel, oil and air filters, etc......
The owner of the Jiffy franchise both he and his wife supervise their employee's and are worse than I'am on being the watching customer.....

RitcheyRch
05-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I wouldnt let them change the oil in my lawnmower.

Caljamr
05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I had the same experience of a loose drain plug. I tighten the plug and checked the dipstick. I went back there and they said the drain plug is tight. I asked them if they would have rather had me drive back down with plug loose and risk the chance of it falling out. They all had the "Oh ya" look on their face. I got a free oil change certificate and gave it some one at work.
On the other hand i have found one of the quick lubes near my house that i trust and have been using them for a while.
My best friend always says double check there work always no matter how much you trust someone. It sucks but it's a fact of life.

cdog
05-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I go to the eazy lube in Yorba linda off of Weir canyon. I check on them while they work and don't fall for the up sell BS they pull. A couple of times they did not tighten the oil filter tight enough on my suburban. I went back, chewed their ass and got a free oil change.
I laugh when they try to up sell me on a bunch of shit for my wifes car. I tell them it's a lease and I don't give a shit about it. :D

Brewzed
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Jiffy Lube sucks. They owe me a ton of money for some survey work. Been in litigation forever.
My father in law had a run in with a guy at ez lube. He said he lubed 14 zirc (sp) fittings and his truck only had 8. He and my father in law are arguing about it, the guy jumps out of the pit like he wanted to get physical until he saw my father in law is 6'4" about 260. He then started apoligizing for the mistake and said he thought his truck was a different model.

soupersonic
05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I have had them strip my drain plug also.I dont go to them for the same reason i dont go to Discount tire anymore.Their monkeys dont start the lugs by hand,cross thread it, ram it on with the impact anyway :rolleyes:

riverratrob
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Jiffy Lube sucks. They owe me a ton of money for some survey work. Been in litigation forever.
My father in law had a run in with a guy at ez lube. He said he lubed 14 zirc (sp) fittings and his truck only had 8. He and my father in law are arguing about it, the guy jumps out of the pit like he wanted to get physical until he saw my father in law is 6'4" about 260. He then started apoligizing for the mistake and said he thought his truck was a different model.
That is fhukn funny kinda hard to judge size from down below:D

SB
05-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Walmart will start using the suck the oil out method to keep down the loose drain plugs claims.
I go to the tire place and get my tires rotated when I get the oil changed.

rideorange
05-17-2007, 11:11 AM
my girlfriend was one of those register chicks that ring you up at ez lube for like 2 months. She said she had to quit cuz she had a guilty conscious after work every day from selling people stuff that she knew the grease monkeys outside were not really doing..i.e. only draining a couple quarts. Oh and the very important "fuel injector service" which ment squirting some carb cleaner in the intake..for the low price of 79.95:eek:

Baja Big Dog
05-17-2007, 12:19 PM
It amazes me..
Where you gonna go??
Does anyone out there actually think one place hires better people than the other? Get a clue.
I own a diesel repair service, and I am glad that I wont have to be around in the next 100 years, cause you wont find ANYONE to work on your car that has any skills at all. Where do they learn automotive skills????Not at the High school level like we did 20 or 30 years ago, they have no money for these type of classes.
so these oil changes places scrape for whom ever they can get to possibly turn a wrench to change your oil.
This goes for Goodyear, Sears, Wal Mart etc....:mad:

havaduner
05-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I go to the same Jiffy Lube all the time. Never had a problem, but I do stand outside the bay and watch them work. they actually have footprints painted on the ground, where you're "allowed" to stand and watch. Since I'm in there about every month and a half, the manager knows me and I never accept any of their "other" services.

squirt'nmyload
05-17-2007, 12:31 PM
i have taken vehicles there in the past but i take my current vehicle to the dealer for everything.

SHOTKALLIN
05-17-2007, 12:57 PM
grease monkey stripped my drain plug once. I only go to a independently owned lube place that i have been going to for years. no extra services for me. oil, filter, tire preasure and squeegee my window. $15 for a air filter...no thank you. I put my own in and the focker didn't even screw the filter box back on tight.:mad: I hear some of these places use no name oil and claim its the good stuff.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
after everything about these places on TV I would be very cautious.:jawdrop:

VEGASBABY
05-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Mrs Vee I love your new sig:)

westair
05-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't think I'll be going to Jiffy Lube anytime soon. The problem is
nobody wants to just change your oil.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Mrs Vee I love your new sig:)
Thank you.. I love your Avatar..:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Don't think I'll be going to Jiffy Lube anytime soon. The problem is
nobody wants to just change your oil.
True that :D

R.A.D.man
05-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Whew, by the title, I thought this was another CRZYBTCH thread.
The couple times I've used them, I made sure I watched them work. If the business policy is against it, I would go somewhere else. I like the policy NTB has with respect to being in the work area, but they want you to wear the funny goggles as a deterrent.