PDA

View Full Version : I finally got it, and it matches the truck

Magic34
05-17-2007, 11:23 PM
I finally got the new boat brought over from CA. It matches the truck pretty good.
Now that I have it, it goes straight in the garage until August. :( Well, to the shop first for some adds, then to the garage. :(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_2242.jpg

Outnumbered
05-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I just wish I had a garage big enough for that beast. Nice cruiser, congrats.

Outnumbered
05-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Does the boat have a garage in the back for the Rhino?:D That thing is huge:eek:

Magic34
05-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Lookin good bro! Why in the garage til August? (if you don't mind me askin) :idea:
Baby Boy coming in 3 1/2 weeks via C-Section. Wife is out of service for 6 weeks after that for the recovery. We might make it out a little earlier, but only a week or 2 at most. So at best, end of July if she is feeling good and baby is great. Not worth risking anything on something like that for a day at the lake (yes, the lake is awesome, but family/health come first).:D <---- Just in case she ever reads that.

Magic34
05-17-2007, 11:44 PM
I just wish I had a garage big enough for that beast. Nice cruiser, congrats.
I have a metal building for it, and it is hell. The garage has tried to kill me. It is 1/2 done with the modifications and I am not working on it any more after consecutive weekends of injury.
I am hiring some guys to finish it in the next few weeks. For now, keeping it in a buddy's hanger at Deer Valley.

Outnumbered
05-18-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a metal building for it, and it is hell. The garage has tried to kill me. It is 1/2 done with the modifications and I am not working on it any more after consecutive weekends of injury.
I am hiring some guys to finish it in the next few weeks. For now, keeping it in a buddy's hanger at Deer Valley.
Are they still renting them for storage? Somebody told me that they no longer are doing that. It used to be a good trick for affordable storage.

RiverOtter
05-18-2007, 02:39 AM
I finally got the new boat brought over from CA. It matches the truck pretty good.
Now that I have it, it goes straight in the garage until August. :( Well, to the shop first for some adds, then to the garage. :(
525's with BIII's ?

LuckyStrike
05-18-2007, 05:03 AM
Great Looking Cruiser..:D :D

LuckyStrike
05-18-2007, 05:06 AM
By the way any Trailering Issues with Bridges..?? I remember you asking a while back about height issues.
Looks like the Dome ended staying Up..??

ChumpChange
05-18-2007, 06:33 AM
By the way any Trailering Issues with Bridges..?? I remember you asking a while back about height issues.
Looks like the Dome ended staying Up..??
If you compare with his sig picture, there is a second dome in that one.

ChumpChange
05-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Baby Boy coming in 3 1/2 weeks via C-Section. Wife is out of service for 6 weeks after that for the recovery. We might make it out a little earlier, but only a week or 2 at most. So at best, end of July if she is feeling good and baby is great. Not worth risking anything on something like that for a day at the lake (yes, the lake is awesome, but family/health come first).:D <---- Just in case she ever reads that.
I feel you on that one. Have a baby girl coming soon(due date June 13th) so the boat gets a summer full of storage.

Magic34
05-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Are they still renting them for storage? Somebody told me that they no longer are doing that. It used to be a good trick for affordable storage.
I dont know about that. I bought this garage for about $5k. It started at 14x40 and 8' tall.
Then I had to raise it for the 34 Cat. I raides it a foot to make it 9' tall with a 11' peak.
Now, I raised it again to 14' tall, added 5 feet in length. It peaks at 16' tall.

Magic34
05-18-2007, 06:51 AM
525's with BIII's ?
496 HOs

Magic34
05-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I feel you on that one. Have a baby girl coming soon(due date June 13th) so the boat gets a summer full of storage.
That was our original delivery schedule, but the DR changed it because she was going to be out of town. Congrats!!!!!

Outnumbered
05-18-2007, 07:21 AM
I dont know about that. I bought this garage for about $5k. It started at 14x40 and 8' tall.
Then I had to raise it for the 34 Cat. I raides it a foot to make it 9' tall with a 11' peak.
Now, I raised it again to 14' tall, added 5 feet in length. It peaks at 16' tall.
Sorry, I was talking bout the hangars:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Awesome boat.. it does look good behind the truck..:D

Magic34
05-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Sorry, I was talking bout the hangars:D
Oh, I have no idea. I hired a guy who has a smalll plane and he just moved it from Scottdale to Deer Valley.

