BoatPI
05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
GO DUCKS!!!
Next game Sunday

rmarion
05-17-2007, 09:02 PM
GO DUCKS!!!
Next game Sunday
ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBoyBlue
05-17-2007, 10:26 PM
damn ducks
sorry, im a kings guy, no matter how bad we do.

EAZYKILLER2006
05-18-2007, 12:41 AM
yea!!!
Series Tied 2-2
Goooooo Duccckkkksss

raff
05-18-2007, 04:49 AM
damn ducks
glad to see I'm not the only one out here:D would be nice to see the cup in So Cal thought.:eek:

OnlyMoney
05-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Damn those Ducks! They cost me $$$$$. :mad:

catman-do
05-18-2007, 06:24 AM
damn ducks
Im with you, Im a kings fan. Even though they havent been good since the mid 90's.
GO DETROIT !!!!!
BTW, I WOULDNT want the cup back here if it had to go to Anaheim.

Hardly Satisfied
05-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Damn those Ducks! They cost me $$$$$. :mad:
Hey girl, I went to the game last night it sucked that we didn't win

yopengo
05-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Hell yes! Go DUCKS! :D

OnlyMoney
05-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Hey girl, I went to the game last night it sucked that we didn't win
My friends were there, too. Totally sucky game. I can imagine all those kids with the duck calls........I HATE those things. :D

Hardly Satisfied
05-18-2007, 06:29 AM
yes those duck calls suck, and all the towels everyone had. Next game sunday

Debbolas
05-18-2007, 06:33 AM
:D Go Ducks :D

catman-do
05-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Turns out that Anaheim wont let you bring in Octipi... My friend tried bringing one to Tues game, and they made him toss it in the trash. HATERS!
GO DETROIT!!!!

OnlyMoney
05-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Turns out that Anaheim wont let you bring in Octipi... My friend tried bringing one to Tues game, and they made him toss it in the trash. HATERS!
GO DETROIT!!!!
Well, I thought they took one off the ice either last night or Tuesday night.

jayd_jr
05-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Well, I thought they took one off the ice either last night or Tuesday night.
Last night they took two off because the red wing fans cant be gracious in defeat:rolleyes: :D

Hardly Satisfied
05-18-2007, 06:47 AM
GO DETROIT!!!!
I was at the game last night and saw 2 of them on the ice last night after that empty net goal not sure how they got them in

jayd_jr
05-18-2007, 06:50 AM
I think the Ducks will take the series now that they have tied it up. Detroit had their chance last night with both Kunitz (huge Forechecker) and Pronger out. The ducks waivered last night but never broke which shows what you need in the playoffs. We will see on Sunday at noon!

dasburb
05-18-2007, 07:15 AM
We were there as always. Great game. The Wangs fans throwing the octopus on the ice when the game is over was just so they wouldn't have to carry it home....bottom line, if you have already lost the game you don't toss the freakin octopus on the ice. It is a great tradition in Detroit, before the game starts, and not in someone elses building, and not when the game is over. I would be willing to be that most of them don't even know the meaning of the octopus........

rmarion
05-18-2007, 07:16 AM
It's going to be a TUFF remaining series.......... Detroit outplayed the Ducks last night....but I'll take a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
The needed that kind of win, where they were not the domiant team, but came away with a win........
NOW THEY CAN GO TO DETROIT AND KICK THEIR AZZ AND WIN THE SERIES IN SIX
GO DUCKS

catman-do
05-18-2007, 08:12 AM
We were there as always. Great game. The Wangs fans throwing the octopus on the ice when the game is over was just so they wouldn't have to carry it home....bottom line, if you have already lost the game you don't toss the freakin octopus on the ice. It is a great tradition in Detroit, before the game starts, and not in someone elses building, and not when the game is over. I would be willing to be that most of them don't even know the meaning of the octopus........
Actually, its has NOTHING to do with who's building they are in. The octopus has eight legs which represents 8 games needed to win the cup 50 years ago. They would throw them onto the ice for luck in the begining of the series. Now it has kind of evolved. Detroit fans will throw them on the ice in the begining of a game in the semi's and it has morphed so that they will also throw them when a hat trick comes up, and at the end of the cup finals.

jayd_jr
05-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Actually, its has NOTHING to do with who's building they are in. The octopus has eight legs which represents 8 games needed to win the cup 50 years ago. They would throw them onto the ice for luck in the begining of the series. Now it has kind of evolved. Detroit fans will throw them on the ice in the begining of a game in the semi's and it has morphed so that they will also throw them when a hat trick comes up, and at the end of the cup finals.
Here is a brief history.... It actually does have to do with their home arena.... I feel its something that they need to keep at home games. ....
"There are few traditions in sports that compare to those in the game of hockey. One such tradition is the throwing of octopi onto the ice at Red Wings games. Ever wonder how it started?
The octopus first made its appearance on April 15, 1952, during the Red Wings' Stanley Cup playoff run.
Two Detroit brothers, Pete and Jerry Cusimano - storeowner's in Detroit's Eastern Market - threw the eight-legged cephalopod on the ice at Olympia Stadium. Each tentacle of the octopus was symbolic of a win in the playoffs. Back then, the NHL boasted only six teams, and eight wins (two best-of-seven series) were needed to win the Stanley Cup. The Red Wings swept the series that year, and the Octopus has come to be the good luck charm ever since.
The tradition carried over to Joe Louis Arena on opening night in 1979 when several found their way onto the ice.
During the 1995 playoffs, Bob Dubisky and Larry Shotwell, co-workers at a meat and seafood retail company near Detroit, tossed a 38-pound octopus onto the ice during the National Anthem prior to Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. The year after, the duo struck again with a 50-pounder in the Conference Finals. Although the feat received no airtime on the nationally broadcast game, the octopus was proudly displayed on the hood of the Zamboni between periods."