PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Idaho Jetboat Racing Video

ravencrew
05-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Here is a semi finished product!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28njyl07if4
Now who wants a ride? Anyone up for a race? Looking for more teams too!!

MikeF
05-17-2007, 04:08 PM
That water is MOVIN!
Cool vid!:)

ravencrew
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Not to mention the water tempature was 46 degrees!

photo chick
05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
I have to see one of those races live!! I can't imagine the adrenaline.... I've been pitched out of a boat on a class 5 but the boat didn't have an engine and it definitely didn't land on me......what a rush!

Jbb
05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Man that looks like fun....nice work!

ravencrew
05-17-2007, 06:12 PM
We just ordered an ONBOARD CAMERA for the next race! I should be able to get some good onboard footage next time, Then you can really see what it's like to go for a ride!:idea:

Xlration Marine
05-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Nice vid. Do these boats run the AT pump's? I hear that they are the best ones out there. Have you ever run or know any one that has run the Kodiak pump's? If so are they any good. Thanks.

ravencrew
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Some guys are running Amercian Turbines with a B impeller or a AA impeller. They don't run average nozzles their called Race snoots. Other racers are also running Legend Pumps with the same type of impellers. The impellers are also stainless steel. The AA impeller is a larger size for lower rpm's and the B is just the oppisite.The AA moves more water than the B does though. I would go with the AT hands down!

bottom feeder
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice vid. Do these boats run the AT pump's? I hear that they are the best ones out there. Have you ever run or know any one that has run the Kodiak pump's? If so are they any good. Thanks.
The white water racers run mixed flow only. Ron and Dustin at AMT are quite popular. The Axil flow just gives up to much on the top end. My river boat (red fishing) runs a hamilton. The Hamilton and Scott jet unites are far better for slowly picking your way through the ruff. (they are much less prone to cavitation and recover quicker.) The Jet sprint racing is all axil flow The Hamilton Colorado was popular now if you want to be fast you run a Scott jet. The acceleration is unbelivable, but run out of legs in the 90s.

twowheeledfish
05-17-2007, 09:27 PM
My buddy's old boat with the tribal flames looked like it was running solid. Nice. Did they finally leave that red/white tri-hull POS at the bottom of the river where it belongs?

Xlration Marine
05-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the info.

ravencrew
05-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by twowheeledfish:
My buddy's old boat with the tribal flames looked like it was running solid. Nice. Did they finally leave that red/white tri-hull POS at the bottom of the river where it belongs? The answer to that is hell no! The boat will be racing next weekend! IT'S HARD TO KEEP A GOOD THING DOWN! Sorry your feelings were hurt! But hey Man, that's Racing!!!!!!!!!!

Xlration Marine
05-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Well I looked at the Scott Jets and they look like the Kodiak Jet. But I have yet to see any running in lakes around here. Most owners of glass boats seem to be stuck on the Berkley, Dominator pumps. And it looks like these pumps are way behind the Scott and Kodiak as far as performance. I would like to see how one of them would work with a 4000 rpm diesel running a big impeller. With the torque that the diesel can put out you should be able to run a big SS impeller and hit some decent speeds.

ravencrew
05-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Xlration what kind of cubic inches are you running? Are you actually running a diesel in your boat or just comparing? The Boy's in Idaho run some serious boats up there, They have to if you have ever seen the water up there. For a lake I don't think your going to run into much of that! I have a 21' EAGLE and the boat runs an AT pump. Never had a problem with it so far. The only thing I have had to replace is the hydralics line for the jetovator. It fell on the oil line and melted that was another nightmare in its self!!

ravencrew
05-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Couldn't imagine a jetboat with a diesel in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I would pay good money to see that!!!