Jordy
05-18-2007, 07:52 AM
You know, if you need someone to take it out and blow out the carbon and make sure the batteries and the rest of the systems are in operating order, I'd be happy to help ya out. I know it will cut into my Donzi time, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to help a fellow boater out. ;)
Jordy <----all about people helping people. :D

2Driver
05-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Looks like lots of good times ahead.
The plane we use is at DV at hanger row 52. Be careful unless your buddy has some pull there as I believe they frown on non-aircraft storage there. Worth a check and they do spot inspections.
Maybe add some fake wings when you pull it in. :D :D

Magic34
05-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Looks like lots of good times ahead.
The plane we use is at DV at hanger row 52. Be careful unless your buddy has some pull there as I believe they frown on non-aircraft storage there. Worth a check and they do spot inspections.
Maybe add some fake wings when you pull it in. :D :D
It would only be there 2-3 weeks max.

Magic34
05-18-2007, 08:01 AM
You know, if you need someone to take it out and blow out the carbon and make sure the batteries and the rest of the systems are in operating order, I'd be happy to help ya out. I know it will cut into my Donzi time, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to help a fellow boater out. ;)
Great thanks.... I'll call you, dont call me, I'll call you when it is all clean and ready. :D

Jordy
05-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Great thanks.... I'll call you, dont call me, I'll call you when it is all clean and ready. :D
You know, I've got 5 gallons of Hot Sauce here if you need any help cleaning. ;)

Riverkid
05-18-2007, 08:09 AM
I think I saw this going down the 91. Silver chevy tow, non dually?

ParkerRat
05-18-2007, 08:09 AM
That's a nice looking Boat. Is it a Formula? What is the length, width, trailer wheight on it? Just curious, I would like to get something like it myself and I did not really want to keep it in a slip. thanks

Magic34
05-18-2007, 08:13 AM
I think I saw this going down the 91. Silver chevy tow, non dually?
It left CA behind a blue 2500HD on Wednesday afternoon.
Now in AZ and dually is it.

AZJD
05-18-2007, 08:15 AM
What did it do, kill the first truck and you rescued it?;)

Magic34
05-18-2007, 08:18 AM
That's a nice looking Boat. Is it a Formula? What is the length, width, trailer wheight on it? Just curious, I would like to get something like it myself and I did not really want to keep it in a slip. thanks
Formula 370 SS, 10' 6" beam, with the swim platform, it is 40' long. 44' on the trailer.
Weight... holy hell!!! I am sticking with the story of the trailer being a tank.:D It is heavy!
Another cool boat that isn't overwheling is the Cobalt 343 (there is one with 575s for sale right now). You could also get a Formula 310 or 330 Sun Sport and it isn't as crazy on the trailer as the 370.

Magic34
05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
What did it do, kill the first truck and you rescued it?;)
I was waiting for that call, but it made it, no problem.

ParkerRat
05-18-2007, 08:23 AM
I have looked at a couple like it, that is one beautiful boat. Did you buy it from the Formula Dealer in Newport?

Magic34
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I have looked at a couple like it, that is one beautiful boat. Did you buy it from the Formula Dealer in Newport?
No, it is used with 30 hours on the boat. Boat came from inland waters of Texas. Been in the ocean twice, and 1 of those times was my sea trial.
Thanks! My brother has a 400 SS that he trailers in Vegas and it is a biatch, so I went with the 370 because it's smaller.

dumbandyoung
05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Magic, You mean that you have a garage that will fit that Carnival Cruise Ship? Damn, If I had your money I would throw mine away. :D
Congrats again in the boat. Those rims on your HD are sick.

Riverkid
05-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Yah, I saw it on the 91 at Lincoln. That boat is HUGE on the trailer. Didn't look at the truck too hard but the boat is very sweet. Congrats.

Magic34
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Magic, You mean that you have a garage that will fit that Carnival Cruise Ship? Damn, If I had your money I would throw mine away. :D
Congrats again in the boat. Those rims on your HD are sick.
The garage is just an oversized tin shed. :D Actually, it is.
Thanks. I love the rims on the truck. The trailer is another story, and there is NO replacement for them, so I'm stick.

DeltaSigBoater
05-18-2007, 10:11 AM
You know, if you need someone to take it out and blow out the carbon and make sure the batteries and the rest of the systems are in operating order, I'd be happy to help ya out. I know it will cut into my... time, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to help a fellow boater out. ;)
Since I live So Cal, helping with the formula is out sorta out of the question. But I'm available to help out with the Sea Ray when it gets out here :D

Magic34
05-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Since I live So Cal, helping with the formula is out sorta out of the question. But I'm available to help out with the Sea Ray when it gets out here :D
Cool... And I will need a captain to take my distributors on trips they win around the waters/islands. :D

VEGASBABY
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Cool Boat (Ship?):D We saw you, or a boat like yours, out in Havi a few weekends back and it looked good in the water! Congrats

BigDogIvan
05-18-2007, 02:25 PM
There was one real similar docked near the bridge during the Poker Run Weekend. It did look real nice in the water!!

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM
That was Greg's... it is a little longer, but essentially the same.
They all look like Tyson...

Hfmnhoe
05-18-2007, 02:45 PM
big boat:)